Best of the best ?

• Please log in to reply
20 replies to this topic

Tahmouress3247 #1 Posted 24 April 2019 - 09:05 PM

Private

• Players
  • 4452 battles
  • [PARS]
What are the best skills or perks for different classes of tanks ?

panthermark #2 Posted 24 April 2019 - 09:09 PM

Captain

• Players
  • 10853 battles

3 MOE's: VK 30.01D (VI), T-34 (V), M-24 Chaffee (V)

2 MOE's: Indien-Panzer (VIII), T-20 (VII), Cromwell B (VI), Snakebite (VI), T-37 (VI), M4 Sherman w/Derp (V), VK 16.02 Leopard (V)

M4ntiX #3 Posted 24 April 2019 - 09:13 PM

Major

• Players
  • 25141 battles

Have a look at this thread:

http://forum-console.worldoftanks.com/index.php?/topic/232154-what-are-your-first-8-skills-on-a-generic-tank-crew/

Start with Mentor if you want to train the crew quicker and have multiple skills but swap it for 10 gold once you reach your goal.

Alternatively, if you have 30 gold to spend, train Mentor first, swap it for SS, train Mentor again and swap it for BIA, train Mentor as your 3rd skill and leave it until you have reached your second to last desired skill.

(I just couldn't resist) ;)

matematicalone #4 Posted 24 April 2019 - 09:14 PM

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 1588 battles

Just don't start with Mentor unless you're trying to train all 25 skills (it will take some three years but there's that).

SS - most valuable skill on every class. You should have it on your tanks.

BIA - also very versatile one for all classes. Acts like free food once you train it fully.

Repairs - must have on heavies, brawlers (armored TD's), lights and meds.

Track Mechanic - see above.

Camo - must have on light, stealthy TD's, meds (even arty can benefit when hiding in the back).

Situation Awareness - light and med, also heavies with decent view (not Soviets)

Recon - same as above.

Firefighting - must have on heavies and brawlers (Soviets).

Smooth Ride & Snapshot - these are gun handling skills and improve accuracy while on the move so any tank which might benefit ffrom shooting on the move should get them. Light, meds, agile heavies, even turreted TD's.

Controlled Impact - this one is special, but you have to get it if you're using tanks like V/IV, E50, E50M, KV-5, AMX 30B etc. All in all heavier tanks with decent speed which can ram other tanks. Also works on light tanks with some armor and weight like LTTB, T-54 ltwt and similar (French lights don't need it).

Silent Driving - stealth classes (Note: NOT LIGHT TANKS, IT'S USELESS ON LIGHTS). TD's, some meds.

Muffled Shot - stealth classes, light, TD's, meds (even arty to some extent).

Green Thumb - not that important but you can get some use of it in stealthy TD's.

These are the ones I think matter, after you train these the rest of it is pretty random and the impact on gameplay is pretty low, so you can train anything.

Edited by matematicalone, 24 April 2019 - 09:28 PM.

BigHundy #5 Posted 24 April 2019 - 09:18 PM

Major

• Players
  • 9096 battles
  • [1V29]

Intuition

Paratrooper

Swimming Lessons

Call For Vengeance

Radio Booster.

I'm just sitting here watching the wheels go round and round

panthermark #6 Posted 24 April 2019 - 09:30 PM

Captain

• Players
  • 10853 battles

View PostBigHundy, on 24 April 2019 - 03:18 PM, said:

Intuition

Paratrooper

Swimming Lessons

Call For Vengeance

Radio Booster.

You forgot Armorer. 

Increases accuracy of a DAMAGED gun by 20% when fully trained.   

2 MOE's: Indien-Panzer (VIII), T-20 (VII), Cromwell B (VI), Snakebite (VI), T-37 (VI), M4 Sherman w/Derp (V), VK 16.02 Leopard (V)

Tahmouress3247 #7 Posted 24 April 2019 - 09:38 PM

Private

• Players
  • 4452 battles
  • [PARS]

View PostM4ntiX, on 24 April 2019 - 09:13 PM, said:

Have a look at this thread:

http://forum-console.worldoftanks.com/index.php?/topic/232154-what-are-your-first-8-skills-on-a-generic-tank-crew/

Start with Mentor if you want to train the crew quicker and have multiple skills but swap it for 10 gold once you reach your goal.

Alternatively, if you have 30 gold to spend, train Mentor first, swap it for SS, train Mentor again and swap it for BIA, train Mentor as your 3rd skill and leave it until you have reached your second to last desired skill.

