Jump to content


Ok, Im pretty angry


  • Please log in to reply
101 replies to this topic

XT356 #1 Posted 21 April 2019 - 12:06 PM

    Captain

  • Players
  • 7737 battles
  • 1,785
  • [SCRBS]
  • Member since:
    11-07-2013
I would like an answer from WG about how you guys "balance" these matches. One team having mostly mediums and the other having at guns at tier 10 is completely broken. Its been like this for nine matches in a roll. It isnt even remotely enjoyable to play with such a massive discrepancies between teams. Not to mention having far more lower tier tanks  on one team versus the other.

"I will eat your unhappiness"

"Time... line? Time isn't made out of lines. It is made out of circles. That is why clocks are round!"

"I hope you brought you wallet...cuz the rent in HELL gets paying in advance!"


LIT SKULL987 #2 Posted 21 April 2019 - 12:42 PM

    Staff sergeant

  • Players
  • 25737 battles
  • 415
  • Member since:
    04-02-2017
saw alot of this last night l, total mis matches

BigHundy #3 Posted 21 April 2019 - 12:46 PM

    Major

  • Players
  • 9088 battles
  • 3,472
  • [1V29]
  • Member since:
    12-27-2016

These are merely signs of a dying game. Nothing to do with WG's MM.

 


I'm just sitting here watching the wheels go round and round


Koncorde #4 Posted 21 April 2019 - 12:48 PM

    Captain

  • Players
  • 22708 battles
  • 1,610
  • Member since:
    06-08-2014
The impact of a heavy Vs medium team is a bit skewed depending on the map in particular, and made even worse by certain players being unable to adapt to a different battle mentality. Few players are able to play for view range and mobility, and end up trying to go nose to nose in the same lemming alleys.

TsprinTs #5 Posted 21 April 2019 - 12:54 PM

    First lieutenant

  • Players
  • 34673 battles
  • 560
  • Member since:
    07-10-2015

This has been brought up millions times. They may need another 5 years to fix this since their ENGINEER has no clue how to fix it.

Suggestion:  fire that engineer and get someone who can do this job.

 



Rommels Cat #6 Posted 21 April 2019 - 12:56 PM

    Sergeant

  • Players
  • 850 battles
  • 169
  • Member since:
    03-28-2019

 



BigHundy #7 Posted 21 April 2019 - 01:03 PM

    Major

  • Players
  • 9088 battles
  • 3,472
  • [1V29]
  • Member since:
    12-27-2016

View PostTsprinTs, on 21 April 2019 - 12:54 PM, said:

This has been brought up millions times. They may need another 5 years to fix this since their ENGINEER has no clue how to fix it.

Suggestion:  fire that engineer and get someone who can do this job.

 

 

This is just wrong.

This is the type of thinking that gets PC MM to console.

Overall I don't have an issue with the MM.

People tend to use it as an excuse for bad games. You can't win every game. The elite of all elite have what, a 65% win rate?

Platoon MM can skew results, but if we removed the heaviness of platoons, then it would be anarchy,

If we removed the weight of heavy tanks, it would be anarchy.

 

I think it's the best of both worlds right now. It could be MUCH. MUCH. worse. And on any given night if you were to play 15-20 games and logged them all individually, it would balance out.

 

So in summation. Git gud. Quit your whiny attitude. Kill more tanks.

 


I'm just sitting here watching the wheels go round and round


sergeant-slow741 #8 Posted 21 April 2019 - 01:08 PM

    First lieutenant

  • Players
  • 16819 battles
  • 611
  • Member since:
    02-24-2017

View PostBigHundy, on 21 April 2019 - 05:03 AM, said:

 

This is just wrong.

This is the type of thinking that gets PC MM to console.

Overall I don't have an issue with the MM.

People tend to use it as an excuse for bad games. You can't win every game. The elite of all elite have what, a 65% win rate?

Platoon MM can skew results, but if we removed the heaviness of platoons, then it would be anarchy,

If we removed the weight of heavy tanks, it would be anarchy.

 

I think it's the best of both worlds right now. It could be MUCH. MUCH. worse. And on any given night if you were to play 15-20 games and logged them all individually, it would balance out.

 

So in summation. Git gud. Quit your whiny attitude. Kill more tanks.

 

 

Are you HIGH ? Your not playing the same game as me then.
End of passion play, crumbling away I'm your source of self destruction. Veins that pump with fear,sucking darkest clear leading on your death's destruction. Taste me you will see more as you need dedicated to how im killing you.

redshadowrider #9 Posted 21 April 2019 - 01:16 PM

    Major

  • Players
  • 34872 battles
  • 7,564
  • Member since:
    03-17-2014
Hmm, so what do you mean by anarchy?  Maybe we ought to try it.  :trollface:
I'm just saying.....

