Help an ex-console player choose ?

• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

Knot3D #1 Posted 15 April 2019 - 01:08 PM

Major

• Players
  • 22828 battles

Ok, so December last year I migrated from Europe to the Philippines to start my own business and a new life. 

This also meant, I had to give up WOTconsole, because...well XBL in the Philippines is dead/sucks.

Still... I missed tanks. 

I could get a PS4 ...but then again, I also needed a new laptop for the business....the logical way to playing tanks again was WOT PC Asia.

Of course, this meant having to start all over again and having to adjust to the PC version ; Graphics are gorgeous, but at best I am merely passable at WASD, so I use a Nintendo Switch JoyCon for tank movement. 

Now, I have completed bootcamp and they give new accounts this tier 6 token, which grants you any regular tier 6 tank for free - I can't make up my mind !

So far, I have the Pz Jager 1, Hetzer, Stug IIIG, Jagdpanzer IV and KanonenJagdpanzer 105 - I am very much into TD play again just like on my Xbox account;

Spoiler

With that in mind, I was thinking about any of these: 

- SU-100: I really like it on console too, but maybe I shouldn't because I already play so much turretless TD. 

- T34-85: Still seems to be a favorite here on PC and I like my T34-88 on Xbox, but then again... maybe I tend to not play mediums so much...

- Churchill VII: Yeah, it's not highly regarded on PC either, but....I love my British Bulldog on Xbox and it would offer a fresh variation of playstyle to my usual TD-ing around.

- Churchill Gun Carrier: the experimental masochist in me says I could make it work just as well on PC as I do on Xbox....but maybe I shouldn't ?

Any other suggestions with good or funny reasons to try them ? 

CamaroGuy96 #2 Posted 15 April 2019 - 02:21 PM

First lieutenant

• Beta Tester
  • 9207 battles
I would ask which of the tier VIs that you want have no tanks earlier in the line that you want? Go with the one that cuts out a grind you don't care for.

XBOX ONE 

Garage has too many tanks to list now...

TocFanKe4 #3 Posted 15 April 2019 - 02:31 PM

Major

• Players
  • 19840 battles
  • [GIRLS]
Maybe ask the PC forum?  There are enough differences between PC and console that I don't know if our advice would be worth anything.  Something that's good here might be bad on PC. 

I'm not Camping, I'm Glamping

tankmurdoc #4 Posted 15 April 2019 - 03:35 PM

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 39834 battles
Jackson.

LignoTestudon #5 Posted 15 April 2019 - 04:08 PM

Sergeant

• Players
  • 5653 battles
  • [CNUT]

View PostKnot3D, on 15 April 2019 - 08:08 AM, said:

Ok, so December last year I migrated from Europe to the Philippines to start my own business and a new life. 

This also meant, I had to give up WOTconsole, because...well XBL in the Philippines is dead/sucks.

Still... I missed tanks. 

I could get a PS4 ...but then again, I also needed a new laptop for the business....the logical way to playing tanks again was WOT PC Asia.

Of course, this meant having to start all over again and having to adjust to the PC version ; Graphics are gorgeous, but at best I am merely passable at WASD, so I use a Nintendo Switch JoyCon for tank movement. 

Now, I have completed bootcamp and they give new accounts this tier 6 token, which grants you any regular tier 6 tank for free - I can't make up my mind !

So far, I have the Pz Jager 1, Hetzer, Stug IIIG, Jagdpanzer IV and KanonenJagdpanzer 105 - I am very much into TD play again just like on my Xbox account;

Spoiler

With that in mind, I was thinking about any of these: 

- SU-100: I really like it on console too, but maybe I shouldn't because I already play so much turretless TD. 

- T34-85: Still seems to be a favorite here on PC and I like my T34-88 on Xbox, but then again... maybe I tend to not play mediums so much...

- Churchill VII: Yeah, it's not highly regarded on PC either, but....I love my British Bulldog on Xbox and it would offer a fresh variation of playstyle to my usual TD-ing around.

- Churchill Gun Carrier: the experimental masochist in me says I could make it work just as well on PC as I do on Xbox....but maybe I shouldn't ?

Any other suggestions with good or funny reasons to try them ? 

I think you should keep an eye on win rates because they matter, as far as tanks and their guns' performances go. I still like my Churchill Gun Carrier. You still like yours, too. I like those current barracks on the WoT PC better than the Console kind.

Knot3D #6 Posted 15 April 2019 - 05:59 PM

Major

• Players
  • 22828 battles

View PostLignoTestudon, on 15 April 2019 - 05:08 PM, said:

I think you should keep an eye on win rates because they matter, as far as tanks and their guns' performances go. I still like my Churchill Gun Carrier. You still like yours, too. I like those current barracks on the WoT PC better than the Console kind.

There is more flexibility on PC. On the flipside, the common skills sort of require you to have them on all crewmembers before a common skill/perk becomes fully effective. So you'll grind BIA for all members instead of just the commander. It makes logical sense, but it' s still a bit of a pain.

Winrate ? 

Haha..well, on Xbox I was near 57 overall WR. 

While starting from scratch on PC here I'm at about 48 WR after roughly 275 battles. So yeah, I feel like back to being a noob again with my scrub crews.

I guess I'm leaning towards the SU-100 ...or the Churchill VII at the moment....

JelliedPenny08 #7 Posted 15 April 2019 - 06:14 PM

Major

• Players
  • 13984 battles

I just started playing the Churchill VII again after a break playing other tanks. I'm just doing x2s in it and the BB each day, but I'm enjoying it again. 

Is the Hellcat an option? Although a TD, you can play it many ways... or maybe a Firefly? 

DrHorrible4Life #8 Posted 16 April 2019 - 01:12 AM

Major

• Beta Tester
  • 11474 battles

There are a couple of lines where the tier 5 branches to 2 tier 6s.  Like the M4.

I'd pick a tank like the jumbo or easy 8.

suicidalblues #9 Posted 16 April 2019 - 11:44 AM

Captain

• Supertest - PS4
  • 38614 battles
  • [WOFT]
I wouldn't look at the tier 6, I'd look at the rest of the line. By that I mean which one is a shortcut that leads to a tier 9 or 10 that you'd really like?

Knot3D #10 Posted 18 April 2019 - 07:32 AM

Major

• Players
  • 22828 battles

View Postsuicidalblues, on 16 April 2019 - 12:44 PM, said:

I wouldn't look at the tier 6, I'd look at the rest of the line. By that I mean which one is a shortcut that leads to a tier 9 or 10 that you'd really like?

Upon some reflection, you're right. I'm not interested in tier 9 or 10's but I've been eyeing the Object 416 on console for a while now, so I'll use the token for the A-43. Thanks again for the tip !

XERXEZS #11 Posted 18 April 2019 - 09:09 AM

Major

• Players
  • 23938 battles
Wrong forums buddy, wot pc forums would be better informed than us.

DrHorrible4Life #12 Posted 18 April 2019 - 02:45 PM

Major

• Beta Tester
  • 11474 battles

View PostKnot3D, on 18 April 2019 - 07:32 AM, said:

Upon some reflection, you're right. I'm not interested in tier 9 or 10's but I've been eyeing the Object 416 on console for a while now, so I'll use the token for the A-43. Thanks again for the tip !

You're taking a shortcut to the worst tier 7 in the game.  The 416 is awesome though.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users