Jump to content


Notre Dame Cathedral decals

France french support notre dame flag insignia decal

  • Please log in to reply
61 replies to this topic

WidowMaker1711 #21 Posted 16 April 2019 - 03:52 PM

    Major

  • Players
  • 11583 battles
  • 9,942
  • [BNKR]
  • Member since:
    02-12-2014

View Postx_BAlN_x, on 16 April 2019 - 03:30 PM, said:

Although the renovation may have started the fire it also saved a lot of the treasures. They had been moved because of the renovation.

 

Thankfully the copper angels and the gargoyles had been removed for restoration already. 


For Russ and the Allfather

 

 


Koncorde #22 Posted 16 April 2019 - 03:58 PM

    Captain

  • Players
  • 24459 battles
  • 1,746
  • Member since:
    06-08-2014
I have to say, putting a scene of tragedy on a flag seems somewhat odd choice.

As Bill Hicks said (paraphrased), "like going up to Jesus wearing a crucifix, or Jackie Kennedy with a rifle pendant."

Ditch Doc #23 Posted 17 April 2019 - 01:06 AM

    Corporal

  • Players
  • 18744 battles
  • 80
  • Member since:
    07-31-2014

View PostKoncorde, on 16 April 2019 - 03:58 PM, said:

I have to say, putting a scene of tragedy on a flag seems somewhat odd choice.

As Bill Hicks said (paraphrased), "like going up to Jesus wearing a crucifix, or Jackie Kennedy with a rifle pendant."

 

Definitely not how I envisioned it, I didn’t mean a silhouette of the cathedral in its damaged state. Nothing to cause pain. Quite the opposite. Something to show solidarity.

And for that matter, I wasn’t wedded to any particular approach. I’d be ok with any better suggestions. Just  something that says, in essence, we’re thinking of you at this time. I was watching the cathedral burn, and hearing the outpouring of sadness and support from around the world and it seemed like this is one of those rare moments when we get some unity of purpose across the globe. These moments are rare and usually follow tragedy, and only last for a short while. It would be nice if players who chose to could show solidarity, or brotherhood or goodwill, just as a human gesture.



Tempest fox3 #24 Posted 17 April 2019 - 01:33 AM

    Major

  • Beta Tester
  • 20434 battles
  • 17,498
  • [JOCO]
  • Member since:
    08-22-2013

View Postkiller etzi0, on 16 April 2019 - 12:55 AM, said:

I would pay some gold for a special French flag, if WG was open to donating a good portion of said monies to the French. 

 

As long as it's white :trollface:

 

Kidding aside, I would support this idea. 


War is a Democracy and the enemy always gets a vote.

3 MoE's: E-25, M41 Walker Bulldog, E-50, Snakebite, E-75, T32 - In order obtained


Bibo1GerUk #25 Posted 17 April 2019 - 02:33 AM

    Major

  • Players
  • 27379 battles
  • 4,226
  • Member since:
    03-12-2014
If you want to donate something then do it directly. No company or taxes taking a cut. Plus, France has enough money and resources (and possibly Insurance) to cover the costs.

Remember, it's just a game!

My little Youtube channel aka YeOldeGamer: https://www.youtube....xVCaFCLg/videos


XERXEZS #26 Posted 17 April 2019 - 08:40 AM

    Major

  • Players
  • 25867 battles
  • 2,336
  • Member since:
    02-13-2014

No one wants to lose valuables to a fire, but, it's blown out of proportion, the fire was caused by some careless construction workers, if you look around the area where Notre Dame is at all the buildings around it have the same architecture, it's a common architecture from where it's at. WG shouldn't make emblems (waste space) everytime an old building catches fire.

 

Anyways, if WG decided to make it so that a part of your purchase will go to charity then you're better off donating straight to the cathedral, if you donate to the cathedral 100% will go to them, if you purchase the emblem, 99% of the money goes to the bosses and managers and supervisor's of WG, 1% or less could go to the cathedral, key word, could.

