Jump to content


Press And Hold "A" To Join Battle

New Feature Press A Join

  • Please log in to reply
72 replies to this topic

GEToff MyLawn52 #41 Posted 13 May 2019 - 04:26 PM

    First lieutenant

  • Players
  • 25061 battles
  • 691
  • Member since:
    06-04-2014

View PostDwarfOnDrugs, on 09 May 2019 - 10:40 AM, said:

no thanks, i don’t need the game slowed down anymore for old people with potato reactions. Thanks

View Postkiller etzi0, on 10 May 2019 - 06:41 AM, said:

 

Strangely enough, I've had several battles where I accidentally launch into a game with no equipment, no premium spam, no camo, no supplies.. and ended up doing very very well.

 

Yea, I don't know how many times I've sat in cue for 40-50 seconds 1 minute plus, even to the point of backing out to the garage and re-launching. But every time, and I mean every time I've accidentally launch a tank that was in no way shape or form read to roll, I instantly get launched into a game.  Having to hold the launch button down for a couple of seconds will not have any noticeable impact to how quick one gets into a match. 

 

 

 

 

I'm with DwarfOnDrugs with this one so my vote is obviously no.

 

It sounds like you want WG to help you save yourself from yourself because of your lack of planning or awareness. Sounds like a YOU problem.

 

 

 



killer etzi0 #42 Posted 13 May 2019 - 06:25 PM

    Major

  • Players
  • 56810 battles
  • 18,027
  • [47R]
  • Member since:
    06-20-2014

View PostGEToff MyLawn52, on 13 May 2019 - 10:26 AM, said:

 

I'm with DwarfOnDrugs with this one so my vote is obviously no.

 

It sounds like you want WG to help you save yourself from yourself because of your lack of planning or awareness. Sounds like a YOU problem.

 

 

 

 

Thanks for another troll reply. 

"When you can't make them see the light, make them feel the heat."

 

Ronald Reagan
 

 


DrHorrible4Life #43 Posted 14 May 2019 - 12:50 AM

    Major

  • Beta Tester
  • 11483 battles
  • 4,317
  • Member since:
    07-12-2013

View Postkiller etzi0, on 13 May 2019 - 06:25 PM, said:

 

Thanks for another troll reply. 

 

Just take the personal responsibility to make yourself wait longer.  Nobody else thinks the game should be changed for the worse simply to TRY to stop obviously stupid people from making the same obviously stupid mistake over and over.

 

You're asking for electric outlets to be changed so that you can stopped getting electrocuted, when really you should just stop jamming a fork in there.

 



killer etzi0 #44 Posted 14 May 2019 - 12:54 AM

    Major

  • Players
  • 56810 battles
  • 18,027
  • [47R]
  • Member since:
    06-20-2014

View PostDrHorrible4Life, on 13 May 2019 - 06:50 PM, said:

 

Just take the personal responsibility to make yourself wait longer.  Nobody else thinks the game should be changed for the worse simply to TRY to stop obviously stupid people from making the same obviously stupid mistake over and over.

 

You're asking for electric outlets to be changed so that you can stopped getting electrocuted, when really you should just stop jamming a fork in there.

 

See, there you go again, trolling. Posting ideas and differing opinions is all good,  Name calling the people you don't agree with is just showing a weak view/argument. 

 

Nice try though. 


Edited by killer etzi0, 14 May 2019 - 12:55 AM.

"When you can't make them see the light, make them feel the heat."

 

Ronald Reagan
 

 


DrHorrible4Life #45 Posted 14 May 2019 - 01:02 AM

    Major

  • Beta Tester
  • 11483 battles
  • 4,317
  • Member since:
    07-12-2013

View Postkiller etzi0, on 14 May 2019 - 12:54 AM, said:

See, there you go again, trolling. Posting ideas and differing opinions is all good,  Name calling the people you don't agree with is just showing a weak view/argument. 

 

Nice try though. 

Why would you address the argument?  The point I'm making is that you're asking for a change that is only necessary for people who are incapable of learning from their mistakes.  

