Jump to content


4202 Awesomeness!


  • Please log in to reply
36 replies to this topic

fozfactor #21 Posted 10 June 2019 - 12:47 PM

    Major

  • Players
  • 59017 battles
  • 2,396
  • Member since:
    12-23-2013

View PostShockwave IIC, on 10 June 2019 - 02:13 AM, said:

While I am enjoying the tank, I'm in agreement with V4nquished79, it's reputation for bounces is exaggerated.

 

The armor only works if you believe in it. ;)


non nobis solum


Funktastic Ed #22 Posted 13 June 2019 - 01:40 PM

    First lieutenant

  • Players
  • 18996 battles
  • 700
  • Member since:
    11-21-2014

This thing is a lie, i ran away with a T54 ltwt with oïl wich means i go 75km/h and this medium caught me up in a second and was able to follow me like i was a joke.

So…two solutions to this absolute nonsense.

1-The guy is cheating in some way, wich i don't Believe. 

2- Tank's stats are false and the true speed of the tank is not 50km/h but more like 70km/h.

 

Anyway it is very unlikely that a tank with that much armor on his turret can go that fast.

 

It's exactly like the AC4 exp supposed to run 60km/h, but it does not feel that way one bit, i challenge any possessor to tell me that it feels like a fast tank.

 

So what's going on here, does the tank stats are really reflecting the true tank specs ?

Or does somebody at WG Chicago just messed up things so you can't even Believe what you read in the game ?


Edited by Funktastic Ed, 13 June 2019 - 02:04 PM.

"Idiots dare everything, that's how you really know they are."

Koncorde #23 Posted 13 June 2019 - 06:21 PM

    Captain

  • Players
  • 24952 battles
  • 1,752
  • Member since:
    06-08-2014

It does about 56/57 with a decent crew and at full flight. Downhill possibly a bit more. With a fully upgraded crew and oil, maybe a little more again.

The only way it stays with a T54 is through terrain resist and rough terrain.

 

And just played it to check, does about 50/51 from a standing start, would definitely need some rockets to catch a T54 ltwt.



Jherry Angel #24 Posted 14 June 2019 - 01:50 PM

    Captain

  • Supertest - Xbox One
  • 34410 battles
  • 1,318
  • Member since:
    10-04-2014

View PostFunktastic Ed, on 13 June 2019 - 01:40 PM, said:

This thing is a lie, i ran away with a T54 ltwt with oïl wich means i go 75km/h and this medium caught me up in a second and was able to follow me like i was a joke.

So…two solutions to this absolute nonsense.

1-The guy is cheating in some way, wich i don't Believe. 

2- Tank's stats are false and the true speed of the tank is not 50km/h but more like 70km/h.

 

1.  Oil doesn't make you go faster - just accelerate to max speed at a greater rate (as well as a turret turning rate increase); and

2.  I sense some hyperbole to make a point which can be easily disproved.

 



 "Whatever doesn't kill you, simply makes you ... stranger." 


Shockwave IIC #25 Posted 15 June 2019 - 12:29 PM

    Major

  • Beta Tester
  • 17976 battles
  • 2,892
  • [-PA-]
  • Member since:
    11-09-2013

View PostKoncorde, on 13 June 2019 - 06:21 PM, said:

It does about 56/57 with a decent crew and at full flight. Downhill possibly a bit more. With a fully upgraded crew and oil, maybe a little more again.

The only way it stays with a T54 is through terrain resist and rough terrain.

 

And just played it to check, does about 50/51 from a standing start, would definitely need some rockets to catch a T54 ltwt.

 

These are the speeds I tend to get from over normal terrain.

