Jump to content


Lorraine 40t


  • Please log in to reply
31 replies to this topic

P6X330 #21 Posted 23 May 2019 - 11:42 AM

    Major

  • Supertest - PS4
  • 15296 battles
  • 3,952
  • [AMXS]
  • Member since:
    07-02-2017

View Postf1mitku, on 23 May 2019 - 02:44 AM, said:

 

Despite I already have unlocked all TT tanks, I still haven’t bought and played 50B - collecting silver for the next T-X discount.

But I still play Lorr. 40t which is currently applicable for The Machine. I have all TT T-IX’s in the garage - I don’t sell them.

So 40t is one of my daily doubles tanks lately.

And I would say I like 40t more than AMX 50-120. 40t is more agile and it’s smaller thus it’s more difficult target while they both don’t have any armor.

As far as I see in battle 50B is like more of the same as 50-120.

 

And I think it’s somewhat the same for Mle. 51 and 54 - I’ll buy 54 maybe during the next T-X sale. But I feel 51 as just unsuccessful try to be a Conqueror. It’s almost the same but actually it’s worse in everything. And as far as I see in battle - it’s the same for T-X between Super Conqueror and Mle. 54. Plus again 54 seems for me as just more of the same as 51.

What I don’t like for the Mle. 51 is - despite its relatively good frontal armor it’s too unreliable and has too many weak spots and it rarely bounces shots in contrary of the Conquerors. Hull down it’s still too vulnerable - no enough gun depression and too big weak spots. And the side armor for both 51 and 54 is too weak for side scrape. 

 

I am in full agreement re the Mle 51; I have been in several face to face with Conquerors, and while they pen me, I don't. Besides, the Mle 51 is a single position tank. The moment you move, anybody can pen you lateral and rear. I personally am more at ease with the 50-120, less armor, but much more mobile.

I will go Lorraine then. I should get the crew completed today, and I will proceed. I will start another crew and see if I can complete it in time to catch the 50B. I will leave the Mle 54 for last. I don't really enjoy the 51, so, chances are I won't the 54.

 


Edited by P6X330, 24 May 2019 - 12:43 AM.

                Bad teams are in the same battle. Good teams work together! don't complain, contribute.

 


Albapfalzd3 #22 Posted 23 May 2019 - 12:49 PM

    Major

  • Players
  • 21035 battles
  • 2,543
  • Member since:
    04-07-2017

This tank is absolutely killing my stats. I have played 19 matches in it and have a 26% win rate. I am looking forward to seeing how it performs once it is fully upgraded. I actually started to get pretty good with the AMX 50 100 having Aced and marked it but am having a hell of a time with the 50 120 and the 40T. Just have to stick it out and see how they play out.

 

Roy



P6X330 #23 Posted 24 May 2019 - 12:47 AM

    Major

  • Supertest - PS4
  • 15296 battles
  • 3,952
  • [AMXS]
  • Member since:
    07-02-2017

View PostAlbapfalzd3, on 23 May 2019 - 06:49 AM, said:

This tank is absolutely killing my stats. I have played 19 matches in it and have a 26% win rate. I am looking forward to seeing how it performs once it is fully upgraded. I actually started to get pretty good with the AMX 50 100 having Aced and marked it but am having a hell of a time with the 50 120 and the 40T. Just have to stick it out and see how they play out.

 

Roy

 

I take it you do not have the 120mm gun in the 50-120? without the 120, the 50-120 is useless. Once you get the big gun, then it becomes relevant again. You are still a medium tank though, don't get carried away. If you play laid back, you will be rewarded.

If I understood correctly, the Lorraine 40t is more mobile than the 50-120, so I am guessing both tanks probably play the same, while the Lorraine has a weaker gun.


                Bad teams are in the same battle. Good teams work together! don't complain, contribute.

 


P6X330 #24 Posted 24 May 2019 - 04:01 PM

    Major

  • Supertest - PS4
  • 15296 battles
  • 3,952
  • [AMXS]
  • Member since:
    07-02-2017

So, I got the Lorraine 40t, I put a four skilled crew in, and am playing it with the 100mm gun, which I am very familiar with.

 

Two battles, two defeats, and I am finding myself exactly where I knew I would be:

 

aiming time makes you miss shots, and those you don't miss don't pen against the new Tier IX breed...


                Bad teams are in the same battle. Good teams work together! don't complain, contribute.

 


Stahlbrezel #25 Posted 06 June 2019 - 09:04 AM

    Staff sergeant

  • Players
  • 25866 battles
  • 327
  • Member since:
    11-26-2016

View PostP6X330, on 24 May 2019 - 05:01 PM, said:

So, I got the Lorraine 40t, I put a four skilled crew in, and am playing it with the 100mm gun, which I am very familiar with.

 

Two battles, two defeats, and I am finding myself exactly where I knew I would be:

 

aiming time makes you miss shots, and those you don't miss don't pen against the new Tier IX breed...