 

And you've spent no fewer than 3 posts in this thread calling people trolls (name calling, hypocrite) and haven't said anything of substance about why you can't just be ready when you push the button or why you think holding the button will make you readier.

 

You're the troll.



killer etzi0 #46 Posted 14 May 2019 - 01:34 AM

    Major

  • Players
  • 56810 battles
  • 18,027
  • [47R]
  • Member since:
    06-20-2014

View PostDrHorrible4Life, on 13 May 2019 - 07:02 PM, said:

Why would you address the argument?  The point I'm making is that you're asking for a change that is only necessary for people who are incapable of learning from their mistakes.  

 

And you've spent no fewer than 3 posts in this thread calling people trolls (name calling, hypocrite) and haven't said anything of substance about why you can't just be ready when you push the button or why you think holding the button will make you readier.

 

You're the troll.

 

adding 1 minute to the total in cue time per day? no issues with that from my view point.

 

Your just trolling because you wish you had come up with the idea.

 

Nice try though. 


"When you can't make them see the light, make them feel the heat."

 

Ronald Reagan
 

 


TemplarKnight75 #47 Posted 14 May 2019 - 01:38 AM

    Major

  • Players
  • 20298 battles
  • 3,586
  • [OJD]
  • Member since:
    12-05-2015

View PostGEToff MyLawn52, on 13 May 2019 - 11:26 AM, said:

 

I'm with DwarfOnDrugs with this one so my vote is obviously no.

 

It sounds like you want WG to help you save yourself from yourself because of your lack of planning or awareness. Sounds like a YOU problem.

 

 

 

 

why does an optional thing that's optional that helps other players and you can ignore bother You? THAT sounds like a you problem

TemplarKnight75 #48 Posted 14 May 2019 - 01:41 AM

    Major

  • Players
  • 20298 battles
  • 3,586
  • [OJD]
  • Member since:
    12-05-2015

View PostDrHorrible4Life, on 13 May 2019 - 08:02 PM, said:

Why would you address the argument?  The point I'm making is that you're asking for a change that is only necessary for people who are incapable of learning from their mistakes.  

 

And you've spent no fewer than 3 posts in this thread calling people trolls (name calling, hypocrite) and haven't said anything of substance about why you can't just be ready when you push the button or why you think holding the button will make you readier.

 

You're the troll.

 

can you give one legitimate complaint for an optional confirmation that you can ignore shouldn't be implemented? I will never understand why any one who wants things you don't should deal but wg should listen when it's something you want

Joco3000 #49 Posted 14 May 2019 - 07:28 AM

    Major

  • Supertest - Xbox One
  • 26482 battles
  • 27,925
  • [JOCO]
  • Member since:
    08-22-2013

View Postkiller etzi0, on 11 May 2019 - 01:45 PM, said:

 

Common now, if you've reached the point of being so dissatisfied with the game that having to hold the launch button down for a extra second or two would be the "final ticket" it's probably time to go a head and move on.....

I didn't say I was dissatisfied. I said I was close to insanity.

 

Slight difference.

 

Anyway, back to the thread. You've yet to give us any real reason why WG should introduce this, other than "It wouldn't be so bad". All the issues you've raised are simply because you or your platoon mates aren't paying enough attention.

 

So, for those of us with situational awareness greater than an aubergine, why would we want this?


You can PM with with questions, if you wish. I don't bite.

Compilation thread of my ideas


DwarfOnDrugs #50 Posted 14 May 2019 - 08:20 AM

    Major

  • Players
  • 29959 battles
  • 2,245
  • [-UNL-]
  • Member since:
    03-12-2014

I always wondered why console players seem to have no situational awareness or map awareness.

Threads like this just back this up.

 

You want WGCB to change something yet we have been asking for mini-map options since the game was released.....

We have been asking for Team Training rooms to become free....

