Tog2 Preferential MM Premium Tog

• Please log in to reply
27 replies to this topic

Twitchy Taillow #1 Posted 09 April 2019 - 11:42 PM

Corporal

• Players
  • 15279 battles
  • [UK]

Hi all, I know pepes might have of posed similar a question before but I'm just curious for my own ends. I know about the Tog, its strengths and weaknesses, etc. Question is do I drop 3500 on it or should i save up for something more useful?

I wouldn't spank 30 pounds/dollars on one tank, I'm reasonably frugal compared to some. I mostly just buy premium time or the odd crate here or there. I've got a large roster of lower premiums and a few higher, I do love playing pref mm tanks (who doesn't?).

Plus you don't really see them around anymore,  have players grown tired of them? Would love to see more Tog platoons, only ever witnessed them on occasion sadly. 

"It's Omaha Beach. Wounded Knee. Rorke's Drift, The Killing Fields, the first day on The Somme. World War Three in North Jersey. And only now, pouring automatic fire into a human wall — do I feel something like peace"

DwarfOnDrugs #2 Posted 10 April 2019 - 12:52 AM

Major

• Players
  • 31610 battles
  • [-UNL-]

You don’t play the Tog.

You buy it to say that you own it.

General Parrish #3 Posted 10 April 2019 - 12:56 AM

Captain

• Beta Tester
  • 65427 battles
  • [47R]
I say get if if you have a platoon willing to play them. I still get people to play them.

DrHorrible4Life #4 Posted 10 April 2019 - 12:57 AM

Major

• Beta Tester
  • 12499 battles

It's a god awful pile of bad parts.  It's the size of a museum, has armor that can be overmatched by a hard rain, and gets passed going uphill by glaciers.

FusionStar287 #5 Posted 10 April 2019 - 01:00 AM

Major

• WoTC Ambassador
  • 20400 battles
  • [JOCO]

View PostGeneral Parrish, on 09 April 2019 - 07:56 PM, said:

I say get if if you have a platoon willing to play them. I still get people to play them.

^This. Playing the TOG alone isn't advised (as a lonely TOG is a sad TOG), but TOG platoons with friends can be incredibly fun and easily make the tank worth owning (especially when you get five TOGs together, as then you have 7k combined health).

"My dear brothers, take note of this: Men should be quick to listen, slow to speak, and slow to become angry, for man's anger does not bring about the righteous life that God desires." ~ James 1: 19-20

"wefWEGFRF" - RaiBOT01, 2017

TocFanKe4 #6 Posted 10 April 2019 - 01:21 AM

Major

• Players
  • 21000 battles
  • [GIRLS]
You drive 12 kph. If you can't take that, don't buy it. Many folks regret buying it after playing several games at that speed.

I prefer to play my TOG solo.  I play it like a glass cannon TD.

The E25 was built for Shenanigans

M4ntiX #7 Posted 10 April 2019 - 03:24 AM

Major

• Players
  • 29435 battles
  • [JOCO]

View PostTwitchy Taillow, on 09 April 2019 - 11:42 PM, said:

(...) I know about the Tog, its strengths and weaknesses, etc.

I'm sorry sir, but clearly you do not know about the Tog.

Tog does not have any weaknesses.

Tog is magnificent, Tog is life.

Tog will carry you to glory (albeit slowly, or should I say: majestically).

If you truly knew about the Tog, you would not be asking the question.

You shall get the Tog and you shall worship the Tog.

Long live the Tog!

Spoiler

"I live in reality and let me tell you, there is no one here."

"For some reason you feel the need to troll stink bomb a statement of fact."

"4 kids single father 2 boats a plane 3cars and more battles than you."

"Jesus you smegheads are whiny about your Epeens."

T00_Late_Checkm8 #8 Posted 10 April 2019 - 03:35 AM

Major

• Players
  • 20373 battles
  • [CCNL]

just dont.

People who say its glorious etc are probably the same people who say that pineapple doesn't belong on pizza...

They say it because it's hip.

Don't listen to people who say hip things because you'll end up with a turd of a hip tank that's an xp piñata for about everything that you'll meet in it.

edit:

yeah... just take a look at the guy who posted before me.

