The Rediculous Broken State of WoT

rng loss broken gameplay op

• Please log in to reply
48 replies to this topic

MEGAblaster96 #1 Posted 09 April 2019 - 06:17 AM

Corporal

• Players
  • 5334 battles

Playing though an endless series of losses today, I've had it. The last five in a row were absolutely ridiculous crushing defeats where my team could barely score 1-2 kills (attached image is and example of one). After reading jspringer1126's post, I realize that I'm not alone. Something is completely f***** with the MM system & RNG in this game. Most likely it's rigged.

I have a winrate about 50% and k/d ratio above 1. I don't think its a mere coincidence at all when I get rows of these games where I can hardly damage, let alone kill anything. The most plain to see example of this was me shooting up into an unangled E100's lfp, with my OBJ 257, to which I failed to penetrate. That's virtually a 100% pen chance. In other games I've been penetrated straight though the gun's mantlet, when facing directly at opponents, which amounts to over 300mm armor at it's angle. In other games my team was laid siege by half a dozen invisible enemies all over the place killing us in succession, meanwhile we couldn't see a single one.

All of these things point to stats being fudged around by the game system to kill entire teams. Why? I can only guess to enforce 50/50 win/loss rates among games. These obscenely crushing games exist to push down players that were doing too well. This has been sucking all the fun out of the game recently, and was part of the reason I quit before. Being completely slaughtered over and over and over and over and over should not happen in a game that is random and fair.

BTW, in the linked screenshot, there was only one kill on the enemy team, not two. The Strv killed itself. Meaning the enemy skill was able to annihilate us with one less top tier off the bat. Take from that what you will.

Attached Thumbnails

Mr__Maciej #2 Posted 09 April 2019 - 06:49 AM

Corporal

• Players
  • 7193 battles
  • [IDGAS]
I feel your pain. me and my clan members have noticed the same trend. so we decided to only play in a platoon to strengthen our chances of winning and we have noticed a small improvement but there are still battles where its like halve the team just didn't show up. I've been playing for just over three years now and the first year was the best. it was skill vs skill not gold vs gold. i try to stick to the low tiers to play with my favorite tank the Luchs, just so i feel like i'm making a difference. I've seen too many battles so one sided that i'm starting to think the same way that you are. it feels rigged. weather it is or not is for wargamming to know and for us to never find out.

Dollar Dog #3 Posted 09 April 2019 - 06:53 AM

Sergeant

• Players
  • 14793 battles
Yup that sounds about right

Red Five R5 #4 Posted 09 April 2019 - 07:03 AM

Major

• Players
  • 36840 battles
  • [D-12]

ello there!

would just like to say you have a 50% win rate because you are still new to the game (sorta/kinda). For most players it will finally all click around 10k battles (sometimes earlier) and your stats should start improving including your win rate.

But for now you are where you're supposed to be which is average, some you win, just as many you lose hence 50%.

There's a big difference between players with better win rates and more battles and someone at 5k battles. They are no longer grinding rubbish tanks with stock guns or trying to figure out a brand new tank in general. 

They are playing their favourite tanks every night because they know how to play these tanks. There's also a reason why their fav tank is a 430U or an E4 or a Super Conq. It's because these tanks combined with experience equals better win rate, better stats etc

These types of players CARRY, these players with these types of tanks CARRY even more. These players with these tanks in a platoon CARRY even even more.

The game is a journey and you still have a while to go before you can say "I'm gonna carry the crap out of this battle!" and actually do it.

Nothing wrong with complaining, just hope you're not still singing the same tune after 20k battles, because there's nothing worse than a seasoned player that hasn't learnt anything.

Edited by Red Five R5, 09 April 2019 - 07:26 AM.

the jackass formerly known as someone else

"if you're gonna be cocky with me in my posts and you're still living with your parents, please get lost"

atwilliams07 #5 Posted 09 April 2019 - 08:01 AM

Sergeant

• Players
  • 28669 battles

I agree with the general point that the MM needs improvement, but even for the best of players have runs of losses (and wins) where you have little impact on the outcome.  

