Arty nerf PC

• Please log in to reply
63 replies to this topic

FromBravo2Kilo #41 Posted 21 April 2019 - 11:07 PM

Major

• Players
  • 21039 battles
  • [47R]
I’m all for removing it.   The ability to shotgun tanks with precision Stalin guidance is laughable.  I’ll dump tanks rounds into the dirt at 20m, at a target 100m.  Laser precision at extreme distances.  There’s a reason for the recoil blade, but here it’s just for show.  Yet the Swedes get punished while not in siege mode.  No counter battery.  Eagle eye view should only be available when targets are identified by friendly forces (eyes on).  Could go on.  

USSWISCONSIN94 #42 Posted 21 April 2019 - 11:08 PM

Major

• Players
  • 11626 battles
  • [47R]

View PostSoundwave098, on 20 April 2019 - 06:56 PM, said:

I'd sacrifice my T10 arty willingly if they actually got rebalanced or removed. 

This. Love my T92 but the thing is too extreme and so is arty in general

http://www.wotinfo.n...N94&server=xbox

youtube.com/channel/UCkXtmp3Ikozzl-K73GuxxNQ

Will WG ever have WoT offline like they promised?

matematicalone #43 Posted 22 April 2019 - 01:41 PM

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 1996 battles

View PostKY PRO 2008, on 20 April 2019 - 06:58 PM, said:

Stop referring to the pc.   the xbox is it own no comparison.   if yall like watching the updates for pc go play there n get off xbox

PC WoT is original game, Console version is derived from PC WoT. It will always be taken as a benchmark for different comparisons. No matter what console devs tell you how unique console is, they will always import and borrow designs and concepts from PC. What you see on PC might come to Console in 80% of cases. Besides, I'm not even on Xbox so can't get off of it.

matematicalone #44 Posted 22 April 2019 - 01:43 PM

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 1996 battles

View PostDemiGodesss, on 21 April 2019 - 06:12 AM, said:

Arty is fine, leave it be. It's a shame what happens on PC.

It's far from fine, but limiting arty to 3 per team is at least a step in a right direction. PC at least tries to adress the issue and admits there is an issue with that class.

matematicalone #45 Posted 22 April 2019 - 01:46 PM

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 1996 battles

View PostVerJager, on 21 April 2019 - 03:45 AM, said:

If console implements this within the next 6 months, I will spend $1,000USD that day, with pics to prove it.  Also, I will spend an additional $1,000 if any (2) of the following is done.  Reduce platoon size to 3, limit arty to 1 per team, reduce tier X TD alpha damage to 750 across the board, nerf HESH pen on Deathstar/S***Barn.

Fair enough, but I'm afraid that your 1,000$ are safe in your pocket.

Ronin Gaidin #46 Posted 22 April 2019 - 02:19 PM

Major

• Beta Tester
  • 34132 battles

View Postbevenh, on 20 April 2019 - 10:59 AM, said:

Does WG really know what to do with artillery? Notice no new artillery in any of the new lines. No new premium artillery in a long time. No mercenary artillery. I think WG is stuck and does not have an answer. Maybe WG is hoping artillery will just fade away with the flood of lights in the game?

I think that this is mostly the case. I've mentioned in other threads on this subject that I believe WGC is stuck in a difficult situation. No matter what they do a significant portion (I'd even go so far as to say overwhelming majority) of players will still not be happy.

Limitations, nerfs, buffs, restrictions, changes in how it plays, no matter what they do there will be many who hate the change in general and a lot of people who think it is either too much or not enough of whatever change is made. Their odds of actually making anyone happy by changing anything, regardless of what that change might be, is nonexistent. 

So they go with the only really viable choice, which is to do nothing. Like you mention, they are pretty much neither adding to nor removing from the available arty. And sure, they did the whole "3 arty max" thing recently, but did that really change much of anything? How often was anyone seeing games with 4+ arty per team? I know it happened, but it was exceedingly rare. And the change really just proves my thought - even though the change was generally very well received by all sides, it wasn't enough for some people but wasn't yet enough to anger the opposite side. 

