• Please log in to reply
44 replies to this topic

Rubbelito #41 Posted 30 April 2019 - 05:28 AM

Major

• WoTC Online Contributor
  • 23168 battles
  • [KOALA]

View PostAfro Palestine, on 30 April 2019 - 02:32 AM, said:

So weird, as I like to push when playing the Tiger.   Of course you can only push so far in an open field if you don't have a scout.

I certainly didn't mean all Tigers camp. Far from it.

But when you find that top tier, full health heavy at the back as the last survivor, it's surprisingly often a Tiger of any kind. :teethhappy:

Afro Palestine #42 Posted 30 April 2019 - 06:00 AM

Major

• Players
  • 55823 battles
  • [HKC]

View PostRubbelito, on 30 April 2019 - 05:28 AM, said:

I certainly didn't mean all Tigers camp. Far from it.

But when you find that top tier, full health heavy at the back as the last survivor, it's surprisingly often a Tiger of any kind. :teethhappy:

i didn't take it that way.    My experience is T-29s.

Edit:   And I have to say, the worst is when lights camp, leaving us blind.  They just go to a line, and stop.   Wait till most of the team is dead. Then they take off towards the enemy.

Edited by Afro Palestine, 30 April 2019 - 06:06 AM.

animatethant #43 Posted 30 April 2019 - 07:08 AM

Major

• Players
  • 77576 battles

View PostFromBravo2Kilo, on 29 April 2019 - 04:49 AM, said:

A long time ago I read or was told to "have your gun in the fight."  So yesterday I called out a Japanese Heavy driver that had a 4 year emblem (and 9 years including PC).  The player (along with 3 other heavies) never moved more than one grid square from spawn (Steepes).  Now I got the typical excuse of slow mph/kph.  Mentioned that excuse is lame and how 99% of the threats come from the flank (not through the center).  What shocked me was the comment I never expected.  The player said "there is no such thing as camping in WOT."  It got me thinking.  What is your definition of camping?  For me it was the example I mentioned above.    

potatoe/potato

say these things. 

- if you sit where you are in a non-advantageous position while the rest of your team moves to strategic points/areas then that's not helping  your team win. That's either stupid "camping" or willful ignorance or even strategic "camping" (ie: damage as many pre-damaged tanks before you die thus boosting your place on the leaderboard)

once in awhile this strat works as the red team tanks that approach the spawn/base are so beat up that they cannot overcome the campers. 

lots of times people have won a game or two this way and figure that it's far easier to let the game come to them than learn the game and move out to meet the red team and try to fight on their terms. 

problem is that their win rates are almost always terrible ... but the kicker is that they don't care. Most potatoes just want to shoot stuff up and see tanks blow up. They don't care about w/r, wn8 etc ... there are many, many players that are considered "casual" and even if you msg them they basically say "I don't care, I just play this game for fun ..." so it is what it is.

i've mentioned many times in the past now that I don't get upset anymore ... you just have to adjust your tactics and positioning to reflect your team deployment. If you overextend (even to a generally accepted advantageous position) then you've overextended. 

If your team is full of potatoes you have to extend just as far as your potatoe snipers and campers have something to shoot at - tanks that you light up or tanks that you engage and draw your team into action. That's the real skill in WoT. If you run so far that the red team cannot be rendered by your team then you've outrun your support and you should pull back even if it's against your nature. 

Afro Palestine #44 Posted 30 April 2019 - 07:15 AM

Major

• Players
  • 55823 battles
  • [HKC]

View Postanimatethant, on 30 April 2019 - 07:08 AM, said:

potatoe/potato

say these things. 

- if you sit where you are in a non-advantageous position while the rest of your team moves to strategic points/areas then that's not helping  your team win. That's either stupid "camping" or willful ignorance or even strategic "camping" (ie: damage as many pre-damaged tanks before you die thus boosting your place on the leaderboard)

once in awhile this strat works as the red team tanks that approach the spawn/base are so beat up that they cannot overcome the campers. 

lots of times people have won a game or two this way and figure that it's far easier to let the game come to them than learn the game and move out to meet the red team and try to fight on their terms. 

problem is that their win rates are almost always terrible ... but the kicker is that they don't care. Most potatoes just want to shoot stuff up and see tanks blow up. They don't care about w/r, wn8 etc ... there are many, many players that are considered "casual" and even if you msg them they basically say "I don't care, I just play this game for fun ..." so it is what it is.

i've mentioned many times in the past now that I don't get upset anymore ... you just have to adjust your tactics and positioning to reflect your team deployment. If you overextend (even to a generally accepted advantageous position) then you've overextended. 

If your team is full of potatoes you have to extend just as far as your potatoe snipers and campers have something to shoot at - tanks that you light up or tanks that you engage and draw your team into action. That's the real skill in WoT. If you run so far that the red team cannot be rendered by your team then you've outrun your support and you should pull back even if it's against your nature. 

Play "Potato Safe" .

Koncorde #45 Posted 30 April 2019 - 07:32 AM

Captain

• Players
  • 24115 battles
Even worse than camping, the top tier lemming train that heads actually away from where they are meant to and end up out of the battle so long that they split up to go half defend and half continue blundering on into the open capture zone and die.

Also tagged with camping heavy, heavies, camping

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users