However, as Red Five R5 implies there are numerous factors influencing win rates, and they are not all to do with the MM.  Tactics of individual players have a massive positive & negative impact, but at the end of the day you can only control your own tank, so you have to make the best of it. 

With only 5K games, how do you feel your tactical awareness is?  Are you able to “read” a battle as it is developing and flex accordingly?  How familiar are you with different maps and what positions you should take in different tanks?  Do you know the weak spots of the majority of the tanks you will face (really important in higher tiers).  Are you running the right equipment for the tanks you are playing and have your crews developed a good range of skills and perks for their tier?

Whilst each of these points might not seem material individually, collectively they lower your ability to truely influence the outcome of a battle at critical times.  Whilst this game can (and is) incredibly frustrating at times,  hang in there and report back at 10K battles to see if anything has changed.

swindle 321 #6 Posted 09 April 2019 - 09:17 AM

Major

• Beta Tester
  • 37896 battles
  • [IMTLZ]

Your overall win rate is actually not bad for someone with the amount of battles and experience you have, anything over 50% is actually considered to be pretty good. As you improve and start to have a bigger impact in each battle your win rate will start to climb. It's easy to look at people with a higher win rate than yours and think that it's just down to luck but it's really not, as you improve you'll have a bigger impact in each game and you will get more wins. That's not to say you can't have a bad run of luck, I still have bad runs where I can't seem to buy a win and I'm 34k+ battles in but it does go the other way at times too, you just have to ride that out until your luck turns around.

If I could give you 1 tip for the stage you're at it would be to try not to worry about your overall stats, you'll be surprised how quick they improve when you start to get a better grasp of the game :)

YouTube

KD9WjLi.jpg

dave mg 04 #7 Posted 09 April 2019 - 09:22 AM

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 32398 battles

View Postatwilliams07, on 09 April 2019 - 08:01 AM, said:

I agree with the general point that the MM needs improvement, but even for the best of players have runs of losses (and wins) where you have little impact on the outcome.  

However, as Red Five R5 implies there are numerous factors influencing win rates, and they are not all to do with the MM.  Tactics of individual players have a massive positive & negative impact, but at the end of the day you can only control your own tank, so you have to make the best of it. 

With only 5K games, how do you feel your tactical awareness is?  Are you able to “read” a battle as it is developing and flex accordingly?  How familiar are you with different maps and what positions you should take in different tanks?  Do you know the weak spots of the majority of the tanks you will face (really important in higher tiers).  Are you running the right equipment for the tanks you are playing and have your crews developed a good range of skills and perks for their tier?

Whilst each of these points might not seem material individually, collectively they lower your ability to truely influence the outcome of a battle at critical times.  Whilst this game can (and is) incredibly frustrating at times,  hang in there and report back at 10K battles to see if anything has changed.

WHAT ????????

roffle stomps have been a problem since the light tank update and is now basicly the norm.

i hadn't even saw a 15/0 game before that, but now it's common place.

as the majority of games are totally one sided it's obvioulsy clear rigging is involved.

I KNEW THIS GAME WAS RIGGED WHEN MY ELITE IS3 BOUNCED 6 SHOTS IN A ROW OFF A TIER 6  HELLCAT.. how the hell does 268mm pen not go through 20mm side armour or 35mm turret armour. oh and out team lost 15/2 on that one

i did for a while post up on xbox comunity a little thing called RNG OR RIGGED GAME. i gave up after posting well over 100 game results that were clearly suspect.

i do remember the old days when over 90% of matches finished up 15/8 to 15/14. now i cant even remember the last match i was in where it was left up to 2 players to decide the outcome.

now over 90% of matches finish up 15/5 or below with 15/0 being commonplace..

so there is a problem somewhere that need to be addressed, 

but like a lot of people ive invested quite a bit to this game and will play till the servers close down, but WG will never get another penny of me till the issue is fixed.

but on the flip side another thing ive found is that people are deliberatly suiciding in matches or just giving up and waiting on a red to come along and put them out there missery, that never helps, i used to moan about these players but now not so as i understand why they have just giving up half way through a game....

