Jump to content


Obj 252U or 50TP prototyp

gold obj 252u 5otp protyp

  • Please log in to reply
34 replies to this topic

HeckuvaMonkey47 #1 Posted 07 May 2019 - 10:00 PM

    Captain

  • Players
  • 31801 battles
  • 1,391
  • [GUYS]
  • Member since:
    07-27-2016

I have around 8k gold left and was wondering which tank to go for as I am not aware of the Polish heavy. Are they quite comparable? Which one should I buy?

 

Thanks!


Edited by HeckuvaMonkey47, 07 May 2019 - 10:12 PM.


Wroclaw #2 Posted 07 May 2019 - 10:12 PM

    Major

  • Players
  • 57070 battles
  • 4,662
  • Member since:
    08-28-2016

the defender has a garbage gun. not the alpha, but the accuracy. you will be amazed at how bad it can miss. 

 

the 50tp pr plays much the same, but the gun is way more reliable.

 

the Scourge is the only premium IS3 that i recommend.



suicidalblues #3 Posted 07 May 2019 - 10:15 PM

    Captain

  • Supertest - PS4
  • 42344 battles
  • 1,786
  • [WOFT]
  • Member since:
    03-02-2016
Tough choice. I have both and enjoy both. High alpha, long reload, Obj 252u arguably has better armor. But in game it's splitting hairs.

I'm sure someone will come along and throw out all the stats, but I'd put it down to which nation needs a premium more.

Side note, Evil Eyes look awesome on the 50TP proto.

And the pike nose sits extremely high on the Obj. 252u. Kind of negates the pikes effectiveness.

HeckuvaMonkey47 #4 Posted 07 May 2019 - 10:16 PM

    Captain

  • Players
  • 31801 battles
  • 1,391
  • [GUYS]
  • Member since:
    07-27-2016

View PostWroclaw, on 07 May 2019 - 10:12 PM, said:

the defender has a garbage gun. not the alpha, but the accuracy. you will be amazed at how bad it can miss. 

 

the 50tp pr plays much the same, but the gun is way more reliable.

 

the Scourge is the only premium IS3 that i recommend.

 

Hmm, never thought about the Scourge! 

HomicidalApple0 #5 Posted 07 May 2019 - 10:19 PM

    First lieutenant

  • Players
  • 2919 battles
  • 964
  • Member since:
    12-25-2018
The defender can really drive you nuts at times with how much that gun strays off path. The Proto is more fun to me honestly. Though looking into the scourge is a good call too

HeckuvaMonkey47 #6 Posted 07 May 2019 - 10:19 PM

    Captain

  • Players
  • 31801 battles
  • 1,391
  • [GUYS]
  • Member since:
    07-27-2016

View Postsuicidalblues, on 07 May 2019 - 10:15 PM, said:

Tough choice. I have both and enjoy both. High alpha, long reload, Obj 252u arguably has better armor. But in game it's splitting hairs.

I'm sure someone will come along and throw out all the stats, but I'd put it down to which nation needs a premium more.

Side note, Evil Eyes look awesome on the 50TP proto.

And the pike nose sits extremely high on the Obj. 252u. Kind of negates the pikes effectiveness.

 

Yeah, the pike nose placement is definitely an issue. I have penned it with my STA-2 quite a lto even though accuracy is not its strong suite. 

 

50TP does look good though. 

 

So, does the slightly quicker reload help 50TP despite having weaker armour than 252U?



Very Classy #7 Posted 07 May 2019 - 10:22 PM

    Major

  • Players
  • 32991 battles
  • 3,691
  • [JOCO]
  • Member since:
    04-24-2014

View PostHeckuvaMonkey47, on 07 May 2019 - 05:16 PM, said:

 

Hmm, never thought about the Scourge! 

 

Scourge is fantastic.

 

View PostWroclaw, on 07 May 2019 - 05:12 PM, said:

the defender has a garbage gun. not the alpha, but the accuracy. you will be amazed at how bad it can miss. 

 

the 50tp pr plays much the same, but the gun is way more reliable.

 

the Scourge is the only premium IS3 that i recommend.

 

I can't say anything about the 50TP proto, but the other two paragraphs I agree 100% with. Exactly my sentiments.



There is literally an Xbox 360 in a museum, and this is the best joke you can come up with?
                                                                                         -- allhavoc


FusionStar287 #8 Posted 07 May 2019 - 10:26 PM

    Major

  • WoTC Ambassador
  • 20400 battles
  • 16,426
  • [JOCO]
  • Member since:
    08-13-2013

I'd say the Object 252U is easily the better tank. Sure, it's gun might troll you more at range, but at the same time it's such an amazing brawler that you don't need to be at range. It has great armor (with no weak points except for a coupe small cupolas), decent enough mobility, and a very similar gun to the 50TP Proto, and while the Proto has better gun depression and better upper plate armor it also has a bunch of weak points (some of which are very obvious) and has a much weaker lower plate.

