Overlord - We'll see you on the beach!

• Please log in to reply
14 replies to this topic

TheTotalPackage7 #1 Posted 21 April 2019 - 07:26 AM

Corporal

• Players
  • 18488 battles

Okay, I've gotta ask why so many tanks go to the beach on this map. What's the advantage? Once you're down there you can only play 1/5 of the map. That doesn't seem very advantageous to me. That's 4/5 of the map you're unable to play. Why not just protect/guard the entrances coming from the beach. That way you can still help your team on the main battlefield.

Plus on Encounter mode the beach is practically futile. Just have the entire team go to the flag and it's an easy win. Let the enemy futilely send their tanks to the beach.

sergeant-slow741 #2 Posted 21 April 2019 - 09:07 AM

Captain

• Players
  • 24378 battles

View PostTheKleinKid, on 20 April 2019 - 11:26 PM, said:

Okay, I've gotta ask why so many tanks go to the beach on this map. What's the advantage? Once you're down there you can only play 1/5 of the map. That doesn't seem very advantageous to me. That's 4/5 of the map you're unable to play. Why not just protect/guard the entrances coming from the beach. That way you can still help your team on the main battlefield.

Plus on Encounter mode the beach is practically futile. Just have the entire team go to the flag and it's an easy win. Let the enemy futilely send their tanks to the beach.

Not everyone is as good as you and has their own playstyle.

End of passion play, crumbling away I'm your source of self destruction. Veins that pump with fear,sucking darkest clear leading on your death's destruction. Taste me you will see more as you need dedicated to how im killing you.

IBROX 04 #3 Posted 21 April 2019 - 09:56 AM

Major

• Players
  • 20549 battles
  • [BNKR]

View PostTheKleinKid, on 21 April 2019 - 08:26 AM, said:

PS4? Usually just one or two on Xbone  

Success is the ability to go from one failure to another with no loss of enthusiasm

Haukkis #4 Posted 21 April 2019 - 11:10 AM

Major

• Players
  • 34543 battles

View PostIBROX 04, on 21 April 2019 - 10:56 AM, said:

I play on Xbox One and typically 2-4 players go to the beach, sometimes even more :(

TheTotalPackage7 #5 Posted 21 April 2019 - 11:15 AM

Corporal

• Players
  • 18488 battles

View PostIBROX 04, on 21 April 2019 - 09:56 AM, said:

And that's the way it should be, but I played an Encounter match 2 days ago and almost half our team played the beach which is why I started this topic. We easily lost that match too.

View Postsergeant-slow741, on 21 April 2019 - 09:07 AM, said:

I was not trying to come off as arrogant by any means. I started this topic because I had an Encounter match a couple of days ago and half my team stayed on the beach. We lost the match very quickly, so I'm just venting if anything. That and trying to figure out what the intended strategy is of playing the beach.

Edited by TheKleinKid, 21 April 2019 - 11:17 AM.

HAIR OOH INN #6 Posted 21 April 2019 - 12:30 PM

Major

• Beta Tester
  • 19111 battles
  • [XRAN]
E5

NOW RECRUITING, MSG 4 DETAILS <------------

IBROX 04 #7 Posted 21 April 2019 - 01:49 PM

Major

• Players
  • 20549 battles
  • [BNKR]

View PostHaukkis, on 21 April 2019 - 12:10 PM, said:

I play on Xbox One and typically 2-4 players go to the beach, sometimes even more :(

I was joking 

View PostTheKleinKid, on 21 April 2019 - 12:15 PM, said:

And that's the way it should be, but I played an Encounter match 2 days ago and almost half our team played the beach which is why I started this topic. We easily lost that match too.

I was not trying to come off as arrogant by any means. I started this topic because I had an Encounter match a couple of days ago and half my team stayed on the beach. We lost the match very quickly, so I'm just venting if anything. That and trying to figure out what the intended strategy is of playing the beach.

Aye everyone knows the players base is the same on both consoles. 