Point proven.

Don't fall for it, it's garbage.

3 MOE: IS-6 - Aufkl Panther - Tiger 131 - Jackson - Pz.V/IV. 

HomicidalApple0 #9 Posted 10 April 2019 - 03:52 AM

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 2919 battles
You’re better off spending a few bucks more and take the personal offer this week for the banshee. You’ll be a much happier player

FusionStar287 #10 Posted 10 April 2019 - 04:04 AM

Major

• WoTC Ambassador
  • 20400 battles
  • [JOCO]

View PostF4ST-D3V1LS, on 09 April 2019 - 10:35 PM, said:

just dont.

People who say its glorious etc are probably the same people who say that pineapple doesn't belong on pizza...

Don't listen to people who say hip things because you'll end up with a turd of a hip tank that's an xp piñata for about everything that you'll meet in it.

edit:

Point proven.

Memes aside, the TOG is actually a great tank when platooned that can carry teams on its back (both metaphorically and literally). When you get five of them together especially you have a combined health pool of 7k, a combined base DPM of 9k (with good pen and gun handling), and preferential MM to boot. I've had a ton of games where my platoon have won games that we would have lost in any other tanks, including matches where we've been the last four tanks alive against 12 enemies and have come out on top without losing more than a single tank. Of course, on top of just being amazing at carrying games in platoons they're also a ton of fun to play at the same time and are great for a good laugh.

That all said, it really is a tank that needs to be platooned to be great. Like I said above it's not worth buying if you're just playing it alone or in smaller platoons, but if you can get three, four, or most preferably five of them together then it's definitely worth picking up.

"My dear brothers, take note of this: Men should be quick to listen, slow to speak, and slow to become angry, for man's anger does not bring about the righteous life that God desires." ~ James 1: 19-20

"wefWEGFRF" - RaiBOT01, 2017

TocFanKe4 #11 Posted 10 April 2019 - 04:25 AM

Major

• Players
  • 21000 battles
  • [GIRLS]

View PostF4ST-D3V1LS, on 09 April 2019 - 10:35 PM, said:

just dont.

edit:

Point proven.

Pineapple on pizza is an abomination

I'm saying not to get it. Most people are terrible in it and they end up being pinatas.  It's my second most played tank. You have to be incredibly patient to deal with the slow. You don't trade until the end when you can use your HP to overwhelm injured tanks. You stay back and use the gun from distance. Lots of folks say you have to run with a group and focus fire. That works ok sometimes ,but a lot of times it just attracts a feeding frenzy. It used to be more effective back in the day before they released things like the Japanese heavies and the 131.

Sometimes the battle will just go ahead without you and you can't get there in time. Sometimes your team will all die before you can help. The TOG can be very frustrating. But it's gun is good enough from long range to play the support game. It's just not fun for most.

I'd recommend the British Bulldog if you want a tier 6 PMM. It's still slow ,but at least it has some armor. You can actually play more as a heavy. 

The E25 was built for Shenanigans

test777777 #12 Posted 10 April 2019 - 07:01 AM

Major

• Players
  • 11108 battles
  • [RSMOJ]

The Tog is a bit of a strange tank, it's slow - very slow. It's the slowest tank in the game.  Team members don't wait for it and despite moving flat out, there will be battles where it just can't get to the enemy because greens in front are too dominant and there'll be those team mates which won't wait, get themselves killed and blame you for being a base camping scum when the reality is you were heading at full throttle in an effort to support them and they didn't bother waiting.  If the team is over run cheaply, expect to be overwhelmed too unless you're already in a reasonable defensable location. 

It can totally turn battles around and dominate offensively if given the chance. It has amazing presence on the battlefield and can draw enemy fire and has the HP to absorb it.  It also has good gun handling , a good rate of fire and while I don't use premium ammo, my Tog has a pen ratio of over 75%.  I can only imagine the potential of a platoon but don't expect them to rush back to defend the base. 

Before making the choice to get it, watch you tube videos of people playing it. 

