Helping players get better

Decision making Newb Noob Instruction Amx 13-75 13-57 French Auto loader

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

RaZoR burnes #1 Posted 21 April 2019 - 01:17 AM

Corporal

• Players
  • 8121 battles

So I've started a channel in an effort to give back to the community that has helped me so much.  Any advice, suggestions, critiques would be very welcome. I want to be able to help newbs, greens, and some blues. 

My background:  After 7k battles, my win rate is just shy of 52% and I was able to achieve super unicum stats while 3 marking the hellcat.  I specialize in tank destroyers (I've aced most of the ones I've been in more than a handful of times) but recently decided to "git gud" at lights.  I've sort of concluded that, when playing by myself, I can have the largest impact on whether we win or lose while playing as a scout.  So, I got an ace tanker in my 13-75 after only about 30 games in it. I've still got a lot to learn, but, while bringing my brother up to speed on the game, I realized I've got a lot to teach as well.  Let me know what you think.  Thanks in advance!

Always looking to help people learn.  Check out my latest:

https://youtu.be/sch5KrnEWLA

XBOX one GT: RaZoR burnes

bevenh #2 Posted 21 April 2019 - 01:42 AM

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 33430 battles
You are one in a million, mostly salty selfish players in the forum. I have thought that players here in real life are great people, but this game with all its frustrations, brings out the worse. If you help others and share your knowledge, thanks. all the best to you and good on you for being positive.

RaZoR burnes #3 Posted 21 April 2019 - 01:55 AM

Corporal

• Players
  • 8121 battles

Thank you!  But for real, I'm no angel.  I definitely get pissed at the game at times.  It is far from perfect but it is the best we have for this type of game...and knowing just a few things can make it so much more enjoyable.  Hell, I played a full year thinking light tankers were Gods because I didn't know how to use the lock on feature properly and thought it was broken and that they were aiming while driving. Lol  That alone took my game to a whole new level, even in my Hellcat.  The slow turret traverse means you really need to know whether or not you're going to have a shot on a guy before you waste the time it takes to spin that turret 180 degrees.  

Anyway, I think the vast majority of anger I hear from players is because they don't fully understand the game mechanics, primarily, and secondarily because they make bad in-game decisions.

Rommels Cat #4 Posted 21 April 2019 - 03:06 AM

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 2523 battles

I encourage all forumers to subscibe.

Op how about a gt pic n sig it help us remember who u r. 

Sammael85 #5 Posted 21 April 2019 - 03:14 AM

Major

• Players
  • 24633 battles
  • [FAC]
Something that always forget all those people that do better than bluesies like me, is that this game can force you into a bad game no matter how hard you try and how good you do.

I actually prefer to see stremings rather than sheer elected near-perfect games thrown up as "tutorials" because they reflect the pure reality of this game. You can learn how and what to do with any tank with time without a tutorial, but the patience to keep going thrown on seas of 14 green muppets again and again? Ha... you can't learn that on a perfect-game "tutorial"!

Some might say i'm not constructive enough... Too bad i'm actually a deconstructivist

Si eres español/hispano y te sientes aislado por WG, no estás solo: Hay un Batallón Exiliado dispuesto a ayudarte

Hear me ROAR!!!

Canibal 0x #6 Posted 21 April 2019 - 05:02 AM

Sergeant

• Players
  • 12950 battles
  • [BNKR-]
I regularly scoop players out of random matches that I see with a low battle count or horrible wn8. I know I’m not the best player around but I figure I can give them a rundown of the things I wish I would have known. A lot of people genuinely want to play better they just lack the knowledge of how to do so. I figure if I spend a couple hours with someone helping it’s way more productive than sending some awful rage message. A lot of times those guys that look like they have no idea what’s goin on really don’t. I feel bad for them because we have all been there. I know sometimes it sucks when a couple bad players cost you the game or get you killed. Everyone has bad games though some just more than others. If we all want to keep the servers populated and keep on playing the game we need to help these folks out. 

RaZoR burnes #7 Posted 21 April 2019 - 10:59 PM

Corporal

• Players
  • 8121 battles

View PostRommels Cat, on 20 April 2019 - 09:06 PM, said:

I encourage all forumers to subscibe.

Op how about a gt pic n sig it help us remember who u r. 

thanks!  I'll get on that.  How did you make your sig graphic?

RaZoR burnes #8 Posted 21 April 2019 - 11:01 PM

Corporal

• Players
  • 8121 battles
Cannibal, good on you for the effort.  When your teammates screw up, I've started telling myself that they are some 11 year old that just started playing. LOL. That keeps me from getting as pissed off as I otherwise would.

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users