• Please log in to reply
72 replies to this topic

SauerKrapp #1 Posted 09 May 2019 - 11:34 AM

Major

• Players
  • 33772 battles
  • [47R]

Why is this not a thing????

Have you ever been ready to outfit your brand new tank with Vert Stabs, Gun Rammer and Vents along with the correct Ammo and Repair Kits and customized with camo and flags only to hit the "A" button by accident before doing so?

Have you ever been in a platoon and just as you're hitting the "A" button to start a battle your platoonmate says "Oh, I need to check my OPS tab"...... Too late!!!

Have you ever had an urgent nature call, set your controller down, run to the bathroom, dropped your trousers only to hear "LETS MOVE OUT!!!!"? And the voice didn't come from the toilet bowl!!!!

Spoiler

And it never fails that if you do accidentally hit the "A" button you get launched into a battle IMMEDIATELY!!! Unlike the past 10 battles that you had to wait in queue......:facepalm:

Well, I have and it sucks! Why don't we have a 2 to 3 second press and hold "A" to join the battle feature? Are we in that much of a hurry to join the battle? Are we losing that much XP because we can't start the match "NOW!!!"?

Your thoughts?

Signature by METALHELLIONx84

Fishfood50 #2 Posted 09 May 2019 - 11:38 AM

Captain

• Players
  • 702 battles
No thanks, it's fine as it is. You can leave the queue if you need to and what your talking about happens so seldom that having to hold "A" or for me "X" would just be a pain.

redshadowrider #3 Posted 09 May 2019 - 11:40 AM

Major

• Players
  • 35303 battles
If I could time my interruptions then I would agree.  However, mine aren't at the same time you are having yours.  My interruptions are random.  Now, if you could pause a live game then you got something.   "Hang on tankers, the E75 player has to answer the door."  :trollface:
I'm just saying.....

M4ntiX #4 Posted 09 May 2019 - 11:40 AM

Major

• Players
  • 25942 battles
No thanks. There are enough hurdles in the game already. The quicker I can get into battle the better. If you accidentally press A it's on you. You can back out to garage if you're quick enough most of the time anyways.

"Jesus you smegheads are whiny about your Epeens."

Rubbelito #5 Posted 09 May 2019 - 11:49 AM

Major

• WoTC Online Contributor
  • 22506 battles
  • [TNT]

I tend to agree with the "No"s here,  but I'd like to add that we shouldn't have to confirm backing  out of the queue. It's stupid.

Joco3000 #6 Posted 09 May 2019 - 11:54 AM

Major

• Supertest - Xbox One
  • 26481 battles
  • [JOCO]
This seems like a "you" problem.

I want to get into the game as quickly as possible. Holding down the button to join is an inconvenience that I do not wish to partake in.

You can PM with with questions, if you wish. I don't bite.

Compilation thread of my ideas

Sadriel Fett #7 Posted 09 May 2019 - 12:12 PM

Major

• Supertest - Xbox One
  • 25710 battles
  • [JOCO]

+1

I feel your pain, dude.  This was one of the first games I played that didn't have you hit the "start" button to enter a matchmaking queue.  That "A" button has always traditionally be for selecting, but the "Start" button normally puts you into a match queue.  It used to drive me freaking nuts.  I still do it accidentally sometimes, when all I want to do is change something on the tank.  Of course, par for the course, as soon as you hit it, it's like the game knows it was an accident and immediately puts you into a match so you don't have time to back out of the queue.  

"There's no such thing as "Arty Safe."  You have to play "Arty Aware."  You have to play "SmArty."

SauerKrapp #8 Posted 09 May 2019 - 12:19 PM

Major

• Players
  • 33772 battles
  • [47R]

Interesting take from you on the "No" side. I looked at the time like this - If you made it a 2 second hold and you played 30 battles in a day you'd lose 1 minute.....That's not an eternity, it's a minute. Also I do realize it's not an occurrence that happens all the time but it seems to occur at the most inconvenient time and as noted when you do accidentally hit the start button you're launched into battle immediately and you don't get the opportunity to back out.

Rube, I agree the confirmation to leave a queue is silly.

Ronin Gaidin #9 Posted 09 May 2019 - 01:06 PM

Major

• Beta Tester
  • 33413 battles

I have had accidental or poorly timed launches be an issue on more than one occasion. The really funny part is that when you don't want to launch the Match Maker will find you a game instantly so you have no chance to back out. I also agree that the Back to Garage thing should not need a confirmation. 

Many other multiplayer games I have seen have a short countdown to entering matchmaking, often 5 seconds. I would not be against adding that. No extra button pushing involved there, just wait a few seconds. 

View PostSauerKrapp, on 09 May 2019 - 07:34 AM, said:

Have you ever had an urgent nature call, set your controller down, run to the bathroom, dropped your trousers only to hear "LETS MOVE OUT!!!!"? And the voice didn't come from the toilet bowl!!!!

The day I hear any voice coming out of my toilet bowl saying anything for any reason is the day I start shopping for a new house. And I would probably stay at a hotel until I found a new place. Might even abandon everything I own and start fresh - can't risk bringing whatever that was to the new place. 

Cobravert #10 Posted 09 May 2019 - 01:15 PM

Major

• Players
  • 27062 battles
  • [WPLAC]

Have I accidentally started a game when I really didn't mean to before?

Sure.

Do I think they need to revise the system because I made a mistake a couple times?

no

Sorry Dude. I'd rather them do something to fix match making than fix a non-game deteriorating happenstance. 

