Jump to content


crippled chinese line


  • Please log in to reply
24 replies to this topic

TancDeCurseRO #1 Posted 20 April 2019 - 07:41 AM

    Sergeant

  • Players
  • 12776 battles
  • 232
  • [STRNG]
  • Member since:
    01-07-2016
straight out 20% worst than other lines

markyjmeech #2 Posted 20 April 2019 - 10:14 AM

    Major

  • WoTC Ambassador
  • 31704 battles
  • 3,859
  • [B-W-P]
  • Member since:
    02-20-2014

Where did you get the percentage figures and base facts to get to this assumption ?

 

The Chinese lines IMO have some very strong tanks especially in tier 8-10 in heavy and TD lines :)


 

 

A prestigious member of the Senior Technical Engineer Club 

Twitch channel if anyone is interested  https://www.twitch.tv/markyjmeech Twitter @Markyjmeech Discord Markyjmeech SZQWCz9.jpg

 


MaxAmmo10562 #3 Posted 20 April 2019 - 10:32 AM

    Captain

  • Beta Tester
  • 29033 battles
  • 1,123
  • [RATIO]
  • Member since:
    07-18-2013
Nothing wrong with the Chinese line, the 114 and 5a are two of the best tanks for their tiers with the 5a arguably one of the best heavies in the game, the tier X light is still competitive as well even after the nerfs.

matematicalone #4 Posted 20 April 2019 - 11:26 AM

    First lieutenant

  • Players
  • 1968 battles
  • 689
  • Member since:
    11-15-2017

You're right, light line (some) is ruined, tier X is the worst light at tier, TD line is unplayable after tier VII perhaps, very bad tier X, it's so rare to see one in game. Medium line tier 7&8 are just bad, gets better with tier 9 and 10, not the best one, but can hold its own against other mediums. Heavy line is the best part of China TT, some very good tanks on a way to tier 10 WZ-5a which might be one of the best heavies in game. Tier 9 is also very nice tank and tier 8 is hidden gem among heavy class at tier. So I'd say Light line is pretty crippled (like you said maybe 20% worse than others), med line is so-so, but actualy not so bad since you can skip tier 7 and 8 and go directly to tier 9 from light line (let's say it's 10% worse than other lines). Heavy line is on par with other faction lines. IS-2 is not bad if you like Soviet gun handling, but from there it gets only better.

Oh, and arguably one of the best premium tanks in general is KD (aka McDragon).



 


donny007-THX #5 Posted 20 April 2019 - 01:51 PM

    Major

  • Players
  • 21355 battles
  • 2,649
  • Member since:
    12-18-2017
The T-34-3 may be one of the most difficult guns to hit targets with though.  A medium should have a little accuracy since its not supposed to face hug and shoot.  Check out the accuracy stats ...... I still like it but you can't get upset when it misses....
When a man with a .45 meets a man with a rifle, you said, the man with a pistol's a dead man. Let's see if that's true. Go ahead, load up and shoot.

TancDeCurseRO #6 Posted 20 April 2019 - 02:32 PM

    Sergeant

  • Players
  • 12776 battles
  • 232
  • [STRNG]
  • Member since:
    01-07-2016

View Postmarkyjmeech, on 20 April 2019 - 10:14 AM, said:

Where did you get the percentage figures and base facts to get to this assumption ?

 

The Chinese lines IMO have some very strong tanks especially in tier 8-10 in heavy and TD lines :)

 

percentage based on how popular chinese tanks are:teethhappy:

 

honestly, not speaking of tier x, cuz they're not the problem.

 

the mid tiers are crappy as hell:D . 

look lets put aside the actual stats that are written on paper; I am a more than experienced player here, ok? 

and honestly you can even feel the tank(s) is just not capable enough vs (the same tier tank). Chinese tanks have 0 flexibility. dispersion is out of this world, gun depression, mobility, DPM!! 

I made a post about type 59 if you're interested. there I talked about the problems that it has, but the things i said are also valid for the other Chinese tanks. 

 

 

you feel the tank struggling in everything it does. 

+ i'd like to know why the tier x td has 750 dps instead of 850 :facepalm:

 

 


TancDeCurseRO #7 Posted 20 April 2019 - 02:40 PM

    Sergeant

  • Players
  • 12776 battles
  • 232
  • [STRNG]
  • Member since:
    01-07-2016

View Postmarkyjmeech, on 20 April 2019 - 10:14 AM, said:

Where did you get the percentage figures and base facts to get to this assumption ?

