suggestions

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

choppermeir #1 Posted 15 April 2019 - 09:45 PM

Captain

• Players
  • 8601 battles
  • [FILTH]

Evening all. While I've been streaming in the past myself and chat have often discussed new ideas and things we would like to see in game and one that strikes me is that WG is still relying on the big purchases more than anything to generate money (Premium time/Premium tanks) and this just seems a little old fashioned to me in the current gaming market. 

Large purchases like premium time and tanks while yes it will always be there, there's only so many variants before people start to say enough is enough and only buy premium time or the odd tank on rare occasions. So why haven't WG followed the trend of micro transactions?, it strikes me as odd that despite all the huge games out there shifting over to micro transactions (even the likes of EA) that we still have the same old large purchase system. I know we can purchase camo/prem rounds/consumables but let's be honest if it can be bought with silver why bother?.

So what sort of things would these be?.

Ok so you can buy a loot crate as a micro transaction but it is hit and miss what you get, how about being able to purchase elite skins? it works in pretty much every other game from Fortnite to Rainbow six siege, I don't mean a skin that gives any in game benefit just a purely cosmetic skin that takes makes your tank look great (possibly)  a lot of us have those tech tree tanks we just won't sell and it would be good to make them stand out. To start and to keep it really simple they could allow you to buy the HMH skin for your unskinned versions for example, or you have a tech tree tiger 1 but want it to look like the Citadel, buy the skin. You'd still buy the premium version because of it's silver and XP boosts. Even the tier X skins from PC could be ported over and then sold as a micro transaction.

The real big one I know quite a few want is to be able to buy thing like ammo crates/bedding/camo net etc and be able to put them on our tanks where we see fit, I imagine there would be a lot to make that happen but at the same time I imagine it would bring in a LOT of money making it worthwhile.Not to mention the competition but War Thunder really has it nailed when it comes to customisation and while i don't expect that level on console the ability to make your tank a little different would certainly be a great addition.

Thanks for reading.

Thoughts?

Edited by choppermeir, 15 April 2019 - 09:46 PM.

Streaming over on http://www.twitch.tv/choppermeir 

HomicidalApple0 #2 Posted 15 April 2019 - 09:59 PM

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 2616 battles
I would love if they would add in other skins, only available with gold even, that can make you stand out. I think pc can do more customization with it but I know with the 360 supported that’s a hoop that can’t be jumped through. But I do wish they’d give us more variety, somethjng that really pops. Other than a full on reskinned tank.
There’s a few like the borsig and kv2 that would surely get special treatment from me.

markyjmeech #3 Posted 15 April 2019 - 10:58 PM

Major

• WoTC Ambassador
  • 30749 battles
  • [B-W-P]

Nice thread interesting proposals and some valid points :honoring:

Hopefully skins can become a thing for TT tanks like on PC  :)

A prestigious member of the Senior Technical Engineer Club 

Twitch channel if anyone is interested  https://www.twitch.tv/markyjmeech Twitter @Markyjmeech Discord Markyjmeech SZQWCz9.jpg

SuperSherman44 #4 Posted 16 April 2019 - 01:07 AM

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 20095 battles
I like it:)
I Heart The Sherman (Best tank of WWII)

choppermeir #5 Posted 16 April 2019 - 09:46 PM

Captain

• Players
  • 8601 battles
  • [FILTH]
Hmm maybe I should have complained about the game being rigged or something
Streaming over on http://www.twitch.tv/choppermeir 

markyjmeech #6 Posted 16 April 2019 - 09:50 PM

Major

• WoTC Ambassador
  • 30749 battles
  • [B-W-P]

View Postchoppermeir, on 16 April 2019 - 09:46 PM, said:

Hmm maybe I should have complained about the game being rigged or something

No :teethhappy:

A prestigious member of the Senior Technical Engineer Club 

Twitch channel if anyone is interested  https://www.twitch.tv/markyjmeech Twitter @Markyjmeech Discord Markyjmeech SZQWCz9.jpg

Also tagged with suggestions

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users