Jump to content


B-C 25 t AP help!


  • Please log in to reply
17 replies to this topic

Loki3003 #1 Posted 26 April 2019 - 04:42 PM

    Staff sergeant

  • Players
  • 17387 battles
  • 329
  • Member since:
    10-02-2014

I need help with this tank.  

 

It seems so slow and clunky coming from the 12 t.  I just don't know what to do with it.  I've only unlocked the first package and have vents, v-stab, and optics equipped.

 

I obviously need to change my playstyle but don't know what to do with a slow clunky unarmored tank with an inaccurate gun that fires slowly for an autoloader.

 

I really want to like it (and hopefully the tier X) but am off to a VERY rough start.

 

 



DwarfOnDrugs #2 Posted 26 April 2019 - 04:44 PM

    Major

  • Players
  • 30874 battles
  • 2,371
  • [-UNL-]
  • Member since:
    03-12-2014

repair kit fire extinguisher and food.

when preventative maintenance is trained drop fire extinguisher for med kit


 


Restless_Vermin #3 Posted 26 April 2019 - 05:12 PM

    Captain

  • Players
  • 38682 battles
  • 1,760
  • Member since:
    01-19-2016

View PostDwarfOnDrugs, on 26 April 2019 - 04:44 PM, said:

repair kit fire extinguisher and food.

when preventative maintenance is trained drop fire extinguisher for med kit

I’d go along with this, play it like a light when you can but don’t get drawn into stretching yourself. Be a deterrent rather than a sole target. Get to the choke points and loose of a clip till your allies arrive then fall back, late in the game this tank excels it can literally clean up those half health reds. Conserve your hit points and run away if you need to



Loki3003 #4 Posted 26 April 2019 - 06:27 PM

    Staff sergeant

  • Players
  • 17387 battles
  • 329
  • Member since:
    10-02-2014

View Posttonygillott, on 26 April 2019 - 05:12 PM, said:

I’d go along with this, play it like a light when you can but don’t get drawn into stretching yourself. Be a deterrent rather than a sole target. Get to the choke points and loose of a clip till your allies arrive then fall back, late in the game this tank excels it can literally clean up those half health reds. Conserve your hit points and run away if you need to

 

I'm definitely learning this tank is played a lot more slow and methodical than I thought.  At least early game.  

 

It's gonna be hard to bring my stats up in it after the first 25 games were so terrible :(

 

 



Restless_Vermin #5 Posted 26 April 2019 - 06:40 PM

    Captain

  • Players
  • 38682 battles
  • 1,760
  • Member since:
    01-19-2016

View PostLoki3003, on 26 April 2019 - 06:27 PM, said:

 

I'm definitely learning this tank is played a lot more slow and methodical than I thought.  At least early game.  

 

It's gonna be hard to bring my stats up in it after the first 25 games were so terrible :(

 

 

Don’t worry about stats you’ll drive yourself nuts, worry about having fun it’s a game! It’s actually one of the best tanks in the game when you get the hang of it



Loki3003 #6 Posted 26 April 2019 - 10:23 PM

    Staff sergeant

  • Players
  • 17387 battles
  • 329
  • Member since:
    10-02-2014

View Posttonygillott, on 26 April 2019 - 06:40 PM, said:

Don’t worry about stats you’ll drive yourself nuts, worry about having fun it’s a game! It’s actually one of the best tanks in the game when you get the hang of it

 

Very true.  The 3rd package with new tracks and engine really seemed to wake this thing up.  I was shocked at the difference 75 horsepower and different tracks made.  I've only played 1 game since that upgrade but it felt much better.  

 



P6X330 #7 Posted 27 April 2019 - 01:42 AM

    Major

  • Supertest - PS4
  • 15717 battles
  • 3,957
  • [AMXS]
  • Member since:
    07-02-2017

View PostLoki3003, on 26 April 2019 - 10:42 AM, said:

 

It seems so slow and clunky coming from the 12 t.  I just don't know what to do with it.  I've only unlocked the first package and have vents, v-stab, and optics equipped.

 

 

Don't even try to compare the B/C 12t with the 25t AP;

 

Play the AP as a medium, not as a light. Once you get to the 100mm gun, things are going to be different.... This is basically what makes the AP.

