Jump to content


P.43 Bis - Help Please


  • Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

Marengo333 #1 Posted 24 April 2019 - 06:41 PM

    Sergeant

  • Players
  • 25033 battles
  • 202
  • [RETRO]
  • Member since:
    10-09-2016

Been grinding the Italian line. I found Tiers 1-3 tanks weak but playable, the Tier 4 a nice tank, also the Tier 5 (Enjoyed those two)

Am now on the P43.bis only the last package to get and am finding it Slow for a medium, possessing no armour and a gun that is so inaccurate it has me screaming at the screen for the first time in a very, very long time. Just had 2 games in a row where I did Zero damage. 

It can't be as bad as I feel it is, I must just be playing it wrong but it's armour and reload means it can't brawl and it's accuracy means it can't snipe, what should I do?



TheOnlyTrueNoob #2 Posted 24 April 2019 - 06:57 PM

    Captain

  • Players
  • 17742 battles
  • 1,679
  • [KAPPA]
  • Member since:
    12-04-2015

It's a bad tank, do not try and use the armour (except against low tiers) or speed in close quarters. Instead, use that concealment, get yourself in a sneaky position where you can fully aim in safety. Move in only when it's safe but get close enough that the terrible accuracy isn't to much of a issue. 

 

The Italian tier 7 and 9 also require good knowledge of keeping your tank concealed so maybe spend some time practicing with the tier 6 or 7.

 

I three marked it using:

Vents

Optics 

Rammer


2/3 Marked Tanks

 


animatethant #3 Posted 24 April 2019 - 07:23 PM

    Major

  • Players
  • 77602 battles
  • 6,804
  • Member since:
    04-07-2014

Grind the tank slowly in war stories or the other ones. 

 

Save your sanity so you can play Tonks. No point driving yourself crazy with a mediocre tank against tier 8s and with a team of potatoes. 



Marengo333 #4 Posted 24 April 2019 - 07:52 PM

    Sergeant

  • Players
  • 25033 battles
  • 202
  • [RETRO]
  • Member since:
    10-09-2016

Thanks both

 

Slapped camo on it and had three decent games in a row, then came a heavily tier 8 game, 10 hits, no pens (even with prammo) firing into the sides and rear of - admittedly mostly heavy -red tank, and spotted by every tier 8 even at distance. (City map, no bushes to hide in)

 

I think that War-stories might be the answer to this one.

 

I appreciate you both taking the time to give me advice.

Cheers



Gallant Prime #5 Posted 24 April 2019 - 08:05 PM

    Major

  • WoTC Ambassador
  • 43880 battles
  • 3,789
  • [47R]
  • Member since:
    02-12-2014

I don't remember the grind on the tier 6 being that bad and it wasn't that long ago.  The top gun is really nice--tier 6 TD like damage on a medium.  I find playing the Italians a lot like the tier 7 Swedish medium--a lot like a light tank--a slower light tank.  

 

Ah just looked at the lower gun stats for the tier 6.  Yep, that is going to suck but at least the good gun is available on the second package.  


 


The 747 Gambit #6 Posted 24 April 2019 - 08:22 PM

    Private

  • Players
  • 30176 battles
  • 4
  • Member since:
    03-16-2014
It's not dynamic for a medium (bad armor, slow, shell speed is ridiculously sloooooow), but it does have good alpha, good base camo, a workable view range and decent gun depression. I run mine with binocs, vents, and a rammer. Slap some camo paint on it, lurk in the mid-range of hilly terrain, and avoid staying in one place too long (see: arty) or getting in straight trading fights with, say, a Thunderbolt. I'd like to say the top engine makes a big difference (it doesn't), but with a little patience and keeping this thing out of the direct line of fire, you can do 2K damage before you know it. Finally, make sure you bring 6-12 skill rounds along, because, you know, the extra skill will help if you have to punch through the front of a T29 or IS.

animatethant #7 Posted 24 April 2019 - 08:36 PM

    Major

  • Players
  • 77602 battles
  • 6,804
  • Member since:
    04-07-2014

View PostMarengo333, on 24 April 2019 - 11:52 AM, said:

Thanks both

 

Slapped camo on it and had three decent games in a row, then came a heavily tier 8 game, 10 hits, no pens (even with prammo) firing into the sides and rear of - admittedly mostly heavy -red tank, and spotted by every tier 8 even at distance. (City map, no bushes to hide in)

 

I think that War-stories might be the answer to this one.