Dollar Dog #8 Posted 09 April 2019 - 09:32 AM

Sergeant

• Players
  • 14793 battles

View Postdave mg 04, on 09 April 2019 - 09:22 AM, said:

WHAT ????????

roffle stomps have been a problem since the light tank update and is now basicly the norm.

as the majority of games are totally one sided it's obvioulsy clear rigging is involved.

I KNEW THIS GAME WAS RIGGED WHEN MY ELITE IS3 BOUNCED 6 SHOTS IN A ROW OFF A TIER 6  HELLCAT.. how the hell does 268mm pen not go through 20mm side armour or 35mm turret armour. oh and out team lost 15/2 on that one

i did for a while post up on xbox comunity a little thing called RNG OR RIGGED GAME. i gave up after posting well over 100 game results that were clearly suspect.

i do remember the old days when over 90% of matches finished up 15/8 to 15/14. now i cant even remember the last match i was in where it was left up to 2 players to decide the outcome.

but like a lot of people ive invested quite a bit to this game and will play till the servers close down, but WG will never get another penny of me till the issue is fixed.

but on the flip side another thing ive found is that people are deliberatly suiciding in matches or just giving up and waiting on a red to come along and put them out there missery, that never helps, i used to moan about these players but now not so as i understand why they have just giving up half way through a game....

I disagree with you on the last part about team mates giving up and not even trying to turn the tide of battle. The few times where our team are down and me and afew other tankers are left we regroup and have managed to get the win. Instead of the yolo because of being out number [edited]needa carry hard at times like that not give up. Obviously when it's 8+ vs 3 in a T10 match the odds are strongly against you. I guess what I'm trying to say is don't give up to the reds fight until the end. RNG could actually be one your side

Very Classy #9 Posted 09 April 2019 - 12:03 PM

Major

• Players
  • 32287 battles
  • [JOCO]
Random is as random does.

There is literally an Xbox 360 in a museum, and this is the best joke you can come up with?
                                                                                         -- allhavoc

Just An0maly #10 Posted 09 April 2019 - 12:21 PM

First lieutenant

• WoTC Online Contributor
  • 29721 battles
  • [IMTLZ]

I want to echo the comments of Red Five R5, ATWilliams, and Swindle --- and perhaps, in the mix of ways we say it, it might better resonate or make some sense to you (if it hasn't already).

First, your stats aren't that bad. In fact, given your relative newness to the game, I'd say they are above average. (I believe the average player has about a 48% win rate.) So, as far as that goes, good work.

Second, win rate is a pretty poor stat by which to gauge your own performance. Consider that it is the least likely stat you, or any individual player, can directly impact; instead, it is the end-product of multiple inputs, only some of which you can control or even influence.

Ultimately, I know it feels as if you have been playing this for quite some time, and after 5k battles you may feel like you've come to truly understand the game, but for most players it takes closer to 10k battles (or more) to really gain a thorough understanding of the basics.  Even then, the learning of subtleties continues. I, myself, am at 23k battles or so and am regularly learning new tips and tricks. 

So, what might you do to increase your performance - I mean, at the end of the day I assume this is your goal?

I'd suggest a couple of things:

1 - Set small, incremental goals for yourself which are measurable such as 'Get 1 more pen in the battle,' or 'Live 30 seconds longer.' Both of these may be done by ensuring map awareness, repositioning during battle, and elongating your time in the fight (even if it is a loss), and provide you with a means of defining whether or not you managed to do it. Once you've done this to the point of being consistent at it, increase that marginal goal another tick. Bottomline, small, marginal goals take your focus away from end-state numbers and may help keep you focused on how your actions in the moment can increase your combat effectiveness.

