I feel really bad now.

• Please log in to reply
32 replies to this topic

FusionStar287 #1 Posted 15 April 2019 - 05:32 AM

Major

• Beta Tester
  • 19112 battles
  • [JOCO]

So, I do seal club from time to time, mostly just to take out enemy seal clubbers, and usually I find myself finished and done with each match before long. However, I just finished a game that took quite a bit longer, and to be honest I feel really bad about it. To summarize quickly, I played the SU-76i and ended up in a 7v7 tier IV game on Ghost Town. Well, after a while I was left last alive and quickly and easily knocked out the remaining two seal clubbers on the enemy team who were in a Matilda and a Pz. B2, and that left me along vs. a Pz. IIJ of all tanks. Obviously I could have just finished him off, but I noticed that it was an Encounter battle, he was capping, and I had plenty of time left. So, I spent the next couple minutes keeping him in the cap circle, letting him shoot my side and rear, and waited to finish him off until after he had more than 70 capture points. The worst part is that it turned out that this player still had less than 2k battles played so far.

So, for committing crimes against WoT and her people, what can be said in my defense? I mean, the enemy team did consist of almost nothing but seal clubbers while my team were nothing but newer players, but at the same time I did bully a relativity new player, making me the very thing I swore to destroy. I wonder how many games of bad RNG I'll be put through as punishment... :hiding:

"My dear brothers, take note of this: Men should be quick to listen, slow to speak, and slow to become angry, for man's anger does not bring about the righteous life that God desires." ~ James 1: 19-20

"wefWEGFRF" - RaiBOT01, 2017

Fumbled Time #2 Posted 15 April 2019 - 05:47 AM

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 13587 battles
  • [STUKS]
You can find repentance by messaging them and offering your knowledge and promoting a good sportsmanship.:honoring:

FRlGHTKNIGHT #3 Posted 15 April 2019 - 06:17 AM

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 6399 battles
  • [ASYLM]
You could offer to platoon with some newbies. Teach them a thing or two.

tankmurdoc #4 Posted 15 April 2019 - 06:35 AM

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 39834 battles

What makes you think he was a nube? Could of been a re-roll account. Just a real mis-match in vehicles.

FusionStar287 #5 Posted 15 April 2019 - 06:42 AM

Major

• Beta Tester
  • 19112 battles
  • [JOCO]

View PostFumbled Time, on 15 April 2019 - 12:47 AM, said:

You can find repentance by messaging them and offering your knowledge and promoting a good sportsmanship.:honoring:

I actually did message him both to apologize and to tell him GG, but he never responded.

"My dear brothers, take note of this: Men should be quick to listen, slow to speak, and slow to become angry, for man's anger does not bring about the righteous life that God desires." ~ James 1: 19-20

"wefWEGFRF" - RaiBOT01, 2017

Fumbled Time #6 Posted 15 April 2019 - 07:40 AM

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 13587 battles
  • [STUKS]
Good on you Fusion!
You did your part, now get back out there and club some more seal clubbers. :D

JelliedPenny08 #7 Posted 15 April 2019 - 09:10 AM

Major

• Players
  • 13984 battles

View PostFusionStar287, on 15 April 2019 - 06:42 AM, said:

I actually did message him both to apologize and to tell him GG, but he never responded.

Then I think you did your bit. Honestly, he was a pretty well.armoured seal in his 2J, which could have indicated that he wasn't a seal at all. 

This stuff happens, either you avoid low tiers altogether or eventually you accidentally step on someone. I platooned up with my youngest son the other day to help him get to tier 3. It was bonkers. But I don't normally use those tanks and just rolled out in them assuming they had raw crews in them. It was only in 1 battle where his friend was spectating me after he died and asked what 6th Sense was that I realised 1 of the crews had a couple of skills. I'd obviously shuffled crews at some point - genuine mistake but felt a bit dirty. At least I found another crew though! I also hope that talking them through the battles helped a noob or 2 somewhere along the line. 

Dyslexsticks #8 Posted 15 April 2019 - 11:25 AM

Major

• Players
  • 33329 battles
  • [BNKR]

We ran platoons of US Sexton 1s if I remember correctly.

So I don't buy this sudden remorse.