 

Of course, considering that I've had a 1v8, 12 kill victory in the 252u I might be just a bit biased, but even so I do strongly feel that the Defender is better against inexperienced players and experienced players alike.


"My dear brothers, take note of this: Men should be quick to listen, slow to speak, and slow to become angry, for man's anger does not bring about the righteous life that God desires." ~ James 1: 19-20

 

"wefWEGFRF" - RaiBOT01, 2017


HeckuvaMonkey47 #9 Posted 07 May 2019 - 10:29 PM

    Captain

  • Players
  • 31801 battles
  • 1,391
  • [GUYS]
  • Member since:
    07-27-2016

View PostFusionStar287, on 07 May 2019 - 10:26 PM, said:

I'd say the Object 252U is easily the better tank. Sure, it's gun might troll you more at range, but at the same time it's such an amazing brawler that you don't need to be at range. It has great armor (with no weak points except for a coupe small cupolas), decent enough mobility, and a very similar gun to the 50TP Proto, and while the Proto has better gun depression and better upper plate armor it also has a bunch of weak points (some of which are very obvious) and has a much weaker lower plate.

 

Of course, considering that I've had a 1v8, 12 kill victory in the 252u I might be just a bit biased, but even so I do strongly feel that the Defender is better against inexperienced players and experienced players alike.

 

1v8, 12 kill victory! Whoa, that's intense. 

Joco3000 #10 Posted 07 May 2019 - 10:36 PM

    Major

  • Players
  • 26596 battles
  • 28,190
  • [JOCO]
  • Member since:
    08-22-2013

If I can throw a tangent into the works, the best heavy for under 8k at the moment would be, in my honest opinion, the Captured King Tiger.

 

Great armour and a fantastic gun, coupled to mobility that is more than adequate.

 

I dislike the Object 252U, and the 50TP has much the same faults. Armour and mobility is there, but the weakspots are exploitable and the gun is almost non-functionable.


You can PM with with questions, if you wish. I don't bite.

Compilation thread of my ideas


Tempest fox3 #11 Posted 07 May 2019 - 10:36 PM

    Major

  • Beta Tester
  • 21023 battles
  • 18,379
  • [JOCO]
  • Member since:
    08-22-2013

View PostHeckuvaMonkey47, on 07 May 2019 - 10:16 PM, said:

 

Hmm, never thought about the Scourge! 

 

I'll add my recommendation to the list for the scourge. 

 

It doesn't have a pikenose like other Russian heavies so you can angle the hull much like you would in a German heavy, it retains the IS3's troll side Armour still making it one of the best side scrapers in the game. 

 

It's the most mobile of the tier 8 Russian heavies with good acceleration, top speed of 45kmph and good agility. It also has some of the best gun handling for a Russian 122mm. The standard ammo is APCR like the fatherland with 220ish standard pen and 1400m/s shell velocity making it great for hitting moving targets. The aim time and accuracy are decent compared to other 122s at the tier.

 

The turret Armour (while a bit weaker frontally than the IS3) is perfectly capable of bouncing pretty much everything that gets flung at you. The usual overmatch spot of an IS3 is also gone. 

 

In my opinion, although it takes more skill to play than a defender/252u I would say the scourge is a better tank overall. 


War is a Democracy and the enemy always gets a vote.

3 MoE's: E-25, M41 Walker Bulldog, E-50, Snakebite, E-75, T32, Tiger 131, Skoda T25 - In order obtained

 

Spoiler

FusionStar287 #12 Posted 07 May 2019 - 10:37 PM

    Major

  • WoTC Ambassador
  • 20400 battles
  • 16,426
  • [JOCO]
  • Member since:
    08-13-2013

View PostHeckuvaMonkey47, on 07 May 2019 - 05:29 PM, said:

 

1v8, 12 kill victory! Whoa, that's intense. 

It was a great game (possibly the best I've played to date), and fortunately I was able to record most of it from my view as well. If you're curious or want to watch it I made an old thread about it here: http://forum-console.worldoftanks.com/index.php?/topic/221609-the-best-match-ive-ever-played/


"My dear brothers, take note of this: Men should be quick to listen, slow to speak, and slow to become angry, for man's anger does not bring about the righteous life that God desires." ~ James 1: 19-20

 

"wefWEGFRF" - RaiBOT01, 2017


HeckuvaMonkey47 #13 Posted 07 May 2019 - 10:39 PM

    Captain

  • Players
  • 31801 battles
  • 1,391
  • [GUYS]
  • Member since:
    07-27-2016

View PostJoco3000, on 07 May 2019 - 10:36 PM, said:

If I can throw a tangent into the works, the best heavy for under 8k at the moment would be, in my honest opinion, the Captured King Tiger.

 

Great armour and a fantastic gun, coupled to mobility that is more than adequate.

 

I dislike the Object 252U, and the 50TP has much the same faults. Armour and mobility is there, but the weakspots are exploitable and the gun is almost non-functionable.

