RNG has cost me three Kolobanov's medals in the Vanguard.

• Please log in to reply
19 replies to this topic

FusionStar287 #1 Posted 25 April 2019 - 08:55 PM

Major

• WoTC Ambassador
  • 19399 battles
  • [JOCO]

I'm actually rather annoyed right now. The Vanguard is my favorite tank in the game, and as such I want to say that I have at least one Kolobanov's medal in it. However, while I've had at least ten or so opportunities to earn one, three of these instances have been defeats due entirely to RNG and nothing else.

My first Kolobanov's attempt was an Airfield Encounter game where all of the enemy tanks were in or around the cap circle. I played the game nearly perfectly, as I did loops around them, did damaged and knocked them out on hit and run passes, and even stayed in the cap circle with them so that I'd have time to reload before they could cap. However, in all of this my gun failed to pen the flat side and rear of an enemy IS-M about eight different times, which in turn allowed him to knock off most of my health in two different shots and led to me just losing the match.

My second attempt was today on Fisherman's Bay. In a tier IX game I managed to conserve my health and took out one enemy E-75, and at that point there was an enemy 705 and another E75 in my cap circle. Both were one shot kills so I charged in and killed the 705, but before I could knock out the E75 I exploded. No, it wasn't an ammorack, but rather the E75 hit me at close range, left me on about 350 health, and an enemy KV-5 sniped me while I was moving full speed from about 400m away, rolled high, and finished me off. 

And my most recent Kolobanov's attempt occurred just a few minutes ago on a top tier game on Overlord. I played perfectly throughout the entire game and after being left in a 1v5 I systematically took them apart one at a time, and in multiple instances I even managed to circle or sit right next to a heavy so that they couldn't hit me while I was reloading. Well, just as I finished off the enemy VK 100.01P I spotted their last enemy tank, again in a KV-5, and he was a one clip kill. So, I pulled up next to his side, put two shots into him, and my third shot bounced. He backed into a rock and I had to circle around to avoid being crushed, and as I did so he put one shot into me, lit me on fire, and I burned to death.

That's three separate games in which I've had the chance to earn my first Kolobanov's medal in the EVEN 90, but failed for no other reason than RNG favored the enemy over me. I have to say that it's disappointing when you lose a Kolobanov's medal because you made a mistake, but it's far, far worse when you lose a Kolobanov's medal even though you played perfectly, especially when two of those games were for 5k damage in the lowest DPM high tier tank in the game. Regardless I guess I'll just keep doing my best and hopefully I'll actually be able to earn one in the near future. Thanks for reading, and happy tanking!

Oh, and upon writing this thread it just occurred to me that all three of these games were lost to an equal tier Russian heavy. Coincidence? :hiding:

"My dear brothers, take note of this: Men should be quick to listen, slow to speak, and slow to become angry, for man's anger does not bring about the righteous life that God desires." ~ James 1: 19-20

"wefWEGFRF" - RaiBOT01, 2017

enntropy #2 Posted 25 April 2019 - 09:04 PM

Corporal

• Players
  • 18242 battles
  • [-N-]

If RNG can favor your oponnent, it will.  

The number of times I've gambled on it and failed is extremely high. 

on 450hp in CAX

> forced to make a play on a 327hp leopard 1

> surprise him. Shot hits for 317. 

> he RBRTs me for all my hp

Things like this happen consistently. 

gbsman812 #3 Posted 25 April 2019 - 09:10 PM

Major

• Players
  • 35060 battles

View PostFusionStar287, on 25 April 2019 - 03:55 PM, said:

I'm actually rather annoyed right now. The Vanguard is my favorite tank in the game, and as such I want to say that I have at least one Kolobanov's medal in it. However, while I've had at least ten or so opportunities to earn one, three of these instances have been defeats due entirely to RNG and nothing else.