Did you manage to stand my post? You might like: My Twitch Channel | My YouTube Channel | My Twitter (fixed!)My Xbox to YouTube Guide

XERXEZS #9 Posted 15 April 2019 - 11:36 AM

Major

• Players
  • 23938 battles
Never understood seal clubbers if they win is because they're beating up on the lowies, don't see any accomplishment in that.

redshadowrider #10 Posted 15 April 2019 - 11:53 AM

Major

• Players
  • 34312 battles

You should be commended for only killing other seal clubbers.  Unfortunately, I am still unsure how you know that's what they are before the battle is over.  After all, you only get about 15-20 seconds before the battle starts to look them up.   :trollface:

If WG didn't want us playing the lower tiers, I figure they would stop giving us lower tier tanks.  

I'm just saying.....

ATHFjman18 #11 Posted 15 April 2019 - 12:44 PM

Major

• Players
  • 17076 battles
  • [JOCO]

Just admit to the seal clubbing and move on...everybody does it. WG has even provided us with some of the tools needed to seal club for free.

Don't be painting some “white knight” picture about seal clubbing only to kill other seal clubbers!

For example:

View PostDyslexsticks, on 15 April 2019 - 06:25 AM, said:

We ran platoons of US Sexton 1s if I remember correctly.

So I don't buy this sudden remorse.

:trollface:

FromBravo2Kilo #12 Posted 15 April 2019 - 12:57 PM

Major

• Players
  • 19874 battles
  • [47R]
Just tell yourself that you stopped others from clubbing and helped newer players win.  As someone said, maybe team up with some newer players.  I’ve been having some rough matches/teammates lately.  As much as I would like to take out my frustration, I’ve passed.   Although I’m really itching to run the V/IV.  

Ronin Gaidin #13 Posted 15 April 2019 - 01:08 PM

Major

• Beta Tester
  • 32533 battles

Deliberately farming a Defender medal.........   never seen that one before. Hopefully that is never an Op/Contract requirement. 

Your story made me think of a scene from The Princess Bride.

The Man in Black: Look, are you just fiddling around with me or what?
Fezzik: I just want you to feel that you're doing well. I hate for people to die embarrassed. [swings and misses] You're quick!

Albapfalzd3 #14 Posted 15 April 2019 - 01:08 PM

Major

• Players
  • 18997 battles

View PostATHFjman18, on 15 April 2019 - 12:44 PM, said:

Just admit to the seal clubbing and move on...everybody does it. WG has even provided us with some of the tools needed to seal club for free.

Don't be painting some “white knight” picture about seal clubbing only to kill other seal clubbers!

For example:

:trollface:

This is true, I do find my self from time to time down in Tier II/III/and IV country but I find myself down there less and less over time. About the only time I go down there now is when I am training a brand new crew but I have found that I can do that even more effectively and quickly using Tier V tanks. 

Roy

Hypocrite #15 Posted 15 April 2019 - 02:44 PM

Captain

• Players
  • 28675 battles
  • [BUNNY]

View PostFusionStar287, on 14 April 2019 - 11:32 PM, said:

So, I do seal club from time to time, mostly just to take out enemy seal clubbers, and usually I find myself finished and done with each match before long. However, I just finished a game that took quite a bit longer, and to be honest I feel really bad about it. To summarize quickly, I played the SU-76i and ended up in a 7v7 tier IV game on Ghost Town. Well, after a while I was left last alive and quickly and easily knocked out the remaining two seal clubbers on the enemy team who were in a Matilda and a Pz. B2, and that left me along vs. a Pz. IIJ of all tanks. Obviously I could have just finished him off, but I noticed that it was an Encounter battle, he was capping, and I had plenty of time left. So, I spent the next couple minutes keeping him in the cap circle, letting him shoot my side and rear, and waited to finish him off until after he had more than 70 capture points. The worst part is that it turned out that this player still had less than 2k battles played so far.

So, for committing crimes against WoT and her people, what can be said in my defense? I mean, the enemy team did consist of almost nothing but seal clubbers while my team were nothing but newer players, but at the same time I did bully a relativity new player, making me the very thing I swore to destroy. I wonder how many games of bad RNG I'll be put through as punishment... :hiding:

I run into this problem whenever I play Tier 4 or below - it just always seems that someone with under 200 battles will wander in front of my gun and explode, causing me to feel guilty for raining all over their parade. I, however, have developed a solution:

Make Killing New Players Expensive For Myself

That's right!