 

Its a tangent for sure! Isn't it the other variant of King Tiger (KT)? 88mm one right? Is the armour profile similar to KT?

HeckuvaMonkey47 #14 Posted 07 May 2019 - 10:40 PM

    Captain

  • Players
  • 31801 battles
  • 1,391
  • [GUYS]
  • Member since:
    07-27-2016

View PostFusionStar287, on 07 May 2019 - 10:37 PM, said:

It was a great game (possibly the best I've played to date), and fortunately I was able to record most of it from my view as well. If you're curious or want to watch it I made an old thread about it here: http://forum-console.worldoftanks.com/index.php?/topic/221609-the-best-match-ive-ever-played/

 

Was going to ask you about it, but thought that chances are it wouldn't be there unless one has a dedicated YT channel of sorts. Thanks, I am gonna check it out!

Joco3000 #15 Posted 07 May 2019 - 10:41 PM

    Major

  • Players
  • 26596 battles
  • 28,190
  • [JOCO]
  • Member since:
    08-22-2013

View PostHeckuvaMonkey47, on 07 May 2019 - 10:39 PM, said:

 

Its a tangent for sure! Isn't it the other variant of King Tiger (KT)? 88mm one right? Is the armour profile similar to KT?

 

It is the 88mm one, yes. Except it's a buffed 88mm with a silly fire rate.

Armour is identical to the tech tree tank.


You can PM with with questions, if you wish. I don't bite.

Compilation thread of my ideas


HeckuvaMonkey47 #16 Posted 07 May 2019 - 10:54 PM

    Captain

  • Players
  • 31801 battles
  • 1,391
  • [GUYS]
  • Member since:
    07-27-2016

View PostJoco3000, on 07 May 2019 - 10:41 PM, said:

 

It is the 88mm one, yes. Except it's a buffed 88mm with a silly fire rate.

Armour is identical to the tech tree tank.

 

The 88mm gun makes it interesting. Because KT is not really useful or novel than its TT counterpart or Lowe. 

HeckuvaMonkey47 #17 Posted 07 May 2019 - 10:59 PM

    Captain

  • Players
  • 31801 battles
  • 1,391
  • [GUYS]
  • Member since:
    07-27-2016

View PostFusionStar287, on 07 May 2019 - 10:37 PM, said:

It was a great game (possibly the best I've played to date), and fortunately I was able to record most of it from my view as well. If you're curious or want to watch it I made an old thread about it here: http://forum-console.worldoftanks.com/index.php?/topic/221609-the-best-match-ive-ever-played/

 

Well, that's a great game especially the 1vs 3 at end.  GG! Though seeing the shots, I wonder whether it is blessed by RNGesus similar to the T-100-LT? :trollface:

FusionStar287 #18 Posted 07 May 2019 - 11:04 PM

    Major

  • WoTC Ambassador
  • 20400 battles
  • 16,426
  • [JOCO]
  • Member since:
    08-13-2013

View PostHeckuvaMonkey47, on 07 May 2019 - 05:59 PM, said:

 

Well, that's a great game especially the 1vs 3 at end.  GG! Though seeing the shots, I wonder whether it is blessed by RNGesus similar to the T-100-LT? :trollface:

Thanks! And to be fair I find that game is a great demonstration of how the gun normally performs. On one hand there were fully aimed or mostly aimed shots that were missing and bouncing off of open targets, but on the other hand I hit that last FV304 while moving from about 200m away with an RB RT. Either way it was the tank's great armor and high alpha that made that game possible, and honestly I don't think there's any other tier VIII tank in which I would have pulled off a win in that match (not even the legendary Scourge :P ).


"My dear brothers, take note of this: Men should be quick to listen, slow to speak, and slow to become angry, for man's anger does not bring about the righteous life that God desires." ~ James 1: 19-20

 

"wefWEGFRF" - RaiBOT01, 2017


XERXEZS #19 Posted 07 May 2019 - 11:12 PM

    Major

  • Players
  • 25886 battles
  • 2,337
  • Member since:
    02-13-2014

View PostHeckuvaMonkey47, on 07 May 2019 - 02:00 PM, said:

I have around 8k gold left and was wondering which tank to go for as I am not aware of the Polish heavy. Are they quite comparable? Which one should I buy?

 

Thanks!

You probably be better off with the object 252u just because you will have access to all the Soviet crews that you own,  you probably have no polish crews at all.

 



HeckuvaMonkey47 #20 Posted 07 May 2019 - 11:24 PM

    Captain

  • Players
  • 31801 battles
  • 1,391
  • [GUYS]
  • Member since:
    07-27-2016

View PostXERXEZS, on 07 May 2019 - 11:12 PM, said:

You probably be better off with the object 252u just because you will have access to all the Soviet crews that you own,  you probably have no polish crews at all.

 

 

Quite true! Just one in Pudel with 1 skill.




1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users