2 - Take advantage of the many YouTube and Twitch resources out there. Too many players, it seems, are self-taught and unnecessarily so. Not only does this lead to an echo chamber thought process, where you are only as good as your teacher, obviates a number of resources you might quite enjoy and that can really help you. Take Swindle, above. He has a YouTube channel that showcases highlight gameplay of his, and he often does a great job of explaining his thought process, map tactics, and key features of the tank he is in (i.e. best-use tactics in that vehicle). To boot, Swindle does live streaming on Twitch if you want a more interactive platform on which you can talk to him and ask questions. If you are keen on light tanks, watch The Turkey Tank's stream or YouTube channel. Aisle4Cleanup and GoliathGames -- both WOTC CC's -- have Twitch Streams that are both informative and fun.

I could go on and on, but you get my point -- getting better at the game, no matter how many battles you may have under your belt, may require you to take in new perspectives and information and there are a multitude of them out there, some of which I think you'll really enjoy. (Feel free to message me directly for other streamers you might like.)

Hope this helps.

R35T NO MORE #11 Posted 09 April 2019 - 12:31 PM

Major

• Beta Tester
  • 15891 battles
  • [BNKR-]

Edited out the incorrect part of my post.

In general I suggest you look up how armour penetration mechanics and RNG work. 

My WoT tank reviews

If you enjoy them please do share/sub. Thanks. 

JacKTh4RiPPa #12 Posted 09 April 2019 - 01:50 PM

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 13207 battles
  • [IMTLZ]

View PostMEGAblaster96, on 09 April 2019 - 06:17 AM, said:

Playing though an endless series of losses today, I've had it. The last five in a row were absolutely ridiculous crushing defeats where my team could barely score 1-2 kills (attached image is and example of one). After reading jspringer1126's post, I realize that I'm not alone. Something is completely f***** with the MM system & RNG in this game. Most likely it's rigged.

I have a winrate about 50% and k/d ratio above 1. I don't think its a mere coincidence at all when I get rows of these games where I can hardly damage, let alone kill anything. The most plain to see example of this was me shooting up into an unangled E100's lfp, with my OBJ 257, to which I failed to penetrate. That's virtually a 100% pen chance. In other games I've been penetrated straight though the gun's mantlet, when facing directly at opponents, which amounts to over 300mm armor at it's angle. In other games my team was laid siege by half a dozen invisible enemies all over the place killing us in succession, meanwhile we couldn't see a single one.

All of these things point to stats being fudged around by the game system to kill entire teams. Why? I can only guess to enforce 50/50 win/loss rates among games. These obscenely crushing games exist to push down players that were doing too well. This has been sucking all the fun out of the game recently, and was part of the reason I quit before. Being completely slaughtered over and over and over and over and over should not happen in a game that is random and fair.

BTW, in the linked screenshot, there was only one kill on the enemy team, not two. The Strv killed itself. Meaning the enemy skill was able to annihilate us with one less top tier off the bat. Take from that what you will.

So there is really no excuse for doing 0 damage in what, top tier, is one of the most op tanks in the game (and your game only had a few tier 10's). You can blame teams all you like but unless you were 1 hit by arty or 1 hit ammo racked then it was your fault, and even both of those you can try to avoid it (good luck actually being useful while avoiding arty in a heavy though). I tend to find the biggest "fault" in players is personal responsibility. OBVIOUSLY teams could always be better, but don't imagine that everyone on the other team is suddenly a great player but you got nothing but the worst of the worst. Occasionally you will see the deck stacked by mm putting 2 super uni platoons on 1 team and a red platoon on other (be grateful it isn't the old 7 man platoon days where you could legit get a full team of super uni's on one side.. think back then is still my longest win streak and it only ended because we got bored of winning so easily and tried to win without using guns) but generally the split will be something like 10 per side are "average", and the other 5 are gonna be some combo of below or above average (this is purely based on opinion and what I've seen, no stats to back that up apart from very unrealistic tests done myself).

