Notre Dame Cathedral decals

France french support notre dame flag insignia decal

• Please log in to reply
61 replies to this topic

Ditch Doc #1 Posted 16 April 2019 - 12:39 AM

Corporal

• Players
  • 20071 battles

I was serving overseas when 911 happened, and one of the only good things I can remember from those days was the outpouring of support and concern for our country shown by foreign individuals and community leaders. They dressed in their finest somber clothing, and came to the building where the Americans lived, and they told us they grieved for our country. It was really something, because this was in a country where two factions were killing each other, and leaders from both parties crossed the lines to offer us words of comfort.

Now, I’m not trying to compare the Notre Dame fire with a terrorist act, but it can’t be denied that the French people must be hurting right now. I just would like to be able to fly a flag or mark my tanks with a decal that lets French players know we are thinking about them. Like maybe a silhouette of Notre Dame on a French flag. Just a way to say that people care. I realise there are French Flags, but I don’t think anyone will notice a tank with a normal French flag. They’ll just assume it’s a French player.

This is just an idea to spread a little good will. Let me know what you think.

“They’re trying to kill me,” Yossarian told him calmly.

”No one’s trying to kill you,” Clevinger cried.

”Then why are they shooting at me?” Yossarian asked.

”They’re shooting at everyone,” Clevinger answered. “They’re trying to kill everyone.”

”And what difference does that make?” Joseph Heller, Catch-22

killer etzi0 #2 Posted 16 April 2019 - 12:55 AM

Major

• Players
  • 58653 battles
  • [47R]
I would pay some gold for a special French flag, if WG was open to donating a good portion of said monies to the French. 

"When you can't make them see the light, make them feel the heat."

Ronald Reagan

P6X330 #3 Posted 16 April 2019 - 12:56 AM

Major

• Supertest - PS4
  • 15927 battles
  • [AMXS]

This is very thoughtful of you...

Notre Dame de Paris did not only belong to the French people, but to the world. It was a symbol, being the tallest monument at the time of its built in Paris.

It is unfathomable that such a monument could catch fire. It will be rebuilt, but it will never be the same.

At this point, we do not even know the extent of the tragedy, what if anything could be saved....

there are no words....

Bad teams are in the same battle. Good teams work together! don't complain, contribute.

Ditch Doc #4 Posted 16 April 2019 - 12:59 AM

Corporal

• Players
  • 20071 battles
Absolutely. Totally agree with you, Killer Etzi0. I would too. That was the original thought.  I only didn’t lead with that for fear of people comparing the worth of various causes. But yes. I want to pay to help remake Notre Dame.

”They’re shooting at everyone,” Clevinger answered. “They’re trying to kill everyone.”

Ditch Doc #5 Posted 16 April 2019 - 01:03 AM

Corporal

• Players
  • 20071 battles

View PostP6X330, on 16 April 2019 - 12:56 AM, said:

This is very thoughtful of you...

Notre Dame de Paris did not only belong to the French people, but to the world. It was a symbol, being the tallest monument at the time of its built in Paris.

It is unfathomable that such a monument could catch fire. It will be rebuilt, but it will never be the same.

At this point, we do not even know the extent of the tragedy, what if anything could be saved....

there are no words....

That’s how I feel too. I went to Notre Dame in the ‘90s. But my kids have never been to Paris. And I have to admit I got tear in my eyes when I saw it burning on the news today.

RUNNINGDUDE1 #6 Posted 16 April 2019 - 01:46 AM

Major

• Supertest - Xbox 360
  • 23930 battles
Had some family that lived in France before moving to Germany. Sad to see such an incredible icon that server such an importance to the citizens be destroyed. If anything, I would donate to them

DANCING FLAMES #7 Posted 16 April 2019 - 01:55 AM

Captain

• Beta Tester
  • 41700 battles
Can we do something like what WG did for the USS Texas. 

Cpl Derren #8 Posted 16 April 2019 - 02:13 AM

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 28426 battles
  • [IMTLZ]

I support this idea! but last I remember WG saying that it takes at least a month for an emblem to go through the whole process. So by the time such an emblem came out the impact may be much less than it is right now. :(

Come watch me on Twitch! Simply search: cpl_derren

Check out my YouTube channel WoTC Academy!  https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCZCURXxiHul8a_9hRcgfpmA

deadman1921 #9 Posted 16 April 2019 - 02:19 AM

Captain

• Players
  • 28825 battles
  • [-STO-]
It brought me to tears.

I went to France while I was stationed in Germany.

Seeing the Cathedral was one of the highlights of my life.

Soldiers of the One/ #GlenIsOurs

Ditch Doc #10 Posted 16 April 2019 - 02:38 AM

Corporal

• Players
  • 20071 battles

View PostDANCING FLAMES, on 16 April 2019 - 01:55 AM, said:

Can we do something like what WG did for the USS Texas. 

I had to look it up, but yes, that would be a good idea.

View PostCpl Derren, on 16 April 2019 - 02:13 AM, said:

I support this idea! but last I remember WG saying that it takes at least a month for an emblem to go through the whole process. So by the time such an emblem came out the impact may be much less than it is right now. :(

Yeah, hard to avoid the delay, and I’m sure the impact would be lessened...but they’ll be rebuilding for years. I’d like to try to do something.

