Googly eyes Senior technical engineer

• Please log in to reply
18 replies to this topic

DefiantSpurr #1 Posted 10 May 2019 - 10:00 AM

Major

• Players
  • 13942 battles
  • [BNKR]

Quick news update on things that came out in the stream last night.

As always I would like to claim the lions share of blame/congratulations for extra googly eyes :trollface:

Subscribe to my YouTube! 

https://www.youtube....ser/immortalfae

matematicalone #2 Posted 10 May 2019 - 10:55 AM

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 1773 battles

Thanks for heads up, I love googly eyes. That second part of your video is pretty sad, what about all of the people who are after that but can't make it till September. I think someone should start a thread with question what will replace those coins and will there be any kind of reward for that gigantic grind of the whole TT in WoTC. Many people will be dissapointed to hear this, but it sends a very bad message about game longevity too. They should just get more plate to motivate people to continue grinding, this way it's gonna be very frustrating for many.

So if Rai is reading this, please do prolong that deadline so everyone who is after that achievement gets the same treatment and reward. And please tell if there will be any reward for completing the TT after coins are gone.

Vampire_Izumi #3 Posted 10 May 2019 - 11:00 AM

Major

• Players
  • 24327 battles

grats to everyone who like Googly eyes!

i am more of a "Eye - Evil" my self :D .

makes the Brick look kinda like a dragon with the Bricks being scales :D .

A lie about a lie turns inside out upon itself. - Magane chikujoin   

Marks of Excellence:

ATHFjman18 #4 Posted 10 May 2019 - 11:12 AM

Major

• Players
  • 17444 battles
  • [JOCO]
Sad that the STE achievement medal is going away. Will the player still be able to get the pick any free premium reward after the deadline? This is just more fuel for the fire for those who believe in the “The game is dying” conspiracy...

M4ntiX #5 Posted 10 May 2019 - 11:22 AM

Major

• Players
  • 25942 battles

View PostATHFjman18, on 10 May 2019 - 11:12 AM, said:

Sad that the STE achievement medal is going away. Will the player still be able to get the pick any free premium reward after the deadline? This is just more fuel for the fire for those who believe in the “The game is dying” conspiracy...

You have to admit, in this case conspiracy theorists have a fertile ground to walk on. I mean... the game is evolving, making WG a crap ton of money, and they decide to discontinue the only physical reward that was ever offered, the holy grail of WOT that attracts but the most dedicated and deep walleted players? The Mighty Coin.

Where did I put my tin foil hat? I feel it's about to rain hard.

"Jesus you smegheads are whiny about your Epeens."

ATHFjman18 #6 Posted 10 May 2019 - 11:31 AM

Major

• Players
  • 17444 battles
  • [JOCO]

View PostM4ntiX, on 10 May 2019 - 06:22 AM, said:

You have to admit, in this case conspiracy theorists have a fertile ground to walk on. I mean... the game is evolving, making WG a crap ton of money, and they decide to discontinue the only physical reward that was ever offered, the holy grail of WOT that attracts but the most dedicated and deep walleted players? The Mighty Coin.

Where did I put my tin foil hat? I feel it's about to rain hard.

Just another nail in the coffin. My tinfoil hat needs more layers!

BrogueOne #7 Posted 10 May 2019 - 11:55 AM

Major

• Supertest - PS4
  • 22323 battles
  • [ELDER]
There could always be other plans for awarding players who reach STE..... “no more coin” doesn’t mean “we’ll no longer recognize those few players who achieve this”.  

If I had to guess why there’s no more coin(sans tinfoil)...
1) coins like that are expensive to make.
2) few people earn STE(only 70 so far according to Rai) and coins are more expensive in small volumes.
3) people are idiots and don’t give RaiBOT01 correct addresses or contact info and their coins get lost.... and costs money to replace.
4) international postage/shipping is super expensive too... lost coins not only means replacing the coin, it means filling out another customs form and paying international postage again.

I wouldn’t be surprised if STE gets awarded like an Op in the future.... like right after the ribbon pops you get an award screen with vouchers for premium tanks or whatever.

Fishfood50 #8 Posted 10 May 2019 - 12:07 PM

Captain

• Players
  • 702 battles
Really sad news about the coin....but I'll be finished by the end of next month and have 2 months to get enough silver to buy the rest. Hope they don't stop this just give a different prize or at least keep the free tank going.

HybredXero #9 Posted 10 May 2019 - 12:34 PM

Captain

• Players
  • 31486 battles
  • [BULL]

View PostBrogueOne, on 10 May 2019 - 06:55 AM, said:

There could always be other plans for awarding players who reach STE..... “no more coin” doesn’t mean “we’ll no longer recognize those few players who achieve this”.

