Jump to content


Is repairs a must have skill or is it useless...


  • Please log in to reply
33 replies to this topic

P6X330 #21 Posted 04 May 2019 - 10:58 PM

    Major

  • Supertest - PS4
  • 16054 battles
  • 3,957
  • [AMXS]
  • Member since:
    07-02-2017

View Postenjamio, on 03 May 2019 - 06:05 AM, said:

That is not true, if you have both repair perks, you dont need to take 2 kit repairs, even if you take one big kit repair, the track Will be repaired in 3 or 4 seconds so it is imposible you get permatracked, and you could use that third choice for a extintor or some food.

 

I don't know if I conveyed my message properly; what I am saying, is the Repair perk only works AFTER you have been damaged. Even if you have the Repairs skill, the Track Mechanic, and a Large Repair kit, getting moving again will require a few seconds.

If I get tracked in my tank, using my small repair kit will get me going again instantaneously. It sometimes is the difference between survival and destruction. The few seconds it takes for the perks to get the track fixed can be your doom.

In a similar fashion, I don't train fire fighting first, but Preventative Maintenance. I do not carry a fire extinguisher in my tanks with a small % chance of fire. If I catch fire, I burn.

That is my opinion. I would rather have the perks and skills that procure a permanent improvement first. Brother in Arms, Situational Awareness, Reckon, camouflage, muffled shot, silent driving, to name a few.

 


                Bad teams are in the same battle. Good teams work together! don't complain, contribute.

 


SirlceCream #22 Posted 05 May 2019 - 12:28 AM

    Staff sergeant

  • Players
  • 19421 battles
  • 481
  • [4LOST]
  • Member since:
    12-11-2016

View PostP6X330, on 04 May 2019 - 10:58 PM, said:

 

I don't know if I conveyed my message properly; what I am saying, is the Repair perk only works AFTER you have been damaged. Even if you have the Repairs skill, the Track Mechanic, and a Large Repair kit, getting moving again will require a few seconds.

If I get tracked in my tank, using my small repair kit will get me going again instantaneously. It sometimes is the difference between survival and destruction. The few seconds it takes for the perks to get the track fixed can be your doom.

In a similar fashion, I don't train fire fighting first, but Preventative Maintenance. I do not carry a fire extinguisher in my tanks with a small % chance of fire. If I catch fire, I burn.

That is my opinion. I would rather have the perks and skills that procure a permanent improvement first. Brother in Arms, Situational Awareness, Reckon, camouflage, muffled shot, silent driving, to name a few.

 

And what are you doing the other 5 times when you get tracked or your engine, ammorack get hit?

But hey, atleast you die with 5m extra viewrange from reckon.:P


3. Marked Tanks: 85

 


Teffisk #23 Posted 05 May 2019 - 06:38 AM

    Captain

  • Players
  • 23895 battles
  • 1,745
  • [-L7-]
  • Member since:
    10-14-2015

View PostSirlceCream, on 05 May 2019 - 12:28 AM, said:

And what are you doing the other 5 times when you get tracked or your engine, ammorack get hit?

But hey, atleast you die with 5m extra viewrange from reckon.:P

I don't think he's going to be convinced. Wasting a repair kit every time you get tracked makes me skin crawl. You can just feel that next shell hitting your ammo rack.



ECT unCOUNTed #24 Posted 05 May 2019 - 10:39 AM

    Sergeant

  • Players
  • 29363 battles
  • 208
  • Member since:
    05-09-2015

On any brawling tank repairs is a must have in my opinion, on fast and stealthy tanks it could wait but eventually i'll train it.



Albapfalzd3 #25 Posted 06 May 2019 - 01:01 PM

    Major

  • Players
  • 22930 battles
  • 2,894
  • Member since:
    04-07-2017

Repairs is my second "Battle Skill" that I train after BiA and third over all (Mentor, BiA, Repairs) I train another skill and trade it for SS for the 4th skill. I have learned over the past few months that I can live without SS much more than BiA and Repairs. This is the same for pretty much all my crews. After SS if my crew is in a heavy or Medium, I then train another skill and swap it for TM. I rarely use a Repair kit for tracks because of this. I need that repair kit for the Ammo Racks that always happen.