El Materdor43 #10 Posted 21 April 2019 - 01:39 PM

    Major

  • Players
  • 31060 battles
  • 8,290
  • [HACKS]
  • Member since:
    03-02-2014

View PostKoncorde, on 21 April 2019 - 07:48 AM, said:

The impact of a heavy Vs medium team is a bit skewed depending on the map in particular, and made even worse by certain players being unable to adapt to a different battle mentality. Few players are able to play for view range and mobility, and end up trying to go nose to nose in the same lemming alleys.

You are missing the point of what the OP is saying. It has nothing to do with any of what you said. Simply put, one team gets more armor, more HP and a better chance to win due to the makeup of teams. There is no excuse for it.

 

You could have saved yourself a lot of space by just saying “Get good”  


   

 

                                                                                                                                               

                                                                                                                

 


BigHundy #11 Posted 21 April 2019 - 01:44 PM

    Major

  • Players
  • 9088 battles
  • 3,472
  • [1V29]
  • Member since:
    12-27-2016

View Postsergeant-slow741, on 21 April 2019 - 01:08 PM, said:

 

Are you HIGH ? Your not playing the same game as me then.

 

You are right, we aren't playing the same game.

I forgot what forum I was on.

 

 


I'm just sitting here watching the wheels go round and round


STUART SHERMAN #12 Posted 21 April 2019 - 02:33 PM

    Captain

  • Beta Tester
  • 37623 battles
  • 1,707
  • [FLT]
  • Member since:
    09-10-2013

View PostBigHundy, on 21 April 2019 - 08:03 AM, said:

 

This is just wrong.

This is the type of thinking that gets PC MM to console.

Overall I don't have an issue with the MM.

People tend to use it as an excuse for bad games. You can't win every game. The elite of all elite have what, a 65% win rate?

Platoon MM can skew results, but if we removed the heaviness of platoons, then it would be anarchy,

If we removed the weight of heavy tanks, it would be anarchy.

 

I think it's the best of both worlds right now. It could be MUCH. MUCH. worse. And on any given night if you were to play 15-20 games and logged them all individually, it would balance out.

 

So in summation. Git gud. Quit your whiny attitude. Kill more tanks.

 

 

I am in general agreement here. Too much is made of MM and if you think it’s skewed against you run your own test over the course of at least 50 games. I found they were for me as much as against me. Platoons don’t concern me much either as it’s mostly the same caliber players that are solo. I do look for individual gamer tags, as recognizing an able tanker Green, or Red has more importance to me. 

 


                                   

                                                     "Stop it with all the negative waves..."    Oddball


LIT SKULL987 #13 Posted 21 April 2019 - 03:11 PM

    Staff sergeant

  • Players
  • 25737 battles
  • 415
  • Member since:
    04-02-2017

View PostBigHundy, on 21 April 2019 - 01:03 PM, said:

 

This is just wrong.

This is the type of thinking that gets PC MM to console.

Overall I don't have an issue with the MM.

People tend to use it as an excuse for bad games. You can't win every game. The elite of all elite have what, a 65% win rate?

Platoon MM can skew results, but if we removed the heaviness of platoons, then it would be anarchy,

If we removed the weight of heavy tanks, it would be anarchy.

 

I think it's the best of both worlds right now. It could be MUCH. MUCH. worse. And on any given night if you were to play 15-20 games and logged them all individually, it would balance out.

 

So in summation. Git gud. Quit your whiny attitude. Kill more tanks.

 

get gud ? whiny ? kill more tanks ?sorry mr perfect , i know a even match game when i see one and am not seeing many lately , not talking platoons either ,oh and by the way its no fun for me when the reds have a weak team either its not about getting gud its a fair fight i want to see


Edited by LIT SKULL987, 21 April 2019 - 03:16 PM.


Koncorde #14 Posted 21 April 2019 - 03:11 PM

    Captain

  • Players
  • 22708 battles
  • 1,610
  • Member since:
    06-08-2014

View PostEl Materdor43, on 21 April 2019 - 01:39 PM, said:

You are missing the point of what the OP is saying. It has nothing to do with any of what you said. Simply put, one team gets more armor, more HP and a better chance to win due to the makeup of teams. There is no excuse for it.

 

You could have saved yourself a lot of space by just saying “Get good”  

 

Sometimes they do. Sometimes the MM is bollocks, and I have complained enough about it in the past.

 

However...

