I'm sure you'll ignore this too

• Please log in to reply
29 replies to this topic

SandM9 #1 Posted 11 April 2019 - 02:36 AM

Major

• Beta Tester
  • 30066 battles
So please tell me how it's possible to take damage to an ammunition rack in the Sheridan when it's an AP round that barely glances the rear? I posted it up on your club. Nice how the tracer misses my tank by the way. Nice how the hit and damage register before the shell and tracer are even half way to the tank. 

Welcome to the forums. Where you can call people stupid, just don't call them passive-aggressive.

FRlGHTKNIGHT #2 Posted 11 April 2019 - 02:37 AM

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 6399 battles
  • [ASYLM]
Google latency

SandM9 #3 Posted 11 April 2019 - 02:56 AM

Major

• Beta Tester
  • 30066 battles

View PostFRlGHTKNIGHT, on 10 April 2019 - 07:37 PM, said:

Google latency

so latency causes damage to my ammunition rack?

Edited by SandM9, 11 April 2019 - 02:56 AM.

Welcome to the forums. Where you can call people stupid, just don't call them passive-aggressive.

zZGROGZz #4 Posted 11 April 2019 - 06:36 AM

Major

• Players
  • 18974 battles

Probably lag on your end mate. At least that's what it sounds like.

From what I can remember of the explanations, the shell is server side, tank iis your side. You saw what you saw due to lag.

Forgive my clumsy explanation, I'm just awake.

!KING OF THE POTATO SKRUBLORDS!

Rubbelito #5 Posted 11 April 2019 - 08:20 AM

Major

• WoTC Online Contributor
  • 21670 battles
  • [TNT]

View PostSandM9, on 11 April 2019 - 03:36 AM, said:

So please tell me how it's possible to take damage to an ammunition rack in the Sheridan when it's an AP round that barely glances the rear? I posted it up on your club. Nice how the tracer misses my tank by the way. Nice how the hit and damage register before the shell and tracer are even half way to the tank. 

View PostSandM9, on 11 April 2019 - 03:56 AM, said:

so latency causes damage to my ammunition rack?

Just like Grog said,  since the game happens server side, what you see on your screen isn't always the "truth", so to speak.

It sometimes looks like your shell is gonna miss, and suddenly the hit ribbon shows up and you actually did hit the tank.

This obviously happens both ways, and most likely is what caused your issue.

MaxChaos24 #6 Posted 11 April 2019 - 10:38 AM

Gameplay Expert

• Administrator
  • 12481 battles

View PostSandM9, on 10 April 2019 - 10:36 PM, said:

Hello, if you have a Bug to Report, you need to post it here in the Bug Report Section. The Club isn't a bug reporting system.

SandM9 #7 Posted 11 April 2019 - 04:13 PM

Major

• Beta Tester
  • 30066 battles

View PostRubbelito, on 11 April 2019 - 01:20 AM, said:

Just like Grog said,  since the game happens server side, what you see on your screen isn't always the "truth", so to speak.

It sometimes looks like your shell is gonna miss, and suddenly the hit ribbon shows up and you actually did hit the tank.

This obviously happens both ways, and most likely is what caused your issue.

So because of latency, the game decides to punish me?

Replays do not represent what the server says happened, or it's version of the "truth"? And I see these things consistently with no other indications of lag or network issues.  Should I just blame my ISP. My flatscreen? I am sincere in just wanting to not have these  things continue to happen. Shots clipping through the ground to hit me, yes got it on replay. Shots bending at angles, yep got it. Shots going through the middle of tanks or just disappearing, it's there if you want it. But it's all worthless because "latency"? 

Basically it seems weird that "latency" would be the source of module damage. Misses, sure. Ghost rounds, I could see it. Rounds disappearing, okay? Shots bending, maybe but considering the aiming system it could be either. But where a round lands, regardless of the tracer, seems to be a basic function and fundamental to the game. 

View PostMaxChaos24, on 11 April 2019 - 03:38 AM, said:

Hello, if you have a Bug to Report, you need to post it here in the Bug Report Section. The Club isn't a bug reporting system.

I am in the bug section. I have reported albeit in an informal manor. Considering you ignored the other videos and screenshots I posted I decided to forgo posting anymore here. And I did not use The Club as a bug reporting system.

Rubbelito #8 Posted 11 April 2019 - 04:29 PM

Major

• 21670 battles
  • [TNT]

View PostSandM9, on 11 April 2019 - 05:13 PM, said:

So because of latency, the game decides to punish me?

Replays do not represent what the server says happened, or it's version of the "truth"? And I see these things consistently with no other indications of lag or network issues.  Should I just blame my ISP. My flatscreen? I am sincere in just wanting to not have these  things continue to happen. Shots clipping through the ground to hit me, yes got it on replay. Shots bending at angles, yep got it. Shots going through the middle of tanks or just disappearing, it's there if you want it. But it's all worthless because "latency"? 

Basically it seems weird that "latency" would be the source of module damage. Misses, sure. Ghost rounds, I could see it. Rounds disappearing, okay? Shots bending, maybe but considering the aiming system it could be either. But where a round lands, regardless of the tracer, seems to be a basic function and fundamental to the game.

