Fix ramming

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

Devolution-_- #1 Posted 19 April 2019 - 03:30 AM

Corporal

• Players
  • 20176 battles
  • [BLM]

I'm starting to get annoyed.  I've played since the beginning, have played tens of thousands of games.  Ramming seems to be something you have totally neglected.

I've been in an IS-M and rammed a t49, I'm tracked hes not.

I've been in an E5 and rammed a t-44, I'm tracked and hes not.

Ect...ect...

I would chalk to up to randomness, but the reverse never happens.  I'm never in a lighter tank and get off Scot-free.

Coupdeteat #2 Posted 19 April 2019 - 06:25 AM

Captain

• Players
  • 28594 battles
  • [HIRAM]
A lot of people have the controlled impact perk...it helps a lot. 

MEGAblaster96 #3 Posted 19 April 2019 - 10:25 AM

Corporal

• Players
  • 5334 battles

View PostDevolution-_-, on 18 April 2019 - 09:30 PM, said:

I'm starting to get annoyed.  I've played since the beginning, have played tens of thousands of games.  Ramming seems to be something you have totally neglected.

I've been in an IS-M and rammed a t49, I'm tracked hes not.

I've been in an E5 and rammed a t-44, I'm tracked and hes not.

Ect...ect...

I would chalk to up to randomness, but the reverse never happens.  I'm never in a lighter tank and get off Scot-free.

Yeah, it's a completely wonky mechanic that doesn't work right. I've accidentally tapped heavies before with my lights at low speed and it absolutely murders me. And I've had the same experience of ramming people only for my modules to break instead. I've also done almost no damage when ramming other lights with mine at full speed. I know i'm not a heavy, but an 12 ton Bat Chat 12t hitting you at 50 kmh should virtually rip you in half.

DUBIOUSrepair #4 Posted 22 April 2019 - 11:25 AM

Major

• Players
  • 26373 battles
  • [LYCAN]
Max has said in another post that each module has it's own sub-HP. Once that HP has been exhausted, the module becomes inoperative and the repair timer begins. BTW, he also said that those module HP numbers are not publicly available.
I'm just speculating, but could the track modules on your tanks that you've mentioned in these examples have been pre-damaged? And in so, have less module HP than the tank you were ramming, therefore causing your tank to become immobilized while the other one weren't.
Granted, I would think that an IS-M's and T110E5's track module's HP at the beginning of a battle would be higher than a T49 or a T-44's

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users