Jump to content


Press And Hold "A" To Join Battle

New Feature Press A Join

  • Please log in to reply
72 replies to this topic

Joco3000 #21 Posted 10 May 2019 - 04:09 PM

    Major

  • Players
  • 26499 battles
  • 28,002
  • [JOCO]
  • Member since:
    08-22-2013

View Postkiller etzi0, on 10 May 2019 - 12:41 PM, said:

 

Strangely enough, I've had several battles where I accidentally launch into a game with no equipment, no premium spam, no camo, no supplies.. and ended up doing very very well.

 

Yea, I don't know how many times I've sat in cue for 40-50 seconds 1 minute plus, even to the point of backing out to the garage and re-launching. But every time, and I mean every time I've accidentally launch a tank that was in no way shape or form read to roll, I instantly get launched into a game.  Having to hold the launch button down for a couple of seconds will not have any noticeable impact to how quick one gets into a match. 

 

 

Being forced to hold down the button to join the matchmaking would make the game very user unfriendly.

It's not a huge length of time, true, but it's an additional command to get into a game. It would be no different from having a second button press to confirm if you do want to start matchmaking.

There's also the small detail that hold button commands in the menus do not work all of the time, like if you were to start the button holddown too early. This happens pretty much every time I go to sell a tank, so for this to happen whenever I wish to actually play might be the final ticket I need to enter Crazytown.

 

Just be more aware of the states of your tanks and operations.


You can PM with with questions, if you wish. I don't bite.

Compilation thread of my ideas


HeckuvaMonkey47 #22 Posted 11 May 2019 - 12:01 PM

    Captain

  • Players
  • 31801 battles
  • 1,391
  • [GUYS]
  • Member since:
    07-27-2016

View PostRubbelito, on 09 May 2019 - 11:49 AM, said:

We shouldn't have to confirm backing out of the queue. It's stupid.

 

Now, this I agree with! The whole confirming rigamarole is just a waste of time. 



redshadowrider #23 Posted 11 May 2019 - 12:03 PM

    Major

  • Players
  • 37092 battles
  • 8,154
  • Member since:
    03-17-2014
It used to be a goal of software designers to provide functionality and at the same time reduce the number of clicks.  I am afraid that has gone the same direction as producing bug free software.  The crap that is released today is full of bugs, and has little regard for the end user.
I'm just saying.....

Warsteiner 1 #24 Posted 11 May 2019 - 12:18 PM

    Captain

  • Beta Tester
  • 39160 battles
  • 1,732
  • [C-X-L]
  • Member since:
    07-03-2013

From the Xbox home launch till we pick the tank and enter battle , we have to hit A 7-8 times.

thats enough button pushing thank you.


 

 


moosehaT o #25 Posted 11 May 2019 - 12:57 PM

    Captain

  • Players
  • 27185 battles
  • 1,309
  • Member since:
    02-13-2014

It is frustrating when you enter accidentally. Happens now and again. 

 

i did have a safe guard when playing solo ages ago, which was to  platoon up by myself so that i had to press "A" twice.

 

But they removed it now so it doesn't work. :sceptic:


"For a pessimist, i'm pretty optimistic"


killer etzi0 #26 Posted 11 May 2019 - 01:45 PM

    Major

  • Players
  • 58461 battles
  • 18,562
  • [47R]
  • Member since:
    06-20-2014

View PostJoco3000, on 10 May 2019 - 10:09 AM, said:

Being forced to hold down the button to join the matchmaking would make the game very user unfriendly.

It's not a huge length of time, true, but it's an additional command to get into a game. It would be no different from having a second button press to confirm if you do want to start matchmaking.

There's also the small detail that hold button commands in the menus do not work all of the time, like if you were to start the button holddown too early. This happens pretty much every time I go to sell a tank, so for this to happen whenever I wish to actually play might be the final ticket I need to enter Crazytown.

 

Just be more aware of the states of your tanks and operations.

 

Common now, if you've reached the point of being so dissatisfied with the game that having to hold the launch button down for a extra second or two would be the "final ticket" it's probably time to go a head and move on.....

"When you can't make them see the light, make them feel the heat."

 

Ronald Reagan
 

 


ABAOUIA #27 Posted 11 May 2019 - 03:34 PM

    Major

  • Players
  • 46471 battles
  • 5,641
  • [ASYLM]
  • Member since:
    03-09-2015
Op i respect you but NO on the extra waiting time to enter the battle.

