Tier IV - Possibly the most difficult Tier of WoTM?

match making Tier IV

• Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

P6X330 #1 Posted 26 April 2019 - 03:05 PM

Major

• Supertest - PS4
  • 16109 battles
  • [AMXS]

This is day 3 of my attempting to be in the winning team for two battles in the row; Tier IV, Honor T28-E;

As I am typing, the counter is back to zero one more time.

I have read lots of rants about that Tier, being the odd one out in the game. I always keep calm, and persevere, but I have to admit, it is a very challenging Tier.

I have not played that many battles to make the situation abnormal, but given that I always play UTC > 12:00, I seem to be persistently the only Tier IV in so many engagements, where Tier V predominate, sometimes Tier VI, and very few battles where Tier IV is the main Tier.

If any of you remember, the Honor T28-E was the reward for an operation back in 2017. This is a slow tank with an even slower aiming time. But when you hit, you hit. However, even at point blank, if you don't fully aim, you are bound to miss.

Thus, my recommendation, Tier IV should be played with one of the better tanks, or be prepared to be frustrated.

Fortunately, I don't exasperate easily, and no matter the number of days, I will get these two wins, hopefully I still have about 140 days to achieve that.

Bad teams are in the same battle. Good teams work together! don't complain, contribute.

Jodmeister #2 Posted 26 April 2019 - 03:15 PM

Captain

• Supertest - Xbox One
  • 18894 battles
  • [BDGR]
The Honor is such a hit and miss tank; the gun is great but trolly. 

3 MOEs - Nashorn, M36 Jackson, SU-100, S35CA, Matilda IV, Jagdpanzer IV, Archer, Wolverine, Achilles, T25/2, PzSflIVC

2 MOEs - Type 58, Pzkpfw T25, WT Pz IV, JagdPanther, SU-100Y, Boilermaker, T20, IS-2, T-34-88, Borsig, AMX AC 48, Charioteer, Plaguebringer, T67, SU-85

matematicalone #3 Posted 26 April 2019 - 04:15 PM

Captain

• Players
  • 2899 battles

Worst tier by far must be tier 8. It's the highest tier someone with mom's CC can reach without any clue or previous experience and gets to fight tier X as a bonus. And I think tier 8 is tier with largest number of tanks (premiums included), so it's used as a filler for tier X matches a lot.

Very Classy #4 Posted 26 April 2019 - 04:54 PM

Major

• Players
  • 33101 battles
  • [JOCO]

Tier IV is MM purgatory. My anecdotally backed scientific research officially states that:

Tier IV vehicles are subject to never-top-tier-gonna-have-red-platoon-of-Absolutions-too syndrome. It's truly horrifying.

There is literally an Xbox 360 in a museum, and this is the best joke you can come up with?
                                                                                         -- allhavoc

Koncorde #5 Posted 26 April 2019 - 05:03 PM

Captain

• Players
  • 24990 battles
Tier 4 is the tipping point between facing tanks that have troll armour, and high ROF  guns into full-on heavily armoured monsters, and 1 shot kill derp gun territory. There are a few 6's that a 4 just has no hope against, neither having the mobility nor the traverse and gun quality to flank, and then often lack the alpha to make a superior position felt even if you could (the British Vanquisher AC1 being a fine example, killing anything with 600+ hp at 50hp per shot is not pleasant, but strap a 17lb to the chassis and suddenly tier 6 here you come in the AC4).

That's where something like the T28-E can make its presence felt. The gun can pen anything, and it's alpha is enough to make most tanks wince (and with HE can even derp a few lower tier tanks).

I play it as a sniper, I tend to use it as a tank destroyer class of tank, always aiming for the weakest links in the team where my alpha will rub them out. If top tier in particular I will load HE and try and just splash some of the weaker armoured tanks out of existence within a few shots. It's one of the best arty killers because of that mix of mobility, splashy gun, and underestimated view range with binoculars and optics, it will out-spot most tanks at tier or above).

It's also good at training you to pre-aim your gun and using RB held down to maintain your gun position when approaching a corner where you know an enemy lurks.

panthermark #6 Posted 26 April 2019 - 05:24 PM

Captain

• Players
  • 13324 battles

Play it as a glass TD....

And yes, tier IV just SUCKS... 

Never can be top tier....and because of the low player base, is usually bottom tier. 

Absolutions and V/IV's feast on that teir....

3 MOE's: VK 30.01D (VI), T-34 (V), M-24 Chaffee (V)

2 MOE's: Indien-Panzer (VIII), T-20 (VII), Cromwell B (VI), Snakebite (VI), T-37 (VI), M4 Sherman w/Derp (V), VK 16.02 Leopard (V)

matematicalone #7 Posted 26 April 2019 - 06:47 PM

Captain

• Players
  • 2899 battles

View PostVery Classy, on 26 April 2019 - 05:54 PM, said:

Tier IV is MM purgatory. My anecdotally backed scientific research officially states that:

Tier IV vehicles are subject to never-top-tier-gonna-have-red-platoon-of-Absolutions-too syndrome. It's truly horrifying.