I wasn't aware that you were talking about a replay and not live game. Although, I'm still uncertain about the accuracy of a replay in this context. Can't really say I have the exact knowledge how the replay works in that matter and whether latency could affect it too.

But it's certainly not a "punishment" either way.

We have a few aussies on the forum that I know have horrible lag/latency and from my understanding they struggle daily with huge problems like this. If you have a problematic connection, be it distance, ISP, router, whatever, you will see this a lot and it's just how live games work with the present infrastructure around the world.

With that said, of course there could be a programming issue that needs a closer look. But most of these issues are usually out of the hands of WG. All I'm saying.

MaxChaos24 #9 Posted 11 April 2019 - 04:33 PM

Gameplay Expert

• Administrator
  • 12481 battles

View PostSandM9, on 10 April 2019 - 10:36 PM, said:

So please tell me how it's possible to take damage to an ammunition rack in the Sheridan when it's an AP round that barely glances the rear? I posted it up on your club. Nice how the tracer misses my tank by the way. Nice how the hit and damage register before the shell and tracer are even half way to the tank. 

View PostSandM9, on 11 April 2019 - 12:13 PM, said:

I am in the bug section. I have reported albeit in an informal manor. Considering you ignored the other videos and screenshots I posted I decided to forgo posting anymore here. And I did not use The Club as a bug reporting system.

Hello, your post says that you posted it on the club. If you aren't actually wanting help than just don't post at all as it is a waste of both our time. If you do want help, than please give details and will certainly take a look. For the comment " Nice how the hit and damage register before the shell and tracer are even half way to the tank. " This is how a server run games work. The server calculates everything and then shows a representation of what happened with the use of graphics. 

SandM9 #10 Posted 11 April 2019 - 05:16 PM

Major

• Beta Tester
  • 30066 battles

View PostRubbelito, on 11 April 2019 - 09:29 AM, said:

I wasn't aware that you were talking about a replay and not live game. Although, I'm still uncertain about the accuracy of a replay in this context. Can't really say I have the exact knowledge how the replay works in that matter and whether latency could affect it too.

But it's certainly not a "punishment" either way.

We have a few aussies on the forum that I know have horrible lag/latency and from my understanding they struggle daily with huge problems like this. If you have a problematic connection, be it distance, ISP, router, whatever, you will see this a lot and it's just how live games work with the present infrastructure around the world.

With that said, of course there could be a programming issue that needs a closer look. But most of these issues are usually out of the hands of WG. All I'm saying.

I would certainly hope the game isn't "punishing" me specifically. That would be a sad thing, I was just being hyperbolic. 

With that being said I am in the U.S. and on the N.A. server have decent enough connection and am hardwired but there are certainly enough people on the server outside of the states still "module" seems a strangely specific way for latency to demonstrate itself.  And it's not just the ammo. damage in the Sheridan. But it's a good example as I have multiple clips of it happening.

SandM9 #11 Posted 11 April 2019 - 05:24 PM

Major

• Beta Tester
  • 30066 battles

View PostMaxChaos24, on 11 April 2019 - 09:33 AM, said:

Hello, your post says that you posted it on the club. If you aren't actually wanting help than just don't post at all as it is a waste of both our time. If you do want help, than please give details and will certainly take a look. For the comment " Nice how the hit and damage register before the shell and tracer are even half way to the tank. " This is how a server run games work. The server calculates everything and then shows a representation of what happened with the use of graphics. 

Dear WG I believe that there might be something going on with your mechanic regarding how critical damage is applied to tank models. I have instances where modules are being damaged by shots that don't hit where said module is located. If you are interested there is a screenshot I posted on your club which shows one instance I refer to but is not limited to that one instance. I also have the clip recorded. 

Sammael85 #12 Posted 11 April 2019 - 07:58 PM

Major

• Players
  • 21990 battles
  • [FAC]

View PostSandM9, on 11 April 2019 - 06:16 PM, said:

I would certainly hope the game isn't "punishing" me specifically. That would be a sad thing, I was just being hyperbolic.

Some people seems to never understand that... However, the fault isn't theirs when several potatos come here and post several thousands of threads talking about how bad has been his matchmaking today, how awful is or else how much his tank needs a buff, etc.

"Como se te ocurre pensar eso, ¿no ves que todos los "Pros" tiran premium ? Por algo sera, solo unos pocos están capacitados para hacerlo" - By Enjamio

Si eres español/hispano y te sientes aislado por WG, no estás solo: Hay un Batallón Exiliado dispuesto a ayudarte

Frags, autism, shenanigans and utter lag HERE

SandM9 #13 Posted 12 April 2019 - 03:30 PM

Major

• Beta Tester
  • 30066 battles

View PostSammael85, on 11 April 2019 - 12:58 PM, said:

Some people seems to never understand that... However, the fault isn't theirs when several potatos come here and post several thousands of threads talking about how bad has been his matchmaking today, how awful is or else how much his tank needs a buff, etc.

