Fun mode Lunar Mm

• Please log in to reply
26 replies to this topic

M4ntiX #1 Posted 12 April 2019 - 11:23 AM

Major

• Players
  • 25167 battles

Dear WG,

Matchmaker is a constant topic of conversation both on this forum and other social media sites. While I agree it could be better, in random battles it doesn't bother me so much, as I feel there are many other factors that have a larger impact on battle results (player skill, tank balancing, etc).

However, there are modes you release from time to time that illustrate perfectly how broken the mm can be, and how unacceptable its rules are, even when all tanks are identical. Please see the screen shot below.

If possible, and if you're planning to release special events in the future, can you please change the mm's rules to forbid platoons being matched with solo players on the opposing team? Same could be applied to normal mm of course, but that's probably asking too much...

Point is, games like this should not happen at all, they suck out all the fun from fun modes and, to an extent, from regular battles as well.

Thank you.

MaxChaos24 #2 Posted 12 April 2019 - 11:46 AM

Gameplay Expert

• Administrator
  • 12569 battles

View PostM4ntiX, on 12 April 2019 - 07:23 AM, said:

Dear WG,

Matchmaker is a constant topic of conversation both on this forum and other social media sites. While I agree it could be better, in random battles it doesn't bother me so much, as I feel there are many other factors that have a larger impact on battle results (player skill, tank balancing, etc).

However, there are modes you release from time to time that illustrate perfectly how broken the mm can be, and how unacceptable its rules are, even when all tanks are identical. Please see the screen shot below.

If possible, and if you're planning to release special events in the future, can you please change the mm's rules to forbid platoons being matched with solo players on the opposing team? Same could be applied to normal mm of course, but that's probably asking too much...

Point is, games like this should not happen at all, they suck out all the fun from fun modes and, to an extent, from regular battles as well.

Thank you.

Hello, special event modes don't have Multiplayer matchmaking rules. Special event modes are simply, fill the roster with players and go!:honoring:

For multiplayer Matchmaking, we've addressed this a few times in the Q&A. The latest one can be found here: 

https://console.worldoftanks.com/en/news/battle-heroes-february-12

Skill4AUT #3 Posted 12 April 2019 - 11:51 AM

Captain

• Players
  • 12038 battles
  • [R4ZER]
Better WGC stopping this crap of 5 man platoons and reduce it to a max of 3 man platoon.  

M4ntiX #4 Posted 12 April 2019 - 11:53 AM

Major

• Players
  • 25167 battles

View PostMaxChaos24, on 12 April 2019 - 11:46 AM, said:

Hello, special event modes don't have Multiplayer matchmaking rules. Special event modes are simply, fill the roster with players and go!:honoring:

For multiplayer Matchmaking, we've addressed this a few times in the Q&A. The latest one can be found here: 

https://console.worldoftanks.com/en/news/battle-heroes-february-12

Thanks Max, I didn't know that. We learn something new everyday. :)

My point still stands though. Can you introduce a rule to fun modes to make sure platoons don't get matched against solo players, please?

Speaking of the announcement. Mm change is coming in 4.9, can you share some more info so we have an idea of what to expect?

Thanks.

JelliedPenny08 #5 Posted 12 April 2019 - 11:56 AM

Major

• Players
  • 14409 battles

During the late night early morning Lunar play there was some very wonky MM going on. 

The worst I saw was a team of 7 that included a 5 man platoon, against a team of 4 with no platoons. They had more in their platoon than we had on our whole team! There were a few other oddly balanced games too. I'm guessing the difference was the platoon. Taking the non-platooned players from the reds and putting them on the greens would be the most obvious solution. It looked like MM assembled the platoon team as a team of 7 first and then threw whatever was left into the greens. 

It made me wonder if MM compared the teams after assembling them, even if just to check for disparate numbers that could be fixed. Finding out it isn't trying to balance makes more sense. 

Edited by JelliedPenny08, 12 April 2019 - 11:58 AM.

MaxChaos24 #6 Posted 12 April 2019 - 11:57 AM

Gameplay Expert

• Administrator
  • 12569 battles

View PostM4ntiX, on 12 April 2019 - 07:53 AM, said:

My point still stands though. Can you introduce a rule to fun modes to make sure platoons don't get matched against solo players, please?

Speaking of the announcement. Mm change is coming in 4.9, can you share some more info so we have an idea of what to expect?

Thanks.

You're playing 4.9 now lol. We changed the SPG rules from 5 -> 3

M4ntiX #7 Posted 12 April 2019 - 12:04 PM

Major

• Players
  • 25167 battles

View PostMaxChaos24, on 12 April 2019 - 11:57 AM, said:

You're playing 4.9 now lol. We changed the SPG rules from 5 -> 3

I'm aware of that, lol. So no upcoming changes to regular battles matchmaking then?

I'm sorry, I fail to see how your response is relevant to the topic at hand... Main focus here is fun modes, Lunar, Core Fail, etc... and their future. :)

MaxChaos24 #8 Posted 12 April 2019 - 12:10 PM

Gameplay Expert

• Administrator
  • 12569 battles

View PostM4ntiX, on 12 April 2019 - 08:04 AM, said:

I'm aware of that, lol. So no upcoming changes to regular battles matchmaking then?

I'm sorry, I fail to see how your response is relevant to the topic at hand... Main focus here is fun modes, Lunar, Core Fail, etc... and their future. :)

I feel like I just answered both of those questions?

Matchmaking is something we are working on, it's just going to take time. (linked article)

Matchmaking for event modes I addressed in the first post. They dont have balance rules as everyone is using the same vehicle. Fill the roster and launch the battle. That's all that is needed for an event mode.