 

Sometimes however the team is "balanced", but the players don't know how to use the mechanics given to them, or the map supports one particular tank type the most, or there is one particular tank on one team or the other that no other tank can pen.



bevenh #15 Posted 21 April 2019 - 03:17 PM

    First lieutenant

  • Players
  • 31663 battles
  • 735
  • Member since:
    01-24-2016
Just a thought, could WG do this purposefully? Could it be intentionally done? When you think next to nothing has been done to fix this Hugh problem. But, why why make us players suffer. All this makes no sense for the future of this game.

BigHundy #16 Posted 21 April 2019 - 03:41 PM

    Major

  • Players
  • 9088 battles
  • 3,472
  • [1V29]
  • Member since:
    12-27-2016

View PostLIT SKULL987, on 21 April 2019 - 03:11 PM, said:

get gud ? whiny ? kill more tanks ?sorry mr perfect , i know a even match game when i see one and am not seeing many lately , not talking platoons either ,oh and by the way its no fun for me when the reds have a weak team either its not about getting gud its a fair fight i want to see

 

So your recent win rate is 49% and mine is 60%.

We get the same matchmaking.

 

What's the difference?

If you want a more fair fight perhaps you should in fact try harder. learn the game more. and thus win more.

 

I'm not trying to be a jerk here but it seems the majority of the people that complain about the matchmaker are average players.

I was a complete tomato once.

And I have risen.

You can, too.


I'm just sitting here watching the wheels go round and round


Maddog STS #17 Posted 21 April 2019 - 03:45 PM

    Sergeant

  • Players
  • 8779 battles
  • 157
  • [-OFF-]
  • Member since:
    10-22-2014

Since I belong to a clan, we often platoon with each other. I have noticed that more often than not, while playing in a platoon of 4 or 5 (and the communication is great:great: ;), we are often 2 tiers down from the rest of the players, and often the only tanks of that tier in the entire match.

 

I suspect this was WG's effort to satisfy the "anti-platoon whiners" during the last big update, but it really puts a damper on platooning when you are a clan member.

And, for the record, I do advocate reducing platoons to no more than 3.


OF&F...watch yourself, or I'll hit you with my cane!

 

Prior Service: 1984-1990, US Army, 4th ID, 61st ADA, Charlie Battery, 3rd Platoon, 3rd Squad, M48 Chaparral Sr Gunner


LIT SKULL987 #18 Posted 21 April 2019 - 03:48 PM

    Staff sergeant

  • Players
  • 25737 battles
  • 415
  • Member since:
    04-02-2017

View PostBigHundy, on 21 April 2019 - 03:41 PM, said:

 

So your recent win rate is 49% and mine is 60%.

We get the same matchmaking.

 

What's the difference?

If you want a more fair fight perhaps you should in fact try harder. learn the game more. and thus win more.

 

I'm not trying to be a jerk here but it seems the majority of the people that complain about the matchmaker are average players.

I was a complete tomato once.

And I have risen.

You can, too.

 

stat checking already glad you did cause i never do ,last time i looked 6 months ago it was 48 so i am getting better thanks for that , and doubt if i will ever get as good as you:trollface:

BigHundy #19 Posted 21 April 2019 - 03:53 PM

    Major

  • Players
  • 9088 battles
  • 3,472
  • [1V29]
  • Member since:
    12-27-2016

View PostLIT SKULL987, on 21 April 2019 - 03:48 PM, said:

 

stat checking already glad you did cause i never do ,last time i looked 6 months ago it was 48 so i am getting better thanks for that , and doubt if i will ever get as good as you:trollface:

It isn't a point of getting good. or as good as someone. Look around there are countless people here far superior to me.

This is my second account. My PS4 account was tomato/green bean for thousands and thousands of battles and I have clawed it out into a 1700wn8 with very little effort. You can, too, if you cared. But seeing as you said you don't care, why are you complaining about the teams? If stats are important to you, then why do you care if the fight is fair? or that you win? or which team has the most tier 10 tanks. It's irrelevant if you're not trying to improve.

 

Secondly I looked at your recent stats to see if your win rate was higher than your average, which it was, but only by a mere 1%. If I saw that it was significantly higher I would've used it in the argument the exact same way. The actual numbers mean nothing, though. According to you.


Edited by BigHundy, 21 April 2019 - 03:54 PM.

I'm just sitting here watching the wheels go round and round


LIT SKULL987 #20 Posted 21 April 2019 - 04:09 PM

    Staff sergeant

  • Players
  • 25737 battles
  • 415
  • Member since:
    04-02-2017
 i do care about winning each  game  for my team not my stats , stats i could not care less about ,  if i getter better stats fair enough , i only said  i do  not stat check  , yours or mine or anyboby else , that does not mean i do not care about winning, oh and is 49 a tomato or potato? i get mixed up?

Edited by LIT SKULL987, 21 April 2019 - 04:19 PM.





1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users