I have found a new calling and would like some advice

• Please log in to reply
14 replies to this topic

XT356 #1 Posted 19 April 2019 - 12:09 AM

Major

• Players
  • 8885 battles
  • [WOOO]

Since I started playing this game five years ago, I was a heavy man. Heavy tanks, heavy mind set. Until last year, I won the hollenhund, and then I realized that I rather enjoy playing mediums (yes, its classified as a light, but it plays more akin to a very soft medium). Unlocked the E50m and the SBT1 in the past three months and I am now working down the centurion line. I am very close to unlocking the 7/1 and I would like some tips as far as crew skills (currently have SS, BiA, SA, and working on recon) and which of the tier 10's should I go for first. The Action X or the FX4202.

My next plan will probably work on the sheridan line or say screw it and take my S51 all the way to tier 10.

“Greatness is a transitory experience. It is never consistent. It depends in part upon the myth-making imagination of humankind. The person who experiences greatness must have a feeling for the myth he is in. He must reflect what is projected upon him. And he must have a strong sense of the sardonic. This is what uncouples him from belief in his own pretensions. The sardonic is all that permits him to move within himself. Without this quality, even occasional greatness will destroy a man.”

panthermark #2 Posted 19 April 2019 - 01:24 AM

Captain

• Players
  • 11893 battles

FV is better. 

Glad you've seen the "light" (pun intended). 

"Heavy lights" and "Fast Mediums" are my thing as those are basically the only styles of tank I play. 

You are on the right track with you skills, but if they are lights, you will want camo.

For those style of tanks, I always have 6thS, Camo, Repairs, BIA, and Sit Aware early on.  I add at least one gun skill and recon as well.  I often add Off-Road driving....mostly so I can race ahead for good location to do some passive scouting.  Then use my speed to move from flank to flank and feast at "clean up time".   My higher skill crews end up Silent Driving (for mediums), the other gun skill and muffled shot as well.  

3 MOE's: VK 30.01D (VI), T-34 (V), M-24 Chaffee (V)

2 MOE's: Indien-Panzer (VIII), T-20 (VII), Cromwell B (VI), Snakebite (VI), T-37 (VI), M4 Sherman w/Derp (V), VK 16.02 Leopard (V)

FusionStar287 #3 Posted 19 April 2019 - 01:25 AM

Major

• WoTC Ambassador
  • 20114 battles
  • [JOCO]
The FV4202 is without a doubt a better tank. Its a much more mobile tank, its armor is much stronger everywhere but it's turret ring, it has a lower profile, and its gun is identical almost every way except for its premium ammo. Speaking of which, its premium HESH shells are very useful and make the tank much more fun and unique. Instead of getting better pen you lose pen and gain alpha damage (and by extension DPM), and as such you can switch between the two ammo types to maximize your DPM in any given situation. The FV4202 is honestly up there with the M48 Patton as one of the best tier X mediums.

Also, the Sheridan is a really good medium-light hybrid and is well worth the grind. It's fairly big for a light tank and isn't the fastest light, but it's very quick and mobile for a medium and it gets the best gun for any tier X light along with a bunch if trollish spaced armor.

"My dear brothers, take note of this: Men should be quick to listen, slow to speak, and slow to become angry, for man's anger does not bring about the righteous life that God desires." ~ James 1: 19-20

"wefWEGFRF" - RaiBOT01, 2017

BigHundy #4 Posted 19 April 2019 - 01:39 AM

Major

• Players
  • 9611 battles
  • [FCCM]
British tanks means safe stowage.

I spent half my money on gambling, alcohol, and cheap women. The other half I wasted -  W.C. Fields

On the last day of your life, don't forget to die.

CamaroGuy96 #5 Posted 19 April 2019 - 02:47 AM

First lieutenant

• Beta Tester
  • 9845 battles

View PostBigHundy, on 18 April 2019 - 08:39 PM, said:

This. The Centurions are very prone to ammo rack damage just like the Conqueror.

XBOX ONE 

Garage has too many tanks to list now...

XT356 #6 Posted 19 April 2019 - 04:09 AM

Major

• Players
  • 8885 battles
  • [WOOO]

View PostCamaroGuy96, on 18 April 2019 - 08:47 PM, said:

This. The Centurions are very prone to ammo rack damage just like the Conqueror.

I been experiencing a dead driver non stop.
“Greatness is a transitory experience. It is never consistent. It depends in part upon the myth-making imagination of humankind. The person who experiences greatness must have a feeling for the myth he is in. He must reflect what is projected upon him. And he must have a strong sense of the sardonic. This is what uncouples him from belief in his own pretensions. The sardonic is all that permits him to move within himself. Without this quality, even occasional greatness will destroy a man.”