On the other hand you have tank like B2 with ultra PMM and 100% top tier matches. Only fear one have in that tank is does red team have Matilda or not.

Restless_Vermin #8 Posted 26 April 2019 - 06:55 PM

Captain

• Players
  • 38682 battles

View Postpanthermark, on 26 April 2019 - 05:24 PM, said:

Play it as a glass TD....

And yes, tier IV just SUCKS... 

Never can be top tier....and because of the low player base, is usually bottom tier. 

Absolutions and V/IV's feast on that teir....

This, start of game hang back and let others spot for you, you’re the teams damage dealer but are no good to them dead. Pick off distracted enemies, if you can’t see any look for tracers or where others are firing. Use the big map to keep an eye where the battle is and where the reds ‘capital, tanks are, want to take them down before they wreak havoc. If you can’t pen it, track it! And let arty or team mates do the rest (damage is damage and tracking damage still counts). Near the end of games is when (if you’ve conserved your HP) you should be able to win it for your team, lots of half health or near death reds that you can finish off. It takes patience and a bit of luck but that tank can be the last thing the reds wanna see at the end. Hope this helps and good luck

P6X330 #9 Posted 26 April 2019 - 07:06 PM

Major

• Supertest - PS4
  • 16109 battles
  • [AMXS]

So, I finally got the two victories, consequent battles;

Both battles, bottom Tier, and with the first one, the sole IV between the teams...

In none of the battles did I contribute much. First one, I lit a couple of bandits and got some assist, the second, I did not shoot a single time. My team pushed forward so fast and so efficiently that I simply could not follow.

My point being, mobility is a major factor, but again, everything is team effort, independently of the Tier. I am at least trained for the Skoda T 24....

Edited by P6X330, 19 May 2019 - 08:11 PM.

Bad teams are in the same battle. Good teams work together! don't complain, contribute.

Mahrs #10 Posted 19 May 2019 - 05:47 PM

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 5933 battles
MM does a great job of crapping all over Tier 3,4,5 and 8.  You’re there to ensure people playing Tier 6,7,9,10 can enjoy good/easy games.  I hesitated adding Tier V in...but, when I catch a lot of bottom Tier games in both 3 and 5 somehow...probably server population when I play....and the experience is miserable.

Albapfalzd3 #11 Posted 19 May 2019 - 06:03 PM

Major

• Players
  • 23015 battles

View Postmatematicalone, on 26 April 2019 - 06:47 PM, said:

On the other hand you have tank like B2 with ultra PMM and 100% top tier matches. Only fear one have in that tank is does red team have Matilda or not.

B_S, B2 now has to fear Matilda, M3 Lee/Grant (their gun can pen the B2 anywhere), T28, T28E F30/Honor T28, M8 Medium and TD, Valentine II (B2's weak gun struggles against it's armor), M5A1 Stuart (this thing eats B2s for breakfast without having to use premium rounds), Lago, DW2 (fully upgraded), the FCM 36 PaK 40 can tear this thing up from 400 meters out. and there are a few more. Yeah the B2 is a far cry from it's former self, there is a reason it has the best PMM in the game. Yes it can still have great matches but those are now far and in between and usually because it is crewed by stat padders as it is still a pretty uncommon tank not owned by most newer players.

Roy

Edited by Albapfalzd3, 19 May 2019 - 06:03 PM.

donny007-THX #12 Posted 19 May 2019 - 07:17 PM

Major

• Players
  • 22905 battles
I have found tier 4 to be the most difficult in the game.  No question about it.  
When a man with a .45 meets a man with a rifle, you said, the man with a pistol's a dead man. Let's see if that's true. Go ahead, load up and shoot.

DefiantSpurr #13 Posted 22 May 2019 - 07:17 PM

Major

• Players
  • 14239 battles
  • [BNKR]

View PostAlbapfalzd3, on 19 May 2019 - 06:03 PM, said:

B_S, B2 now has to fear Matilda, M3 Lee/Grant (their gun can pen the B2 anywhere), T28, T28E F30/Honor T28, M8 Medium and TD, Valentine II (B2's weak gun struggles against it's armor), M5A1 Stuart (this thing eats B2s for breakfast without having to use premium rounds), Lago, DW2 (fully upgraded), the FCM 36 PaK 40 can tear this thing up from 400 meters out. and there are a few more. Yeah the B2 is a far cry from it's former self, there is a reason it has the best PMM in the game. Yes it can still have great matches but those are now far and in between and usually because it is crewed by stat padders as it is still a pretty uncommon tank not owned by most newer players.

Roy

yeah, the fcm pak40 is a monster when used well.

It's one of those tanks, that if it was buffed in any way it would be instantly OP.  

Subscribe to my YouTube! 

https://www.youtube....ser/immortalfae

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users