So, WG, how do your REALLY sort tanks in the Queue?

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

YourGrumpyDad99 #1 Posted 20 April 2019 - 08:06 PM

Sergeant

• Players
  • 20542 battles

Now before y'all jump on me, I may be an "average" player( I plead old age and dry rot) , but after nearly 4years in tanks and over18k matches and as much time on top of that watching youtube...... I don't think I'm seeing what I think you say how it works,, especially since the past 2 updates......

1) I'm getting a disproportionate number of bottom tier MM in tiers 6/7/8, and yes, i've taken into account server and time day etc.... and what happened to that algorithm trigger  to give you a top tier game after a series +2MM? not seen that lately... :-(  is this just RNG putting me waaaaaaay down the shallow end of the bell curve?

2) AND when the eventually queue drops 30 tanks into a map why 8 top tier heavies on one side and 4 or less on the other? don't give me [edited]about "balance" and "battle tiers" and 'Hit points", 8 times out of 10 I see a LOSS in these situations..... wth! "wait times"? £$@£ the tanks have dropped already why the imbalance

I may be a Grumpy Scrub, but I am getting better! 

Very Classy #2 Posted 20 April 2019 - 09:09 PM

Major

• Players
  • 31018 battles
  • [JOCO]

I'm not sure if it was ever set to give top tier after a couple of bottom-tier... just tries to avoid another bottom-tier match.

I'm basing this off my memory... so it may be incorrect.

As for class balance... mediums, heavies and TDs aren't accounted for. Only lights and SPGs does MM attempt to balance each side.

DemiGodesss #3 Posted 21 April 2019 - 05:31 AM

Sergeant

• Players
  • 11677 battles

I don't think there is any attempt to class balance by WG.

Too many a times I've foreseen a loss or a win just by bringing up the teams screen and eyeing the available firepower in each team.

Ned Noodles #4 Posted 21 April 2019 - 05:35 AM

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 14349 battles

View PostVery Classy, on 20 April 2019 - 04:09 PM, said:

I'm not sure if it was ever set to give top tier after a couple of bottom-tier... just tries to avoid another bottom-tier match.

I'm basing this off my memory... so it may be incorrect.

As for class balance... mediums, heavies and TDs aren't accounted for. Only lights and SPGs does MM attempt to balance each side.

heavy,med,td are weighted the same??????????????   not sure i agree with that

Very Classy #5 Posted 21 April 2019 - 05:46 AM

Major

• Players
  • 31018 battles
  • [JOCO]

View PostNed Noodles, on 21 April 2019 - 12:35 AM, said:

heavy,med,td are weighted the same??????????????   not sure i agree with that

they are weighted, but MM doesn't give a hoot about how many of what (of heavies, mediums, and TD's) are on Team A. Team A could have 9 TD's and 1 medium... Team B could have 4 heavies, 3 mediums and 3 TD's... and I'll say each side has 3 lights and 2 SPG's. Their class is irrelevant... 

Ned Noodles #6 Posted 21 April 2019 - 06:01 AM

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 14349 battles
`

View PostVery Classy, on 21 April 2019 - 12:46 AM, said:

they are weighted, but MM doesn't give a hoot about how many of what (of heavies, mediums, and TD's) are on Team A. Team A could have 9 TD's and 1 medium... Team B could have 4 heavies, 3 mediums and 3 TD's... and I'll say each side has 3 lights and 2 SPG's. Their class is irrelevant... 

Is it impossible to match tier AND class for a battle, seems like iy would be more even contest

T00_Late_Checkm8 #7 Posted 21 April 2019 - 07:22 AM

Major

• Players
  • 20056 battles
  • [CCNL]

introduce +1/-1 mm and not only will WG win back a lot of players and lose just a few, they'll also be able to cut down on waiting times since the matchmaker only needs to pair 3 tiers (your tier, 1 below and 1 above) instead of 5.

I see 6/9k population during daytime and 2/6k during evenings and 1/2k in the very very early mornings so nothing anybody or even WG says will convince me that the current matchmaking is even remotely trying to give us the best matchmaking.

I'll happily wait 30 secs longer for an optimal balanced matchmaking instead of being dropped at the bottom of the list within nano seconds after i decide to plunge myself into this broken mess of a game. (which can still be awesome at times, i just wished they listened to me)

3 MOE: IS-6 - Aufkl Panther - Tiger 131 - Jackson - Pz.V/IV. 

Rubbelito #8 Posted 21 April 2019 - 08:26 AM

Major

• WoTC Online Contributor
  • 23168 battles
  • [KOALA]

View PostF4ST-D3V1LS, on 21 April 2019 - 09:22 AM, said:

introduce +1/-1 mm and not only will WG win back a lot of players and lose just a few, they'll also be able to cut down on waiting times since the matchmaker only needs to pair 3 tiers (your tier, 1 below and 1 above) instead of 5.

If I'm not completely off here, it would rather be the opposite.

MM would have fewer tanks to choose from when creating a battle lineup.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users