 

The Chinese lines IMO have some very strong tanks especially in tier 8-10 in heavy and TD lines :)

 

this confirms the fact that you only consider tier xs.. 

it's not just about the tier x. people also look at what they have to go through to get to that tier x. 

+when you have a more balanced line people will start to try 3 marking the tanks.

 

when you start loosing hair through mid tiers, by the time you reach tier x you are already sick of the tank. 

 

do you ever see 3 marked mid tier Chinese tanks?

don't answer that. 

 

as usual. nobody makes a change even if the community is pointing out things. 



TancDeCurseRO #8 Posted 20 April 2019 - 02:45 PM

    Sergeant

  • Players
  • 12776 battles
  • 232
  • [STRNG]
  • Member since:
    01-07-2016

View Postmatematicalone, on 20 April 2019 - 11:26 AM, said:

You're right, light line (some) is ruined, tier X is the worst light at tier, TD line is unplayable after tier VII perhaps, very bad tier X, it's so rare to see one in game. Medium line tier 7&8 are just bad, gets better with tier 9 and 10, not the best one, but can hold its own against other mediums. Heavy line is the best part of China TT, some very good tanks on a way to tier 10 WZ-5a which might be one of the best heavies in game. Tier 9 is also very nice tank and tier 8 is hidden gem among heavy class at tier. So I'd say Light line is pretty crippled (like you said maybe 20% worse than others), med line is so-so, but actualy not so bad since you can skip tier 7 and 8 and go directly to tier 9 from light line (let's say it's 10% worse than other lines). Heavy line is on par with other faction lines. IS-2 is not bad if you like Soviet gun handling, but from there it gets only better.

Oh, and arguably one of the best premium tanks in general is KD (aka McDragon).

 

could've just buffed the type 59 directly but no, pay to win type 59 was thrown in

xdogx66 #9 Posted 23 April 2019 - 10:33 PM

    Corporal

  • Players
  • 26168 battles
  • 35
  • Member since:
    01-10-2016
I’m at the tier 9 medium, can’t think of the Wz whatever, but I hate it.  Almost quit the very slow grind but so close to the 10 I’ll keep going.  I do like the premium T64 light tho. 

DutchDragon 99 #10 Posted 01 May 2019 - 10:48 AM

    Staff sergeant

  • Players
  • 24379 battles
  • 316
  • [EASY]
  • Member since:
    01-05-2014

View Postxdogx66, on 23 April 2019 - 11:33 PM, said:

I’m at the tier 9 medium, can’t think of the Wz whatever, but I hate it.  Almost quit the very slow grind but so close to the 10 I’ll keep going.  I do like the premium T64 light tho. 

 

Uhm, do you hate the WZ-120 for it's gun depression or gun handling? The 121 gets better gun handling, so that will be fixed somewhat (still, don't expect to snap shot like the Obj. 140 or FV215b 120 does for example). If you can't make it work due to it's gun depression, I have some bad news for you.....



XEboi #11 Posted 05 May 2019 - 05:53 PM

    Captain

  • Players
  • 22817 battles
  • 1,591
  • Member since:
    12-05-2015
I like my 5a & love my wz120 not going to bother with 121

Ok gun depression is a pita in wz120 but other than that it's a fast medium with a big boom stick

Hull down can bounce shots from waffles lol

DefiantSpurr #12 Posted 13 May 2019 - 02:13 PM

    Major

  • Players
  • 14084 battles
  • 2,614
  • [BNKR]
  • Member since:
    11-11-2014

The Chinese TD line is great from tier 7+.

The tier 7 is mobile and dangerous, and the 8-10 have good armour and ok mobility, with a reliable gun.

What they don't have is a "gimmick" to make up for the fact that their performance is average for their tier.

In good hands they are amazing, the TDs are easy to play and user friendly.


Subscribe to my YouTube! 

https://www.youtube....ser/immortalfae

 


AJH387 #13 Posted 13 May 2019 - 02:59 PM

    Major

  • Players
  • 15156 battles
  • 2,436
  • [HLCAT]
  • Member since:
    12-10-2014
I haven't done so well in the heavies, but I think I just suck at heavies. The IS2 was very frustrating. Every once in a while if the gun behaves, it was fun. Usually everything either bounced or missed. The T10 is ok but I still have 1 more package to go before it is upgraded. I don't love it. I figure the 9 and 10 are worth it. Never really felt like doing the other lines, maybe 1 day. 