My first Kolobanov's attempt was an Airfield Encounter game where all of the enemy tanks were in or around the cap circle. I played the game nearly perfectly, as I did loops around them, did damaged and knocked them out on hit and run passes, and even stayed in the cap circle with them so that I'd have time to reload before they could cap. However, in all of this my gun failed to pen the flat side and rear of an enemy IS-M about eight different times, which in turn allowed him to knock off most of my health in two different shots and led to me just losing the match.

My second attempt was today on Fisherman's Bay. In a tier IX game I managed to conserve my health and took out one enemy E-75, and at that point there was an enemy 705 and another E75 in my cap circle. Both were one shot kills so I charged in and killed the 705, but before I could knock out the E75 I exploded. No, it wasn't an ammorack, but rather the E75 hit me at close range, left me on about 350 health, and an enemy KV-5 sniped me while I was moving full speed from about 400m away, rolled high, and finished me off. 

And my most recent Kolobanov's attempt occurred just a few minutes ago on a top tier game on Overlord. I played perfectly throughout the entire game and after being left in a 1v5 I systematically took them apart one at a time, and in multiple instances I even managed to circle or sit right next to a heavy so that they couldn't hit me while I was reloading. Well, just as I finished off the enemy VK 100.01P I spotted their last enemy tank, again in a KV-5, and he was a one clip kill. So, I pulled up next to his side, put two shots into him, and my third shot bounced. He backed into a rock and I had to circle around to avoid being crushed, and as I did so he put one shot into me, lit me on fire, and I burned to death.

That's three separate games in which I've had the chance to earn my first Kolobanov's medal in the EVEN 90, but failed for no other reason than RNG favored the enemy over me. I have to say that it's disappointing when you lose a Kolobanov's medal because you made a mistake, but it's far, far worse when you lose a Kolobanov's medal even though you played perfectly, especially when two of those games were for 5k damage in the lowest DPM high tier tank in the game. Regardless I guess I'll just keep doing my best and hopefully I'll actually be able to earn one in the near future. Thanks for reading, and happy tanking!

Oh, and upon writing this thread it just occurred to me that all three of these games were lost to an equal tier Russian heavy. Coincidence?

you mean that itty bitty tank?? 

GhostRider110 #4 Posted 25 April 2019 - 09:19 PM

Sergeant

• Beta Tester
  • 25242 battles
  • [SCIT]

View PostFusionStar287, on 25 April 2019 - 09:55 PM, said: in

My second attempt was today on Fisherman's Bay. In a tier IX game I managed to conserve my health and took out one enemy E-75, and at that point there was an enemy 705 and another E75 in my cap circle. Both were one shot kills so I charged in and killed the 705, but before I could knock out the E75 I exploded. No, it wasn't an ammorack, but rather the E75 hit me at close range, left me on about 350 health, and an enemy KV-5 sniped me while I was moving full speed from about 400m away, rolled high, and finished me offh, and 

So, it's RNG fault that you made a risky move that did not work... Maybe you are overestimating your skill and that prevented a kolobanov's...

natedaishmaster #5 Posted 25 April 2019 - 09:32 PM

Sergeant

• Players
  • 25040 battles
  • [IMTLZ]

View Postenntropy, on 25 April 2019 - 01:04 PM, said:

If RNG can favor your oponnent, it will.  

The number of times I've gambled on it and failed is extremely high. 

on 450hp in CAX

> forced to make a play on a 327hp leopard 1

> surprise him. Shot hits for 317. 

> he RBRTs me for all my hp

Things like this happen consistently. 

Rng is fair. You just don't notice as much when you get the statistically likely rolls. That outcome is far from improbable, probably a 4% chance to go the way that it did. I have never seen an instance when RNG was biased against me. I run food on every tank to minimize the effect of RNG but sometimes you just get unlucky. If you feel like you're getting screwed by RNG all the time and it is hurting your stats, maybe it's the player not the game.

