The "Machine" contract is a walk in the park compared to 2018's Tusk one!

Mercenary contract Contracts Tusk Machine

• Please log in to reply
29 replies to this topic

FinlandRed #21 Posted 26 April 2019 - 11:58 AM

Captain

• Players
  • 21538 battles

View PostP6X330, on 26 April 2019 - 11:47 AM, said:

I saw one yesterday, and I wondered how it was possible to have it a few days after it was released. I am still at stage 2.

I wouldn't worry. I've not even had a chance to start. Not even sure which tank to use for stage 3 as I've never completed a mercenary contract or played the British TT tanks.

P6X330 #22 Posted 26 April 2019 - 03:31 PM

Major

• Supertest - PS4
  • 15876 battles
  • [AMXS]

View PostFinlandRed, on 26 April 2019 - 05:58 AM, said:

I wouldn't worry. I've not even had a chance to start. Not even sure which tank to use for stage 3 as I've never completed a mercenary contract or played the British TT tanks.

If you look at "Tank Academy for players by players" topic, you will find a post about what tank to use for someone that has no Brit./Czech tank.

I was in that situation; I asked for advice and got some.

Having had attempted to grind the Czech line at some point in the past, I was only 2k XP short of the T 24;

Using War Stories and Proving Grounds, I got through to the last package in two days. So I am ready to Stage 3 and 4.

But at this very moment, I am/have been unable to get two consecutive victories in Stage 2;

Bad teams are in the same battle. Good teams work together! don't complain, contribute.

FolkishNickel27 #23 Posted 26 April 2019 - 07:20 PM

Captain

• Players
  • 30646 battles
  • [47R]

The "re-worked" Merc contracts seems to be making more sense. I got all the way to the final Tusk stage last year but literally just couldn't stomach all the repetition at the final stage and let the contract expire.

This Machine contract seems to make sense. Currently at the only stage I was worried a little bit about, setting fire to a vehicle. Lots of turtle rounds getting flung in about 8 games but no fire yet.

Hope to get a fire tonight or this weekend. :harp:

Otherwise stages seem reasonable and require some lines I rarely grind.... so this gives me a reason to complete the Czech line.

P6X330 #24 Posted 27 April 2019 - 01:31 AM

Major

• Supertest - PS4
  • 15876 battles
  • [AMXS]

View PostFolkishNickel27, on 26 April 2019 - 01:20 PM, said:

The "re-worked" Merc contracts seems to be making more sense. I got all the way to the final Tusk stage last year but literally just couldn't stomach all the repetition at the final stage and let the contract expire.

This Machine contract seems to make sense. Currently at the only stage I was worried a little bit about, setting fire to a vehicle. Lots of turtle rounds getting flung in about 8 games but no fire yet.

Hope to get a fire tonight or this weekend. :harp:

Otherwise stages seem reasonable and require some lines I rarely grind.... so this gives me a reason to complete the Czech line.

I liked the fact that the Tusk contract was challenging, with regards to the medals you had to get. Towards the end, it is just perseverance, so it does not really count.

The Machine contract is more accessible and less repulsive. But, it is still an incentive to play the game, so why not?

Bad teams are in the same battle. Good teams work together! don't complain, contribute.

FolkishNickel27 #25 Posted 30 April 2019 - 06:04 PM

Captain

• Players
  • 30646 battles
  • [47R]

View PostP6X330, on 26 April 2019 - 09:31 PM, said:

I liked the fact that the Tusk contract was challenging, with regards to the medals you had to get. Towards the end, it is just perseverance, so it does not really count.

The Machine contract is more accessible and less repulsive. But, it is still an incentive to play the game, so why not?

I agree and actually was able to get the fire the same day I wrote the original post :rolleyes:

Already have the 4 snipers for the 6th(?) and then I think it is basically grinding to the end, but with a decent variety of tanks I enjoy/have to grind. :B

P6X330 #26 Posted 01 May 2019 - 11:44 AM

Major

• Supertest - PS4
  • 15876 battles
  • [AMXS]

View PostFolkishNickel27, on 30 April 2019 - 12:04 PM, said:

I agree and actually was able to get the fire the same day I wrote the original post :rolleyes:

Already have the 4 snipers for the 6th(?) and then I think it is basically grinding to the end, but with a decent variety of tanks I enjoy/have to grind. :B

I am having a hard time so far. I am paying the price of not having diversified my tank park, and my Stage 4 is an ordeal.

Only two tanks with miserable Alpha, Skoda's T 24 and T 25, T 25 second package only and under trained crew.

The Skoda T 24 seems to be holding its own, consistently in Tier V battles. T 25 has so far been almost exclusively in Tier VIII battles, and I have not yet found the way to play it.

I am looking forward to Stage 5.... possibly today!

NorrisHeadThing #27 Posted 01 May 2019 - 12:17 PM

Sergeant

• Players
  • 22524 battles
Still grinding the Tusk but only got about 200K xp on the final stage with just under 100 days left so I should be OK
I'll look at the Machine then

FlexedCornet40 #28 Posted 01 May 2019 - 12:22 PM

First lieutenant

• Supertest - Xbox One
  • 20014 battles
  • [-PLA-]

View PostP6X330, on 01 May 2019 - 11:44 AM, said:

I am having a hard time so far. I am paying the price of not having diversified my tank park, and my Stage 4 is an ordeal.

Only two tanks with miserable Alpha, Skoda's T 24 and T 25, T 25 second package only and under trained crew.

The Skoda T 24 seems to be holding its own, consistently in Tier V battles. T 25 has so far been almost exclusively in Tier VIII battles, and I have not yet found the way to play it.

I share your pain. I am at stage 6 and have only 4 tanks, one of which is TVP VTU which is all around bad. Thank goodness I have Cruncher which is pretty good and does most of the heavy lifting. Need one more sniper and some xp to advance. Was thinking about the Sharpshooter contract as I think I play light better. But I heard the high caliber requirements are too much...

FolkishNickel27 #29 Posted 01 May 2019 - 03:50 PM

Captain

• Players
  • 30646 battles
  • [47R]

View PostP6X330, on 01 May 2019 - 07:44 AM, said:

Oof. I am just glad I was able to get the tier 9s available so I can have a decent variety. Stage 6 will be complete tonight. Last night I had an horrific night of tanking, but I was able to get through to be able to finish stage 6 after work later today.

Good luck and probably a good idea (for both of us) to take occasional breaks from the grind to play a variety of tanks for "fun" Good luck!!

I pok smote #30 Posted 01 May 2019 - 05:35 PM

Captain

• Players
  • 12068 battles
I own a t1 heavy

Also tagged with Mercenary contract, Contracts, Tusk, Machine

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users