 

 

 



Koncorde #27 Posted 17 April 2019 - 09:05 AM

    Captain

  • Players
  • 24459 battles
  • 1,746
  • Member since:
    06-08-2014

View PostDitch Doc, on 17 April 2019 - 01:06 AM, said:

 

Definitely not how I envisioned it, I didn’t mean a silhouette of the cathedral in its damaged state. Nothing to cause pain. Quite the opposite. Something to show solidarity.

And for that matter, I wasn’t wedded to any particular approach. I’d be ok with any better suggestions. Just  something that says, in essence, we’re thinking of you at this time. I was watching the cathedral burn, and hearing the outpouring of sadness and support from around the world and it seemed like this is one of those rare moments when we get some unity of purpose across the globe. These moments are rare and usually follow tragedy, and only last for a short while. It would be nice if players who chose to could show solidarity, or brotherhood or goodwill, just as a human gesture.

 

I get the feeling, but just put a French flag on a tank. Commercialising grief can be a sensitive subject. Even if WG was asked to do it, if they were seen to be profiting in any way there'd be a terrible backlash (there are plenty of tabloids willing to make things horrible to sell a paper).



RadiantPup27709 #28 Posted 17 April 2019 - 09:31 AM

    Major

  • Players
  • 27216 battles
  • 6,351
  • Member since:
    02-06-2014
Nah! Keep religion out of my video game about tanks.


Nuke2099 #29 Posted 17 April 2019 - 09:55 AM

    Major

  • Players
  • 23188 battles
  • 13,916
  • [KMD]
  • Member since:
    02-11-2014

Spoiler

 


Edited by Nuke2099, 17 April 2019 - 09:58 AM.

lQqtvt1.gif

SandM9 #30 Posted 17 April 2019 - 03:41 PM

    Major

  • Beta Tester
  • 32462 battles
  • 3,228
  • Member since:
    08-03-2013

View PostXERXEZS, on 17 April 2019 - 01:40 AM, said:

No one wants to lose valuables to a fire, but, it's blown out of proportion, the fire was caused by some careless construction workers, if you look around the area where Notre Dame is at all the buildings around it have the same architecture, it's a common architecture from where it's at. WG shouldn't make emblems (waste space) everytime an old building catches fire.

 

 

 

 

 

:facepalm:

Welcome to the forums. Where you can call people stupid, just don't call them passive-aggressive.

 

 


Xenith_Inc #31 Posted 17 April 2019 - 03:45 PM

    Major

  • Players
  • 6827 battles
  • 3,475
  • Member since:
    04-15-2017

Notre Dame has burned down several times over the years, and rebuilt each time. 

 

Hundreds of millions has already been donated from the personal wealth of private billionaires top add to the restoration. Personally I'd rather see funds go to humanitarian crises. 


+++Generally found on PS4 EU server from 5 - 9pm CET+++

My YouTube Channel


Bibo1GerUk #32 Posted 17 April 2019 - 03:48 PM

    Major

  • Players
  • 27379 battles
  • 4,226
  • Member since:
    03-12-2014

View PostXenith_Inc, on 17 April 2019 - 04:45 PM, said:

Notre Dame has burned down several times over the years, and rebuilt each time. 

 

Hundreds of millions has already been donated from the personal wealth of private billionaires top add to the restoration. Personally I'd rather see funds go to humanitarian crises. 

 

No-one cares about humans.

Remember, it's just a game!

My little Youtube channel aka YeOldeGamer: https://www.youtube....xVCaFCLg/videos


SandM9 #33 Posted 17 April 2019 - 03:49 PM

    Major

  • Beta Tester
  • 32462 battles
  • 3,228
  • Member since:
    08-03-2013

View PostXenith_Inc, on 17 April 2019 - 08:45 AM, said:

Notre Dame has burned down several times over the years, and rebuilt each time. 

 

Hundreds of millions has already been donated from the personal wealth of private billionaires top add to the restoration. Personally I'd rather see funds go to humanitarian crises. 

 

Really? Please link to the "several times" it has "burned down". 

Welcome to the forums. Where you can call people stupid, just don't call them passive-aggressive.

