Jump to content


World of Tanks - Battle Heroes May 2nd 2019

battle heroes battle heroes article

  • Please log in to reply
20 replies to this topic

RaiBOT01 #1 Posted 02 May 2019 - 08:46 PM

    (Cat) Community Manager

  • Administrator
  • 2983 battles
  • 14,201
  • [WGW]
  • Member since:
    06-28-2013

Developer Q&A

And now, it's time for another Q&A session with PAINGOD and LadyObscura WGA from the development team in Wargaming Chicago-Baltimore!

 

Could we see a 50% discount on Tier II-IV Premium tanks soon?

  • [LadyObscura WGA] Keep an eye out for sales and discounts in May!

 

Any chance of being able to hide battle ribbons while still being able to see damage counters? Currently, hiding the ribbons also hides the counters.

  • [PAINGOD] Yes, a good chance, I just pinged the ticket for it.

 

Do you have any plans about releasing Lorraine 40t premium tank?

  • [PAINGOD] No plans currently as we never removed it from the Tech Tree. It is still there on console. I suppose if there is a lot of demand, we could make one.

 

PC tested multi-gun performance with the FCM F1. We tested the Mark I with duel guns are there any plans to test it further?

  • [PAINGOD] The Mark I was pretty much a hack and not truly multi-barrel. We don’t currently have the tech to do this the right way on the server and support it in 30 player battles but it is on the wish list.

 

Any update on how you will introduce PC reward tanks?

  • [PAINGOD] Sorry, that’s one I can’t talk about yet as it isn’t in developments hands.

 

Are we getting new achievements/trophies in the next update?

  • [PAINGOD] Not in 4.10 as we are restricted in number and frequency to the type of game we are (F2P) by the first parties.

 

Any plans to allow us to remove Complex Equipment such as Coated Optics for Free in the Future? I'm hesitant to setup more tanks as, without Demounting for Gold, you lose that Silver you invested into the Equipment.

  • [PAINGOD] No plans at this time as the cost to demount it tiny and you get all your silver back. Since the first of the year we’ve started giving out gold in Operations so all players have a chance to get small amounts perfect for this.

 

Will we get the new Tier 8-10 Swedish Medium tanks?

  • [PAINGOD] I’m sure we will but they are still very new on PC so we won’t get them for a while yet.

 

Would you implement any changes to the minimap? Size adjustment and more information shown in that, (like last spotted locations of the enemies)?

  • [PAINGOD] Currently we’ve maxed out the HUD performance wise and cannot add to it without removing or refactoring a lot of it.

 