We have been asking for Reward Tanks

We have been asking for actual decent tournaments and prizing

We have been asking for more communication between developers and players

 

If you think you will get a ‘Hold A to join battle’ ‘Option’ it quite simply won’t happen. CB hate players having options. So this ‘Option’ would either be forced on everyone or noone. Me personally would prefer noone because when i press A on a tank 99/100 its because i want to play that tank


 


TemplarKnight75 #51 Posted 14 May 2019 - 11:53 AM

    Major

  • Players
  • 20298 battles
  • 3,586
  • [OJD]
  • Member since:
    12-05-2015

View PostJoco3000, on 14 May 2019 - 02:28 AM, said:

I didn't say I was dissatisfied. I said I was close to insanity.

 

Slight difference.

 

Anyway, back to the thread. You've yet to give us any real reason why WG should introduce this, other than "It wouldn't be so bad". All the issues you've raised are simply because you or your platoon mates aren't paying enough attention.

 

So, for those of us with situational awareness greater than an aubergine, why would we want this?

 

why does it have to be about what you want? I know I want this option because my mental health issues lead to me making mistakes that are easily dealt with having this as an option. If you don't care or need it great but why does an optional mode matter to you if you don't need it? Why does people asking for optional quality of life improvements matter so much to people who constantly complain wg doesn't meet their demands? Is it because of a "if I can't have my way you can't have yours" mentality? It sure seems that way because I don't see why optional filters, or confirmation options, or any optional content would be met with anger or bitter grumbling when these aren't massively taxing requests. Will they be met? Probably not. But what's the harm in someone asking for something people here keep saying they don't care about? If you don't care or need it why should it bother you if other people do

TemplarKnight75 #52 Posted 14 May 2019 - 11:56 AM

    Major

  • Players
  • 20298 battles
  • 3,586
  • [OJD]
  • Member since:
    12-05-2015

View PostDwarfOnDrugs, on 14 May 2019 - 03:20 AM, said:

I always wondered why console players seem to have no situational awareness or map awareness.

Threads like this just back this up.

 

You want WGCB to change something yet we have been asking for mini-map options since the game was released.....

We have been asking for Team Training rooms to become free....

We have been asking for Reward Tanks

We have been asking for actual decent tournaments and prizing

We have been asking for more communication between developers and players

 

If you think you will get a ‘Hold A to join battle’ ‘Option’ it quite simply won’t happen. CB hate players having options. So this ‘Option’ would either be forced on everyone or noone. Me personally would prefer noone because when i press A on a tank 99/100 its because i want to play that tank

 

That's a pretty dramatic reaction to an optional extra button press not to mention needlessly hostile to someone over said option. How does garage accidents= no map awareness? I frequently start matches accidentally because it's not hard to do yet I check maps in game constantly the two are unrelated



Joco3000 #53 Posted 14 May 2019 - 11:57 AM

    Major

  • Supertest - Xbox One
  • 26482 battles
  • 27,925
  • [JOCO]
  • Member since:
    08-22-2013

View PostTemplarKnight75, on 14 May 2019 - 11:53 AM, said:

 

why does it have to be about what you want? I know I want this option because my mental health issues lead to me making mistakes that are easily dealt with having this as an option. If you don't care or need it great but why does an optional mode matter to you if you don't need it? Why does people asking for optional quality of life improvements matter so much to people who constantly complain wg doesn't meet their demands? Is it because of a "if I can't have my way you can't have yours" mentality? It sure seems that way because I don't see why optional filters, or confirmation options, or any optional content would be met with anger or bitter grumbling when these aren't massively taxing requests. Will they be met? Probably not. But what's the harm in someone asking for something people here keep saying they don't care about? If you don't care or need it why should it bother you if other people do

You're the only one going on about this being an optional change (neither the OP nor Ezio have suggested this), and WG strongly dislike adding options to the game. Very strongly, in fact.

 

I have yet to see any reason for it that cannot be solved by a smidgen of better awareness by the player. 


You can PM with with questions, if you wish. I don't bite.

Compilation thread of my ideas


TemplarKnight75 #54 Posted 14 May 2019 - 12:05 PM

    Major

  • Players
  • 20298 battles
  • 3,586
  • [OJD]
  • Member since:
    12-05-2015

View PostJoco3000, on 14 May 2019 - 06:57 AM, said:

You're the only one going on about this being an optional change (neither the OP nor Ezio have suggested this), and WG strongly dislike adding options to the game. Very strongly, in fact.