3 MOE: Hellcat, Lycan, Sp1C, T20, M41 Bulldog, Motherland, STA 1, T95E2, Pershing, AMX 50 100, AMX 13 90, T54ltwt, T49, RU251, M46 Patton, Type 61, Leopard PTA, T54, E50, Batchat AP, Skoda T50, Centurion 7/1, Sharpshooter, T10, Conquerer, AMX 13 105, Sheridan, T-100LT, RHM PZW, M48 Patton, Leopard 1, E50M, Obj 140, Batchat 25t, TVP 50/51, IS7, AMX 50B, Super Conqueror, T110E4

FusionStar287 #6 Posted 25 April 2019 - 09:53 PM

Major

• WoTC Ambassador
  • 19399 battles
  • [JOCO]

View PostGhostRider110, on 25 April 2019 - 04:19 PM, said:

So, it's RNG fault that you made a risky move that did not work... Maybe you are overestimating your skill and that prevented a kolobanov's...

I didn't have any other choice but to charge in. The KV-5 was in a position to spot me if I were to fall back to quickly flank around the cap circle, and the enemy would have capped if I had tried to knock out the KV-5 first. I made the best move I could by getting away from the KV-5 and getting in close to two one-shot kill enemies, but despite doing what I could to evade shells while doing so both the E75 and KV-5 hit me and rolled high to two shot kill me.

"My dear brothers, take note of this: Men should be quick to listen, slow to speak, and slow to become angry, for man's anger does not bring about the righteous life that God desires." ~ James 1: 19-20

FusionStar287 #7 Posted 25 April 2019 - 09:55 PM

Major

• WoTC Ambassador
  • 19399 battles
  • [JOCO]

View Postgbsman812, on 25 April 2019 - 04:10 PM, said:

you mean that itty bitty tank?? 

Yep, I do.

Curious Dan #8 Posted 26 April 2019 - 12:09 AM

Corporal

• Players
  • 31207 battles
RNG was random of course throughout all these games, it only gets more pronounced at the end of the game when you're absolutely counting on it. 2/3 pens on the side of a Kv5 (one of the most armored tier 8's in the game) sounds normal. Your modules in the Even 90 are very fragile including the fuel tank, combined with a 20% fire chance which is as high as it goes. Sucks that it happened against the last enemy.

gbsman812 #9 Posted 26 April 2019 - 02:40 AM

Major

• Players
  • 35060 battles

View PostFusionStar287, on 25 April 2019 - 04:55 PM, said:

Yep, I do.

went up against one on Panama map today I was in the thunderbolt, couldn't hit his itty bitty A*** so the next time, imma use a can of raid!!

swindle 321 #10 Posted 26 April 2019 - 08:52 AM

Major

• Beta Tester
  • 35237 battles
  • [IMTLZ]

View PostFusionStar287, on 25 April 2019 - 09:53 PM, said:

I didn't have any other choice but to charge in. The KV-5 was in a position to spot me if I were to fall back to quickly flank around the cap circle, and the enemy would have capped if I had tried to knock out the KV-5 first. I made the best move I could by getting away from the KV-5 and getting in close to two one-shot kill enemies, but despite doing what I could to evade shells while doing so both the E75 and KV-5 hit me and rolled high to two shot kill me.

That sounds a lot like you lost because you were out numbered mate.

YouTube

FusionStar287 #11 Posted 26 April 2019 - 08:57 AM

Major

• WoTC Ambassador
  • 19399 battles
  • [JOCO]

View Postswindle 321, on 26 April 2019 - 03:52 AM, said:

That sounds a lot like you lost because you were out numbered mate.

I mean, it would be difficult to earn a Kolobanov's medal if you weren't outnumbered... :P

swindle 321 #12 Posted 26 April 2019 - 09:05 AM

Major

• Beta Tester
  • 35237 battles
  • [IMTLZ]

View PostFusionStar287, on 26 April 2019 - 08:57 AM, said:

I mean, it would be difficult to earn a Kolobanov's medal if you weren't outnumbered... :P

Correct, but in what way is that RNG's fault? :P

YouTube

FusionStar287 #13 Posted 26 April 2019 - 09:41 AM

Major

• WoTC Ambassador
  • 19399 battles
  • [JOCO]

View Postswindle 321, on 26 April 2019 - 04:05 AM, said:

Correct, but in what way is that RNG's fault? :P

I'd say that a KV-5 hitting a moving EVEN 90 at range has a fair bit of RNG involved in itself, but there's also the fact that I lost 100% of my health from just two shots (between the E75 and KV-5 that averages 790 damage, which is a sizable amount away from my 900 hit points). What makes it worse is that if either tank had missed or if  they didn't roll high to knock me out I would have easily finished off the E75 and won the game from there (as the only other tank alive besides that KV-5 was a low health M53/55).