<a data-cke-saved-href='http://www.pixeljoint.com/files/icons/walkingcat_by_thetaupe.gif' href='http://www.pixeljoint.com/files/icons/walkingcat_by_thetaupe.gif' class='bbc_url' title='External link' rel='external'><a href='http://www.pixeljoin...by_thetaupe.gif</a>' class='bbc_url' title='External link' rel='external'><a href='http://www.pixeljoin...hetaupe.gif</a></a>' class='bbc_url' title='External link' rel='external'><a href='http://www.pixeljoin...upe.gif</a></a></a>' class='bbc_url' title='External link' rel='external'><a href='http://www.pixeljoin...gif</a></a></a></a>' class='bbc_url' title='External link' rel='external'><a href='http://www.pixeljoin.../a></a></a></a></a>' class='bbc_url' title='External link' rel='external'><a href='http://www.pixeljoin.../a></a></a></a></a>' class='bbc_url' title='External link' rel='external'><a href='http://www.pixeljoin.../a></a></a></a></a>' class='bbc_url' title='External link' rel='external'><a href='http://www.pixeljoin.../a></a></a></a></a>' class='bbc_url' title='External link' rel='external'><a href='http://www.pixeljoin.../a></a></a></a></a>' class='bbc_url' title='External link' rel='external'><a href='http://www.pixeljoin.../a></a></a></a></a>' class='bbc_url' title='External link' rel='external'><a href='http://www.pixeljoin.../a></a></a></a></a>' class='bbc_url' title='External link' rel='external'><a href='http://www.pixeljoin.../a></a></a></a></a>' class='bbc_url' title='External link' rel='external'><a href='http://www.pixeljoin.../a></a></a></a></a>' class='bbc_url' title='External link' rel='external'><a href='http://www.pixeljoin.../a></a></a></a></a>' class='bbc_url' title='External link' rel='external'><a href='http://www.pixeljoin.../a></a></a></a></a>' class='bbc_url' title='External link' rel='external'><a href='http://www.pixeljoin.../a></a></a></a></a>' class='bbc_url' title='External link' rel='external'><a href='http://www.pixeljoin.../a></a></a></a></a>' class='bbc_url' title='External link' rel='external'><a href='http://www.pixeljoin.../a></a></a></a></a>' class='bbc_url' title='External link' rel='external'><a href='http://www.pixeljoin.../a></a></a></a></a>' class='bbc_url' title='External link' rel='external'><a href='http://www.pixeljoin.../a></a></a></a></a>' class='bbc_url' title='External link' rel='external'><a href='http://www.pixeljoin.../a></a></a></a></a>' class='bbc_url' title='External link' rel='external'><a href='http://www.pixeljoin.../a></a></a></a></a>' class='bbc_url' title='External link' rel='external'><a href='http://www.pixeljoin.../a></a></a></a></a>' class='bbc_url' title='External link' rel='external'><a href='http://www.pixeljoin.../a></a></a></a></a>' class='bbc_url' title='External link' rel='external'><a href='http://www.pixeljoin.../a></a></a></a></a>' class='bbc_url' title='External link' rel='external'><a href='http://www.pixeljoin.../a></a></a></a></a>' class='bbc_url' title='External link' rel='external'><a href='http://www.pixeljoin.../a></a></a></a></a>' class='bbc_url' title='External link' rel='external'><a href='http://www.pixeljoin.../a></a></a></a></a>' class='bbc_url' title='External link' rel='external'><a href='http://www.pixeljoin.../a></a></a></a></a>' class='bbc_url' title='External link' rel='external'><a href='http://www.pixeljoin.../a></a></a></a></a>' class='bbc_url' title='External link' rel='external'><a href='http://www.pixeljoin.../a></a></a></a></a>' class='bbc_url' title='External link' rel='external'><a href='http://www.pixeljoin.../a></a></a></a></a>' class='bbc_url' title='External link' rel='external'><a href='http://www.pixeljoin.../a></a></a></a></a>' class='bbc_url' title='External link' rel='external'>http://www.pixeljoin.../a></a></a></a></a> 

Player's passion for our games is the fuel that keeps my tank engine running every day.

"Never let your sense of morals get in the way of doing what's right" - Isaac Asimov

Follow me on Twitter: @RAIBot01 - Crew Skills and Perks

Customer Support 


ATINvonRUEGEN #2 Posted 02 May 2019 - 08:51 PM

    First lieutenant

  • Players
  • 11736 battles
  • 833
  • [WOTAN]
  • Member since:
    12-06-2015
Beta and exklusiv Tanks for me ! Please 

matematicalone #3 Posted 02 May 2019 - 09:02 PM

    First lieutenant

  • Players
  • 2139 battles
  • 808
  • Member since:
    11-15-2017

Hi Rai, what about photo contest results? I think they were supposed to be published on this heroes article or am I missing it somehow.



 


MASHMAN 90 #4 Posted 02 May 2019 - 09:25 PM

    Major

  • WoTC Ambassador
  • 36005 battles
  • 12,114
  • Member since:
    02-21-2014

View Postmatematicalone, on 02 May 2019 - 09:02 PM, said:

Hi Rai, what about photo contest results? I think they were supposed to be published on this heroes article or am I missing it somehow.