In the game you posted a cent 7/1 did over 5k, that's a great game for him, the conq did just shy of 3k and a number did 2k or so. So the difference for that game was that about 1/3 of the team did "okay" or better. On your team i would say not 1 did enough for the tanks they were in, So yes you'd have probably lost if you had still done well, but you never know. But in a lot of games, it only takes 1 person doing above average and suddenly you win. And then you win again, then you keep winning and see your win rate go up. All in all, you can't do much to improve the rest of the team, so the only factor you can reliably help improve is yourself. I personally always try to think about what I did that I could have done better.. doesn't matter if I'm the only 1 who did any damage in the whole game, knowing what they did wrong won't help me next time. It won't make me more likely to do better next game. So rather than say "it's wg's fault" or "my teammates are all rubbish" say "hmm, how could I have done more" or "What could I do differently". The 10k games number you see people telling you is because it tends to take that many games of trial and error before people start getting to the "oh so if I do X when presented with Y, I tend to win"

View PostRed Five R5, on 09 April 2019 - 07:03 AM, said:

ello there!

would just like to say you have a 50% win rate because you are still new to the game (sorta/kinda). For most players it will finally all click around 10k battles (sometimes earlier) and your stats should start improving including your win rate.

But for now you are where you're supposed to be which is average, some you win, just as many you lose hence 50%.

There's a big difference between players with better win rates and more battles and someone at 5k battles. They are no longer grinding rubbish tanks with stock guns or trying to figure out a brand new tank in general. 

They are playing their favourite tanks every night because they know how to play these tanks. There's also a reason why their fav tank is a 430U or an E4 or a Super Conq. It's because these tanks combined with experience equals better win rate, better stats etc

These types of players CARRY, these players with these types of tanks CARRY even more. These players with these tanks in a platoon CARRY even even more.

The game is a journey and you still have a while to go before you can say "I'm gonna carry the crap out of this battle!" and actually do it.

Nothing wrong with complaining, just hope you're not still singing the same tune after 20k battles, because there's nothing worse than a seasoned player that hasn't learnt anything.

Agree with cosmic, and what he is saying at the end is why i say there is a different between "noob" and "newb"... Nothing wrong with being a newbie, we've all been there. Literally impossible to not be one about something at some point. But to have the ignorance of a new player after a long enough time is when i think people start becoming a "noob", a newbie style with the experience to know better.

View Postswindle 321, on 09 April 2019 - 09:17 AM, said:

Your overall win rate is actually not bad for someone with the amount of battles and experience you have, anything over 50% is actually considered to be pretty good. As you improve and start to have a bigger impact in each battle your win rate will start to climb. It's easy to look at people with a higher win rate than yours and think that it's just down to luck but it's really not, as you improve you'll have a bigger impact in each game and you will get more wins. That's not to say you can't have a bad run of luck, I still have bad runs where I can't seem to buy a win and I'm 34k+ battles in but it does go the other way at times too, you just have to ride that out until your luck turns around.

If I could give you 1 tip for the stage you're at it would be to try not to worry about your overall stats, you'll be surprised how quick they improve when you start to get a better grasp of the game :)

Swindle is a great person to learn from, he one day realised that if you load swindle rounds you win more :trollface:  Joking aside, Swindle has 30k battles and i'm sure i will know a spot he doesn't and he'll steal it to use himself. And i am 100% positive swindle will know a spot i don't and i'll be having that for my own lol. You can never stop learning at this game unless you make that choice.

View Postdave mg 04, on 09 April 2019 - 09:22 AM, said:

WHAT ????????

Totally know what you mean... see it all the time. I actually have some proof about wg's tinkering in everyones play, and awesomely at the end they actually give some advice on how to get around it and maybe ever stop it happening. Some great advice really.

Spoiler

View PostJust An0maly, on 09 April 2019 - 12:21 PM, said:

I want to echo the comments of Red Five R5, ATWilliams, and Swindle --- and perhaps, in the mix of ways we say it, it might better resonate or make some sense to you (if it hasn't already).

First, your stats aren't that bad. In fact, given your relative newness to the game, I'd say they are above average. (I believe the average player has about a 48% win rate.) So, as far as that goes, good work.