 

Roy



panthermark #26 Posted 06 May 2019 - 03:37 PM

    Captain

  • Players
  • 13235 battles
  • 1,167
  • Member since:
    12-30-2016

View PostP6X330, on 04 May 2019 - 04:58 PM, said:

 

I don't know if I conveyed my message properly; what I am saying, is the Repair perk only works AFTER you have been damaged. Even if you have the Repairs skill, the Track Mechanic, and a Large Repair kit, getting moving again will require a few seconds.

If I get tracked in my tank, using my small repair kit will get me going again instantaneously. It sometimes is the difference between survival and destruction. The few seconds it takes for the perks to get the track fixed can be your doom.

In a similar fashion, I don't train fire fighting first, but Preventative Maintenance. I do not carry a fire extinguisher in my tanks with a small % chance of fire. If I catch fire, I burn.

That is my opinion. I would rather have the perks and skills that procure a permanent improvement first. Brother in Arms, Situational Awareness, Reckon, camouflage, muffled shot, silent driving, to name a few.

 

 

On my higher trained crews, I run a large repair and a small repair kit, and a large first aid kit. 

But I still have repairs and often track mechanic (and fire fighting) as well. 

 

If I can save a repair kit for an ammo rack, I will do it.  It just depends on the situation I'm in when I get tracked.  Single tank with a + 6 second reload?  Repairs and such will have me on my way to cover before the next shot comes. 


3 MOE's: VK 30.01D (VI), T-34 (V), M-24 Chaffee (V)

2 MOE's: Indien-Panzer (VIII), T-20 (VII), Cromwell B (VI), Snakebite (VI), T-37 (VI), M4 Sherman w/Derp (V), VK 16.02 Leopard (V)


P6X330 #27 Posted 17 June 2019 - 10:26 PM

    Major

  • Supertest - PS4
  • 16054 battles
  • 3,957
  • [AMXS]
  • Member since:
    07-02-2017

View PostSirlceCream, on 04 May 2019 - 06:28 PM, said:

And what are you doing the other 5 times when you get tracked or your engine, ammorack get hit?

But hey, atleast you die with 5m extra viewrange from reckon.:P

 

I seldom get tracked 5 times. If I get tracked more than once, it means I have put myself in a bad situation, and I shall be destroyed.

If I am in a tank ammunition rack failure prone, I get the "safe storage" perk.

If I am in a heavy tank, again, depending on what tank, I may teach the crew "track mechanic".


                Bad teams are in the same battle. Good teams work together! don't complain, contribute.

 


P6X330 #28 Posted 17 June 2019 - 10:29 PM

    Major

  • Supertest - PS4
  • 16054 battles
  • 3,957
  • [AMXS]
  • Member since:
    07-02-2017

View PostTeffisk, on 05 May 2019 - 12:38 AM, said:

I don't think he's going to be convinced. Wasting a repair kit every time you get tracked makes me skin crawl. You can just feel that next shell hitting your ammo rack.

 

I don't waste a repair kit each time I am tracked. It all depends on the situation. If I am track, but the enemy is unable to shoot at me because I am covered by the allies, then I wait until my tracks are fixed.

 

I will only use a repair kit if I have been tracked in a very unfavorable circumstances. They do arise, but it is not as bad as you think. As far as Ammorack, it is again depending on what tank I am using.


                Bad teams are in the same battle. Good teams work together! don't complain, contribute.

 


P6X330 #29 Posted 17 June 2019 - 10:34 PM

    Major

  • Supertest - PS4
  • 16054 battles
  • 3,957
  • [AMXS]
  • Member since:
    07-02-2017

I want to pick up the conversation where I left it.

 

I have noticed, that without "repairs", a repair kit does not work as fast as when you have it trained.

 

So I have to come back on my statement to not train Repairs early for my crews. I have started to play my AMX 50B seriously, and I completed the first five competencies as Mentor, BiA, 6S, Sita, Reckon, and I am now going with repairs.

Because when I fix my tracks with a small repair kit, the motion does not resume instantaneously as it does with tanks that have Repairs.

