Please consider putting a limit on lights before adding the French wheeled lights

Light Tanks Lights Wheeled tanks Balance

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

Kaboost #1 Posted 12 April 2019 - 11:49 PM

Captain

• Beta Tester
  • 15272 battles
  • [JOCO]

It is known that French wheeled light tanks are the next tank line to be released. For the sake of game balance and to prevent sheer chaos high tier light tanks should be limited to 1-2 per team, maybe 3 with platoons. 

There is far too many games where there is 3-5 light tanks on each team. It’s effecting how World of Tanks is played. Battles are ending quicker due to the better vision and the fact that half of them make suicide runs. It’s much harder to get a scout medals/patrol duty because they’re stealing each other’s spots. It’s more of a challenge for your team to protect the arty in your base.

I feel this is effecting gameplay in a negative way and will only get worse when French wheeled light tanks come. 

If WGCB releases the wheeled lights without a limit on each team gameplay might go to crap. They are all stupid fast with good mobility and have decent guns to go with it. TDs, arty, and isolated heavies will get PTSD from the amount of times these new tanks will be circling them.

Back when the Chaffee was the only light tank that could get in high tier matches there was rarely ever more than one on each team. That made the light tank on your team extremely important and I feel like gameplay was much better because of it.

Let me know what you agree with/disagree with, I’m open to the discussion about it.

Edit: chose to remove the poll to make it less of a giant wall of text.

Edited by Kaboost, 13 April 2019 - 12:01 AM.

Lights tanks need rebalanced(again)

​Update 4.2 and 4.6 were terrible

Sammael85 #2 Posted 13 April 2019 - 01:20 AM

Major

• Players
  • 24592 battles
  • [FAC]
Why? Did you actually seen real footage of those tanks in movement? I can tell you that they usually fall way easier than you might think.

But of course this is World of Tanks: Muppet Edition! You can always rely on something that is a nerf in the new lines because muppets not being able to pay attention even at the most slight mechanic or complication involving actual learning on how to play!

Some might say i'm not constructive enough... Too bad i'm actually a deconstructivist

Si eres español/hispano y te sientes aislado por WG, no estás solo: Hay un Batallón Exiliado dispuesto a ayudarte

Hear me ROAR!!!

Kaboost #3 Posted 13 April 2019 - 01:51 AM

Captain

• Beta Tester
  • 15272 battles
  • [JOCO]

View PostSammael85, on 12 April 2019 - 07:20 PM, said:

Why? Did you actually seen real footage of those tanks in movement? I can tell you that they usually fall way easier than you might think.

But of course this is World of Tanks: Muppet Edition! You can always rely on something that is a nerf in the new lines because muppets not being able to pay attention even at the most slight mechanic or complication involving actual learning on how to play!

I’m not saying they’ll be OP. There is going to be a bunch of people playing them and I don’t want every single match to begin with 3-5 dog fighting and zerging to the enemy base and dying.

1-2 lights can handle the scouting, 3-5 just causes unwanted chaos.

DwarfOnDrugs #4 Posted 13 April 2019 - 02:58 AM

Major

• Players
  • 30854 battles
  • [-UNL-]
On console aimig is a lot more difficult. i’d like to see the light cars limited aswell.

sergeant-slow741 #5 Posted 13 April 2019 - 07:19 AM

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 20826 battles

View PostDwarfOnDrugs, on 12 April 2019 - 06:58 PM, said:

On console aimig is a lot more difficult. i’d like to see the light cars limited aswell.

:trollface:
End of passion play, crumbling away I'm your source of self destruction. Veins that pump with fear,sucking darkest clear leading on your death's destruction. Taste me you will see more as you need dedicated to how im killing you.

LongingWinter88 #6 Posted 13 April 2019 - 10:45 PM

Sergeant

• Players
  • 46997 battles
  • [EGG]
agreed im surprised more people dont play teir 9 and 10 lights

killer etzi0 #7 Posted 13 April 2019 - 10:55 PM

Major

• Players
  • 58182 battles
  • [47R]

I knew it would never stop, 1st it was too many arty per team, now its to many lights per team, soon it will be too many TD's too many heavies, and then, finally, too many op mediums. There will be nothing left and the game will be dead. 

I wonder if the folks that complained about too many arty per team realize that when WG obliged, that meant other classes of tanks would have to fill in the spaces....

"When you can't make them see the light, make them feel the heat."

Ronald Reagan

Kaboost #8 Posted 14 April 2019 - 10:57 PM

Captain

• Beta Tester
  • 15272 battles
  • [JOCO]

View Postkiller etzi0, on 13 April 2019 - 04:55 PM, said:

I knew it would never stop, 1st it was too many arty per team, now its to many lights per team, soon it will be too many TD's too many heavies, and then, finally, too many op mediums. There will be nothing left and the game will be dead. 

I wonder if the folks that complained about too many arty per team realize that when WG obliged, that meant other classes of tanks would have to fill in the spaces....

The beginning of the battle usually starts with light tanks getting themselves killed. They drive forward, spot the enemy team and die. Or they kill each other in the middle of the map within the first 1-4 minutes of the game. I’m just getting tired of it.

Arty getting limited was a great addition. While I don’t think heavies/TDs should be limited I do think the MM needs to try and even them out better.  Too many battles where one team is full of heavies and the other TDs. I don’t understand why that happens.

KilledByPing #9 Posted 14 April 2019 - 11:31 PM

Major

• Players
  • 14713 battles
  • [ENVY]

View PostSammael85, on 13 April 2019 - 04:20 AM, said:

You dont even need to wait for wheeled tanks.

4-5 Light per team happen every now already and this games are cancer, always.

Im cant even say what is worse - 4-5 arty per team or 4-5 lights per team. 

I even met a games when there both 5 arty and 5 light per team. 0 fun. Even these artys and light didnt had any fun im sure.

Ofc we have an arty limit of 3 per team now. But it still a thing. A max count of arty and light per team still happens.

Edited by KilledByPing, 14 April 2019 - 11:32 PM.

Sammael85 #10 Posted 15 April 2019 - 03:36 PM

Major

• Players
  • 24592 battles
  • [FAC]

View PostKilledByPing, on 15 April 2019 - 12:31 AM, said:

You dont even need to wait for wheeled tanks.

4-5 Light per team happen every now already and this games are cancer, always.

Im cant even say what is worse - 4-5 arty per team or 4-5 lights per team. 

I even met a games when there both 5 arty and 5 light per team. 0 fun. Even these artys and light didnt had any fun im sure.

Ofc we have an arty limit of 3 per team now. But it still a thing. A max count of arty and light per team still happens.

A limit which still can harm because the muppets of the devs allows 3 arty platoon instead of the well implemented and more restrictive limitations on Arty in platoons done in PC "becuz we am differenz vurshion lulz".

4-5 lights in a team can and will fail it's way as long as the team knows to shoot, because they will hinder each others work and what it would be a distraction will be object of focus. You can't escape from a platoon of 3 Arty because the only way to be arty safe is not to be targeted by them and get severe RNG blessings in the process. 'Cause sooner or later they will gonna get you.

Some might say i'm not constructive enough... Too bad i'm actually a deconstructivist

Si eres español/hispano y te sientes aislado por WG, no estás solo: Hay un Batallón Exiliado dispuesto a ayudarte

Hear me ROAR!!!

Also tagged with Light Tanks, Lights, Wheeled tanks, Balance

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users