I'm sure you'll ignore this too

• Please log in to reply
29 replies to this topic

MaxChaos24 #21 Posted 12 April 2019 - 05:21 PM

Gameplay Expert

• Administrator
  • 12481 battles

View PostSandM9, on 12 April 2019 - 01:07 PM, said:

Well that was quick, and everything there is a caused by the same thing?  Graphic rendering?  Causes a shell to not actually hit a target.  Causes shells to disappear, by the way which tank was the "fast moving tank" in that clip?  The AT that wasn't moving or the T-29 that wasn't moving? And I suppose if I post the clips of shots causing damage to my ammunition rack when they don't hit my ammunition rack?  Graphic rendering.

The first one, the shell didn't disappear, it hit the tank, it just didn't do any damage. (Watch the tank icon, it will flash upon impacts which indicates a hit).

The fast moving tank is you in the light tank which most of the others are from.

It's important to remember that the graphics are only a visual representation of what happened. Fast moving tanks will have this a lot as it's "drawing" from the current visual position and not the actual position. This causes the sideways tracers, tracers that appear to go through a tank (when the round actually went beside the tank) etc, as it's trying to draw the tracer from your barrel tip to the impact, its not following the actual path of the shell. For example, if you remember a long time ago, it use to draw from initial point to end point which caused the appearance of rounds shooting out of the side of the turret instead of the barrel, this was later changed to have it drawn from the tip of the barrel instead. 

While there are sometime things that do happen and ghost shells that do happen, these look like a case of where it is just caused by the movement that's happening.

SandM9 #22 Posted 12 April 2019 - 05:45 PM

Major

• Beta Tester
  • 30066 battles

Yes, I see the flash  but why then the struggle to render such a basic exchange. Also how do you know I was even moving in those screenshots or that the other tanks was moving and I know that the server struggles to keep up I see it in a lot of replays. Maybe that is the bigger issue here. 

Also in the "angled shot" screenshot, taken from a longer replay clip, what you don't see is that the barrel was never pointed in that direction ever. I've seen what you are referring to and it's not the case here.

Welcome to the forums. Where you can call people stupid, just don't call them passive-aggressive.

MaxChaos24 #23 Posted 12 April 2019 - 05:53 PM

Gameplay Expert

• Administrator
  • 12481 battles

View PostSandM9, on 12 April 2019 - 01:45 PM, said:

Yes, I see the flash  but why then the struggle to render such a basic exchange. Also how do you know I was even moving in those screenshots or that the other tanks was moving and I know that the server struggles to keep up I see it in a lot of replays. Maybe that is the bigger issue here. 

Also in the "angled shot" screenshot, taken from a longer replay clip, what you don't see is that the barrel was never pointed in that direction ever. I've seen what you are referring to and it's not the case here.

"Also how do you know I was even moving in those screenshots or that the other tanks was moving and I know that the server struggles to keep up I see it in a lot of replays."

• You can see the particle effects flying off of the tracks which happens when vehicles are moving.

"Also in the "angled shot" screenshot, taken from a longer replay clip, what you don't see is that the barrel was never pointed in that direction ever. "

• Not sure which of the screenshots you are talking about for this one.

SandM9 #24 Posted 12 April 2019 - 07:13 PM

Major

• Beta Tester
  • 30066 battles

View PostMaxChaos24, on 12 April 2019 - 10:53 AM, said:

"Also how do you know I was even moving in those screenshots or that the other tanks was moving and I know that the server struggles to keep up I see it in a lot of replays."

• You can see the particle effects flying off of the tracks which happens when vehicles are moving.

"Also in the "angled shot" screenshot, taken from a longer replay clip, what you don't see is that the barrel was never pointed in that direction ever. "

• Not sure which of the screenshots you are talking about for this one.

In this shot the target isn't moving I am not speeding by in fact I slowed down and at very close range(just about point blank):

https://xboxclips.com/SandM9/screenshots/467c3822-d5a8-4932-8a63-b7899636d853

In this clip I am still and the T61 is moving and his shot had no problem hitting me and it's a very close range:

https://xboxclips.com/SandM9/screenshots/cb08793a-bb95-4a2c-8c4b-98ad6efc4932

Not to mention I have yet to see this problem with other fast moving tanks and I've been looking for it. It has only happened that I've noticed in the T49 shooting "super HE".

This is the screenshot of the angled shot. I have some as bad and then the type you are talking about. where it's just a matter of the server "catching up"

https://xboxclips.com/SandM9/screenshots/863b94a5-76c9-4866-bf39-0ed89fff886e

I'm pretty sure I have the clip but would have to check

And none of this answers the question of why would I receive critical damage to a module the server says wasn't hit or does it.  I can only go by the replays and that system has it's own problems from what I can tell.

Be honest is somebody actually looking at this or are you just making your best guess.

Edited by SandM9, 13 April 2019 - 04:35 PM.

Welcome to the forums. Where you can call people stupid, just don't call them passive-aggressive.