 

I appreciate you both taking the time to give me advice.

Cheers

You're welcome.

 

They've tweaked war stories once again in recent months.

 

Live fire is more consistent now, as an example.

 

Silver and experience earnings are still significantly nerfed compared to the past but at least the bots are less aggressive now and once you get the pattern down you can usually finish live fire, for example, in one piece and fulfill most if not all the objectives and ops.

 

Usually you're in the positive.

 

Plus you can slowly accrue the war stories benefits and stage rewards and save your sanity at the same time. 

 

I don't think it's in wargaming's interest to turn you off tanks totally by making you  suffer through horrific stock grinds without giving you a simple alternatives.



Wroclaw #8 Posted 25 April 2019 - 12:49 AM

    Major

  • Players
  • 53806 battles
  • 4,520
  • Member since:
    08-28-2016

View PostMarengo333, on 24 April 2019 - 06:41 PM, said:

Been grinding the Italian line. I found Tiers 1-3 tanks weak but playable, the Tier 4 a nice tank, also the Tier 5 (Enjoyed those two)

Am now on the P43.bis only the last package to get and am finding it Slow for a medium, possessing no armour and a gun that is so inaccurate it has me screaming at the screen for the first time in a very, very long time. Just had 2 games in a row where I did Zero damage. 

It can't be as bad as I feel it is, I must just be playing it wrong but it's armour and reload means it can't brawl and it's accuracy means it can't snipe, what should I do?

 

didnt like the 5. just the same gun as the 4.

 

the 6 tho is a keeper. 240 alpha at tier 6 :-)


Edited by Wroclaw, 25 April 2019 - 12:52 AM.


Morpheus02007 #9 Posted 25 April 2019 - 05:22 PM

    Major

  • Players
  • 14269 battles
  • 6,281
  • Member since:
    02-13-2014
The tier 6 a bad tank? I really think it's a good tank. It's armor is decent, which tier VI medium got much better armor? And the 90mm top gun is a real damage dealer. I have few games in it, but one of those games was nearly a 3000dmg game. 140mm pen with AP and 180mm pen with APCR doing 240dmg every 6,9sec....I think that's really good.
Garage

Thanks to xRoni7x for this awesome sig!


Koncorde #10 Posted 25 April 2019 - 10:48 PM

    Captain

  • Players
  • 24123 battles
  • 1,743
  • Member since:
    06-08-2014

View PostTheOnlyTrueNoob, on 24 April 2019 - 06:57 PM, said:

It's a bad tank, do not try and use the armour (except against low tiers) or speed in close quarters.

 

People keep saying this, but the frontal armour is actually amongst the best for mediums at the same tier, and thicker than most heavies and well angled to boot.

 

Not suggesting you go toe to toe with a KV85, but it's among the most bouncy of tanks I have ever played.

 

Everything else is true though. Thoroughly enjoyed it though.



TheOnlyTrueNoob #11 Posted 25 April 2019 - 10:55 PM

    Captain

  • Players
  • 17742 battles
  • 1,679
  • [KAPPA]
  • Member since:
    12-04-2015

View PostKoncorde, on 25 April 2019 - 10:48 PM, said:

 

People keep saying this, but the frontal armour is actually amongst the best for mediums at the same tier, and thicker than most heavies and well angled to boot.

 

Not suggesting you go toe to toe with a KV85, but it's among the most bouncy of tanks I have ever played.

 

Everything else is true though. Thoroughly enjoyed it though.

 

I'm going off my personal experience but whilst it can bounce same tier guns, I don't find it nearly consistent enough to risk trying to use in a close quarters fight. 

2/3 Marked Tanks

 


Koncorde #12 Posted 25 April 2019 - 11:01 PM

    Captain

  • Players
  • 24123 battles
  • 1,743
  • Member since:
    06-08-2014
It benefits from any kind of angle more than almost any tank at tier, apart from maybe the Sherman's (the E2 in particular, but that is already a monster).




1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users