 

I am now saying that Repairs is important depending on tank.


                Bad teams are in the same battle. Good teams work together! don't complain, contribute.

 


rick007cmx1 #30 Posted 17 June 2019 - 10:53 PM

    Major

  • Players
  • 58152 battles
  • 2,554
  • Member since:
    02-14-2014

View PostSirlceCream, on 04 May 2019 - 06:28 PM, said:

And what are you doing the other 5 times when you get tracked or your engine, ammorack get hit?

But hey, atleast you die with 5m extra viewrange from reckon.:P

Depends on tank bruh. A light de-tracked on a ridge or in the open field while scouting will die before those fancy perks completes the repair. Scouts usually have more than one gun aimed at them.



BiggestHustle #31 Posted 18 June 2019 - 09:32 PM

    Corporal

  • Players
  • 21779 battles
  • 25
  • Member since:
    06-28-2014

View PostP6X330, on 17 June 2019 - 04:34 PM, said:

I want to pick up the conversation where I left it.

 

I have noticed, that without "repairs", a repair kit does not work as fast as when you have it trained.

 

So I have to come back on my statement to not train Repairs early for my crews. I have started to play my AMX 50B seriously, and I completed the first five competencies as Mentor, BiA, 6S, Sita, Reckon, and I am now going with repairs.

Because when I fix my tracks with a small repair kit, the motion does not resume instantaneously as it does with tanks that have Repairs.

 

I am now saying that Repairs is important depending on tank.

 

Flip flopper. I was on your side. You had me on the 4 most important skills thread when you talked about active vs reactive skills. That statement changed how I selected my skill set. I was already carrying and using repair kits so I didn't get a lot of value out of repairs especially top 4-5. There for a while I was running large repair kits with Track Mechanic and Repairs in my top 6.
I love my job- Jungle Recon

P6X330 #32 Posted 19 June 2019 - 07:29 PM

    Major

  • Supertest - PS4
  • 16054 battles
  • 3,957
  • [AMXS]
  • Member since:
    07-02-2017

View PostBiggestHustle, on 18 June 2019 - 03:32 PM, said:

 

Flip flopper. I was on your side. You had me on the 4 most important skills thread when you talked about active vs reactive skills. That statement changed how I selected my skill set. I was already carrying and using repair kits so I didn't get a lot of value out of repairs especially top 4-5. There for a while I was running large repair kits with Track Mechanic and Repairs in my top 6.

 

I would say that if you do something and you find a better way to do it, but persist in doing it the wrong way, then you are wrong. Like anything else in life, you learn all the time.

 

Now, read my statement, I said that Repair is tank dependent. I still don't train repair on some of my tanks.

 

On my lights, the track fixing with a small repair kit is instantaneous. Even without Repair. Same for the mediums. It seems that it is different for the heavies. As I don't normally play heavies such as the Mle 51, 50B.

 

In any case, you can experiment as well.


                Bad teams are in the same battle. Good teams work together! don't complain, contribute.

 


SirlceCream #33 Posted 19 June 2019 - 09:00 PM

    Staff sergeant

  • Players
  • 19421 battles
  • 481
  • [4LOST]
  • Member since:
    12-11-2016

Here some tips for your next couple of threads

~Why signal booster and relaying are a must have skills

~are vert stabs usefull or useless?

~the reason why everyone should play lights with wet ammo rack and cyclone filter

 


3. Marked Tanks: 85

 


P6X330 #34 Posted 19 June 2019 - 09:36 PM

    Major

  • Supertest - PS4
  • 16054 battles
  • 3,957
  • [AMXS]
  • Member since:
    07-02-2017

View PostSirlceCream, on 19 June 2019 - 03:00 PM, said:

~the reason why everyone should play lights with wet ammo rack and cyclone filter

 

 

Not sure why everyone should play lights with wet ammo rack or cyclone filter.

 

Cyclone filter is not available for all nations, and some tanks are more prone to get ammo racked, but not all.

 

What is your point?


                Bad teams are in the same battle. Good teams work together! don't complain, contribute.

 





1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users