CleverJoey1844 #25 Posted 12 April 2019 - 08:40 PM

Captain

• Supertest - Xbox One
  • 42404 battles
  • [STDZ]
Maxchaos24 thank you for the insight, definitely explains questions i have had for awhile myself.

SandM9 #26 Posted 13 April 2019 - 05:25 PM

Major

• Beta Tester
  • 30066 battles

View PostCleverJoey1844, on 12 April 2019 - 01:40 PM, said:

Maxchaos24 thank you for the insight, definitely explains questions i have had for awhile myself.

What insight?  He blames it all on "graphic rendering" and there are multiple different things occurring in those clips and screenshots. At best he is pointing out that the server struggles to make sense of what's occuring in any given match and what we see happen on screen is just a story that the server is making up. 

I'm sure they think I'm trying to get them in some "gotcha" situation but it's not my intent. I would like nothing more than to just have a smooth running game that is consistent. 

SandM9 #27 Posted 14 April 2019 - 03:59 PM

Major

• Beta Tester
  • 30066 battles

So apparently that's that. 

I had some more clips to show. A couple showed tanks disappearing right in front of me and not reappearing even after shooting me. These were what I thought of when you say "graphic rendering". 

And after reading what you wrote about the server and tracer I went back and watched specifically the clip of the ghost round through the T29 and it doesn't really explain that clip. 

But like I said it would appear as though the matter is settled to your satisfaction.

CFL Chopper #28 Posted 15 April 2019 - 03:05 AM

Corporal

• Players
  • 56937 battles
  • [PROOF]
They are more likely to respond if it a unknown problem, this is obviously latency. They have already addressed this issue and acknowledge it ,in type, every time you turn your game on.

Symbiot911 #29 Posted 15 April 2019 - 04:44 AM

Captain

• Players
  • 34861 battles

View PostRubbelito, on 11 April 2019 - 06:20 PM, said:

Just like Grog said,  since the game happens server side, what you see on your screen isn't always the "truth", so to speak.

It sometimes looks like your shell is gonna miss, and suddenly the hit ribbon shows up and you actually did hit the tank.

This obviously happens both ways, and most likely is what caused your issue.

Gotta agree  I've had a number of occasions where I seen, and recorded heat seeking missiles go past my turret. You see it plainly miss, then suddenly it's like the game says [edited], that should have hit and killed him, so the shell turns around after its gone past and boom, you're dead. And that happened in the days where the game was alot more playable and lag wise, that the [edited]server performance we have now. If only WG would actually show some care towards its customer base that play on xbox and are located in Australia. We spend alot of money on this game for what? A game that I love that now has worse performance than I've ever since release. I used to get up to 4 green or orange bars on the NA East and west servers , plus I could get 2 or 3 yellow bars on the EU server. Admittedly they'd drop down to a couple of red bars at times, but mostly I could still play on the EU server, and this was back in the days before I was connected to the NBN and had only 1.5Mbs upload and generally around 20 to 30Mbs dl. Now I have 35 to 40Mbs UL and 90-100Mbs dl, (in Australia), but my connection to the NA server has never been worse. 600-700ms ping at times does not make for a very enjoyable gaming experience, and as there's only one server I can play on, as the EU server barely registers these days, then it becomes very frustrating and I have to stop playing because waiting 3+ seconds for your gun to fire is maddening, but the worst thing is those critical times when you congee face to face with another tank and getting a shot in first is the difference betwen killing or getting killed. Majority of the time of course I get killed. I've even taken to pulling the trigger before I go around the corner of a building for instance, so that my shot will register by the time I get around. Doesn't work. Most times my opponent gets his shot in first. Frustrating +++. So why does WG skimp on its servers? Why are there only 2 for xbox? Does a bear really take a dump on the woods? I do actually know why there's no Asian server for xbox, and I don't know if there's still one for PS4, but Max told me that more people in Asia/ Oceania, own PS4's and therefore  at that time they only had an Asian server for PS4 users. Very disappointing. Talk about WG not giving giving a damn about its original console player base. Surely if they provided a server for xbox users in Oceania they may see their ever declining player base begin to get more players again. I can only imagine how many must have stopped playing because of lag issues that have only ever gotten worse as the years progress. Of course, that doesn't include the players that have quit due to the game becoming more and more about playing to win with high tier premium tanks in the hands of players with little experience  among other things. That's my rant for the week anyway  

SandM9 #30 Posted 17 April 2019 - 03:59 PM

Major

• Beta Tester
  • 30066 battles

View PostCFL Chopper, on 14 April 2019 - 08:05 PM, said:

They are more likely to respond if it a unknown problem, this is obviously latency. They have already addressed this issue and acknowledge it ,in type, every time you turn your game on.

So is it "latency" or "graphic rendering" or is it just my ISP? Or you are just saying that they know they have a server that struggles so it's fine? 

Weird that the same thing would 'cause so many different things to occur.

Edited by SandM9, 17 April 2019 - 03:59 PM.

8 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 8 guests, 0 anonymous users