 

Get BiA, 6S, SA, R, Camo, Muffled shot;

I like the suggestion from DwarfonDrugs to get preventative maintenance. Always privilege the proactive perks and skills and leave the reactive ones for last. I run my AP and 25t with one large repair kit, one small med kit, and one small repair kit.

I very seldom catch fire, and I do not have Repairs. If I get tracked I use my small repair kit immediately. After that, I am cautious, although I still have the large kit to bail me out.

 


                Bad teams are in the same battle. Good teams work together! don't complain, contribute.

 


Loki3003 #8 Posted 27 April 2019 - 04:31 AM

    Staff sergeant

  • Players
  • 17387 battles
  • 329
  • Member since:
    10-02-2014

Thanks for the advice.

 

I've got 6th sense, BIA, camo, situational awareness, and am half way through recon.  

 

I've started to get the hang of it now I think.  Up a bit over 2000 WN8 on my last 20 battles in it.  Way better than the 800 or so I was sitting at after the first 20 games :facepalm:.  Just gotta make up for those now to bring my average up.

 

The added mobility of the 3rd package really helped.  That and playing much more cautiously early game.  I'm probably a game away from unlocking the final package that has the 100mm gun.  The upgraded dmg and pen will be nice but I'm afraid that mobility downgrade is gonna hurt.



Loki3003 #9 Posted 28 April 2019 - 12:21 AM

    Staff sergeant

  • Players
  • 17387 battles
  • 329
  • Member since:
    10-02-2014
Not liking the top package at all after a few games.  Back to being sluggish and playing like [edited].  I may go back to the final 90mm package.  At least I was having fun with it.

P6X330 #10 Posted 28 April 2019 - 01:30 AM

    Major

  • Supertest - PS4
  • 15717 battles
  • 3,957
  • [AMXS]
  • Member since:
    07-02-2017

View PostLoki3003, on 27 April 2019 - 06:21 PM, said:

Not liking the top package at all after a few games.  Back to being sluggish and playing like [edited].  I may go back to the final 90mm package.  At least I was having fun with it.

 

That happens! there are a few tanks where the top package does not suit one's play style as the previous one.

                Bad teams are in the same battle. Good teams work together! don't complain, contribute.

 


Loki3003 #11 Posted 28 April 2019 - 05:48 PM

    Staff sergeant

  • Players
  • 17387 battles
  • 329
  • Member since:
    10-02-2014

Got my first mark on it after 80 battles and have the average WN8 up into the blue so we're starting to get along better.  I decided to stay with the top package to learn how to manage the longer reload for the tier X.

 

The reduced mobility of the top package is definitely noticeable, but not as bad as stock.  I'm realizing the shoot and scoot gameplay is more my style.  I'm trying to play back a bit to get some shots in safely during the first half of the game. Popping in and circling an enemy is fun but usually results in my untimely death if I don't wait for the game to unfold enough. 

 

One funny thing I've noticed is that Centurions are hard for me to kill while circling them.  My rounds seem to guide themselves right into the gun mantlet even when the body is broadside lol.

 

It is definitely an interesting machine to play.  Pretty fun to drive and devastating when you're in the right place at the right time!



P6X330 #12 Posted 28 April 2019 - 08:32 PM

    Major

  • Supertest - PS4
  • 15717 battles
  • 3,957
  • [AMXS]
  • Member since:
    07-02-2017

View PostLoki3003, on 28 April 2019 - 11:48 AM, said:

Got my first mark on it after 80 battles and have the average WN8 up into the blue so we're starting to get along better.  I decided to stay with the top package to learn how to manage the longer reload for the tier X.

 

The reduced mobility of the top package is definitely noticeable, but not as bad as stock.  I'm realizing the shoot and scoot gameplay is more my style.  I'm trying to play back a bit to get some shots in safely during the first half of the game. Popping in and circling an enemy is fun but usually results in my untimely death if I don't wait for the game to unfold enough. 

 

One funny thing I've noticed is that Centurions are hard for me to kill while circling them.  My rounds seem to guide themselves right into the gun mantlet even when the body is broadside lol.

