audio clipping, xbox 1x

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

Roy Houston #1 Posted 19 April 2019 - 07:15 AM

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 26140 battles
  • [GEEZR]
So when I'm playing world of tanks, and using spotify streaming music at the same time I get a horrible clipping noise. I can close either app and it will resolve the problem. but any time I run both spotify and world of tanks simultaneously I get the previously mentioned clipping noise. It has never happened to me before the latest world of tanks update, and I have used both apps simultaneously many times in the past. Not running world of tanks, I cannot reproduce this clipping noise in any remote way. It is only while running world of tanks that this clipping noise is produced on my system while using the spotify app. 

Roy Houston #2 Posted 27 April 2019 - 12:14 AM

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 26140 battles
  • [GEEZR]

This is still an issue. I am responding to my own topic to bump it hopefully. 

Again, running world of tanks simultaneously as spotify will induce a crackling sound on the audio that I cannot reproduce playing any other game whilst using spotify. Wargaming please answer

Roy Houston #3 Posted 27 April 2019 - 12:16 AM

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 26140 battles
  • [GEEZR]
If it helps then I'll also let on that if you reduce the game to dashboard then it temporarily removes the crackling noise

MaxChaos24 #4 Posted 29 April 2019 - 01:36 PM

Gameplay Expert

• Administrator
  • 12947 battles
  • [WGW]

Hello, 

I'm not sure this is a Bug for us? If you are having issue with running other Apps, than I can only recommend to not run them if they are causing issues. 

Roy Houston #5 Posted 30 April 2019 - 12:32 AM

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 26140 battles
  • [GEEZR]

View PostMaxChaos24, on 29 April 2019 - 01:36 PM, said:

Hello, 

I'm not sure this is a Bug for us? If you are having issue with running other Apps, than I can only recommend to not run them if they are causing issues. 

As I said, it's running Spotify and Wot at the same time that I experience the offensive noises. Spotify is meant to be streamed as a background app and gives me no issues whatsoever while playing other games, and only does in Wot since what I think was a minor update a few weeks ago? It had been awhile since I'd tried Spotify at that point so I can't be sure exactly when the issue would have started, just that I didn't notice it before two weeks ago. 

I don't know what else to tell you that would suggest it is a Wot problem, not likely a Spotify problem, and if the only solution is "don't run spotify," well other games manage it just fine and I'm curious what you think that suggests?

Nonetheless I will ask a friend with an Xbox 1x to try on his system and see if he can replicate it there but it makes me feel like I'm doing the QA department's job. 

Edited by Roy Houston, 30 April 2019 - 12:33 AM.

MaxChaos24 #6 Posted 30 April 2019 - 11:13 AM

Gameplay Expert

• Administrator
  • 12947 battles
  • [WGW]

View PostRoy Houston, on 29 April 2019 - 08:32 PM, said:

As I said, it's running Spotify and Wot at the same time that I experience the offensive noises. Spotify is meant to be streamed as a background app and gives me no issues whatsoever while playing other games, and only does in Wot since what I think was a minor update a few weeks ago? It had been awhile since I'd tried Spotify at that point so I can't be sure exactly when the issue would have started, just that I didn't notice it before two weeks ago. 

I don't know what else to tell you that would suggest it is a Wot problem, not likely a Spotify problem, and if the only solution is "don't run spotify," well other games manage it just fine and I'm curious what you think that suggests?

Nonetheless I will ask a friend with an Xbox 1x to try on his system and see if he can replicate it there but it makes me feel like I'm doing the QA department's job. 

Issues with running multiple apps at the same time is more of a Console / MS issue. We don't do anything game wise to support other Apps running in the background, that's all handled by your Console.

Roy Houston #7 Posted 03 May 2019 - 05:39 AM

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 26140 battles
  • [GEEZR]

View PostMaxChaos24, on 30 April 2019 - 11:13 AM, said:

Issues with running multiple apps at the same time is more of a Console / MS issue. We don't do anything game wise to support other Apps running in the background, that's all handled by your Console.

Thanks for the information Max. I have been looking more deeply into the problem and have to apologize, the sound is present in other games as well as wot. I just hadn't noticed it before on the "dashboard " screens but when you actually launch into gameplay it triggers the effect which I hadn't tried. 

It seems to be a common issue more likely related to a spotify or dashboard update, but no conclusions yet. It seems to be a common issue and more information can be found here https://answers.micr...75-5f33dbe23969

Thanks for your patience and help Max

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users