Kill someone who's only been playing for 2 weeks? Gift that guy some Premium Time & Garage Slots from the Store!

Blow up some Tanker with 75 Battles under their belt? Congratulations, you're getting some Premium Time & Garage Slots from the Store!

Kill a Clan-Tagged player in a 5-Man Platoon where everyone has played 20,000 matches? Feel Nothing!

That's right! By making almost EVERY game played under Tier 5 cost at least $5 to play I've broken the habit - and you can, too!

:great:

Yes-Man WarGaming Shill since 2014

"you've made your fanboy status and unwillingness to admit anything other than sony sucks and Microsoft are gods clear do you have any actual point beyond that though" - TemplarKnight75

ATHFjman18 #16 Posted 15 April 2019 - 02:46 PM

Major

• Players
  • 17076 battles
  • [JOCO]

View PostAlbapfalzd3, on 15 April 2019 - 08:08 AM, said:

This is true, I do find my self from time to time down in Tier II/III/and IV country but I find myself down there less and less over time. About the only time I go down there now is when I am training a brand new crew but I have found that I can do that even more effectively and quickly using Tier V tanks. 

Roy

Crew training or not. It’s a primal urge to club. Have 3-4 losses in a row at tier VIII?...time to take it out on the noobies at tier II/III to calm the nerves. Don’t feel bad.

You should feel bad when you have say 5,000+ battles in a Sexton or T-Rex, for example. 

Hypocrite #17 Posted 15 April 2019 - 02:50 PM

Captain

• Players
  • 28675 battles
  • [BUNNY]

View PostATHFjman18, on 15 April 2019 - 08:46 AM, said:

You should feel bad when you have say 5,000+ battles in a Sexton or T-Rex, for example. 

You should feel bad long before you've hit 5,000 battles in a Sexton or T-Rex - having that as your shame threshold is like arguing someone isn't a serial killer because they have fewer than 50 victims.

:P

Yes-Man WarGaming Shill since 2014

"you've made your fanboy status and unwillingness to admit anything other than sony sucks and Microsoft are gods clear do you have any actual point beyond that though" - TemplarKnight75

Bibo1GerUk #18 Posted 15 April 2019 - 04:15 PM

Major

• Players
  • 26043 battles

View PostFusionStar287, on 15 April 2019 - 06:32 AM, said:

So, I do seal club from time to time, mostly just to take out enemy seal clubbers

I stopped taking you seriously here. If you want to play lower tiers to blow off steam or whatever that's totally fine. Just don't make excuses.

Remember, it's just a game!

My little Youtube channel aka YeOldeGamer: https://www.youtube....xVCaFCLg/videos

PinkishOcean430 #19 Posted 15 April 2019 - 04:34 PM

Corporal

• Players
  • 2703 battles
  • [UMFF5]

View PostRonin Gaidin, on 15 April 2019 - 01:08 PM, said:

Deliberately farming a Defender medal.........   never seen that one before. Hopefully that is never an Op/Contract requirement. 

Your story made me think of a scene from The Princess Bride.

The Man in Black: Look, are you just fiddling around with me or what?
Fezzik: I just want you to feel that you're doing well. I hate for people to die embarrassed. [swings and misses] You're quick!

I have, a couple times.  Game is done, loss is inevitable but you are not spotted or bulk of enemies were last spotted far away while one or more caps.  Wait as long as possible before appearing and trying to get a defender medal.  I do what I can to get a hero medal in losses during grinds, especially when low tier/stock/both

SandM9 #20 Posted 15 April 2019 - 05:35 PM

Major

• Beta Tester
  • 30066 battles

View PostBibo1GerUk, on 15 April 2019 - 09:15 AM, said:

I stopped taking you seriously here. If you want to play lower tiers to blow off steam or whatever that's totally fine. Just don't make excuses.

Yup. I just about fell out.and thought, "Well if it isn't the Lone Ranger out on the plains protecting the innocent folk from russlers and hostiles".

The irony of "seal clubbing" is when your team of seals clubs you.

Welcome to the forums. Where you can call people stupid, just don't call them passive-aggressive.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users