TL;DR - WG is doing the right thing, the smart thing, and maybe even the only possible thing by doing nothing. It is their own personal Kobayashi Maru, and after 5 years it doesn't look like Captain Kirk will be along any time soon to sort it out (by cheating). 

Geordie P #47 Posted 22 April 2019 - 08:32 PM

Captain

• Players
  • 22854 battles

View PostAskingCupid78, on 21 April 2019 - 10:47 PM, said:

You got far more artillerygames, but have not yet discovered how broken it is, or is it that you simply refuse to understand?

I know when something is broken in a game and on this game I'd have to say auto-loaders are broken.

I have a few myself.. for no good reason other than them mostly being ornaments in my garage... oh I bought back the french tier 8 TD after realising it was a 3 shot if it had a turret it would be OPAF.

h

AskingCupid78 #48 Posted 22 April 2019 - 08:37 PM

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 43759 battles

View PostGeordie P, on 22 April 2019 - 08:32 PM, said:

I know when something is broken in a game and on this game I'd have to say auto-loaders are broken.

I have a few myself.. for no good reason other than them mostly being ornaments in my garage... oh I bought back the french tier 8 TD after realising it was a 3 shot if it had a turret it would be OPAF.

You are wiggling around like a worm on a hook, doing everything you can to avoid difficult questions about your precious clickers:D

Geordie P #49 Posted 23 April 2019 - 05:16 PM

Captain

• Players
  • 22854 battles

View PostAskingCupid78, on 22 April 2019 - 08:37 PM, said:

You are wiggling around like a worm on a hook, doing everything you can to avoid difficult questions about your precious clickers:D

All I can suggest is get into artillery yourself (haven't looked at your stats) The reason I did was like you and others I'd rage like f*** after being hit and we're talking pre -nerf M55's or what ever. Yeah I'd switch my console off throw my controller down n stuff.. Then I thought if you cant beat them...and here we are.

Its was quite therapeutic actually- Get sent back to garage by artillery go back out in artillery, there's nothing quite like dropping one on the red SPG after you saw the trace. Paybacks a bi*ch huh - even when you know it wasn't the same person.

The game is different now, a bit more yolo and a lot less tactics but one thing remains the guy / girl who appreciates being saved by artillery is the same guy / girl raging on the forum when hit by it.

Same old sob story, same response from me.

h

LIT SKULL987 #50 Posted 23 April 2019 - 05:41 PM

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 27991 battles

View PostGuffenstein, on 21 April 2019 - 01:57 PM, said:

People who want arty removed/nerfed just want the game to be made easier for them, full stop. At least be honest. It wouldn’t make the game better it would make it better FOR YOU because having to deal with the additional threat arty poses is too much for you to handle. You want it simpler, easier and less complex. Saying anything else (it requires no skill, I can’t shoot back blah blah blah) is just hogwash to protect your ego. You want arty nerfed because YOU CANT HACK IT. 

what a load of tripe, i  want arty removed because they have an unfair advantage ,  its broken , and spoils the game 

Geordie P #51 Posted 23 April 2019 - 06:07 PM

Captain

• Players
  • 22854 battles

View PostLIT SKULL987, on 23 April 2019 - 05:41 PM, said:

what a load of tripe, i  want arty removed because they have an unfair advantage ,  its broken , and spoils the game 

I have an idea...

Lets give everyone the exact same medium / heavy hybrid made up tank on a 1k x 1k flat map, no hills, trees, buildings or anything else that might give someone an unfair advantage like side scraping off a dead tank so they'll dissolve after being killed. No modules or crew just in case RNG takes something out and gives your attacker an unfair advantage. I mean his crew / module isnt damaged right?

No gun depression because its not needed,  A hit is a hit 300 damage every shot no matter where you land the shot, no pesky armour that might bounce a round I mean thats just unfair right. You hit the tank so why no damage?

Sounds like a f***ing great game.

h

AskingCupid78 #52 Posted 23 April 2019 - 06:50 PM

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 43759 battles

View PostGeordie P, on 23 April 2019 - 05:16 PM, said:

All I can suggest is get into artillery yourself (haven't looked at your stats) The reason I did was like you and others I'd rage like f*** after being hit and we're talking pre -nerf M55's or what ever. Yeah I'd switch my console off throw my controller down n stuff.. Then I thought if you cant beat them...and here we are.

