Jump to content


Defender to buy, or not to buy

Defender

  • Please log in to reply
15 replies to this topic

LiteralComic635 #1 Posted 22 April 2019 - 07:57 PM

    Captain

  • Players
  • 387 battles
  • 1,302
  • Member since:
    11-21-2016

That is the question. All reviews, well most, indicate Defender is a great tank. It's on sale, but I have hundreds of tanks, and I already have Gorny, Fatherland and Scourge, do I need to add a Defender to my garage? Very tempted but I would love to hear other players opinion if Defender is a"must have" premium Russian heavy.

 

ChubbyBuckle06



Choco14Chain214 #2 Posted 22 April 2019 - 08:39 PM

    Sergeant

  • Players
  • 21122 battles
  • 111
  • Member since:
    08-28-2015
I bought it this week,  it's OK and some games are great... Just thought the armor would be more consistent but so far pretty good in just a couple of battles 

HomicidalApple0 #3 Posted 22 April 2019 - 10:01 PM

    First lieutenant

  • Players
  • 2919 battles
  • 964
  • Member since:
    12-25-2018

View PostFourteenChain21, on 22 April 2019 - 08:39 PM, said:

I bought it this week,  it's OK and some games are great... Just thought the armor would be more consistent but so far pretty good in just a couple of battles 

It’s an is7 Hull, it’s got fantastic armor to be quite honest. 

 

As to the OP, it’s a great machine but if you have hundreds of tanks and own the scourge you have a very similar machine as is. If money’s no issue then sure do it but really the scourge is great as well and from what I’ve seen here it’s very similar 



Choco14Chain214 #4 Posted 22 April 2019 - 10:49 PM

    Sergeant

  • Players
  • 21122 battles
  • 111
  • Member since:
    08-28-2015

View PostHomicidalApple0, on 22 April 2019 - 10:01 PM, said:

It’s an is7 Hull, it’s got fantastic armor to be quite honest. 

 

As to the OP, it’s a great machine but if you have hundreds of tanks and own the scourge you have a very similar machine as is. If money’s no issue then sure do it but really the scourge is great as well and from what I’ve seen here it’s very similar 

 

 

Really   you have 20 battles in it and a 35% win rate .. It's no IS-7 trust me



Haukkis #5 Posted 22 April 2019 - 10:50 PM

    Major

  • Players
  • 33710 battles
  • 2,789
  • Member since:
    08-05-2015
Yes. It's an awesome vehicle :)

HomicidalApple0 #6 Posted 22 April 2019 - 11:07 PM

    First lieutenant

  • Players
  • 2919 battles
  • 964
  • Member since:
    12-25-2018

View PostFourteenChain21, on 22 April 2019 - 10:49 PM, said:

 

 

Really   you have 20 battles in it and a 35% win rate .. It's no IS-7 trust me

I bought mine in the anniversary bundle when I first started playing the game and I was just bad in any machine, see my minuteman stats as well, I’ve played a few games in it recently and have done quite well in it. Sure it’s no is7 but it’s a comparable tier 8 counterpart. 

 

If you ask most most they will say it’s a very strong heavy tank. 

 

Besides looking at my win rate is a horrible way to judge it. Of all tier 8 Russian tanks it has the 2nd Hughes numbers needed to mark it behind the Guardian STG. With quite a bit of games it’s basing that off of, defender is in a lot of matches daily that I see. 



HomicidalApple0 #7 Posted 22 April 2019 - 11:19 PM

    First lieutenant

  • Players
  • 2919 battles
  • 964
  • Member since:
    12-25-2018

View PostFourteenChain21, on 22 April 2019 - 10:49 PM, said:

 

 

Really   you have 20 battles in it and a 35% win rate .. It's no IS-7 trust me

And hold on a minute I have 28 battles in mine and a 47% win rate in my defender I don’t know what you’re looking at but I can see it on my stats. 



Very Classy #8 Posted 22 April 2019 - 11:41 PM

    Major

  • Players
  • 31601 battles
  • 3,531
  • [JOCO]
  • Member since:
    04-24-2014

Personally, I prefer the Scourge... but 440 alpha is real nice, if only the shell would land where I aim. Lol.