Playing it safe

test777777 #13 Posted 10 April 2019 - 07:08 AM

Major

• Players
  • 11108 battles
  • [RSMOJ]

View PostTocFanKe4, on 10 April 2019 - 12:25 PM, said:

I'd recommend the British Bulldog if you want a tier 6 PMM. It's still slow ,but at least it has some armor. You can actually play more as a heavy. 

That's probably not available. 

The Tog 2 has armour and can reverse side scrape and go hull down. Ive only managed one shellproof in about 400 battles. It's got about 1.5X the health of the British Bulldog. and I prefer the Tog on smaller maps. 

Playing it safe

Twitchy Taillow #14 Posted 10 April 2019 - 09:05 AM

Corporal

• Players
  • 15279 battles
  • [UK]

Thanks for all the replies guys, made some pretty funny reading  

I think for now I'll save my buck and see what special offers come out. If I do have a bit of spare change at some point I probably will pick it up tho, can you really say you're a tanker if you havent Togged? :child:

"It's Omaha Beach. Wounded Knee. Rorke's Drift, The Killing Fields, the first day on The Somme. World War Three in North Jersey. And only now, pouring automatic fire into a human wall — do I feel something like peace"

test777777 #15 Posted 10 April 2019 - 09:27 AM

Major

• Players
  • 11108 battles
  • [RSMOJ]

View PostTwitchy Taillow, on 10 April 2019 - 05:05 PM, said:

, can you really say you're a tanker if you havent Togged? :child:

The first time I read that, I saw a W instead of a T in the tanker and a U instead of an O in Togged. I had to do a double take. 

But no to both ;)

Playing it safe

SpandexRockstar #16 Posted 10 April 2019 - 09:37 AM

Sergeant

• Players
  • 23285 battles
  • [OD1N]

I love my TOG. The absolute best thing about it is that in every game you know you're making both your teammates and the reds smile when they see it. It's worth it just for cheering everyone up and it's one of my goto fun tanks.

And in a platoon five abreast over Prok's ridge is such an awesome sight the red's either just die laughing or freeze in the gaze of majesty :)

BigHundy #17 Posted 10 April 2019 - 10:59 AM

Major

• Players
  • 9707 battles
  • [FCCM]
Buy it for the memes, but know it is completely and utterly UP.

I spent half my money on gambling, alcohol, and cheap women. The other half I wasted -  W.C. Fields

On the last day of your life, don't forget to die.

M4ntiX #18 Posted 10 April 2019 - 12:17 PM

Major

• Players
  • 29435 battles
  • [JOCO]

I only want to add, the guy that posted below my post but not directly below in case there are more responses and above this post but also not directly since there are other posts in between, has clearly no idea nor love for the Tog and as such cannot be trusted.

Thank you. :P

You should get the Tog. There are heavy tanks, medium tanks, lights, arty, tank destroyers... and then there is the Tog. Get the Tog. It's the only way to play World of Warships on land. You should really get the Tog.

"I live in reality and let me tell you, there is no one here."

"For some reason you feel the need to troll stink bomb a statement of fact."

"4 kids single father 2 boats a plane 3cars and more battles than you."

"Jesus you smegheads are whiny about your Epeens."

Twitchy Taillow #19 Posted 10 April 2019 - 12:45 PM

Corporal

• Players
  • 15279 battles
  • [UK]

View PostSpandexRockstar, on 10 April 2019 - 09:37 AM, said:

The absolute best thing about it is that in every game you know you're making both your teammates and the reds smile when they see it. It's worth it just for cheering everyone up and it's one of my goto fun tanks. 

Proper made me smile lol :) Dont think really anything cheers us tankers up half the time

MrTrollPacMan #20 Posted 10 April 2019 - 12:48 PM

Major

• Beta Tester
  • 18511 battles

View PostFusionStar287, on 09 April 2019 - 05:00 PM, said:

^This. Playing the TOG alone isn't advised (as a lonely TOG is a sad TOG), but TOG platoons with friends can be incredibly fun and easily make the tank worth owning (especially when you get five TOGs together, as then you have 7k combined health).

TOG platoons make the tank.

It is hilarious platooned

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users