Its was quite therapeutic actually- Get sent back to garage by artillery go back out in artillery, there's nothing quite like dropping one on the red SPG after you saw the trace. Paybacks a bi*ch huh - even when you know it wasn't the same person.

The game is different now, a bit more yolo and a lot less tactics but one thing remains the guy / girl who appreciates being saved by artillery is the same guy / girl raging on the forum when hit by it.

Same old sob story, same response from me.

Yes what a great idea, if something is broken let us just add to the problem, by doing the same thing:facepalm:

I have said it before i want artillery to be reworked into a more challenging and interesting support mechanism.

Edited by AskingCupid78, 23 April 2019 - 06:53 PM.

MegaHesh #53 Posted 23 April 2019 - 06:55 PM

Major

• Players
  • 22821 battles

View PostVerJager, on 21 April 2019 - 02:45 AM, said:

If console implements this within the next 6 months, I will spend $1,000USD that day, with pics to prove it.  Also, I will spend an additional $1,000 if any (2) of the following is done.  Reduce platoon size to 3, limit arty to 1 per team, reduce tier X TD alpha damage to 750 across the board, nerf HESH pen on Deathstar/S***Barn.

for 2000$ you can buy a PC, attach it to your TV and gamepad, configure it(gamepad) with XPadder and play the up-to-date game without angry arty, deathstar, type5 heavy and wte100 )

ralfybaby62 #54 Posted 23 April 2019 - 08:25 PM

Major

• Players
  • 23335 battles
  • [10SR]

View Postooo NO ONE ooo, on 21 April 2019 - 03:00 AM, said:

Whilst the game doesn't claim to be a tank sim, it is fairly reflective until .... arty gets to shotgun.

Imagine real life: A huge artillery piece sees an incoming tank and manages to bring down its gun and hit a tank doing 50kph?

Remove shotgunning and remove ability to see trees being knocked down etc when the tank isn't lit up.

I couldn't agree more and have said that plenty of times myself. Removing shotgunning would go a lo g way in balancing arty. Either a god's view and the ability to rain fire across the map or use direct fire like a proper tank not both

View PostMASHMAN 90, on 21 April 2019 - 04:18 AM, said:

It's an Arcade Simulator, If we remove Shotgunning, more will drown on purpose as they can't fight back.

Which would be fine with me

AnonymousHobo69 #55 Posted 23 April 2019 - 08:27 PM

Major

• Beta Tester
  • 38132 battles
  • [KMD]

Like it or not, it probably won't happen on WoT console. Our meta still has archaic 850 alpha TDs and a super-buffed version of the Deathstar, for example. Playing arty can be frustrating at times, but the mechanic as a whole is pretty stupid and broken. Arty alone alienates a large portion of the old playerbase, and also turns off many new players.

These guys had a fun game

Edited by AnonymousHobo69, 23 April 2019 - 08:29 PM.

primer31 #56 Posted 24 April 2019 - 09:33 PM

Captain

• Players
  • 27029 battles

View PostAnonymousHobo69, on 23 April 2019 - 03:27 PM, said:

Like it or not, it probably won't happen on WoT console. Our meta still has archaic 850 alpha TDs and a super-buffed version of the Deathstar, for example. Playing arty can be frustrating at times, but the mechanic as a whole is pretty stupid and broken. Arty alone alienates a large portion of the old playerbase, and also turns off many new players.