Chaffee ***, M10 Wolverine ***, Hellcat **, Fury **, Easy 8 ***, M6 ***, T29 ***, T71 **, T69 **, Comet I IT34 **, T34 85 ** T150 ***, KV4 **, VK30.01D III III III, VK30.01M III III, VK30.02D III III, Tiger P III III,

http://forum-console...our-average-joe

 


Funktastic Ed #26 Posted 15 June 2019 - 12:36 PM

    First lieutenant

  • Players
  • 18996 battles
  • 700
  • Member since:
    11-21-2014

View PostJherry Angel, on 14 June 2019 - 01:50 PM, said:

 

1.  Oil doesn't make you go faster - just accelerate to max speed at a greater rate (as well as a turret turning rate increase); and

2.  I sense some hyperbole to make a point which can be easily disproved.

 

1 Did i say oïl is making me go faster ?

2 I dont know what you talk about


"Idiots dare everything, that's how you really know they are."

Jherry Angel #27 Posted 18 June 2019 - 12:42 PM

    Captain

  • Supertest - Xbox One
  • 34410 battles
  • 1,318
  • Member since:
    10-04-2014

View PostFunktastic Ed, on 13 June 2019 - 01:40 PM, said:

This thing is a lie, i ran away with a T54 ltwt with oïl wich means i go 75km/h and this medium caught me up in a second and was able to follow me like i was a joke.

 

View PostFunktastic Ed, on 15 June 2019 - 12:36 PM, said:

1 Did i say oïl is making me go faster ?

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Your statement re using oil and how that relates to your top speed implies that was the case - so yes, you did.



 "Whatever doesn't kill you, simply makes you ... stranger." 


wake_the_move #28 Posted 15 September 2019 - 03:29 PM

    Staff sergeant

  • Players
  • 11190 battles
  • 301
  • Member since:
    12-04-2015

I still wonder, why the 4202‘s Premium HESH hasn‘t

got a beefed up pen like the Deathstars have compared to PC. A whooping 45mm increase for them, nothing for the 4202. I‘d prefer the CAX, because of it‘s better and far more versatile selection of ammo. Equivalent AP, premium APCR, and still useful non-premium HESH imho beat the 4202‘s AP/HESH/HE setup. If the 4202 had 230-245 mm pen premium HESH, I‘d possibly change my mind.



Belgos The Drow #29 Posted 15 October 2019 - 10:26 PM

    Sergeant

  • Players
  • 27920 battles
  • 132
  • Member since:
    07-01-2014

View Postfozfactor, on 30 April 2019 - 12:47 PM, said:

 

I picked up Jim White in chest over the holidays but unfortunately with 19 and 24 skill Brit crews I dismissed him. Bringing the Golden Miller's reload down to sub 6 seconds would mean even more awesomeness but there's no way I see starting from scratch putting in the effort to get another A-team together (and miss out on all those other "little" things ie. view-range, gun handling, safety, mobility, etc.)... that was 7k+ games in the 4202P and thousands upon thousands in the Chieftain and CGC et al. :ohmy: 

 

Interesting that I have heard the argument that AR is a waste of time as "how often is one on less than 10% health?". As someone who leads the charge I'm am often running on fumes, as my low survival rate can confirm. :teethhappy:

 

You can’t tell me you haven’t noticed how many times your shots or yourself are left on less than 9.09% hp since AR was introduced just so the Perk has relevance?

if so your not watching the same game I am.

it is so prevalent that it has forced me to get this perk on my crews just so I am competing on a level playing field.

doesnt help though when the last round in  a 4 rnd clip leaves them on 10hp and they reload and kill you whilst your still 20s away from your reload

 



Belgos The Drow #30 Posted 15 October 2019 - 10:30 PM

    Sergeant

  • Players
  • 27920 battles
  • 132
  • Member since:
    07-01-2014

Just got the 4202 and it rocks

i have no issues penning with the HESH rnd



TransparentBlue #31 Posted 15 October 2019 - 10:42 PM

    Captain

  • Players
  • 13414 battles
  • 1,244
  • Member since:
    02-19-2015

View Postfozfactor, on 30 April 2019 - 12:47 PM, said:

 

I picked up Jim White in chest over the holidays but unfortunately with 19 and 24 skill Brit crews I dismissed him. Bringing the Golden Miller's reload down to sub 6 seconds would mean even more awesomeness but there's no way I see starting from scratch putting in the effort to get another A-team together (and miss out on all those other "little" things ie. view-range, gun handling, safety, mobility, etc.)... that was 7k+ games in the 4202P and thousands upon thousands in the Chieftain and CGC et al. :ohmy: 

 

Interesting that I have heard the argument that AR is a waste of time as "how often is one on less than 10% health?". As someone who leads the charge I'm am often running on fumes, as my low survival rate can confirm. :teethhappy:

 

 

At the very least, you keep the crew for later and spend the 5 cents to trade the skill to Sixth Sense.  



Potato QQ #32 Posted 17 October 2019 - 04:55 AM

    Major

  • Players
  • 22616 battles
  • 4,857
  • Member since:
    04-15-2014
GG

wake_the_move #33 Posted 17 October 2019 - 06:04 AM

    Staff sergeant

  • Players
  • 11190 battles
  • 301
  • Member since:
    12-04-2015

View PostBelgos The Drow, on 15 October 2019 - 10:30 PM, said:

Just got the 4202 and it rocks

i have no issues penning with the HESH rnd

 

Oh yeah! Wait until you try to use it during lock-on, or larger distances.It‘s meant for lesser armored targets and even there they’re unreliable. Had even issues on arty pieces. I prefer the 330mm HEAT rounds of other vehicles, as they are very useful for bunkers like the Japanese and German Heavies, or TDs like the Jgdpz. E100, even from larger distances. Seems they even had to buff the FV4202‘s tops speed. Originally this thing wasn‘t faster than 40 kph.


Edited by wake_the_move, 17 October 2019 - 06:15 AM.


Belgos The Drow #34 Posted 17 October 2019 - 10:03 AM

    Sergeant

  • Players
  • 27920 battles
  • 132
  • Member since:
    07-01-2014
Mate I like the different round it makes me use terrain and flank. I just shot an E-100 three times in the rear of his turret by flanking him near a ridged. All three penned for 500+ damage.
I can see how it’s not for some, I like hi pen HEAT just as much as the next tanker, but I like how this gives the tank a quirk and makes me play it different to just point / auto aim and shoot.
To each his own

wake_the_move #35 Posted 17 October 2019 - 07:21 PM

    Staff sergeant

  • Players
  • 11190 battles
  • 301
  • Member since:
    12-04-2015

Lucky for you to catch his rear. Often enough though there are other reds around, denying you this. That‘s why I prefer ammo, which works from any side. I don‘t like „situational“, and I don‘t like bouncing, glancing too often. Got no time for that.


Edited by wake_the_move, 21 October 2019 - 08:39 AM.


Belgos The Drow #36 Posted 18 October 2019 - 10:14 AM

    Sergeant

  • Players
  • 27920 battles
  • 132
  • Member since:
    07-01-2014

View Postwake_the_move, on 17 October 2019 - 07:21 PM, said:

Lucky for you to catch his rear. Often enough though there a other reds around, denying you this. That‘s why I prefer ammo, which works from any side. I don‘t like „situational“, and I don‘t like bouncing, glancing too often. Got

no time for that.

Fair call



Belgos The Drow #37 Posted 20 October 2019 - 06:36 AM

    Sergeant

  • Players
  • 27920 battles
  • 132
  • Member since:
    07-01-2014
As with EVERY tank I own, this one seems to be prone getting Ammo racked just when you have the opportunity to give. Crucial contribution... have taken off the Stabilisers for Wet Ammo rack....
Got ammo racked the next game twice...yes I have safe stowage.
Took the fire extinguisher off and put in another small repair kit...
Let’s hope I am sufficiently protected from here on...





1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users