 

I don't think the gun is an issue. 2,5 sec AT is okay. If ur really unhappy with it, use vert.stabs together with GLD plus prem.food and snapshot/smooth ride skill ... although i personally prefer optics instead of GLD... and use food for AT >3 seconds. 232/263 mm is okay for penning weak-spots on every tier, as long u don't shoot at hull-downers in hull-down positions. That's just a waste of ammo. The 40t is an excellent flanker... use it as such... and like most french vehicles a poor damage trader... so try to avoid trades.

Btw. in my 40t i have my very best french crew. it has all camo skills, snapshot, clutch-breaking, all visual-skills and the 2 basic skills... that helps too of course. :)

 

EDIT: a real useful package for a flanker, comes in the last package...mobility. 


Edited by Stahlbrezel, 06 June 2019 - 09:19 AM.

Hic Rhodus, hic salta... ~ Aesop

 

 


P6X330 #26 Posted 06 June 2019 - 01:07 PM

    Major

  • Supertest - PS4
  • 15296 battles
  • 3,952
  • [AMXS]
  • Member since:
    07-02-2017

View PostStahlbrezel, on 06 June 2019 - 03:04 AM, said:

 

I don't think the gun is an issue. 2,5 sec AT is okay. If ur really unhappy with it, use vert.stabs together with GLD plus prem.food and snapshot/smooth ride skill ... although i personally prefer optics instead of GLD... and use food for AT >3 seconds. 232/263 mm is okay for penning weak-spots on every tier, as long u don't shoot at hull-downers in hull-down positions. That's just a waste of ammo. The 40t is an excellent flanker... use it as such... and like most french vehicles a poor damage trader... so try to avoid trades.

Btw. in my 40t i have my very best french crew. it has all camo skills, snapshot, clutch-breaking, all visual-skills and the 2 basic skills... that helps too of course. :)

 

EDIT: a real useful package for a flanker, comes in the last package...mobility. 

 

I only have the basic four skills so far, but I have much more success in the B/C AP, same gun. I will get it eventually.


Edited by P6X330, 06 June 2019 - 01:09 PM.

                Bad teams are in the same battle. Good teams work together! don't complain, contribute.

 


wake_the_move #27 Posted 29 June 2019 - 06:53 PM

    Sergeant

  • Players
  • 8009 battles
  • 181
  • Member since:
    12-04-2015

The only thing I dislike about the Lorraine 40t, is that I almost always get thrown into matches having muppets and bots as teammates. No matter how I perform in this tank, agressively/defensively, how low or high damage (usually I am between 1.5k-4k with only few matches of lower/higher output), the team is always ruining any effort.

 

Lots of scaredy cats and presumed blindfolded players. One of the biggest letdown had been a match at the Mannerheim Line map, where a couple of heavy tank players openly announced, that they would not take position in the south. However they did not rush/zerg the north either, but sitting on the top hill, where actually 2 tanks can perform at best, while no one covered the south. Outcome was as predicted. They got sniped one by one, while the rest of the team got flanked. 

This is getting quite frustrating lately.



P6X330 #28 Posted 29 June 2019 - 07:38 PM

    Major

  • Supertest - PS4
  • 15296 battles
  • 3,952
  • [AMXS]
  • Member since:
    07-02-2017

View Postwake_the_move, on 29 June 2019 - 12:53 PM, said:

This is getting quite frustrating lately.

 

Don't let anything get to you; for 10 battles to forget, you will get that one which will make you feel good about yourself.

 

Eventually, efforts pay. This is certainty. In any case, there is a great part of chance in what we doing.

 

What I find hard to manage in the Lorraine, is the long aim time. If I shoot too early, I am almost certain to miss. I am building my stealth competences on that tank.


                Bad teams are in the same battle. Good teams work together! don't complain, contribute.

 


Huncho_Mystic #29 Posted 17 July 2019 - 11:53 PM

    First lieutenant

  • Players
  • 10763 battles
  • 977
  • [ELDER]
  • Member since:
    01-24-2016
I want to love this tank- looks good, has great mobility with the top package, but the reload is way to long- 36 seconds even with a good crew for such a pop gun

pingwrx #30 Posted 18 July 2019 - 03:03 AM

    Major

  • Players
  • 23084 battles
  • 2,120
  • [REDIT]
  • Member since:
    01-31-2016

View PostHuncho_Mystic, on 17 July 2019 - 03:53 PM, said:

I want to love this tank- looks good, has great mobility with the top package, but the reload is way to long- 36 seconds even with a good crew for such a pop gun

Definitely a frustrating tank to play sometimes that long reload plus it's big as a house.



 


EdwardSt #31 Posted 18 July 2019 - 06:16 AM

    Sergeant

  • Players
  • 2452 battles
  • 191
  • Member since:
    12-04-2015
Just bring us premium tier VIII version, WG.


wake_the_move #32 Posted 28 July 2019 - 03:13 AM

    Sergeant

  • Players
  • 8009 battles
  • 181
  • Member since:
    12-04-2015

View PostEdwardSt, on 18 July 2019 - 06:16 AM, said:

Just bring us premium tier VIII version, WG.

 

Oh, no! You do NOT want the premium version. Trust me. In fact they killed the Lorraine on PC with it.




1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users