 

It is definitely an interesting machine to play.  Pretty fun to drive and devastating when you're in the right place at the right time!

 

Here you go! see! always better to get some real experience, and not put judgement too quick.

 

I really enjoy Medium tanks...


                Bad teams are in the same battle. Good teams work together! don't complain, contribute.

 


Loki3003 #13 Posted 29 April 2019 - 09:09 PM

    Staff sergeant

  • Players
  • 17387 battles
  • 329
  • Member since:
    10-02-2014

View PostP6X330, on 28 April 2019 - 08:32 PM, said:

 

Here you go! see! always better to get some real experience, and not put judgement too quick.

 

I really enjoy Medium tanks...

 

The B-C 25 t AP really grew on me.  I may even end up keeping it.

 

With my spring games 2x going and premium time from stage 5 of the Machine contract I was able to breeze through the final grind to tier X.  I was able to research the tier X Bat-Chat within 3 or 4 days of playing from the time I got the tier IX! 

 

Just gotta come up with some silver now...



P6X330 #14 Posted 11 May 2019 - 10:24 PM

    Major

  • Supertest - PS4
  • 15717 battles
  • 3,957
  • [AMXS]
  • Member since:
    07-02-2017

View PostLoki3003, on 29 April 2019 - 03:09 PM, said:

 

The B-C 25 t AP really grew on me.  I may even end up keeping it.

 

With my spring games 2x going and premium time from stage 5 of the Machine contract I was able to breeze through the final grind to tier X.  I was able to research the tier X Bat-Chat within 3 or 4 days of playing from the time I got the tier IX! 

 

Just gotta come up with some silver now...

 

Look, since you brought up the topic, I have been playing it a lot, and I am almost saying it is better than his bigger brother. If only because you are not restricted to 30 shells, but also you have 6 shots. I like it a lot.

                Bad teams are in the same battle. Good teams work together! don't complain, contribute.

 


deadman1921 #15 Posted 13 May 2019 - 04:40 AM

    Captain

  • Players
  • 27469 battles
  • 1,547
  • [-STO-]
  • Member since:
    12-27-2014
I need to get a crew back in mine. Was hovering 80% and want to two mark it.

It is truly a beast once it’s fully researched and it has  a 10+ skill crew in it.

I scout early and roll in and clip a half health tank and scoot away to reload.

Fun, just like all those before it in the light variety.

Love having 6 rounds.

Soldiers of the One/ #GlenIsOurs

 


swindle 321 #16 Posted 13 May 2019 - 07:42 AM

    Major

  • Beta Tester
  • 37487 battles
  • 4,693
  • [IMTLZ]
  • Member since:
    11-08-2013

View PostDwarfOnDrugs, on 26 April 2019 - 04:44 PM, said:

repair kit fire extinguisher and food.

when preventative maintenance is trained drop fire extinguisher for med kit

 

I'm gonna have to steal this bit of advice, my engine gets  hit nearly every game, it's pretty annoying.

 

It's awful til you get the last package as well, it'd have been horrendous without boosts.


 

YouTube

    


Chalupacobra #17 Posted 29 May 2019 - 08:08 PM

    Staff sergeant

  • Players
  • 15193 battles
  • 289
  • [-LOTD]
  • Member since:
    12-25-2016
This is slowly making it’s way to the top of my list of favorite tanks. Still deciding on what gun. Been running the big gun, but not sure if the reload time is worth it.

I really struggled with it to start. Played it too much like a light tank. Now it’s spot to start, fall back and support, then help mop up.  Still struggle on some maps because of the gun depression. It’s definitely a keeper.

SpeedyCZECH #18 Posted 16 August 2019 - 07:49 AM

    Corporal

  • Players
  • 18740 battles
  • 49
  • [CSTD2]
  • Member since:
    10-10-2014

View PostLoki3003, on 26 April 2019 - 10:23 PM, said:

 

Very true.  The 3rd package with new tracks and engine really seemed to wake this thing up.  I was shocked at the difference 75 horsepower and different tracks made.  I've only played 1 game since that upgrade but it felt much better.  

 

I grreeeeee with you 






2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users