M4ntiX #9 Posted 12 April 2019 - 12:20 PM

Major

• Players
  • 25167 battles

View PostMaxChaos24, on 12 April 2019 - 12:10 PM, said:

I feel like I just answered both of those questions?

Matchmaking is something we are working on, it's just going to take time. (linked article)

Matchmaking for event modes I addressed in the first post. They dont have balance rules as everyone is using the same vehicle. Fill the roster and launch the battle. That's all that is needed for an event mode.

Ok, so no plans of balancing fun mode mm and normal mm is a work in progress, as always. Roger that. Thanks. :)

f1mitku #10 Posted 12 April 2019 - 12:26 PM

Major

• Players
  • 43029 battles

OK. So in special modes (without MM balance rules) - 5 man platoon matched to single players only is perfectly OK... and fun. Or at least it's fun for the seal clubbers... uhmmmmm... platoon players. :amazed:

Let's hope that at least for the MM in normal MP - the next changes would include matching only of an equal platoons (equal tier and players number) in both teams as mandatory. :hiding:

x_BAlN_x #11 Posted 12 April 2019 - 01:29 PM

Captain

• Players
  • 53919 battles
Remove platoons from these special events.

M4ntiX #12 Posted 12 April 2019 - 02:12 PM

Major

• Players
  • 25167 battles

View Postbux1303, on 12 April 2019 - 11:51 AM, said:

Better WGC stopping this crap of 5 man platoons and reduce it to a max of 3 man platoon.  

^ this!

3 man platoons would solve half of mm problems.

Also, 1 arta per platoon and we're golden.

leova #13 Posted 12 April 2019 - 02:40 PM

Major

• Players
  • 11313 battles
  • [47R]

View PostM4ntiX, on 12 April 2019 - 06:53 AM, said:

Please don't take this suggestion

let players HAVE FUN in fun modes, and that means playing with their friends!

John Arrowsmith #14 Posted 12 April 2019 - 02:42 PM

Major

• Players
  • 72087 battles

View Postleova, on 12 April 2019 - 02:40 PM, said:

Please don't take this suggestion

let players HAVE FUN in fun modes, and that means playing with their friends!

I'm all for letting platoons in the mode,   but a 5 man platoon against a solo team is ridiculous.

This forum needs the Fake Marine

Snore,   the only person I know of that likes mushy peas in a taco with cinnamon sprinkles. 

Gallant Prime #15 Posted 12 April 2019 - 03:29 PM

Major

• WoTC Ambassador
  • 42314 battles
  • [47R]

Not sure that having separate fun modes for platoons and solo players is out of the question of reasonableness.  I think mainly what is being asked is if there is a large platoon on one side that it gets matched against another large platoon--for the sake of fun for all.  

Having better crew training would also make it more fun.  

Sammael85 #16 Posted 12 April 2019 - 03:44 PM

Major

• Players
  • 22585 battles
  • [FAC]

View Postbux1303, on 12 April 2019 - 12:51 PM, said:

Or else just throw a "platoon only" mode like in many other shooters?

Some might say i'm not constructive enough... Too bad i'm actually a deconstructivist

Si eres español/hispano y te sientes aislado por WG, no estás solo: Hay un Batallón Exiliado dispuesto a ayudarte

Hear me ROAR!!!

psmobius1 #17 Posted 12 April 2019 - 03:45 PM

Major

• Players
  • 29138 battles
  • [USA1]
I don't think there is any need to include platoons in the fun modes when they come around, they simply ruin the game for many others. RB does not allow platoons and it makes that mode far better simply due to the lack of platoons.  

Sammael85 #18 Posted 12 April 2019 - 03:47 PM

Major

• Players
  • 22585 battles
  • [FAC]

View Postpsmobius1, on 12 April 2019 - 04:45 PM, said:

I don't think there is any need to include platoons in the fun modes when they come around, they simply ruin the game for many others. RB does not allow platoons and it makes that mode far better simply due to the lack of platoons.  

But you know how rotten are things when people manage to get together game after game in Rankeds, as several clans stated and worked into it in their particular non-official forums. :popcorn:

Some might say i'm not constructive enough... Too bad i'm actually a deconstructivist

Si eres español/hispano y te sientes aislado por WG, no estás solo: Hay un Batallón Exiliado dispuesto a ayudarte

Hear me ROAR!!!

M4ntiX #19 Posted 12 April 2019 - 03:49 PM

Major

• Players
  • 25167 battles

View Postpsmobius1, on 12 April 2019 - 03:45 PM, said:

Nah. I think platoons should be allowed. As mentioned in this thread already, platoons are a part of the fun. I don't want the game to forbid me from playing with friends.

However, fair play rules should still be preserved and enforced by the game and situations, like the one presented in my initial post, should not happen at all.

It may be fun being in a 5 man platoon going against 7 randoms, but I guarantee that's not how the other team feels. If the game is fun for only one team, something ain't right.

Beermeister79 #20 Posted 12 April 2019 - 04:04 PM

Corporal

• Players
  • 8013 battles
My opinion on this matter maybe unpopular so feel free to correct me but I feel as though people need to stop crying about match making so much and just play harder and smarter. I don't platoon because of the weird hours I get to play and constantly go up against four or five man platoons. Yeah I get wrecked or my team is potatoes nothing you can do about it. Can't always have a superior or evenly matched scenario in your favor or keep complaining and maybe one day they'll start filling in spots with bots    

Also tagged with Fun mode, Lunar, Mm

3 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 3 guests, 0 anonymous users