Cpl Derren #7 Posted 19 April 2019 - 11:52 AM

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 26847 battles
  • [DS-]

View PostCamaroGuy96, on 18 April 2019 - 09:47 PM, said:

View PostXT356, on 18 April 2019 - 11:09 PM, said:

I been experiencing a dead driver non stop.

let’s be honest, it’s always one or the other. Sometimes both if Darth Vader feels like trying to destroy Alderaan 

Come watch me on Twitch! Simply search: cpl_derren

Check out my YouTube channel WoTC Academy!  https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCZCURXxiHul8a_9hRcgfpmA

Haukkis #8 Posted 19 April 2019 - 11:55 AM

Major

• Players
  • 33238 battles

View PostCamaroGuy96, on 19 April 2019 - 03:47 AM, said:

Meh. Safe Stovage is pretty useless imo unless you have a "supercrew" which has +16 perks/skills. I have used Safe Stovage in past but now I've replaced it in all my tanks with some more usefull skill. Also noticed that Wet Ammo Rack equipment is pretty useless, same thing with Safe Stovage, they only increase your ammoracks hitpoints so it won't blow up so easily but it still get damaged as easily as without it. 

panthermark #9 Posted 19 April 2019 - 12:48 PM

Captain

• Players
  • 11893 battles
My CAX was ammo racked by just driving over a bumpy road...it was horrible.  I don't notice it nearly as much on the FV....but I don't think I ever had by turret ring damaged in the CAX.   It gets hit quite a bit in the FV.    Turret rings can fix themselves, or just move slower.  I'll take that over being ammo racked any day of the week. 

2 MOE's: Indien-Panzer (VIII), T-20 (VII), Cromwell B (VI), Snakebite (VI), T-37 (VI), M4 Sherman w/Derp (V), VK 16.02 Leopard (V)

X1thebeast29X #10 Posted 19 April 2019 - 12:56 PM

Major

• Players
  • 15711 battles
  • [AVRG]
I love the CAX... Fantastic all arounder. Haven't played the 4202 since it was still bad tho.

WN8~2650            There seems to be no signs of intelligent life sir!

Block Quote

"Less experienced and new players are ment for lower tier tanks? You sound like an elitist [edited]"

"I will defend the opportunity for average and poor and new players to punk the elitist purples who think things like "maybe they're purple because they have a better understanding of the game"

LignoTestudon #11 Posted 23 April 2019 - 10:11 PM

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 5653 battles
  • [D7CAV]

View PostFusionStar287, on 18 April 2019 - 08:25 PM, said:

The FV4202 is without a doubt a better tank. Its a much more mobile tank, its armor is much stronger everywhere but it's turret ring, it has a lower profile, and its gun is identical almost every way except for its premium ammo. Speaking of which, its premium HESH shells are very useful and make the tank much more fun and unique. Instead of getting better pen you lose pen and gain alpha damage (and by extension DPM), and as such you can switch between the two ammo types to maximize your DPM in any given situation. The FV4202 is honestly up there with the M48 Patton as one of the best tier X mediums.

Also, the Sheridan is a really good medium-light hybrid and is well worth the grind. It's fairly big for a light tank and isn't the fastest light, but it's very quick and mobile for a medium and it gets the best gun for any tier X light along with a bunch if trollish spaced armor.

And we have TheNullTrooper to really thank for bringing back that FV4202. Without Solomon, FV4202 would've never been brought back to the game. 

Tempest fox3 #12 Posted 24 April 2019 - 12:44 AM

Major

• Beta Tester
  • 20079 battles
  • [JOCO]

View PostBigHundy, on 19 April 2019 - 01:39 AM, said:

Not really needed on the FV4202, no ammo rack in the turret.

Ammo storage is behind the UFP/LFP. 

The upper hull is never really going to get penned and the lfp is a tiny target so the only way you're going to get ammo racked is if you let people shoot you in the side. 

War is a Democracy and the enemy always gets a vote.

3 MoE's: E-25, M41 Walker Bulldog, E-50, Snakebite, E-75, T32 - In order obtained

Highlordwurm #13 Posted 25 April 2019 - 08:56 PM

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 17341 battles
I like to rotate (after the ones that go on every tank: SS, BiA): snapshot, camo, recon; smooth driving, muffled shot, sit aware; muffled shot, or bush wookie i waffle on with the road skills first-clutch braking and off road, after those essentials, I am looking hard at designated target and paratrooper.  And if you like using food, maybe fire fighting/ preventative maintenance?

ThermalStone #14 Posted 25 April 2019 - 09:17 PM

Major

• Players
  • 31237 battles
  • [80085]

Once I got used to the high skill ceiling that come with mediums and lights I had a hard time playing typical heavy tanks.  The slow mobility and rate of fire is constraining.

I'm not stealing kills, I'm handing out Confederate medals.

panthermark #15 Posted 25 April 2019 - 10:06 PM

Captain

• Players
  • 11893 battles

View PostThermalStone, on 25 April 2019 - 03:17 PM, said:

Once I got used to the high skill ceiling that come with mediums and lights I had a hard time playing typical heavy tanks.  The slow mobility and rate of fire is constraining.

I hear you.

I hate playing heavies.  In +10,000 games I have 541 in heavies, 114 in TD's, and 340 in Arty.  About 320 of the arty games + 2 years ago when I first started.  I've grinded ONE heavy tank....the T-29....nothing before it, nothing after it.  

They are too slow and too boring. 

I have +4,000 games in lights and +5,000 games in mediums.  

With that said...I have a 12 skill Brit crew laying around doing nothing (in the CAX).  I might have be forced try the Brit heavy or TD line since the meta of the game loves armor and alpha. 

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users