If I had to guess why there’s no more coin(sans tinfoil)...
1) coins like that are expensive to make.

I wouldn’t be surprised if STE gets awarded like an Op in the future.... like right after the ribbon pops you get an award screen with vouchers for premium tanks or whatever.

I purchase "Military Challenge coins" for my Division Commander and no, coins are not cheap.  The one that WoT gives out is a larger coin.  I get a sweet deal on the design that I order, 4 dollars per coin and that includes shipping for the coin.  I order in bulk though, talking about 875 coins, but that covers them for the whole fiscal year.  WoT probably isn't setting aside a budget for coins...but lets be real I've been playing for 5 years, and I've just now researched all the tier 10's.  I still have a handful to buy and a a second handful to play at least one battle in.  Do I want that coin?  kinda....it'd look nice next to all the other coins I have(picture attached).  Am I gonna get the silver to get them?  maybe....someone wanna loan me about 30 mil?

I think the STE could be awarded differently too.  You're onto something with your suggestion.

"Trusting the Blue Falcon is like playing Russian Roulette....with six rounds in the chamber"

"CEDAT FORTUNA PERITIS" (Let Fortune Yield to Experience)

BrogueOne #10 Posted 10 May 2019 - 12:57 PM

Major

• Supertest - PS4
  • 22323 battles
  • [ELDER]

View PostHybredXero, on 10 May 2019 - 12:34 PM, said:

I purchase "Military Challenge coins" for my Division Commander and no, coins are not cheap.  The one that WoT gives out is a larger coin.  I get a sweet deal on the design that I order, 4 dollars per coin and that includes shipping for the coin.  I order in bulk though, talking about 875 coins, but that covers them for the whole fiscal year.  WoT probably isn't setting aside a budget for coins...but lets be real I've been playing for 5 years, and I've just now researched all the tier 10's.  I still have a handful to buy and a a second handful to play at least one battle in.  Do I want that coin?  kinda....it'd look nice next to all the other coins I have(picture attached).  Am I gonna get the silver to get them?  maybe....someone wanna loan me about 30 mil?

I think the STE could be awarded differently too.  You're onto something with your suggestion.

Nice collection! STE is a massive achievement and I doubt it will ever go unrecognized.

HybredXero #11 Posted 10 May 2019 - 01:16 PM

Captain

• Players
  • 31486 battles
  • [BULL]

View PostBrogueOne, on 10 May 2019 - 07:57 AM, said:

Nice collection! STE is a massive achievement and I doubt it will ever go unrecognized.

Mind you I've been in the military for 20 years....w00t retirement this year!

"Trusting the Blue Falcon is like playing Russian Roulette....with six rounds in the chamber"

TemplarKnight75 #12 Posted 10 May 2019 - 01:19 PM

Major

• Players
  • 20235 battles
  • [OJD]

View PostVampire_Izumi, on 10 May 2019 - 06:00 AM, said:

grats to everyone who like Googly eyes!

i am more of a "Eye - Evil" my self :D .

makes the Brick look kinda like a dragon with the Bricks being scales :D .

I did the same thing for the same reason 

allhavoc #13 Posted 10 May 2019 - 03:04 PM

Major

• Players
  • 47905 battles
  • [10SR]

View PostHybredXero, on 10 May 2019 - 12:34 PM, said:

Nice rack.

[10SR]  

DANCING FLAMES #14 Posted 10 May 2019 - 04:06 PM

Captain

• Beta Tester
  • 40184 battles
Really disappointed to hear. Im still too far away to get it by September. I was looking forward to earning it though some day. 

ABAOUIA #15 Posted 10 May 2019 - 04:27 PM

Major

• Players
  • 44386 battles
  • [ASYLM]

View Postallhavoc, on 10 May 2019 - 04:04 PM, said:

Nice rack.

LoL

On a serious note :

Really ? .... Really ? .... Really ?

So I'm pretty close myself, I expected to be done by the end of the year, specialy now that we have these great ops.

But basicly to get it done before september i need to drop all merc contracts / ranked battles / moe's etc.

To get it done in time :(

I will give the discission maker a big F Y

I think personaly the coin was more interesting then a free prem, cause those i can buy, it's the things you earn that make things worth while.

They might come up with something else, but that will probably be simular shjit like a reskin BT-7 Art tank, you take it cause it's free but you kinda don't want it.

GG on this spectacular choice +1 WG.

Only 70 players have it done or at least registered that they have it done.

Woowy very very good reason to stop it, cause who knows how many will follow ! 

loki131313 #16 Posted 10 May 2019 - 05:03 PM

Captain

• