Jump to content


The Rediculous Broken State of WoT

rng loss broken gameplay op

  • Please log in to reply
55 replies to this topic

natedaishmaster #21 Posted 10 April 2019 - 10:50 PM

    Staff sergeant

  • Players
  • 26392 battles
  • 302
  • [-AXS-]
  • Member since:
    07-29-2014
In all of my experience in this game I can honestly say that the game is in no way shape or form rigged. It would be incredibly difficult to modulate RNG based on win rate and if they could do that, how do players like me end up with win rates far higher than 50%? Everything that I've seen has been explainable. Everybody with their tinfoil hats don't see the lucky bounces or crazy shots that they pen. Negative bias makes humans see negative events as twice as bad as the equivalant positive event. It's easy to notice the streak of bad games but it's difficult to notice the good nights. I run solo or 2 man platoons 99% of the time. I have bad games all the time where I get yoloed or my team is garbage but that is the exception, even though it can sometimes feel like the regular.

3 MOE: Hellcat, Lycan, Sp1C, T20, M41 Bulldog, Motherland, STA 1, T95E2, Pershing, AMX 50 100, AMX 13 90, T54ltwt, T49, RU251, M46 Patton, Type 61, Leopard PTA, T54, E50, Batchat AP, Skoda T50, Centurion 7/1, Sharpshooter, T10, Conquerer, AMX 13 105, Sheridan, T-100LT, RHM PZW, M48 Patton, Leopard 1, E50M, Obj 140, Batchat 25t, TVP 50/51, IS7, AMX 50B, Super Conqueror, The Machine, Chieftain, T110E4


VORTEXLIFT #22 Posted 11 April 2019 - 04:31 AM

    Corporal

  • Players
  • 15361 battles
  • 74
  • Member since:
    03-20-2014

I played a match the other day where I was face hugging the side of a tracked t44 medium tank. I had a damaged gun + a dead gunner so accuracy was f*****. But I was literally right on him  with not even an inch between us, so it shouldn't have mattered. In sniper view his side filled the entire screen there is NO WAY I could miss at this range. He was a one shot kill for my big 122mm gun.

 

First shot...............misses!!!! I couldn't believe it. Missed him completely, no bounce, not eaten by tracks an actual missed at face hugging range on the side with his entire tank filling the screen of my sniper view!! Thinking it was maybe a connection issue with lag, I waited for the long reload and fired immediately and it missed again!!!! I WAS LIVID SCREAMING AT 3 AM in the morning risking waking up my neighbors.  He fixed his track and began to drive away as soon as my gun was ready to fire again, I get blown up by arty. Seriously it's the closest I've ever come to kicking my screen in!!! A few days later I wished I had saved the clip and posted on the forum but I was so Irate I shut the system immediately and forgot which battle it was as I played so many battle since. 

 

It's like because I had a damaged gun + a dead gunner the number generator decided that accuracy was gone and that I NEEDED to miss my next few shot's irrespective how close I was to the target. There is no other way I could miss this tank, literally once out of the barrel it should have been penetrating his side. (To be fair this is the first time this has happened to me in YEARS of playing this game, so take it for what it is)

 

I'm certainly not going to say it's rigged, but I do believed it's a bit bugged, RNG is too aggressive and will intervene at times in which it makes no sense, ruining your game..


i KEMPT BUESH


MEGAblaster96 #23 Posted 11 April 2019 - 09:25 AM

    Corporal

  • Players
  • 5334 battles
  • 37
  • Member since:
    02-26-2017

View PostJust An0maly, on 10 April 2019 - 02:33 PM, said:

 

To future generations ... This is why so few experienced players bother to respond on the forum. Also, this salty, ego-up approach will be why WOTC finally closes these forums down.

 

 

I see. It's fine to call other players retarded noobs that don't know how to do x y or z, insult, and make baseless claims about them, but disagreeing is being "a salty, ego-up" person.
 

View PostRed Five R5, on 10 April 2019 - 06:04 AM, said:

 

 

this post was tweeted out by myself to other utubers/streamers/gg players in order for them to lend some advice to a very popular type of post on the forums.

A lot of them responded with some seriously fantastic advice and well constructed replies.

Plenty of seasoned players don't visit the forums because they just can't be bothered with the tin foil hat conspiracies about win rates and the simple fact that some players will just forever be bad and don't seem to want to recognise this or do anything about it.

 

gg to you sir

 

ps I'm confused. what do you mean by 'even in an E25'? is it supposed to be hard to carry in an E25?

 

Yes. Entire teams just suddenly become bad for no reason. No problems here. Everyone is just a bad player. Move along, nothing to see here.

Also thanks for patting yourself on the back. I didn't ask for advice. I made a post about issues with RNG/MM, of which other's have expressed similar issues. But whatever, keep talking down to other players and treating them like morons because their arbitrary game count isn't high enough for your standards.

MEGAblaster96 #24 Posted 11 April 2019 - 09:37 AM

    Corporal

  • Players
  • 5334 battles
  • 37
  • Member since:
    02-26-2017

View PostVORTEXLIFT, on 10 April 2019 - 10:31 PM, said:

I played a match the other day where I was face hugging the side of a tracked t44 medium tank. I had a damaged gun + a dead gunner so accuracy was f*****. But I was literally right on him  with not even an inch between us, so it shouldn't have mattered. In sniper view his side filled the entire screen there is NO WAY I could miss at this range. He was a one shot kill for my big 122mm gun.

 

First shot...............misses!!!! I couldn't believe it. Missed him completely, no bounce, not eaten by tracks an actual missed at face hugging range on the side with his entire tank filling the screen of my sniper view!! Thinking it was maybe a connection issue with lag, I waited for the long reload and fired immediately and it missed again!!!! I WAS LIVID SCREAMING AT 3 AM in the morning risking waking up my neighbors.  He fixed his track and began to drive away as soon as my gun was ready to fire again, I get blown up by arty. Seriously it's the closest I've ever come to kicking my screen in!!! A few days later I wished I had saved the clip and posted on the forum but I was so Irate I shut the system immediately and forgot which battle it was as I played so many battle since. 

 

It's like because I had a damaged gun + a dead gunner the number generator decided that accuracy was gone and that I NEEDED to miss my next few shot's irrespective how close I was to the target. There is no other way I could miss this tank, literally once out of the barrel it should have been penetrating his side. (To be fair this is the first time this has happened to me in YEARS of playing this game, so take it for what it is)

 

I'm certainly not going to say it's rigged, but I do believed it's a bit bugged, RNG is too aggressive and will intervene at times in which it makes no sense, ruining your game..

 

Yeah, ive had misses before that are like that. Can't count the times ive had a tank filling 90% of my reticle and the round magnetically flies directly into the ground in front of me. In fact, I've had rounds go through tanks before (With no damage). I had a round go through a Waffenträger's turret, and another though an IS's cupola before. I've saved videos of them too. Even slowed them down in the replay to show them going right through. Lost those games of course. That's another issue that I didn't think of to put in the post, but I have noticed it. In many of these crushing games my accuracy is horrendous. Perfectly aimed, stationary shots will fly off to the furthest edge of the reticle over and over. Whereas in games where my team dominates I've thrown hull lock, unaimed shots on the move from far away and they pen.

mjc40 #25 Posted 11 April 2019 - 10:00 AM

    Sergeant

  • Supertest - PS4
  • 28225 battles
  • 108
  • [ODH]
  • Member since:
    04-23-2016

View PostMEGAblaster96, on 11 April 2019 - 09:25 AM, said:

 

I see. It's fine to call other players retarded noobs that don't know how to do x y or z, insult, and make baseless claims about them, but disagreeing is being "a salty, ego-up" person.
 

 

Yes. Entire teams just suddenly become bad for no reason. No problems here. Everyone is just a bad player. Move along, nothing to see here.

Also thanks for patting yourself on the back. I didn't ask for advice. I made a post about issues with RNG/MM, of which other's have expressed similar issues. But whatever, keep talking down to other players and treating them like morons because their arbitrary game count isn't high enough for your standards.

 

View PostMEGAblaster96, on 11 April 2019 - 09:37 AM, said:

 

Yeah, ive had misses before that are like that. Can't count the times ive had a tank filling 90% of my reticle and the round magnetically flies directly into the ground in front of me. In fact, I've had rounds go through tanks before (With no damage). I had a round go through a Waffenträger's turret, and another though an IS's cupola before. I've saved videos of them too. Even slowed them down in the replay to show them going right through. Lost those games of course. That's another issue that I didn't think of to put in the post, but I have noticed it. In many of these crushing games my accuracy is horrendous. Perfectly aimed, stationary shots will fly off to the furthest edge of the reticle over and over. Whereas in games where my team dominates I've thrown hull lock, unaimed shots on the move from far away and they pen.

 

I'm still unclear about what exactly you think is broken?  How is the RNG broken exactly?

As I am sure you know, RNG is a mathematical formula that changes every time for accuracy and penetration and damage, among other things. How exactly is it broken? 

I am not trolling you, I just want to be clear what do you specifically think is broken? Or if it is rigged, how exactly? And how do you explain some players consistently have "good" RNG and others have "bad" RNG? 

 

 

 

 


 

 

 

 


Warthog II #26 Posted 11 April 2019 - 10:12 AM

    Captain

  • Players
  • 43279 battles
  • 1,597
  • [KMD]
  • Member since:
    05-11-2014

View PostMEGAblaster96, on 11 April 2019 - 09:37 AM, said:

 

 I had a round go through a Waffenträger's turret, and another though an IS's cupola before.

Packet loss/lag is probably why.

 

https://i.imgur.com/IDFl0as.gifv

https://imgur.com/FCF9fau

https://imgur.com/ozrobbk

https://i.imgur.com/zakaARy.mp4

https://i.imgur.com/zVXNw06.mp4

https://i.imgur.com/zziKygy.mp4

 


  

Some people claim Ensk should be tier restricted.   I don't believe their lies. 

Imagine if this forum had only players who actually win more than lose trying to tell others how to play. Would be the best forum ever. Instead, we have a bunch of bad advice from players who lose more often than not trying to tell their betters how to play their tanks.

 


choppermeir #27 Posted 11 April 2019 - 05:39 PM

    Captain

  • Players
  • 9532 battles
  • 1,256
  • [FILTH]
  • Member since:
    01-30-2016
Seeing threads go like this is just why so many don't bother anymore.
Streaming over on http://www.twitch.tv/choppermeir 

Red Five R5 #28 Posted 11 April 2019 - 06:04 PM

    Major

  • Players
  • 36890 battles
  • 2,890
  • [D-12]
  • Member since:
    02-12-2014
^

 

the jackass formerly known as someone else

"if you're gonna be cocky with me in my posts and you're still living with your parents, please get lost"


Majic Eyez #29 Posted 11 April 2019 - 09:25 PM

    Corporal

  • Players
  • 23961 battles
  • 95
  • [W0TAN]
  • Member since:
    02-12-2014
Totally agree 9,games in a row 10/12 reds against me and my 3 man platoon. We r the only ones with hit points. Usually at least 4/5 end up with no points at all even in tier ten it's got to be rigged for better players so noobs keep playing and skilled players r getting ripped off

x0TheMechanic0x #30 Posted 11 April 2019 - 10:16 PM

    Corporal

  • Players
  • 23234 battles
  • 21
  • [KOALA]
  • Member since:
    02-17-2014
I think that some ppl on here really need therapy if you rage that much at a free to play game. It's a bunch of pixels with some good math behind it to make ya picture. Learn the game and accept fault where its due. Dont blame the 14 other ppl for your mistakes it's just a game.