These guys had a fun game

I just started playing again after nearly a year. I have noticed the absence of many old players. The game itself or I should say the gameplay itself hasn’t changed. I literally hear artillery players on my team tell other tanks to move up. When they do, they are spotted and hit by artillery. If people would pay attention in games they would see it with their own eyes. All you have to do it look where players rush to. Most of those places have some form of coverage from artillery fire. They sit there and exchange shots with regular tanks until one side gets the advantage, then they push forward fast to avoid artillery fire. It’s the same in almost every match. Most hot spots have some form of coverage from artillery fire. However, I do think people misunderstand some things. Artillery is working as intended. It

isn’t in this game to balance anything. It has capabilities beyond every other class of tank. It can’t be balanced against other types of tanks. Artillery is used in one of two ways. It can be used by a bad or poor player to be able to put out damage when they are unable to in other classes of tanks. And it can be exploited by a good player to put out massive damage. Both of those things have the potential to keep players playing. Thats the bottom line. The more players playing this game the better for wg. More players equals more potential for income from those players. At the end of the day, this game is about money. Wg is a company. And companies are in the business to make money. Artillery is here. And as long as massive amounts of people keep playing this game even though they hate artillery, it will continue to be here. It’s a way to maintain a player base. Unless massive amounts of people quit playing this game because of artillery and make it known why they quit playing, it will be there. It does alienate players. But not enough for it to be an issue. Wg doesn’t care about the quality of the players playing this game. A bad players money is worth the same as a good players. And a bad player is more likely to spend money to improve his own gameplay. A good player is replaced every time they quit. Sure, the quality of gameplay may be affected, but not enough for massive amounts of players to quit. 

My garage: Elite tanks: T-1 heavy, M 6, T 29,T 32, M 103, T 110E5, E 75, Tiger II, E 100, T57 Heavy, T71, T54E1.

heavies are that noob friendly class in which you can just drive straight and bounce shells without even trying. Lifetilts 2016.

Are you hiding in the back because you are in arty? Or are you playing arty so you can hide in the back? Still waiting for "arty safe" to be proven. The arty hate is strong in this one.

Dr__Jag #57 Posted 25 April 2019 - 02:23 AM

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 20765 battles
:arta:

Dr__Jag #58 Posted 25 April 2019 - 02:36 AM

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 20765 battles

View PostVerJager, on 20 April 2019 - 09:45 PM, said:

View PostMegaHesh, on 23 April 2019 - 01:55 PM, said:

for 2000$ you can buy a PC, attach it to your TV and gamepad, configure it(gamepad) with XPadder and play the up-to-date game without angry arty, deathstar, type5 heavy and wte100 )
I gave it some thought, but re doing all those stock grinds. Augh...,  I have every tech tree tank I want, and most of the premiums I want except maybe 3-4(skorp G ect).  If I could carry my progress over, I'd be gone. 

Manchot29 #59 Posted 25 April 2019 - 10:51 AM

Corporal

• Players
  • 20825 battles

In my opinion, an Arty made properly: french tier 9, it's not too boring to play because of its mobility and faster reload... and playing against it feels better than against a 53/55, it won't 1 shoot you because it's only a 155mm.

Fair enough, it's the only arty line I have ever tried so far. But I enjoy playing it... and when I see one on the enemy list, I am not completely changing my gameplay as a heavy or medium tanker, just so I can stay arty safe.

primer31 #60 Posted 25 April 2019 - 01:33 PM

Captain

• Players
  • 27029 battles

View PostManchot29, on 25 April 2019 - 05:51 AM, said:

In my opinion, an Arty made properly: french tier 9, it's not too boring to play because of its mobility and faster reload... and playing against it feels better than against a 53/55, it won't 1 shoot you because it's only a 155mm.

Fair enough, it's the only arty line I have ever tried so far. But I enjoy playing it... and when I see one on the enemy list, I am not completely changing my gameplay as a heavy or medium tanker, just so I can stay arty safe.

People change their gameplay every time artillery is in a game. The second arty is taken out you can see people move in a totally different way. If you don’t adapt to artillery being in the game, you are basically throwing yourself away. I watch team mates do it all of the time. Thats part of the reason you see teams rolled in matches. 

My garage: Elite tanks: T-1 heavy, M 6, T 29,T 32, M 103, T 110E5, E 75, Tiger II, E 100, T57 Heavy, T71, T54E1.

heavies are that noob friendly class in which you can just drive straight and bounce shells without even trying. Lifetilts 2016.

Are you hiding in the back because you are in arty? Or are you playing arty so you can hide in the back? Still waiting for "arty safe" to be proven. The arty hate is strong in this one.

Also tagged with Arty, nerf, PC

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users