JelliedPenny08 #14 Posted 26 April 2019 - 11:21 AM

Major

• Players
  • 14378 battles

View PostFusionStar287, on 26 April 2019 - 09:41 AM, said:

I'd say that a KV-5 hitting a moving EVEN 90 at range has a fair bit of RNG involved in itself, but there's also the fact that I lost 100% of my health from just two shots (between the E75 and KV-5 that averages 790 damage, which is a sizable amount away from my 900 hit points). What makes it worse is that if either tank had missed or if  they didn't roll high to knock me out I would have easily finished off the E75 and won the game from there (as the only other tank alive besides that KV-5 was a low health M53/55).

You and I both know RNG saved you by screwing you over. If RNG had let you survive your first shot would have missed the M55, his shotgun would have missed you, but randomly hit a rock nearby to splash kill you. Then you would have been angry at both RNG and arty. 

RNG would have made me miss the KV-5, bounce off it and then damage his track before he killed me whilst I reloaded. RNG is a cruel, inventive and fickle mistress who is only fair when she stares hard at the other guy... sorry it was you. 

:)

rick007cmx1 #15 Posted 26 April 2019 - 11:36 AM

Major

• Players
  • 56252 battles
Kolo medals arent easy man. GG

CheweyBadge #16 Posted 26 April 2019 - 11:38 AM

Captain

• Players
  • 35763 battles
  • [F_X_A]
I've won three 1 v 5s with it but unfortunately they were all in ranked :hiding: RNG has been more annoying than usual recently to me (getting snapshot by tier 10 tds, not penning lightly armoured tanks etc.) 

redshadowrider #17 Posted 26 April 2019 - 11:43 AM

Major

• Players
  • 34894 battles

I have come up against that little OP cockroach and been destroyed without hitting it even once.  Your experience seems fair to me.  Your 3 examples just point out how much of an issue it is.  Running around right in the middle of the enemy and thinking you should have survived.  To me, that in itself points to how OP it can be.

No offense intended, now if we could just  have a "Pest Control" skill or perk, it would be fair.  :trollface:

I'm just saying.....

Xenith_Inc #18 Posted 26 April 2019 - 02:17 PM

Major

• Players
  • 6761 battles
RNG has cost me over 200 Pool's medals in the Church 3.

+++Generally found on PS4 EU server from 5 - 9pm CET+++

My YouTube Channel

RuefulCenturion #19 Posted 26 April 2019 - 03:07 PM

Major

• Beta Tester
  • 24786 battles

View PostFusionStar287, on 25 April 2019 - 03:55 PM, said:

Oh, and upon writing this thread it just occurred to me that all three of these games were lost to an equal tier Russian heavy. Coincidence? :hiding:

Sounds about right. Hand of Stalin FTW. :trollface:

EL3PHANT RID3RS #20 Posted 26 April 2019 - 03:24 PM

Major

• Beta Tester
  • 25913 battles
  • [FLT]

View PostXenith_Inc, on 26 April 2019 - 02:17 PM, said:

RNG has cost me over 200 Pool's medals in the Church 3.

LoL, if not more. 

My recent rng issue has to do with the E3. I encountered a couple while running my 60TP, took my time and aimed over and over and never did get a pen. Next match I jump in my Progetto and see an E3 about 400 yards away with its front facing me. I auto lock on him as I'm running full speed across the map and pull the trigger and it pens his front for 300+ dmg. That's the stuff that I can't figure out.

Then yesterday while running with a streamer I ran my 48 Patton two matches. First match I do 4K dmg and the second match I fired 27 rounds and only had 1 pen.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users