FinlandRed #11 Posted 09 May 2019 - 03:06 PM

Captain

• Players
  • 20614 battles
When in doubt put it in WS or Proving Grounds before stepping away from the controller. I find this useful when Little Red's fingers are curious and I'm in the bathroom. Learnt my lesson after he queued up my Tiger then switch the xbox off. :arta:

DrHorrible4Life #12 Posted 09 May 2019 - 03:13 PM

Major

• Beta Tester
  • 11483 battles
I stopped playing State of Decay 2 after 3 hours.  The reason?  Having to hold buttons.  Sounds petty, because it is.  But I'm ok with that, because after the 20th time I've had to hold the button, that is a full minute of my precious, finite life wasted on the equivalent of repeatedly being asked "are you sure?".

TennisMan56 #13 Posted 09 May 2019 - 03:24 PM

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 27869 battles
  • [STDZ]

View PostDrHorrible4Life, on 09 May 2019 - 03:13 PM, said:

I stopped playing State of Decay 2 after 3 hours.  The reason?  Having to hold buttons.  Sounds petty, because it is.  But I'm ok with that, because after the 20th time I've had to hold the button, that is a full minute of my precious, finite life wasted on the equivalent of repeatedly being asked "are you sure?".

Must be the way new programming goes. My new software at work try to print a label, are your sure?, how many?, are you sure?, sticky label or hard?, are you sure?, finally get to the hit enter to print labels and then it  asks are you sure? At this time then I ask myself " am I sure I want to print these labels".:facepalm:

JelliedPenny08 #14 Posted 09 May 2019 - 03:24 PM

Major

• Players
  • 14655 battles

But how do you know how a tank truly feels unless you accidentally test drive it in MP with a raw crew, half HE loadout and no equipment? 

I've always thought that it was WGs way of making stock grinds more palatable - because it's never going to be worse than that. I don't feel the need for a change though and it's nice to know MM can be super speedy when it wants to laugh at your expense... 

:)

SauerKrapp #15 Posted 09 May 2019 - 03:26 PM

Major

• Players
  • 33772 battles
  • [47R]

View PostCobravert, on 09 May 2019 - 09:15 AM, said:

I'd rather them do something to fix match making than fix a non-game deteriorating happenstance. 

I agree there are much more important things to fix but one would think this would be an easy change, but what do I know! LOL

Brute Bassie #16 Posted 09 May 2019 - 03:48 PM

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 23291 battles

View PostRonin Gaidin, on 09 May 2019 - 03:06 PM, said:

The day I hear any voice coming out of my toilet bowl saying anything for any reason is the day I start shopping for a new house. And I would probably stay at a hotel until I found a new place. Might even abandon everything I own and start fresh - can't risk bringing whatever that was to the new place. 

Thanks, that made my day! I Lolled!

DwarfOnDrugs #17 Posted 09 May 2019 - 04:40 PM

Major

• Players
  • 29875 battles
  • [-UNL-]
no thanks, i don’t need the game slowed down anymore for old people with potato reactions. Thanks

killer etzi0 #18 Posted 10 May 2019 - 12:41 PM

Major

• Players
  • 56684 battles
  • [47R]

View PostJelliedPenny08, on 09 May 2019 - 09:24 AM, said:

But how do you know how a tank truly feels unless you accidentally test drive it in MP with a raw crew, half HE loadout and no equipment? 

I've always thought that it was WGs way of making stock grinds more palatable - because it's never going to be worse than that. I don't feel the need for a change though and it's nice to know MM can be super speedy when it wants to laugh at your expense... 

:)

Strangely enough, I've had several battles where I accidentally launch into a game with no equipment, no premium spam, no camo, no supplies.. and ended up doing very very well.

View PostDwarfOnDrugs, on 09 May 2019 - 10:40 AM, said:

no thanks, i don’t need the game slowed down anymore for old people with potato reactions. Thanks

Yea, I don't know how many times I've sat in cue for 40-50 seconds 1 minute plus, even to the point of backing out to the garage and re-launching. But every time, and I mean every time I've accidentally launch a tank that was in no way shape or form read to roll, I instantly get launched into a game.  Having to hold the launch button down for a couple of seconds will not have any noticeable impact to how quick one gets into a match. 

Edited by killer etzi0, 10 May 2019 - 12:42 PM.

"When you can't make them see the light, make them feel the heat."

Ronald Reagan

Salty_Tanker #19 Posted 10 May 2019 - 01:15 PM

Major

• WoTC Ambassador
  • 18542 battles
 You know what would be fun :)  Random mode !   The player selects a ? mark in the garage and the game will choose one of your tanks for you . The player will receive better rewards as an incentive.  Tanks without a commander will get a temporary 50% crew . 

“ Never trust a forum member that uses an Anime profile pic .”      - SaltyMcD 

Cobravert #20 Posted 10 May 2019 - 01:24 PM

Major

• Players
  • 27062 battles
  • [WPLAC]

View PostSaltyMcD, on 10 May 2019 - 08:15 AM, said:

You know what would be fun :)  Random mode !   The player selects a ? mark in the garage and the game will choose one of your tanks for you . The player will receive better rewards as an incentive.  Tanks without a commander will get a temporary 50% crew . 

So just basically let RNG decide yet another thing for us?

MM does too much of that already.

No Thanks.

5 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 5 guests, 0 anonymous users