Match Maker Issues Poll!

match maker matchmaker

• Please log in to reply
30 replies to this topic

Poll: Match Maker Issues Poll! (99 members have cast votes)

You have to complete 50 battles in order to participate this poll.

Do you feel as though the Match Maker could be better?

1. Yes (91 votes [91.92%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 91.92%

2. No (8 votes [8.08%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 8.08%

Would you prefer to wait an additional amount of queue time for more balanced matches?

1. No (17 votes [17.17%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 17.17%

2. Yes (82 votes [82.83%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 82.83%

What additional amount of time would you be willing to queue for more balanced matches?

1. None. The matchmaker if fine. (7 votes [7.07%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 7.07%

2. None. I prefer getting into matches quickly over balanced games. (6 votes [6.06%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 6.06%

3. 15 seconds (6 votes [6.06%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 6.06%

4. 30 seconds (24 votes [24.24%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 24.24%

5. 1 Minute (27 votes [27.27%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 27.27%

6. 1.5 Minutes (7 votes [7.07%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 7.07%

7. 2 Minutes (22 votes [22.22%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 22.22%

In your opinion, what is the single greatest flaw that you would fix in the matchmaker?

1. Unequal number of tanks per tier (34 votes [34.34%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 34.34%

2. Fail platoons (9 votes [9.09%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 9.09%

3. Unequal classes of tanks per match (12 votes [12.12%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 12.12%

4. All should be equal priority (30 votes [30.30%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 30.30%

5. None of the above, but I'll comment my opinion. (14 votes [14.14%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 14.14%

Would you like to the see the template match making PC has adapted to console?

1. No (71 votes [71.72%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 71.72%

2. yes (28 votes [28.28%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 28.28%

Do you feel as though Wargaming Console listens to player feedback?

1. Yes (27 votes [32.93%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 32.93%

2. No (20 votes [24.39%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 24.39%

3. No, this poll is pointless because Wargaming will never listen to their play base, and the fact that a player made this poll and not wargaming is indicative of their disinterest. (35 votes [42.68%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 42.68%

Vote Hide poll

WolfEagle1 #21 Posted 11 April 2019 - 04:44 AM

Sergeant

• Players
  • 3781 battles
Balancing out MM based on player skill (WG rating) and not allowing platoon tier mismatches would go along way to reducing steamroll matches.

TocFanKe4 #22 Posted 11 April 2019 - 04:54 AM

Major

• Players
  • 19977 battles
  • [GIRLS]

View PostThermalStone, on 10 April 2019 - 04:20 PM, said:

Matchmaking is basically fine.  Poor players use matchmaking as an excuse for poor performance.  As long as everyone is occasionally screwed at basically the same rate it doesn't matter.  I'm not willing to wait extra minutes in the queue for games.  

I disagree. Everyone isn't screwed the same rate. Depends on when you play. Some of us late night folks get the shaft way more than daytime folks.  An extra minute or two might mean the difference between getting my 2X or not.  It has nothing to do with how I perform. It has everything to do with how long it takes to finish grinds.

Nerf the World

GinTonicus #23 Posted 11 April 2019 - 01:27 PM

Sergeant

• Players
  • 8029 battles

View PostWolfEagle1, on 10 April 2019 - 11:44 PM, said:

Balancing out MM based on player skill (WG rating) and not allowing platoon tier mismatches would go along way to reducing steamroll matches.

This

Coelacanth 1 #24 Posted 11 April 2019 - 02:14 PM

Corporal

• Players
  • 30627 battles
  • [INRI]

View PostCobravert, on 10 April 2019 - 10:10 AM, said:

1) YES without question

2) Yes

3) 1 1/2 minutes happens now if your in a VI, VII or VIII platoon because it's always trying to fit you in to a VIII, IX, or X game. Even though there are 45-60 players in your tier, and hardly any in the higher tiers, it waits until there are few in your tier and more in higher tiers before throwing you into a game. Yes this happens because I see it a lot.

4) Fail platoons has already been dealt with, so that's a non issue. This particular issue is a combination of misaligned tiers, with misaligned numbers of specific tank types, with misaligned platoons.

There should never be 2 times as many heavies on one team.

There should never be mostly heavies on 1 team and mostly mediums or TDs on the other.

There should never be a 1 or more top tier platoons on 1 team if the other team's platoon(s) are all bottom tier.

But as it is right now, these things are exceedingly commonplace, and the norm.

WAY too often my platoon are the only -2 tanks on our team, maybe even in the entire game. It is one of the most aggravating things about this whole stupid MM deal. Again, the abolishment of +2/-2 would cure some of these ills in a split second, for most of these issues would not be as glaringly terrible as they are at -2.

5) I have no idea what PC's model is, so I don't care. I'd assume it's similar. Why would it be different?

6) Yes, I know they do. Look at Etzio's Fail Platoon crusade. It made a difference and they changed it. We griped for years about the number of arty's in a game and they FINALLY did something about that. There have been innumerable times where it seems like WGing will do the exact opposite of what is asked for repeatedly, so it's easy to say they don't, but I believe they do. Just not to the extent the most of us would like them to.

My main concern that even though some changes have been made that are in accordance to what has been asked for on a regular basis, it all seems to be too little too late. Many things that seem like they should be paramount revisions to balance things out and retain players are looked at with apathetic eyes.