Thingaa #14 Posted 15 May 2019 - 04:35 AM

    Sergeant

  • Players
  • 12252 battles
  • 184
  • [PCP]
  • Member since:
    02-20-2014

View PostAJH387, on 13 May 2019 - 07:59 AM, said:

I haven't done so well in the heavies, but I think I just suck at heavies. The IS2 was very frustrating. Every once in a while if the gun behaves, it was fun. Usually everything either bounced or missed. The T10 is ok but I still have 1 more package to go before it is upgraded. I don't love it. I figure the 9 and 10 are worth it. Never really felt like doing the other lines, maybe 1 day. 

 

if you're talking about the 110 (not t10), the gun is what makes it. Less alpha, but much more reliable gun the 122s on equal tier russians. I've been pleasantly surprised by it.

Unholy Lucipurr #15 Posted 16 May 2019 - 09:49 AM

    Sergeant

  • Players
  • 10297 battles
  • 228
  • [MDKP]
  • Member since:
    02-12-2014

View Postmarkyjmeech, on 20 April 2019 - 05:14 AM, said:

Where did you get the percentage figures and base facts to get to this assumption ?

 

The Chinese lines IMO have some very strong tanks especially in tier 8-10 in heavy and TD lines :)

 

His 20% assumption is actually pretty close when you get into specific stats.
https://armor.wotinspector.com/?targetVehicleId=7425,15618,12547,42500&mode=xray.textures&platform=console&compare=7985,16690,14643,14644

"I will rain death upon all who oppose me. I am the embodiment of sky cancer and I will make you rue the day you dare cross into my view and sit thy tank still. Some call me arty scum, but they are fools! I am become sky cancer the destroyer of balance and even if you close in to close range I will call upon the gods of rng and shotgun you into condemnation for no one will associate with a tanker who cannot take out an artillery."  -Unholy Lucipurr 2017 (dictated but not read)


BigHundy #16 Posted 16 May 2019 - 06:37 PM

    Major

  • Players
  • 9609 battles
  • 3,819
  • [FCCM]
  • Member since:
    12-27-2016

I agree with OP.

People play them and can do well in them.

But they are just flat out worse than Russian tanks.

And seeing as they are worse clones, then why play them?

China and Japan have always been the most useless nations in this game.

Italy is now making the conversation after all the nerfs.


I spent half my money on gambling, alcohol, and cheap women. The other half I wasted -  W.C. Fields

 

On the last day of your life, don't forget to die.

 


AJH387 #17 Posted 21 May 2019 - 07:15 PM

    Major

  • Players
  • 15156 battles
  • 2,436
  • [HLCAT]
  • Member since:
    12-10-2014

View PostThingaa, on 14 May 2019 - 11:35 PM, said:

 

if you're talking about the 110 (not t10), the gun is what makes it. Less alpha, but much more reliable gun the 122s on equal tier russians. I've been pleasantly surprised by it.

 

Ya sorry, not sure why I put T10. But yes, I still need to get it fully upgraded, so trying not to judge just yet. It's ok though so far. Looking forward to it upgraded fully. 

DefiantSpurr #18 Posted 22 May 2019 - 07:24 PM

    Major

  • Players
  • 14084 battles
  • 2,614
  • [BNKR]
  • Member since:
    11-11-2014

View PostBigHundy, on 16 May 2019 - 06:37 PM, said:

I agree with OP.

People play them and can do well in them.

But they are just flat out worse than Russian tanks.

And seeing as they are worse clones, then why play them?

China and Japan have always been the most useless nations in this game.

Italy is now making the conversation after all the nerfs.

 

to be fair. The american and Soviet lines are really over represented, and verging on the unbalanced in some areas. With the exception of the occasional individual tank in other nations, there is no real reason to play any other nations lines.

Combine that with how forgiving and user friendly they are as well..

 

I still remember driving around my 50B, and getting over taken by Soviet heavy tanks, that actually have armour too.. kinda depressing when the French heavies are meant to be mobile.


Subscribe to my YouTube! 

https://www.youtube....ser/immortalfae

 


DefiantSpurr #19 Posted 22 May 2019 - 07:25 PM

    Major

  • Players
  • 14084 battles
  • 2,614
  • [BNKR]
  • Member since:
    11-11-2014

I do wonder if new nations are compared to baseline USA/USSR lines.

And tweaked to make them worse.


Subscribe to my YouTube! 

https://www.youtube....ser/immortalfae

 


Teffisk #20 Posted 23 May 2019 - 03:27 AM

    Captain

  • Players
  • 22095 battles
  • 1,276
  • [-L7-]
  • Member since:
    10-14-2015
Who would have been angry about a WZ-120 and 121 5 degree gun depression buff? These tanks are so unpopular. I'm just bewildered why they left these buffs out of the last patch.




1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users