Stock T49 comes as a bit of a shock

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

JanneVee23 #1 Posted 14 April 2019 - 10:21 PM

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 15729 battles
After being used to a fully upgraded Bulldog the T49 takes a while to get used to...it's slow, turns like a truck and handles like a sloth overall...

Any tips from T49 fans how to get the best out of this tank? Thanks and good hunting...

Szympus1194 #2 Posted 14 April 2019 - 11:17 PM

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 22932 battles

View PostJanneVee23, on 14 April 2019 - 10:21 PM, said:

After being used to a fully upgraded Bulldog the T49 takes a while to get used to...it's slow, turns like a truck and handles like a sloth overall...

Any tips from T49 fans how to get the best out of this tank? Thanks and good hunting...

FREE XP :trollface:

JanneVee23 #3 Posted 15 April 2019 - 01:22 AM

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 15729 battles

View PostSzympus1194, on 14 April 2019 - 11:17 PM, said:

FREE XP :trollface:

Yeah right...and to be honest I am sorely tempted but 50k just for the first upgrade => ouch

Other than that?

FRlGHTKNIGHT #4 Posted 15 April 2019 - 06:10 AM

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 9243 battles
  • [ASYLM]
Xp boosts?

SpandexRockstar #5 Posted 15 April 2019 - 10:34 AM

Sergeant

• Players
  • 21564 battles
  • [OD1N]
Octane, clutch braking and off road driving will help a bit. It's great tank, but active scouting when stock is tricky, go more passive until you get the good stuff.

olemanbyers #6 Posted 15 April 2019 - 01:57 PM

Captain

• Players
  • 8225 battles

i only remember it as a tier 8 and i would just spam HEP rounds at anything i thought it would damage. it looks like it has an actual gun now.

Saerbhreathach #7 Posted 15 April 2019 - 06:16 PM

Major

• Beta Tester
  • 21901 battles

Don't assume the conventional passive/active scout role as long as you're stock. Hang close to back up and play kinda selfishly assume a more supportive role, you're not equipped enough to deal with other scouts. Once you get the 90mm gun and the last engine the tank really picks up, you can flip from passive to active scout on the fly easily whenever needed and it's a pretty reliable 90mm. When you unlock the 152mm you again need to stop thinking like a conventional scout and assume a more supportive role due to it's long reload. But for now hang with bigger tanks to absorb spotting assist while also bagging some tracking assists damage and/or actual damage. 

I recommend equipping optics, gun ram and vert stabs, this is the normal set up I use on all my scouts, I also carry a large med kit, and two large repair kits or a large repair kit and a small one. You get tracked early on and have to waste a repair kit you'll be kicking yourself later on when you really need it.....so I opted for two repair kits over carrying a fire extinguisher, if you get lit up it's usually game over anyway extinguisher or no as the scout cause of your low HP pool...so IMO it's kinda pointless to carry one if it's going to be a waste.... ;):)

Edited for correctness.

JanneVee23 #8 Posted 17 April 2019 - 02:52 AM

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 15729 battles

View PostSaerbhreathach, on 15 April 2019 - 06:16 PM, said:

Don't assume the conventional passive/active scout role as long as you're stock. Hang close to back up and play kinda selfishly assume a more supportive role, you're not equipped enough to deal with other scouts. Once you get the 90mm gun and the last engine the tank really picks up, you can flip from passive to active scout on the fly easily whenever needed and it's a pretty reliable 90mm. When you unlock the 152mm you again need to stop thinking like a conventional scout and assume a more supportive role due to it's long reload. But for now hang with bigger tanks to absorb spotting assist while also bagging some tracking assists damage and/or actual damage. 

I recommend equipping optics, gun ram and vert stabs, this is the normal set up I use on all my scouts, I also carry a large med kit, and two large repair kits or a large repair kit and a small one. You get tracked early on and have to waste a repair kit you'll be kicking yourself later on when you really need it.....so I opted for two repair kits over carrying a fire extinguisher, if you get lit up it's usually game over anyway extinguisher or no as the scout cause of your low HP pool...so IMO it's kinda pointless to carry one if it's going to be a waste.... ;):)

Edited for correctness.

Thanks for the advice 

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users