This ^^^^^^^^^^^^ in a nutshell.  #4 particularly......

Coelacanth 1 #25 Posted 11 April 2019 - 02:16 PM

Corporal

• Players
  • 30627 battles
  • [INRI]

View PostJARL VARYAG, on 10 April 2019 - 08:57 AM, said:

I have no issue with the matchmaker the way it is. I prefer to get into games quickly. It already sometimes takes 30 seconds to a minute to get into a match. Also, I like the variety. I think a lot of people blame the matchmaker for their losses, but in reality most games are decided by how good the players on each team are, not by what tank they are driving.

There always has to be one that never has issues..........

killer etzi0 #26 Posted 11 April 2019 - 02:23 PM

Major

• Players
  • 56208 battles
  • [47R]
There are no more "fail platoons" i think that poll question would have been better worded "Unbalanced platoons from one team vs the other"

"When you can't make them see the light, make them feel the heat."

Ronald Reagan

ThermalStone #27 Posted 11 April 2019 - 02:49 PM

Major

• Players
  • 29526 battles
  • [80085]

View PostTocFanKe4, on 10 April 2019 - 08:54 PM, said:

I disagree. Everyone isn't screwed the same rate. Depends on when you play. Some of us late night folks get the shaft way more than daytime folks.  An extra minute or two might mean the difference between getting my 2X or not.  It has nothing to do with how I perform. It has everything to do with how long it takes to finish grinds.

View PostTocFanKe4, on 10 April 2019 - 08:54 PM, said:

That's not matchmaking, that's just a low number of players online at that time.  And if the long wait times bother you, realize there are players in this thread callling for long wait times for everyone to try to get "fair" matches.  Not worth it.

My point was that over thousands of games, everyone basically gets the same matchmaking.  Top tier, bottom tier, screwed by uneven teams, helped by uneven teams, it should all balance out.  In the end WL and other stats still come down to individual skill.

I'm not stealing kills, I'm handing out Confederate medals.

FinlandRed #28 Posted 11 April 2019 - 03:31 PM

Captain

• Players
  • 20281 battles

View PostTocFanKe4, on 11 April 2019 - 04:54 AM, said:

Agreed. Late at night you get bottom tiered way more as MM throws in whoever is about. After the third match where you see the same idiot donkeys on your team it's easy to become bored with trying to carry the stupid.

TocFanKe4 #29 Posted 11 April 2019 - 03:36 PM

Major

• Players
  • 19977 battles
  • [GIRLS]

View PostThermalStone, on 11 April 2019 - 09:49 AM, said:

That's not matchmaking, that's just a low number of players online at that time.  And if the long wait times bother you, realize there are players in this thread callling for long wait times for everyone to try to get "fair" matches.  Not worth it.

My point was that over thousands of games, everyone basically gets the same matchmaking.  Top tier, bottom tier, screwed by uneven teams, helped by uneven teams, it should all balance out.  In the end WL and other stats still come down to individual skill.

I still disagree with your point. And you didn't understand what I'm saying.  I'm asking for an additional minute or two, not complaining about it.  It's totally worth it. 

Over thousands of games, someone that plays late at night will be low tier more than someone who doesn't play then.  If you play tier 6 or tier 8, you're going to be low tier at least half the time.  Tier 8 is where my grinds go to die.  Someone that plays during high server population times will have a more even spread, but not me when I play later at night.  I'd rather spend 2 minutes in queue and get a better chance at having a less lopsided team. I'd rather spend the time to get matches where I'm not always bottom tier.  Being bottom tier and getting put on lopsided teams means that I can't carry as much.  I have less influence on the game to counteract terrible teammates.  So I win less.  I'm still able to perform.  I'll be putting up blue-purple stats but getting a 45% win rate after my team collapses in a couple minutes.  So I'm getting low amounts of XP though I'm doing decent damage. 

My tier 8 grinds take ages to complete because I might have to play 5-6 games to get a 2x. I'd support something hard coded in the game that I'd be top/mid/bottom 33% of the time each.  But that might not be possible, so I'd take an extra minute or two in MM so I didn't waste 6 minutes fighting for a doomed team that had 6 less tier X tanks than the other side.  Other games I play take 1-2 minutes to form a match.  It's not that big of a deal.  I don't know why WG wants everything to happen in less than 30 seconds. 

Edited by TocFanKe4, 11 April 2019 - 03:46 PM.

Nerf the World

enntropy #30 Posted 11 April 2019 - 07:05 PM

Corporal

• Players
  • 18242 battles
  • [-N-]

View Postkiller etzi0, on 11 April 2019 - 07:23 AM, said:

There are no more "fail platoons" i think that poll question would have been better worded "Unbalanced platoons from one team vs the other"

It was my understanding that fail platoon also could mean a mismatch of platoons on opposing teams. 

Example : a 5 man tier 10 platoon matched against a 5 man tier 8 platoon. The latter being the fail platoon. 

Perhaps I am incorrect 

FIRST DAWN #31 Posted 11 April 2019 - 08:00 PM

Corporal

• Players
  • 14554 battles
  • [EDGE]
Who are the 8 people that think MM is just fine? That has to be an April fools joke.

Also tagged with match maker, matchmaker

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users