Second, win rate is a pretty poor stat by which to gauge your own performance. Consider that it is the least likely stat you, or any individual player, can directly impact; instead, it is the end-product of multiple inputs, only some of which you can control or even influence.

Ultimately, I know it feels as if you have been playing this for quite some time, and after 5k battles you may feel like you've come to truly understand the game, but for most players it takes closer to 10k battles (or more) to really gain a thorough understanding of the basics.  Even then, the learning of subtleties continues. I, myself, am at 23k battles or so and am regularly learning new tips and tricks. 

So, what might you do to increase your performance - I mean, at the end of the day I assume this is your goal?

I'd suggest a couple of things:

1 - Set small, incremental goals for yourself which are measurable such as 'Get 1 more pen in the battle,' or 'Live 30 seconds longer.' Both of these may be done by ensuring map awareness, repositioning during battle, and elongating your time in the fight (even if it is a loss), and provide you with a means of defining whether or not you managed to do it. Once you've done this to the point of being consistent at it, increase that marginal goal another tick. Bottomline, small, marginal goals take your focus away from end-state numbers and may help keep you focused on how your actions in the moment can increase your combat effectiveness.

2 - Take advantage of the many YouTube and Twitch resources out there. Too many players, it seems, are self-taught and unnecessarily so. Not only does this lead to an echo chamber thought process, where you are only as good as your teacher, obviates a number of resources you might quite enjoy and that can really help you. Take Swindle, above. He has a YouTube channel that showcases highlight gameplay of his, and he often does a great job of explaining his thought process, map tactics, and key features of the tank he is in (i.e. best-use tactics in that vehicle). To boot, Swindle does live streaming on Twitch if you want a more interactive platform on which you can talk to him and ask questions. If you are keen on light tanks, watch The Turkey Tank's stream or YouTube channel. Aisle4Cleanup and GoliathGames -- both WOTC CC's -- have Twitch Streams that are both informative and fun.

I could go on and on, but you get my point -- getting better at the game, no matter how many battles you may have under your belt, may require you to take in new perspectives and information and there are a multitude of them out there, some of which I think you'll really enjoy. (Feel free to message me directly for other streamers you might like.)

Hope this helps.

This^ I couldn't agree more with the small steps improvements. I also still have to recommend the beard guys tips for new tankers and things you may not know vids for WoT. I'm shocked how often the basic stuff isn't known and to be fair it isn't put in front of you most times. So things like that are a great tool for finding info. 

View PostR35T NO MORE, on 09 April 2019 - 12:31 PM, said:

"in other games I've penned the gun mantlet".  Of an E-100, with a 257. Utter horse poop. In general I suggest you look up how armour penetration mechanics and RNG work. 

I mean.. with RNG 257 gun has as high as 310 pen with ap and as low as 186 because rng of 25% is a great system on a pen mechanic.. So if he hit bar or turret ring or just the turret flat from a slight down angle then yeah it's an easy pen chance really..  But i'd defo agree that there is a lack of understanding of the pen mechanics by OP.

R35T NO MORE #13 Posted 09 April 2019 - 02:21 PM

Major

• Beta Tester
  • 15891 battles
  • [BNKR-]

View PostJacKTh4RiPPa, on 09 April 2019 - 01:50 PM, said:

So there is really no excuse for doing 0 damage in what, top tier, is one of the most op tanks in the game (and your game only had a few tier 10's). You can blame teams all you like but unless you were 1 hit by arty or 1 hit ammo racked then it was your fault, and even both of those you can try to avoid it (good luck actually being useful while avoiding arty in a heavy though). I tend to find the biggest "fault" in players is personal responsibility. OBVIOUSLY teams could always be better, but don't imagine that everyone on the other team is suddenly a great player but you got nothing but the worst of the worst. Occasionally you will see the deck stacked by mm putting 2 super uni platoons on 1 team and a red platoon on other (be grateful it isn't the old 7 man platoon days where you could legit get a full team of super uni's on one side.. think back then is still my longest win streak and it only ended because we got bored of winning so easily and tried to win without using guns) but generally the split will be something like 10 per side are "average", and the other 5 are gonna be some combo of below or above average (this is purely based on opinion and what I've seen, no stats to back that up apart from very unrealistic tests done myself).