 

Next weeks Weekly Assault (Posted on the thread) :)

GameWinner_001 #5 Posted 02 May 2019 - 09:32 PM

    Captain

  • Players
  • 42062 battles
  • 1,917
  • [TOP-N]
  • Member since:
    12-04-2015

Pretty good the recent Q&A's.
Very outspoken. I Like that!

 

 



Plum1973 #6 Posted 02 May 2019 - 09:57 PM

    Staff sergeant

  • Players
  • 439 battles
  • 327
  • Member since:
    12-19-2018

Thank you very much for a low tier premium tanks discount.

Nice for tank collectors.

And we will training rookie crews from a small nations ;-)

 


Rookie again

Sadriel Fett #7 Posted 02 May 2019 - 09:59 PM

    Major

  • Supertest - Xbox One
  • 27256 battles
  • 5,079
  • [A4C]
  • Member since:
    02-12-2014

View PostRaiBOT01, on 02 May 2019 - 04:46 PM, said:

Would you implement any changes to the minimap? Size adjustment and more information shown in that, (like last spotted locations of the enemies)?

  • [PAINGOD] Currently we’ve maxed out the HUD performance wise and cannot add to it without removing or refactoring a lot of it.

 

 

I only have one question, as a follow-up to this week's Battle Heroes Q&A.  Can he be more specific about maxing out the HUD performance?  I think I remember watching a Weekly Assault stream, and Chuji mentioned that they had only maxed out the HUD performance on the XB360 and not the other consoles.  But, since we have to have parity between all three consoles, that's why it's something that can't currently be done.  When I was playing and testing the game on the XB360 there were some things that we just didn't get on the XB360, because it couldn't handle it.  The Himmelsdorf "Dark City" variant map doesn't have the zeppelins flying around, there's no paratroopers dropping down on the Overlord map, obviously the bushes and grass that can't be rendered, plus most of the seasonal garage appearances couldn't be implemented, just to name a few.  As I recall, there's even some preferences in the Options menu that we don't have on the XB360 that's on the other two systems.  We just accepted it as a limitation for that console because it's so old.  We get that the console is dated and you're bound by contract with MS to still support the system.  But, if they're holding back development of the mini-map functions on the HUD only because of that, why not just make the updates for the PS4 and XB1 and not have them on the XB360 like all the other things we can't get on the XB360?  I can understand not adding things like the "last spotted" function, or anything else that'd give an unfair advantage to the newer consoles.  However, being able to resize the mini-map isn't going to give the XB360 console a disadvantage.  That's more of a quality of life update for the in-game Battle HUD.  Just wanted some more clarification on just which consoles HUD system performance is currently maxed out.


 

~ There's no such thing as "Arty Safe."  You have to play "Arty Aware."  You have to play "SmArty." ~

~ The worst enemies you will ever face in this game are your own team mates. ~


Koneko Da Best #8 Posted 02 May 2019 - 10:39 PM

    First lieutenant

  • Players
  • 28351 battles
  • 572
  • [KMD]
  • Member since:
    02-03-2014
Us having the Tier 8 and 10 versions of the FV4202 is reason enough to let us have a tier 8 lorraine and you guys would make tons of money from it so I see no reason not to make it happen :confused: and on another note tier 2-4 sale lol what? :teethhappy:

Haukkis #9 Posted 03 May 2019 - 02:47 AM

    Major

  • Players
  • 33626 battles
  • 2,767
  • Member since:
    08-05-2015
I don't buy that resriction conserning new achievements. Why can't they add new achievements anymore? They used to add more 2-3 times a year, now last time we got new cheevos was last summer (update 4.5). I know that Xbox 360 is capped out since it has achievement limit which has reached but there is no such limit on Xbox One (not sure about PS4). Other free-to-play games like Warframe keeps adding new achievements regularly and it's total gamerscore is already way higher than World Of Tanks. Weird... 