Success is the ability to go from one failure to another with no loss of enthusiasm

Very Classy #8 Posted 21 April 2019 - 02:02 PM

Major

• Players
  • 33067 battles
  • [JOCO]

Regrettably, I have made beach push... but spawning on the 1-Line in a Japanese heavy in Assault mode (10 minute max) would take over a third of the match time just to get off the beach.

May Assault mode be forever removed.

There is literally an Xbox 360 in a museum, and this is the best joke you can come up with?
                                                                                         -- allhavoc

Red Five R5 #9 Posted 21 April 2019 - 02:55 PM

Major

• Players
  • 37539 battles
  • [D-12]

ppl go to beach because their tactics suck or they have none

they don't get ridgelines, gun depression, sidescraping, armour, being hull down etc

these ppl are the majority

the masses are asses

the jackass formerly known as someone else

"if you're gonna be cocky with me in my posts and you're still living with your parents, please get lost"

Ariesinho #10 Posted 06 September 2019 - 11:03 AM

Private

• Players
  • 1280 battles

View PostTheTotalPackage7, on 21 April 2019 - 07:26 AM, said:

Exactly what I wanted to ask. I played 26k battles on PC and recently started to play on PS4. Over and over on this map there is bunch of guys, like half of a team, on the beach, mostly heavies, which are easily stopped by two carefully positioned opponents. It was a defeat every time, of course.... And people are stubbornly going there... Buffling....

BB Zero Four #11 Posted 25 November 2019 - 11:25 AM

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 16474 battles

Yeah I'd always be scratching my head when I'd see people start heading to the beach on Overlord. You're heading down to the beach? On Overlord? Operation: Overlord, aka Normandy, D-Day, and you're electing to go from the top, down onto the beach... at Normandy? Ok well there's a tactical flop if I've ever seen one.

I think the actual reasoning for most that choose to purposefully put themselves at this massive tactical disadvantage is that they feel that the cliff wall provides some cover from artillery fire. They're not really thinking of how difficult it'll be to fight --what is quite literally an uphill battle-- to get back up off the beach if their team loses the other 80% of the map which is not the beach, their only concern is being safe from the indirect firing scumbags. This is what I assume, of course.

The reality is probably more along the lines of the beach being a simple straight corridor that's easy to understand -- if you can see it right out there in front of you, shoot! 

Truthfully one scout and one shooter can lockdown the entire beach. If you're down there adding an extra body to that, you're putting your team at a disadvantage.

ChewyTangy #12 Posted 26 November 2019 - 03:14 PM

Private

• Players
  • 2275 battles
  • [SRG]

i play for 3 years and still go beach, i play for fun not to become a super unhuman pro.. and when i go beach i usually do well, enough to give me good amount of silvers and XP.

madgunner122 #13 Posted 26 November 2019 - 06:19 PM

Private

• Players
  • 1870 battles
I play depending what side I spawn in at. I usually play T-30 and that serves me well on the beach as a good support vehicle. I have good gun depression where I can wreck Mediums on the beach out in the open. If I spawn further away from the beach, I find a place to hull down and hunker. Different play styles allow people to utilize the beach as a flank and not as a main battle

killer etzi0 #14 Posted 26 November 2019 - 06:26 PM

Major

• Players
  • 58943 battles
  • [47R]

View Postsergeant-slow741, on 21 April 2019 - 03:07 AM, said:

If your "play style" takes you to the beach on Overlord I suggest you need a new play style.

Just sayin...

"When you can't make them see the light, make them feel the heat."

Ronald Reagan

pilotguy79 #15 Posted 01 December 2019 - 08:16 AM

Captain

• Players
  • 17696 battles
  • [LIP]
its a horrible spot to go, sure you can win  if the enemy is full of muppets and can’t figure how to shoot down from the cliffs or hold choke points. But most times it’s easy to farm damage from the cliffs. People choose that route because it’s simple. Simply just drive forward and you don’t need to know how to angle or use any kind of hull down or ridge line tactics. It’s the most basic of game play strategy. Swap HP and hope you have a higher HP pool when you meet the enemy on the beach.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users