For buying equipment a extra button might be ok.

But Game on is Game on !


DrHorrible4Life #28 Posted 11 May 2019 - 03:49 PM

    Major

  • Beta Tester
  • 12499 battles
  • 4,686
  • Member since:
    07-12-2013

View Postkiller etzi0, on 11 May 2019 - 01:45 PM, said:

 

Common now, if you've reached the point of being so dissatisfied with the game that having to hold the launch button down for a extra second or two would be the "final ticket" it's probably time to go a head and move on.....

 

56005 x2 = 112010

 

That's how many seconds would have been wasted from just your career.  So I think the idea that it's not a big deal can be described in just 1 word.  Wrong.



caglassc #29 Posted 11 May 2019 - 04:05 PM

    First lieutenant

  • Players
  • 48252 battles
  • 828
  • [-TCB-]
  • Member since:
    05-02-2015
How about an option to turn off selected boosts / ops during the pre game countdown timer?  

De opresso liber

 


Perfecshionist #30 Posted 11 May 2019 - 04:36 PM

    Staff sergeant

  • Players
  • 13278 battles
  • 269
  • Member since:
    03-28-2017

This is a terrible idea. I will be left out of fames for not paying attention or grabbing a drink etc.

 

It should just replace AFK players with bots and players who are AFK get zero reward regardless of how well the bot does.



VKSheridan #31 Posted 11 May 2019 - 05:41 PM

    Major

  • Players
  • 23283 battles
  • 3,455
  • Member since:
    01-31-2016

View PostSauerKrapp, on 09 May 2019 - 05:34 AM, said:

Why is this not a thing????

 

Have you ever been ready to outfit your brand new tank with Vert Stabs, Gun Rammer and Vents along with the correct Ammo and Repair Kits and customized with camo and flags only to hit the "A" button by accident before doing so?

 

Have you ever been in a platoon and just as you're hitting the "A" button to start a battle your platoonmate says "Oh, I need to check my OPS tab"...... Too late!!!

 

Have you ever had an urgent nature call, set your controller down, run to the bathroom, dropped your trousers only to hear "LETS MOVE OUT!!!!"? And the voice didn't come from the toilet bowl!!!!

 

Spoiler

 

And it never fails that if you do accidentally hit the "A" button you get launched into a battle IMMEDIATELY!!! Unlike the past 10 battles that you had to wait in queue......:facepalm:

 

Well, I have and it sucks! Why don't we have a 2 to 3 second press and hold "A" to join the battle feature? Are we in that much of a hurry to join the battle? Are we losing that much XP because we can't start the match "NOW!!!"?

 

Your thoughts?

 

Think it through mate....

 

You hold the A button and right when you enter the game, you notice your tank ain’t rigged.  You hold the A button and right when you enter the game, your buddy wants to check his Ops.  You hold the A button and right when you enter the game, nature calls.  Everything you listed will still happen, just three seconds later amigo.

 



RawleyF #32 Posted 12 May 2019 - 06:48 PM

    Corporal

  • Players
  • 8186 battles
  • 42
  • Member since:
    07-05-2013

Agree with OP.  I am a solo player who speeds through x2s often forgets to do things like turn off x10 crew boosters (last night).  Often, I try to back out, but the game launches, nevertheless. 

 

Not a huge deal, like the FRIGGIN REPAIR WHEEL THAT NEEDS FIXED, but I'd prefer the same mechanic as selling a vehicle or skipping intro in War Stories.  



Reaper0fGamez #33 Posted 12 May 2019 - 08:09 PM

    Staff sergeant

  • Players
  • 15886 battles
  • 412
  • [GUN-R]
  • Member since:
    08-22-2016
thats actually a very good idea

3 MOE: Pz. IV  H, Tiger (P), VK 100.01 (P), Rhm.-Borsig, WT auf Pz. IV, Challenger, M26 Pershing, Type 59, T-44, M4A1 Revalorisé,

ST-I, AMX ELC bis, Boilermaker, O-I EXP, AMX 50 100, Type 61, E 75, T-54, Crusader, WZ-132, IS-3, E 50, 110, T29, T-10, Object 416

 


killer etzi0 #34 Posted 13 May 2019 - 02:18 PM

    Major

  • Players
  • 58461 battles
  • 18,562
  • [47R]
  • Member since:
    06-20-2014

View PostDrHorrible4Life, on 11 May 2019 - 09:49 AM, said:

 

56005 x2 = 112010

 

That's how many seconds would have been wasted from just your career.  So I think the idea that it's not a big deal can be described in just 1 word.  Wrong.