LongingWinter88 #31 Posted 11 April 2019 - 10:33 PM

    Sergeant

  • Players
  • 47687 battles
  • 119
  • [EGG]
  • Member since:
    02-20-2014

lol last night i had to give up played well in most games but only won 3 game out of about 16

played rubbish tonight and won about 12 games only lost 3



R35T NO MORE #32 Posted 11 April 2019 - 11:34 PM

    Major

  • Beta Tester
  • 15913 battles
  • 22,936
  • [BNKR-]
  • Member since:
    08-23-2013

View Postchoppermeir, on 11 April 2019 - 05:39 PM, said:

Seeing threads go like this is just why so many don't bother anymore.

Could be worse. I went to the wot FB group earlier. All i can say is, wow. 


My WoT tank reviews

If you enjoy them please do share/sub. Thanks. 


swindle 321 #33 Posted 12 April 2019 - 06:10 AM

    Major

  • Beta Tester
  • 38075 battles
  • 4,758
  • [IMTLZ]
  • Member since:
    11-08-2013
Well, my win rate's at 73% for the week and 68% for the month so if you guys could keep all the bad luck and bad teams that'd be great  :great:

 

YouTube

     KD9WjLi.jpg


SandM9 #34 Posted 12 April 2019 - 03:58 PM

    Major

  • Beta Tester
  • 32835 battles
  • 3,266
  • Member since:
    08-03-2013

Turns to smoke

https://xboxclips.com/SandM9/252c9195-e61d-498a-ab24-bc86f376eae3

Long video but has the ghost at end

https://xboxclips.com/SandM9/da6b22e8-e853-4763-8f7b-c6155b841ce9

Screenshot of ghost from above video. I am on other side of the tank. this is the shot leaving toward the camera

https://xboxclips.com/SandM9/screenshots/d65d411f-8399-4e24-8a1c-5e6ec8c30c76

another ghost

https://xboxclips.com/SandM9/screenshots/cb08793a-bb95-4a2c-8c4b-98ad6efc4932

Here's one of a shot hitting my burning corpse at an angle to the barrel of enemy

https://xboxclips.com/SandM9/screenshots/863b94a5-76c9-4866-bf39-0ed89fff886e

Another ghost, I am directly on the other side this is the shot leaving the other side toward camera, think I have video of this as well

https://xboxclips.com/SandM9/screenshots/467c3822-d5a8-4932-8a63-b7899636d853

 

All these matches were running smoothly when these things happened.

And I even have some new clips of taking critical hits to modules that aren't located where the shot landed. 

More and more it's hard to take any of the their pseudo simulation mechanics seriously. Especially accuracy. 

 

Ends up, I'm told, that it's a failure of "graphic rendering". I guess that's better than my ISP


Edited by SandM9, 12 April 2019 - 07:34 PM.

Welcome to the forums. Where you can call people stupid, just don't call them passive-aggressive.

 

 


SandM9 #35 Posted 12 April 2019 - 04:14 PM

    Major

  • Beta Tester
  • 32835 battles
  • 3,266
  • Member since:
    08-03-2013

View PostVORTEXLIFT, on 10 April 2019 - 09:31 PM, said:

I played a match the other day where I was face hugging the side of a tracked t44 medium tank. I had a damaged gun + a dead gunner so accuracy was f*****. But I was literally right on him  with not even an inch between us, so it shouldn't have mattered. In sniper view his side filled the entire screen there is NO WAY I could miss at this range. He was a one shot kill for my big 122mm gun.

 

First shot...............misses!!!! I couldn't believe it. Missed him completely, no bounce, not eaten by tracks an actual missed at face hugging range on the side with his entire tank filling the screen of my sniper view!! Thinking it was maybe a connection issue with lag, I waited for the long reload and fired immediately and it missed again!!!! I WAS LIVID SCREAMING AT 3 AM in the morning risking waking up my neighbors.  He fixed his track and began to drive away as soon as my gun was ready to fire again, I get blown up by arty. Seriously it's the closest I've ever come to kicking my screen in!!! A few days later I wished I had saved the clip and posted on the forum but I was so Irate I shut the system immediately and forgot which battle it was as I played so many battle since. 