RUNNINGDUDE1 #10 Posted 03 May 2019 - 05:06 AM

    Major

  • Supertest - Xbox 360
  • 23495 battles
  • 9,461
  • Member since:
    11-08-2013

View PostHaukkis, on 02 May 2019 - 06:47 PM, said:

I don't buy that resriction conserning new achievements. Why can't they add new achievements anymore? They used to add more 2-3 times a year, now last time we got new cheevos was last summer (update 4.5). I know that Xbox 360 is capped out since it has achievement limit which has reached but there is no such limit on Xbox One (not sure about PS4). Other free-to-play games like Warframe keeps adding new achievements regularly and it's total gamerscore is already way higher than World Of Tanks. Weird...

 

Pinball Fx has a higher achievement number than WOT on 360

Don R1CO NoVa #11 Posted 03 May 2019 - 07:00 AM

    First lieutenant

  • Players
  • 20753 battles
  • 837
  • [FRONT]
  • Member since:
    02-13-2014

View PostSadriel Fett, on 02 May 2019 - 09:59 PM, said:

 

I only have one question, as a follow-up to this week's Battle Heroes Q&A.  Can he be more specific about maxing out the HUD performance?  I think I remember watching a Weekly Assault stream, and Chuji mentioned that they had only maxed out the HUD performance on the XB360 and not the other consoles.  But, since we have to have parity between all three consoles, that's why it's something that can't currently be done.  When I was playing and testing the game on the XB360 there were some things that we just didn't get on the XB360, because it couldn't handle it.  The Himmelsdorf "Dark City" variant map doesn't have the zeppelins flying around, there's no paratroopers dropping down on the Overlord map, obviously the bushes and grass that can't be rendered, plus most of the seasonal garage appearances couldn't be implemented, just to name a few.  As I recall, there's even some preferences in the Options menu that we don't have on the XB360 that's on the other two systems.  We just accepted it as a limitation for that console because it's so old.  We get that the console is dated and you're bound by contract with MS to still support the system.  But, if they're holding back development of the mini-map functions on the HUD only because of that, why not just make the updates for the PS4 and XB1 and not have them on the XB360 like all the other things we can't get on the XB360?  I can understand not adding things like the "last spotted" function, or anything else that'd give an unfair advantage to the newer consoles.  However, being able to resize the mini-map isn't going to give the XB360 console a disadvantage.  That's more of a quality of life update for the in-game Battle HUD.  Just wanted some more clarification on just which consoles HUD system performance is currently maxed out.

 

:great:

 


Nuke2099 #12 Posted 03 May 2019 - 11:11 AM

    Major

  • Players
  • 23188 battles
  • 13,913
  • [KMD]
  • Member since:
    02-11-2014

View PostHaukkis, on 03 May 2019 - 02:47 AM, said:

I don't buy that resriction conserning new achievements. Why can't they add new achievements anymore? They used to add more 2-3 times a year, now last time we got new cheevos was last summer (update 4.5). I know that Xbox 360 is capped out since it has achievement limit which has reached but there is no such limit on Xbox One (not sure about PS4). Other free-to-play games like Warframe keeps adding new achievements regularly and it's total gamerscore is already way higher than World Of Tanks. Weird... 

 

Certain games are allotted a maximum amount of achievements they're allowed by Microsoft. I don't know why that's the case but it is. 
lQqtvt1.gif

Sammael85 #13 Posted 05 May 2019 - 04:37 AM

    Major

  • Players
  • 24554 battles
  • 4,744
  • [FAC]
  • Member since:
    08-20-2015
They say those are answers... For me are nothing but poor excuses. :popcorn:

Some might say i'm not constructive enough... Too bad i'm actually a deconstructivist

Si eres español/hispano y te sientes aislado por WG, no estás solo: Hay un Batallón Exiliado dispuesto a ayudarte

Hear me ROAR!!!
 