(I just couldn't resist) ;)

Mentor faster 100% sooner another skills ? I train mentor first , 10 gold spend to exchang another skill . Again from the first , research mentor spend 10 gold .... ok ? I understood right ? 

M4ntiX #8 Posted 24 April 2019 - 09:43 PM

Major

• Players
  • 25141 battles

View PostTahmouress3247, on 24 April 2019 - 09:38 PM, said:

Mentor faster 100% sooner another skills ? I train mentor first , 10 gold spend to exchang another skill . Again from the first , research mentor spend 10 gold .... ok ? I understood right ? 

Yes, but only for the two, critical perks: SS & BIA. Leave Mentor trained until you have 6-8 skills and then swap it or just don't train it at all, it will be easier than explaining. :)

SS & BIA are perks that do not work until fully trained so it is advisable to train a skill and swap it, since skills take effect even when not fully trained. You may use Mentor or other skill that you think is more useful like Camo or Repairs, for example, and then swap them for SS & BIA. There are plenty of tutorials on crew skills, look them up.

Tahmouress3247 #9 Posted 24 April 2019 - 10:03 PM

Private

• Players
  • 4452 battles
  • [PARS]

View PostM4ntiX, on 24 April 2019 - 09:43 PM, said:

Yes, but only for the two, critical perks: SS & BIA. Leave Mentor trained until you have 6-8 skills and then swap it or just don't train it at all, it will be easier than explaining. :)

SS & BIA are perks that do not work until fully trained so it is advisable to train a skill and swap it, since skills take effect even when not fully trained. You may use Mentor or other skill that you think is more useful like Camo or Repairs, for example, and then swap them for SS & BIA. There are plenty of tutorials on crew skills, look them up.

According to priorities . Best skills or perks for light , medium, heavy, arty, sniper tanks (mentor , bb , bia common for all classes tanks) which one do you think ?

Joe Gunn I #10 Posted 24 April 2019 - 10:05 PM

Captain

• Players
  • 39766 battles

Repair, Camo, 6th Sense.

Everything else is just icing on the cake.

I pick skills/perks after that to try to lessen whatever fault the tank has.

https://worldoftanks...rks-and-skills/

Mentor is more useful later, after several skill/perks.

PumpkinEcobar #11 Posted 24 April 2019 - 10:22 PM

Major

• Players
  • 14254 battles

View Postpanthermark, on 24 April 2019 - 03:30 PM, said:

You forgot Armorer. 

Increases accuracy of a DAMAGED gun by 20% when fully trained.   

Armorer is pretty handy on tanks like the T29 and deathstar. 

JAG THE GEMINI #12 Posted 24 April 2019 - 10:35 PM

Major

• Players
  • 61905 battles
  • [UNIC-]

View PostBigHundy, on 24 April 2019 - 10:18 PM, said:

Intuition

Paratrooper

Swimming Lessons

Call For Vengeance

Radio Booster.

Intuition is a good skill on tanks like E100 or IS7 if you are not a gold spamming "noob" and want to make the best out of your AP and HE shells

Edited by JAG THE GEMINI, 24 April 2019 - 10:35 PM.

My youtube channel:https://www.youtube....w_as=subscriber

JAG THE GEMINI #13 Posted 24 April 2019 - 10:37 PM

Major

• Players
  • 61905 battles
  • [UNIC-]

View PostJoe Gunn I, on 24 April 2019 - 11:05 PM, said:

Repair, Camo, 6th Sense.

Everything else is just icing on the cake.

I pick skills/perks after that to try to lessen whatever fault the tank has.

https://worldoftanks...rks-and-skills/

Mentor is more useful later, after several skill/perks.

Not really true.. Either Repair, camo and sixth sense or Repair,BiA and sixth sense

My youtube channel:https://www.youtube....w_as=subscriber

panthermark #14 Posted 24 April 2019 - 10:38 PM

Captain

• Players
  • 10853 battles

Since I run nothing but lights and fast mediums, my tanks are all equipped in similar manners. 

Most important are:

6thS, Camo, BIA, and Repairs....Sit Aware is in there as well. 

Every single crew I have with at least 6 skills have those 5 skills loaded. 

Beyond those 5, most of my tanks have Recon and Off-road driving...some have Track mechanic.   Most have at least one gun skill....usually Snapshot

Mediums eventually get Silent Drive

I three crews with 12 skills....the only other skills that come in are Muffled shot, Firefighting.   