 

I have yet to see any reason for it that cannot be solved by a smidgen of better awareness by the player. 

It takes a single button press to start a match. That's very easily done by accident. Regardless if the OP asked for it to be optional that's the only way it could be implemented. So I ask again why would an optional mode bother You? No wargaming probably won't do it because they seem to hate giving us any kind of player agency. No custom controls, no custom huds, no minimap/compass Options, no custom camos, no customization options beyond the existing basics), the list goes on tbh and well likely never see them because wargaming at least our branch seem averse to things that are standard or becoming standard elsewhere especially when it comes to accessibility options. I just don't see why asking is bad when its a reasonable request. starting matches accidentally is easy for me with my mental health issues at least 



MaxChaos24 #55 Posted 14 May 2019 - 12:12 PM

    Gameplay Expert

  • Administrator
  • 12640 battles
  • 19,928
  • Member since:
    09-15-2013
Personally would not want to have to hold down a button to launch into battle. That would quickly become irritating when 99/100 times it's not an issue. I'd rather launch into battle accidentally that 1 time than to frustrate me the other 99 times. 

Rubbelito #56 Posted 14 May 2019 - 12:13 PM

    Major

  • WoTC Online Contributor
  • 22534 battles
  • 8,065
  • [TNT]
  • Member since:
    02-04-2016

View PostMaxChaos24, on 14 May 2019 - 02:12 PM, said:

Personally would not want to have to hold down a button to launch into battle. That would quickly become irritating when 99/100 times it's not an issue. I'd rather launch into battle accidentally that 1 time than to frustrate me the other 99 times. 

 

How about removing the confirmation for leaving the queue?

How many times would you accidentally leave a queue? :rolleyes:



TemplarKnight75 #57 Posted 14 May 2019 - 12:21 PM

    Major

  • Players
  • 20298 battles
  • 3,586
  • [OJD]
  • Member since:
    12-05-2015

View PostRubbelito, on 14 May 2019 - 07:13 AM, said:

 

How about removing the confirmation for leaving the queue?

How many times would you accidentally leave a queue? :rolleyes:

 

it does seem backwards 

GEToff MyLawn52 #58 Posted 14 May 2019 - 01:48 PM

    First lieutenant

  • Players
  • 25061 battles
  • 691
  • Member since:
    06-04-2014

View Postkiller etzi0, on 13 May 2019 - 12:25 PM, said:

 

Thanks for another troll reply. 

 

Great comeback and argument.  :medal:

 

So anyone who disagrees with you is a troll?  How very childish of you.  Seriously, how old are you?  

 

Grow up and take responsibility for your actions. 

 



TemplarKnight75 #59 Posted 14 May 2019 - 01:51 PM

    Major

  • Players
  • 20298 battles
  • 3,586
  • [OJD]
  • Member since:
    12-05-2015

View PostGEToff MyLawn52, on 14 May 2019 - 08:48 AM, said:

 

Great comeback and argument.  :medal:

 

So anyone who disagrees with you is a troll?  How very childish of you.  Seriously, how old are you?  

 

Grow up and take responsibility for your actions. 

 

 

unnecessarily hostile response to something you likely won't see and if you did could ignore it as wg would never make it mandatory. 

Sadriel Fett #60 Posted 14 May 2019 - 02:12 PM

    Major

  • Supertest - Xbox One
  • 25786 battles
  • 4,869
  • [JOCO]
  • Member since:
    02-12-2014

View PostRubbelito, on 14 May 2019 - 08:13 AM, said:

 

How about removing the confirmation for leaving the queue?

How many times would you accidentally leave a queue? :rolleyes:

 

Yeah, the confirmation to exit is pretty annoying.  Actually, instead of adding a "holding down the A button," having a confirmation button for "entering" the queue like the one for exiting it would probably be better.

 

"There's no such thing as "Arty Safe."  You have to play "Arty Aware."  You have to play "SmArty."





2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users