View Postdeadman1921, on 16 April 2019 - 02:19 AM, said:

It brought me to tears.

I went to France while I was stationed in Germany.

Seeing the Cathedral was one of the highlights of my life.

Me too. My brother who was in college came and visited me in Germany. I hid him in my barracks and then we went on a Eurorail tour of France and Spain. He had French friends who had been exchange students, and we stayed with them and they took us all around Paris. It was one of the highlights of my time in Europe. Notre Dame was breathtaking. I could never understand how people would have the patience to build something they would never even get to see completed. Anytime we lose history it makes me sad for future people.

HomicidalApple0 #11 Posted 16 April 2019 - 03:19 AM

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 2919 battles
I always love ideas like this and would fully support helping any situation thatcis as tragic as things like this.

desert000fox #12 Posted 16 April 2019 - 03:31 AM

Captain

• Players
  • 34279 battles
  • [JOCO]

Salma Hayeks hubby has donated 100 million Euros..

Firstly hes married to Salma Hayek..and hes a billionaire....

where did I go wrong  :(

tankmurdoc #13 Posted 16 April 2019 - 06:18 AM

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 44135 battles
I have 34 free flags that I have not used. I think I will put French flags on all of my premiums tomorrow. I agree with the OP, they have always been there for us.

WidowMaker1711 #14 Posted 16 April 2019 - 06:56 AM

Major

• Players
  • 11806 battles
  • [BNKR]

View Postdesert000fox, on 16 April 2019 - 03:31 AM, said:

Salma Hayeks hubby has donated 100 million Euros..

Firstly hes married to Salma Hayek..and hes a billionaire....

where did I go wrong  :(

By not being French to start with????

For Russ and the Allfather

miju irl #15 Posted 16 April 2019 - 06:56 AM

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 16308 battles
  • [IRL]

View PostCpl Derren, on 16 April 2019 - 02:13 AM, said:

They will be many , many years repairing the cathedral 

P6X330 #16 Posted 16 April 2019 - 11:53 AM

Major

• Supertest - PS4
  • 15927 battles
  • [AMXS]

View Postmiju irl, on 16 April 2019 - 12:56 AM, said:

They will be many , many years repairing the cathedral 

This morning, listening to the radio, it is estimated to be between 20 to 25 years, at this point.

Fortunately, it seems that a lot of the treasures held inside could be saved, including the XVth century built Organ....

On the brighter side, the donations have been pouring in, starting with all the major French companies, but not limited to.

So far, the inquiry seems to indicate no ill-will, but an unfortunate incident due to the ongoing restoration works on the spire. They are securing the Cathedral before the investigation can really start.

Bad teams are in the same battle. Good teams work together! don't complain, contribute.

MegladonALPHA #17 Posted 16 April 2019 - 12:53 PM

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 27216 battles
I am down. When I went to Notre Dame, I was blown away by the craftsmanship on display. The 8 hours I spent walking the grounds there was inspiring to a 19 year old county hick who had never been out of his state before. After my stint in the army was over, immediately started on my degree in history. One of the area of study was cathedrals. What hurt me yesterday was thinking of all that work, over the last 8 centuries, the hand carved wood, the stone work, the marble work all burning as I watched. So much real history was lost yesterday.

ArnaudMoa #18 Posted 16 April 2019 - 02:12 PM

Sergeant

• Players
  • 26053 battles

View PostP6X330, on 16 April 2019 - 12:53 PM, said:

On the brighter side, the donations have been pouring in, starting with all the major French companies, but not limited to.

Several benefactors or companies have already offered 700 million euros in donations, and the official National Heritage site has opened a call for donations.

https://don.fondation-patrimoine.org

WidowMaker1711 #19 Posted 16 April 2019 - 03:09 PM

Major

• Players
  • 11806 battles
  • [BNKR]

View PostMegladonALPHA, on 16 April 2019 - 12:53 PM, said:

I am down. When I went to Notre Dame, I was blown away by the craftsmanship on display. The 8 hours I spent walking the grounds there was inspiring to a 19 year old county hick who had never been out of his state before. After my stint in the army was over, immediately started on my degree in history. One of the area of study was cathedrals. What hurt me yesterday was thinking of all that work, over the last 8 centuries, the hand carved wood, the stone work, the marble work all burning as I watched. So much real history was lost yesterday.

There are Master Stonemasons and Carpenters all across Europe working on similar Ancient Monuments. People who will undoubtedly lend their considerable expertise and skills to the rebuild. 

For Russ and the Allfather

x_BAlN_x #20 Posted 16 April 2019 - 03:30 PM

Major

• Players
  • 59652 battles

View PostP6X330, on 16 April 2019 - 05:53 AM, said:

This morning, listening to the radio, it is estimated to be between 20 to 25 years, at this point.

Fortunately, it seems that a lot of the treasures held inside could be saved, including the XVth century built Organ....

So far, the inquiry seems to indicate no ill-will, but an unfortunate incident due to the ongoing restoration works on the spire. They are securing the Cathedral before the investigation can really start.

Although the renovation may have started the fire it also saved a lot of the treasures. They had been moved because of the renovation.

Also tagged with France, french, support, notre dame, flag, insignia, decal

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users