I will say this. I have yet to see anybody posting of similar instances.  :trollface:

SandM9 #14 Posted 12 April 2019 - 03:37 PM

Major

• Beta Tester
  • 30066 battles

So I see we only respond when we have problems with a post. Not to the actual content.  I apologize for the informal nature of my first post, but after six years you are surprised? You should focus more on your core mechanics and less on my diction and syntax. 

Rubbelito #15 Posted 12 April 2019 - 03:46 PM

Major

• 21670 battles
  • [TNT]

View PostSandM9, on 12 April 2019 - 04:37 PM, said:

So I see we only respond when we have problems with a post. Not to the actual content.  I apologize for the informal nature of my first post, but after six years you are surprised? You should focus more on your core mechanics and less on my diction and syntax. 

Max asked you to post the details here and you still haven't done that.

So I guess you just wanted to come here and complain a bit..?

SandM9 #16 Posted 12 April 2019 - 04:49 PM

Major

• Beta Tester
  • 30066 battles

View PostRubbelito, on 12 April 2019 - 08:46 AM, said:

Max asked you to post the details here and you still haven't done that.

So I guess you just wanted to come here and complain a bit..?

What? Will they care more, because I got no response when I went through the trouble before. Do I need an official blow off?  Why are you running flak for them? Is this part of your official duties as a "community contributor" or are you assuming the roll?

Turns to smoke

https://xboxclips.com/SandM9/252c9195-e61d-498a-ab24-bc86f376eae3

Long video but has the ghost at end

https://xboxclips.com/SandM9/da6b22e8-e853-4763-8f7b-c6155b841ce9

Screenshot of ghost from above video. I am on other side of the tank. this is the shot leaving toward the camera

https://xboxclips.com/SandM9/screenshots/d65d411f-8399-4e24-8a1c-5e6ec8c30c76

another ghost

https://xboxclips.com/SandM9/screenshots/cb08793a-bb95-4a2c-8c4b-98ad6efc4932

Here's one of a shot hitting my burning corpse at an angle to the barrel of enemy

https://xboxclips.com/SandM9/screenshots/863b94a5-76c9-4866-bf39-0ed89fff886e

Another ghost, I am directly on the other side this is the shot leaving the other side toward camera, think I have video of this as well

https://xboxclips.com/SandM9/screenshots/467c3822-d5a8-4932-8a63-b7899636d853

when that gets addressed then I'll know it's not a waste of my time to post more. 

MaxChaos24 #17 Posted 12 April 2019 - 05:02 PM

Gameplay Expert

• Administrator
  • 12481 battles

View PostSandM9, on 12 April 2019 - 12:49 PM, said:

What? Will they care more, because I got no response when I went through the trouble before. Do I need an official blow off?  Why are you running flak for them? Is this part of your official duties as a "community contributor" or are you assuming the roll?

Turns to smoke

https://xboxclips.com/SandM9/252c9195-e61d-498a-ab24-bc86f376eae3

Long video but has the ghost at end

https://xboxclips.com/SandM9/da6b22e8-e853-4763-8f7b-c6155b841ce9

Screenshot of ghost from above video. I am on other side of the tank. this is the shot leaving toward the camera

https://xboxclips.com/SandM9/screenshots/d65d411f-8399-4e24-8a1c-5e6ec8c30c76

another ghost

https://xboxclips.com/SandM9/screenshots/cb08793a-bb95-4a2c-8c4b-98ad6efc4932

Here's one of a shot hitting my burning corpse at an angle to the barrel of enemy

https://xboxclips.com/SandM9/screenshots/863b94a5-76c9-4866-bf39-0ed89fff886e

Another ghost, I am directly on the other side this is the shot leaving the other side toward camera, think I have video of this as well

https://xboxclips.com/SandM9/screenshots/467c3822-d5a8-4932-8a63-b7899636d853

when that gets addressed then I'll know it's not a waste of my time to post more. 

Thanks. These appear to be the side effect of fast moving tanks where the graphics rendering is slower than what is happened on the server. 

Rubbelito #18 Posted 12 April 2019 - 05:04 PM

Major

• 21670 battles
  • [TNT]

View PostSandM9, on 12 April 2019 - 05:49 PM, said:

Looks like I got you where you wanted.

You're welcome.

SandM9 #19 Posted 12 April 2019 - 05:07 PM

Major

• Beta Tester
  • 30066 battles

View PostMaxChaos24, on 12 April 2019 - 10:02 AM, said:

Thanks. These appear to be the side effect of fast moving tanks where the graphics rendering is slower than what is happened on the server. 

Well that was quick, and everything there is a caused by the same thing?  Graphic rendering?  Causes a shell to not actually hit a target.  Causes shells to disappear, by the way which tank was the "fast moving tank" in that clip?  The AT that wasn't moving or the T-29 that wasn't moving? And I suppose if I post the clips of shots causing damage to my ammunition rack when they don't hit my ammunition rack?  Graphic rendering.

SandM9 #20 Posted 12 April 2019 - 05:08 PM

Major

• Beta Tester
  • 30066 battles

View PostRubbelito, on 12 April 2019 - 10:04 AM, said:

Looks like I got you where you wanted.

You're welcome.

I'm sure that's what you'll tell yourself trustee. 

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users