 

you have too much time on your hands.  But, I will play along, doing the math and measured by the almost 5 years I've been playing, it comes out to about 1 minute per day. So what..... 

 

I would gladly trade 1 minute a day to avoid the accidental launching of a tank that was not fully prepped and ready for battle. 


Edited by killer etzi0, 13 May 2019 - 02:32 PM.

"When you can't make them see the light, make them feel the heat."

 

Ronald Reagan
 

 


scwirpeo #35 Posted 13 May 2019 - 02:33 PM

    Major

  • Players
  • 40601 battles
  • 11,050
  • [CRY]
  • Member since:
    02-14-2014
I would just like to be in a solo platoon again so I can get that confirmation A.

MOEs so I can pretend like they matter

Spoiler

 


killer etzi0 #36 Posted 13 May 2019 - 03:20 PM

    Major

  • Players
  • 58461 battles
  • 18,562
  • [47R]
  • Member since:
    06-20-2014

View Postscwirpeo, on 13 May 2019 - 08:33 AM, said:

I would just like to be in a solo platoon again so I can get that confirmation A.

 

That works too.

"When you can't make them see the light, make them feel the heat."

 

Ronald Reagan
 

 


DrHorrible4Life #37 Posted 13 May 2019 - 03:26 PM

    Major

  • Beta Tester
  • 12499 battles
  • 4,686
  • Member since:
    07-12-2013

View Postkiller etzi0, on 13 May 2019 - 02:18 PM, said:

 

you have too much time on your hands.  But, I will play along, doing the math and measured by the almost 5 years I've been playing, it comes out to about 1 minute per day. So what..... 

 

I would gladly trade 1 minute a day to avoid the accidental launching of a tank that was not fully prepped and ready for battle. 

 

Judging by the 56,000+ battles, I'm not the only one with alot of free time.  I'd gladly vote NO to wasting a single second of my life so that unprepared people can STILL launch games in the state you described.  

 

Because if FIVE YEARS didn't teach you, the extra 2 seconds per match isn't going to help.



killer etzi0 #38 Posted 13 May 2019 - 03:29 PM

    Major

  • Players
  • 58461 battles
  • 18,562
  • [47R]
  • Member since:
    06-20-2014

View PostDrHorrible4Life, on 13 May 2019 - 09:26 AM, said:

 

Judging by the 56,000+ battles, I'm not the only one with alot of free time.  I'd gladly vote NO to wasting a single second of my life so that unprepared people can STILL launch games in the state you described.  

 

Because if FIVE YEARS didn't teach you, the extra 2 seconds per match isn't going to help.

 

Thanks for the troll reply. 

 

On a side note, your thought process doesn't take into account, at all, the amount of time one can sit in cue, some times over a minute per battle.. so, in total, the extra minute a day I have to invest is a drop in the bucket compared to the over all total added up in cue time. 

 

Have a nice day. 


"When you can't make them see the light, make them feel the heat."

 

Ronald Reagan
 

 


TocFanKe4 #39 Posted 13 May 2019 - 03:33 PM

    Major

  • Players
  • 20912 battles
  • 24,179
  • [GIRLS]
  • Member since:
    03-16-2014
I agree with OP. It'd be cool to have a "are you sure?". Backing out of the queue doesn't always work.  Is one extra button press really going to slow people down that much?

 

The E25 was built for Shenanigans


TocFanKe4 #40 Posted 13 May 2019 - 03:35 PM

    Major

  • Players
  • 20912 battles
  • 24,179
  • [GIRLS]
  • Member since:
    03-16-2014

View PostRubbelito, on 09 May 2019 - 06:49 AM, said:

I tend to agree with the "No"s here,  but I'd like to add that we shouldn't have to confirm backing  out of the queue. It's stupid.

 

 

They should switch it. Maybe not a long press, but a second press. Confirm joining queue, but instant backing out.


 

The E25 was built for Shenanigans





3 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 3 guests, 0 anonymous users