In the game you posted a cent 7/1 did over 5k, that's a great game for him, the conq did just shy of 3k and a number did 2k or so. So the difference for that game was that about 1/3 of the team did "okay" or better. On your team i would say not 1 did enough for the tanks they were in, So yes you'd have probably lost if you had still done well, but you never know. But in a lot of games, it only takes 1 person doing above average and suddenly you win. And then you win again, then you keep winning and see your win rate go up. All in all, you can't do much to improve the rest of the team, so the only factor you can reliably help improve is yourself. I personally always try to think about what I did that I could have done better.. doesn't matter if I'm the only 1 who did any damage in the whole game, knowing what they did wrong won't help me next time. It won't make me more likely to do better next game. So rather than say "it's wg's fault" or "my teammates are all rubbish" say "hmm, how could I have done more" or "What could I do differently". The 10k games number you see people telling you is because it tends to take that many games of trial and error before people start getting to the "oh so if I do X when presented with Y, I tend to win"

Agree with cosmic, and what he is saying at the end is why i say there is a different between "noob" and "newb"... Nothing wrong with being a newbie, we've all been there. Literally impossible to not be one about something at some point. But to have the ignorance of a new player after a long enough time is when i think people start becoming a "noob", a newbie style with the experience to know better.

Swindle is a great person to learn from, he one day realised that if you load swindle rounds you win more :trollface:  Joking aside, Swindle has 30k battles and i'm sure i will know a spot he doesn't and he'll steal it to use himself. And i am 100% positive swindle will know a spot i don't and i'll be having that for my own lol. You can never stop learning at this game unless you make that choice.

Totally know what you mean... see it all the time. I actually have some proof about wg's tinkering in everyones play, and awesomely at the end they actually give some advice on how to get around it and maybe ever stop it happening. Some great advice really.

Spoiler

This^ I couldn't agree more with the small steps improvements. I also still have to recommend the beard guys tips for new tankers and things you may not know vids for WoT. I'm shocked how often the basic stuff isn't known and to be fair it isn't put in front of you most times. So things like that are a great tool for finding info. 

I mean.. with RNG 257 gun has as high as 310 pen with ap and as low as 186 because rng of 25% is a great system on a pen mechanic.. So if he hit bar or turret ring or just the turret flat from a slight down angle then yeah it's an easy pen chance really..  But i'd defo agree that there is a lack of understanding of the pen mechanics by OP.

Not the mantlet though. I misread however, he said people have penned his 257s mantlet. I haven't slept in a few days. 

My WoT tank reviews

If you enjoy them please do share/sub. Thanks. 

choppermeir #14 Posted 09 April 2019 - 05:50 PM

Captain

• Players
  • 9473 battles
  • [FILTH]

Some really good advice in here from some very knowledgeable folks. When I started playing this game 3 years a go I died every round, played terribly and just didn't have a clue what was going on and wondered why people play this game. Then I used YouTube, there are a lot of good videos out there that can help you and I echo Jack's mention of the beard guys basic tips, these videos are fantastic.

Of course I'm not telling you how to suck eggs but you'll be amazed by the little things you can learn just by watching a match by a different player, I personally steam on twitch and there are quite a lot more streamers on twitch these days that are also willing to answer questions and just chat about the game, it really isn't rigged but these bad streaks do happen unfortunately and when they do the best thing to do Is just turn it off and do something else otherwise you get stuck in a circle of trying to chase "that good game", making more and more bad mistakes and getting more annoyed. Keep at it, it will click and you will start to notice little things you've done differently and succeeded from doing so. Don't worry about your win rate it will only make you more annoyed in fact don't worry about stats in general, they won't get you laid and they won't make you rich so why unless you're using them to see what worked and what didn't so you can improve don't bother with them.