 



There is literally an Xbox 360 in a museum, and this is the best joke you can come up with?
                                                                                         -- allhavoc


Choco14Chain214 #9 Posted 23 April 2019 - 12:32 AM

    Sergeant

  • Players
  • 21122 battles
  • 111
  • Member since:
    08-28-2015
I had a tiger p rip through my armor?  Small sample size of like 25 games but thought the armor was solid... Maybe just mine isn't OP

Edited by FourteenChain21, 23 April 2019 - 01:07 AM.


LiteralComic635 #10 Posted 23 April 2019 - 07:14 AM

    Captain

  • Players
  • 387 battles
  • 1,302
  • Member since:
    11-21-2016

Thanks for the input all! I don't think I needed it, but I decided to get it. One battle in, no regrets, it's a Super Scourge, and I'm going to love having it in my garage.

 

ChubbyBuckle06



Choco14Chain214 #11 Posted 23 April 2019 - 02:20 PM

    Sergeant

  • Players
  • 21122 battles
  • 111
  • Member since:
    08-28-2015
Just Played  mine more and i want a refund   mine must have been made on a Monday and they forgot add the bounce armor . . They gave me the auto pen armor?  What am I doing wrong 

Edited by FourteenChain21, 23 April 2019 - 02:32 PM.


LiteralComic635 #12 Posted 23 April 2019 - 03:21 PM

    Captain

  • Players
  • 387 battles
  • 1,302
  • Member since:
    11-21-2016

View PostFourteenChain21, on 23 April 2019 - 02:20 PM, said:

Just Played  mine more and i want a refund   mine must have been made on a Monday and they forgot add the bounce armor . . They gave me the auto pen armor?  What am I doing wrong 

 

Didn't you send Max and Rai cashiers checks to add the 'special' armor and insta-pen (no aim required) gun? Kidding of course! (Or am I?)

 

Seriously though, lower plate is generally a potential pen. Have to keep it hidden. Only played mine once last night, but it is nimble, hits hard, and from battling them since release I have some idea of what to protect now that I have one. It is critical to remember that there are precisely zero tanks in the game that have 'nigh on impenetrable armor' and can't be defeated.

 

ChubbyBuckle06



SoMuchHard #13 Posted 27 April 2019 - 12:28 PM

    Sergeant

  • Beta Tester
  • 18524 battles
  • 115
  • [PX]
  • Member since:
    08-23-2013

View PostLiteralComic635, on 22 April 2019 - 08:57 PM, said:

That is the question. All reviews, well most, indicate Defender is a great tank. It's on sale, but I have hundreds of tanks, and I already have Gorny, Fatherland and Scourge, do I need to add a Defender to my garage? Very tempted but I would love to hear other players opinion if Defender is a"must have" premium Russian heavy.

 

ChubbyBuckle06

 

All the mentioned tanks are completely inferior than the defender/252U. The alpha is better, the armor is great also against high tier. There is no story between the four.

Clearly meant face to face with the others heavies. Don't think to snipe with all four these tanks. :trollface:



LIT SKULL987 #14 Posted 27 April 2019 - 12:41 PM

    First lieutenant

  • Players
  • 28585 battles
  • 576
  • Member since:
    04-02-2017

View PostVery Classy, on 22 April 2019 - 11:41 PM, said:

Personally, I prefer the Scourge... but 440 alpha is real nice, if only the shell would land where I aim. Lol.

 

thats the thing i am finding , and i thought the jageroo gun was bad for missing ! i smashed 2 is6s in one battle   last night ,felt good ,they bounced every round on me :trollface: answer to op , its great tank that faces tier 10 alot , but it can bounce even their  rounds , good earner, t


Edited by LIT SKULL987, 27 April 2019 - 01:19 PM.


SoMuchHard #15 Posted 27 April 2019 - 02:30 PM

    Sergeant

  • Beta Tester
  • 18524 battles
  • 115
  • [PX]
  • Member since:
    08-23-2013

View PostLIT SKULL987, on 27 April 2019 - 01:41 PM, said:

thats the thing i am finding , and i thought the jageroo gun was bad for missing ! i smashed 2 is6s  last night ,felt good ,they bounced every round on me :trollface: answer to op ,the lower plate must  keep it protected

 

Of course they bounce. Cause the IS6's inadequate and obsolete pen.

DarkNeonNova #16 Posted 03 May 2019 - 11:42 PM

    Sergeant

  • Players
  • 19136 battles
  • 166
  • [MZFTS]
  • Member since:
    08-10-2013
It's a broke is7 at tier 8, you can play dumb an do well





Also tagged with Defender

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users