BUCKWHEAT l #14 Posted 09 May 2019 - 02:42 AM

    Corporal

  • Players
  • 16157 battles
  • 35
  • [GOONS]
  • Member since:
    12-10-2014

 

Would you implement any changes to the minimap? Size adjustment and more information shown in that, (like last spotted locations of the enemies)?

[PAINGOD] Currently we’ve maxed out the HUD performance wise and cannot add to it without removing or refactoring a lot of it.

 

 

 

So what your saying is that you guys are toooooo #@$&/#/!! lazy to rework the mini map for us. Wow thanks alot



BrogueOne #15 Posted 09 May 2019 - 03:41 AM

    Major

  • Supertest - PS4
  • 22916 battles
  • 10,218
  • [ELDER]
  • Member since:
    01-07-2016

View PostBUCKWHEAT l, on 09 May 2019 - 02:42 AM, said:

 

Would you implement any changes to the minimap? Size adjustment and more information shown in that, (like last spotted locations of the enemies)?

[PAINGOD] Currently we’ve maxed out the HUD performance wise and cannot add to it without removing or refactoring a lot of it.

 

 

 

So what your saying is that you guys are toooooo #@$&/#/!! lazy to rework the mini map for us. Wow thanks alot

“Maxed out” means there’s no more storage space in the game files to make major alterations to the UI.  It’s not lazy, there’s just more important things than adjustable mini-maps to be worked on.



Sovietdeath #16 Posted 09 May 2019 - 07:58 AM

    Major

  • WoTC Online Contributor
  • 15347 battles
  • 20,363
  • Member since:
    08-10-2013

View PostBrogueOne, on 08 May 2019 - 10:41 PM, said:

“Maxed out” means there’s no more storage space in the game files to make major alterations to the UI.  It’s not lazy, there’s just more important things than adjustable mini-maps to be worked on.

Actually Maxed out is probably referring to the running Memory for the 360 not the storage space allotted for the game, if they add more to the HUD it likely would crash the 360, and they won't add such an advantage to the modern systems



BrogueOne #17 Posted 09 May 2019 - 12:34 PM

    Major

  • Supertest - PS4
  • 22916 battles
  • 10,218
  • [ELDER]
  • Member since:
    01-07-2016

View PostSovietdeath, on 09 May 2019 - 07:58 AM, said:

Actually Maxed out is probably referring to the running Memory for the 360 not the storage space allotted for the game, if they add more to the HUD it likely would crash the 360, and they won't add such an advantage to the modern systems

Yeah, I know.  I intentionally omitted 360 from that response as it’s ultimately irrelevant.  If 360 can’t handles it, XBone and PS4 must abide and that means we’re all “maxed out”



Sovietdeath #18 Posted 11 May 2019 - 12:14 AM

    Major

  • WoTC Online Contributor
  • 15347 battles
  • 20,363
  • Member since:
    08-10-2013

View PostBrogueOne, on 09 May 2019 - 07:34 AM, said:

Yeah, I know.  I intentionally omitted 360 from that response as it’s ultimately irrelevant.  If 360 can’t handles it, XBone and PS4 must abide and that means we’re all “maxed out”

Omitting it is a disservice to the statement. Because modern systems have more then enough memory. Context is very important.



BUCKWHEAT l #19 Posted 15 May 2019 - 12:32 AM

    Corporal

  • Players
  • 16157 battles
  • 35
  • [GOONS]
  • Member since:
    12-10-2014
Are there plans to buff the IS4?

GloryAndTrash #20 Posted 16 May 2019 - 03:46 AM

    Major

  • Players
  • 12410 battles
  • 2,116
  • Member since:
    12-29-2016

View PostBUCKWHEAT l, on 15 May 2019 - 02:32 AM, said:

Are there plans to buff the IS4?

 

nope ! because win rate 50% XDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDD





Also tagged with battle heroes, battle, heroes, article

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users