 

It's like because I had a damaged gun + a dead gunner the number generator decided that accuracy was gone and that I NEEDED to miss my next few shot's irrespective how close I was to the target. There is no other way I could miss this tank, literally once out of the barrel it should have been penetrating his side. (To be fair this is the first time this has happened to me in YEARS of playing this game, so take it for what it is)

 

I'm certainly not going to say it's rigged, but I do believed it's a bit bugged, RNG is too aggressive and will intervene at times in which it makes no sense, ruining your game..

 

The thing that gets me about the accuracy/dispersion and penetration in this game is that while we are penalized for shooting at a distance we are not rewarded for closing said distance. Meaning that while we lose accuracy and penetration at a distance we do not seem to gain any at close range. RNG doesn't seem to be tied to any kind of distance either. No shot appears to be treated as closer then about 100 m and reticle bloom is more important than where the barrel is actually pointed.

Edited by SandM9, 12 April 2019 - 04:15 PM.

Welcome to the forums. Where you can call people stupid, just don't call them passive-aggressive.

 

 


Pillz16 #36 Posted 13 April 2019 - 12:50 AM

    Corporal

  • Players
  • 17875 battles
  • 51
  • [IFST]
  • Member since:
    03-22-2015

(Reading this post listening to https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HgzGwKwLmgM to keep me immune) 

 

I haven't seen such a positive response from so many great players in a long time. Respect fellas!

The above legends have nailed every point! 

 

MEGAblaster96, chill my dude, take these things in your stride and accept that it will happen.

 

If you post a topic and people are giving you some advise try to see that they are not attacking you and assess weather it applies to you.

 

Stop watching your stats! That is a dark road to walk down.

If you feel the game is souring then jump off and take a break. Play an offline game where you can hose the enemy, it helps.

 

Try to platooning up with some friends and kick it with them and just enjoy your time, because that is the better experience.

 

Anyway, good luck in your games and may RNGesus smile upon you! 

 



MEGAblaster96 #37 Posted 15 April 2019 - 01:30 AM

    Corporal

  • Players
  • 5334 battles
  • 37
  • Member since:
    02-26-2017

View PostPillz16, on 12 April 2019 - 06:50 PM, said:

(Reading this post listening to https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HgzGwKwLmgM to keep me immune) 

 

I haven't seen such a positive response from so many great players in a long time. Respect fellas!

The above legends have nailed every point! 

 

MEGAblaster96, chill my dude, take these things in your stride and accept that it will happen.

 

If you post a topic and people are giving you some advise try to see that they are not attacking you and assess weather it applies to you.

 

Stop watching your stats! That is a dark road to walk down.

If you feel the game is souring then jump off and take a break. Play an offline game where you can hose the enemy, it helps.

 

Try to platooning up with some friends and kick it with them and just enjoy your time, because that is the better experience.

 

Anyway, good luck in your games and may RNGesus smile upon you! 

 

 

It's a entirely disrespectful attitude. Injecting and "giving advice" to people not asking for it is treating them as if they are noobs that are incompetent/don't know how to play the game/don't know how to use the tanks they're in. They might not intentionally doing it to be patronizing, but it's ultimately what it is. But no, I'm not going to "accept that it will happen", I want these issues addressed.

Also why would I stop watching stats? Majority of people do it. Nothing unusual about it.

qp Motorhead qp #38 Posted 15 April 2019 - 01:59 AM

    Staff sergeant

  • Players
  • 19894 battles
  • 394
  • Member since:
    09-22-2016
 Are you're expecting cohesive team play from this game?

qp Motorhead qp #39 Posted 15 April 2019 - 02:08 AM

    Staff sergeant

  • Players
  • 19894 battles
  • 394
  • Member since:
    09-22-2016
 Offer a free tank Op and watch the gameplay go to hell.

RobSha76 #40 Posted 20 April 2019 - 08:07 PM

    Staff sergeant

  • Players
  • 33336 battles
  • 335
  • Member since:
    02-20-2014

Ops tied to wins are getting on my nerve...

They know MM is crap and they still do this over and over.







Also tagged with rng, loss, broken, gameplay, op

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users