Outside of my scout crew running both gun skills instead of silent drive....that is it it for me. 

I could probably drop my crews in a TD and do just fine (maybe swap Off-road for Clutch breaking) as a run a high vision/stealth set up. 

Firefighting (plus vents and BIA) allows me to run a large repair kit and a small repair kit to keep me in the fight. 

BDaddy Cheno #15 Posted 24 April 2019 - 11:06 PM

Captain

• Players
  • 26147 battles
  • [SPSR]
My top six are usually sixth sense, camo, repairs, BIA, Deadeye and muffled shot...not necc. in that order..
"I'm going to deal with this the only way us Bundys know how----with swift and blinding violence." -----Kelly Bundy

BDaddy Cheno #16 Posted 24 April 2019 - 11:07 PM

Captain

• Players
  • 26147 battles
  • [SPSR]
Then off road king and clutch braking or silent movement...
"I'm going to deal with this the only way us Bundys know how----with swift and blinding violence." -----Kelly Bundy

JelliedPenny08 #17 Posted 24 April 2019 - 11:09 PM

Major

• Players
  • 14393 battles

BIA is the important skill /perk for me, it makes everything better. 

Next is Mentor because I use it as a placeholder for 6th, because I get the bonus but can still swap it at any time if I start to struggle. 

After that I generally go camo or view range and then repairs. 

Exceptions are intentionally training a new supercrew where they get skills that make training tanks easier. Churchill type tanks get driver skills earlier. Chinese tanks get gun skills earlier. 

Haukkis #18 Posted 25 April 2019 - 02:36 AM

Major

• Players
  • 32175 battles

View Postmatematicalone, on 24 April 2019 - 10:14 PM, said:

Just don't start with Mentor unless you're trying to train all 25 skills (it will take some three years but there's that).

SS - most valuable skill on every class. You should have it on your tanks.

BIA - also very versatile one for all classes. Acts like free food once you train it fully.

Repairs - must have on heavies, brawlers (armored TD's), lights and meds.

Track Mechanic - see above.

Camo - must have on light, stealthy TD's, meds (even arty can benefit when hiding in the back).

Situation Awareness - light and med, also heavies with decent view (not Soviets)

Recon - same as above.

Firefighting - must have on heavies and brawlers (Soviets).

Smooth Ride & Snapshot - these are gun handling skills and improve accuracy while on the move so any tank which might benefit ffrom shooting on the move should get them. Light, meds, agile heavies, even turreted TD's.

Controlled Impact - this one is special, but you have to get it if you're using tanks like V/IV, E50, E50M, KV-5, AMX 30B etc. All in all heavier tanks with decent speed which can ram other tanks. Also works on light tanks with some armor and weight like LTTB, T-54 ltwt and similar (French lights don't need it).

Silent Driving - stealth classes (Note: NOT LIGHT TANKS, IT'S USELESS ON LIGHTS). TD's, some meds.

Muffled Shot - stealth classes, light, TD's, meds (even arty to some extent).

Green Thumb - not that important but you can get some use of it in stealthy TD's.

These are the ones I think matter, after you train these the rest of it is pretty random and the impact on gameplay is pretty low, so you can train anything.

Off-Road Driving and Clutch Braking are usefull on vehicles that have poor/mediocre ground resistance (also known terrain resistance) values and poor track traverse speed, mainly sluggish heavies, td's and some mediums. Eagle Eye is useful on some vehicles (fast rate of fire vehicles like Churchill 3 and arty), Designated Target is great skill for artillery since you see your targeted opponent 2 seconds longer. 

Haukkis #19 Posted 25 April 2019 - 02:39 AM

Major

• Players
  • 32175 battles

View PostBDaddy Cheno, on 25 April 2019 - 12:06 AM, said:

My top six are usually sixth sense, camo, repairs, BIA, Deadeye and muffled shot...not necc. in that order..

Some weird ones, like Deadeye and Muffled Shot. You play mainly with td's?

donny007-THX #20 Posted 25 April 2019 - 02:43 AM

Major

• Players
  • 19646 battles

Mentor.......

Intuition

Paratrooper

Swimming Lessons

Call For Vengeance

Radio Booster.

When a man with a .45 meets a man with a rifle, you said, the man with a pistol's a dead man. Let's see if that's true. Go ahead, load up and shoot.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users