 

 


MegladonALPHA #34 Posted 17 April 2019 - 03:50 PM

    Staff sergeant

  • Players
  • 26765 battles
  • 490
  • Member since:
    04-25-2015

View PostXERXEZS, on 17 April 2019 - 03:40 AM, said:

No one wants to lose valuables to a fire, but, it's blown out of proportion, the fire was caused by some careless construction workers, if you look around the area where Notre Dame is at all the buildings around it have the same architecture, it's a common architecture from where it's at. WG shouldn't make emblems (waste space) everytime an old building catches fire.

 

Completely disagree with this. Notre Dame is not just like this buildings around it. Its where Joan of Arc was beatified, its where Napoleon was crowned Emperor of France, it houses the best know example of medieval stain glass art in the world (one of the very few in existence). Yeah sure is has the same gothic architecture as the building around it, but that like saying your KV1 is just like your Maus because they are both tanks. 



MegladonALPHA #35 Posted 17 April 2019 - 03:56 PM

    Staff sergeant

  • Players
  • 26765 battles
  • 490
  • Member since:
    04-25-2015

View PostSandM9, on 17 April 2019 - 10:49 AM, said:

 

Really? Please link to the "several times" it has "burned down". 

 

It has burned before, a few times in the 13th century when she was being built. Also during the French Revolution the mobs darn near looted her and burned her to the ground. 

SandM9 #36 Posted 17 April 2019 - 04:05 PM

    Major

  • Beta Tester
  • 32462 battles
  • 3,228
  • Member since:
    08-03-2013

View PostMegladonALPHA, on 17 April 2019 - 08:56 AM, said:

 

It has burned before, a few times in the 13th century when she was being built. Also during the French Revolution the mobs darn near looted her and burned her to the ground. 

 

Really "burned her to the ground"? 

Welcome to the forums. Where you can call people stupid, just don't call them passive-aggressive.

 

 


donny007-THX #37 Posted 17 April 2019 - 07:47 PM

    Major

  • Players
  • 22637 battles
  • 2,649
  • Member since:
    12-18-2017
The building will be fine.  Heck, 10 years from now when the French have finished the debate on how to proceed with the restoration the work will start.
When a man with a .45 meets a man with a rifle, you said, the man with a pistol's a dead man. Let's see if that's true. Go ahead, load up and shoot.

Pit Friend #38 Posted 17 April 2019 - 10:25 PM

    Major

  • Players
  • 32993 battles
  • 18,128
  • [PTATO]
  • Member since:
    07-14-2014

View PostWidowMaker1711, on 16 April 2019 - 10:52 AM, said:

 

Thankfully the copper angels and the gargoyles had been removed for restoration already. 

 

Suprisingly the copper rooster that was at the top of the spire that collapsed was found with almost no damage. 

Una nox dormienda - You only live once (but classier)


DiabolicGambit #39 Posted 17 April 2019 - 10:34 PM

    First lieutenant

  • Players
  • 18805 battles
  • 715
  • [MAJOR]
  • Member since:
    02-12-2014
Some people are just ignorant, wg should create an emblem, they would be remiss not too.. And 100% of the proceeds should be donated.. 

Ragyoo #40 Posted 18 April 2019 - 09:53 AM

    Staff sergeant

  • Players
  • 25900 battles
  • 440
  • Member since:
    12-27-2016

Hello,

 

I don't want to hurt religious people nor art fans nor anyone, but I suggest thinking about the cathedral's fire as a divine parable of Jesus, inspired by the Father, for our burning earth.

 

Millions of years will be needed to rebuild the bidiversity lost, whereas some heavily sponsored architects already battle to rebuild the cathedral in five years with cement and carbon...

 

The panic felt losing the cathedral's pike and "forest" to fire is such as the panic felt everyday while we hear about massive forest fires or glaciers disappearing on mountain pikes, by human negligence.

 

Again there is nothing to compare with Notre Dame which remains the top of French génie's gothic enlightment. But even the blind can notice the parable.







Also tagged with France, french, support, notre dame, flag, insignia, decal

3 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 3 guests, 0 anonymous users