Streaming over on http://www.twitch.tv/choppermeir 

HomicidalApple0 #15 Posted 09 April 2019 - 06:01 PM

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 2919 battles
I didn’t really get these posts up until the last two days, I’ve never had so many bad losses and watching the rest of your team just play with no brain what so ever just mind blown. Before people say it, yes I’m new I get that, but I’m not oblivious to resources and have taken a lot from here and YouTube to help me understand angling armor and things like that. It’s just crazy all the people that will run around a nap in the open showing their flat broad side to thecenemies and stop there like trading at that time will do anything positive.

I guess I’d just really expect people with 5x+ the games of me to have some map awareness and common sense on how to beneficially attack the reds.

MEGAblaster96 #16 Posted 10 April 2019 - 09:50 AM

Corporal

• Players
  • 5334 battles

View PostRed Five R5, on 09 April 2019 - 01:03 AM, said:

ello there!

No. I'm not new to the game. I've been playing it now for over two years, not counting playing it on PC before. I play the tanks I want to all the time, have them figured out perfectly, and have earned masteries on many of them. I've carried dozens of games before. Even in the likes of an E 25.

Don't patronize me.

Edited by MEGAblaster96, 10 April 2019 - 09:51 AM.

MEGAblaster96 #17 Posted 10 April 2019 - 10:04 AM

Corporal

• Players
  • 5334 battles

View PostJacKTh4RiPPa, on 09 April 2019 - 07:50 AM, said:

Spoiler

No, I wasn't top tier. Top tier tanks are what rushed and killed me. Not being able to do any damage was literally the entire point of this post. I shot the conqueror twice in it's lfp, both of which ricocheted, and failed to pen the T110e5 three times by hitting it's turret dead on with prem rounds, which have enough pen to get through. Half of my team got either 1 or 0 shots.

Red Five R5 #18 Posted 10 April 2019 - 12:04 PM

Major

• Players
  • 36840 battles
  • [D-12]

View PostMEGAblaster96, on 10 April 2019 - 09:50 AM, said:

No. I'm not new to the game. I've been playing it now for over two years, not counting playing it on PC before. I play the tanks I want to all the time, have them figured out perfectly, and have earned masteries on many of them. I've carried dozens of games before. Even in the likes of an E 25.

Don't patronize me.

View PostMEGAblaster96, on 10 April 2019 - 10:04 AM, said:

No, I wasn't top tier. Top tier tanks are what rushed and killed me. Not being able to do any damage was literally the entire point of this post. I shot the conqueror twice in it's lfp, both of which ricocheted, and failed to pen the T110e5 three times by hitting it's turret dead on with prem rounds, which have enough pen to get through. Half of my team got either 1 or 0 shots.

this post was tweeted out by myself to other utubers/streamers/gg players in order for them to lend some advice to a very popular type of post on the forums.

A lot of them responded with some seriously fantastic advice and well constructed replies.

Plenty of seasoned players don't visit the forums because they just can't be bothered with the tin foil hat conspiracies about win rates and the simple fact that some players will just forever be bad and don't seem to want to recognise this or do anything about it.

gg to you sir

ps I'm confused. what do you mean by 'even in an E25'? is it supposed to be hard to carry in an E25?

the jackass formerly known as someone else

"if you're gonna be cocky with me in my posts and you're still living with your parents, please get lost"

Just An0maly #19 Posted 10 April 2019 - 08:33 PM

First lieutenant

• WoTC Online Contributor
  • 29721 battles
  • [IMTLZ]

View PostMEGAblaster96, on 10 April 2019 - 03:50 AM, said:

Don't patronize me.

To future generations ... This is why so few experienced players bother to respond on the forum. Also, this salty, ego-up approach will be why WOTC finally closes these forums down.

IBROX 04 #20 Posted 10 April 2019 - 08:37 PM

Major

• Players
  • 20327 battles
  • [BNKR]
WoT is broken? Jeezus.. It was dying last week make your mind up eh. 

Also tagged with rng, loss, broken, gameplay, op

5 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 5 guests, 0 anonymous users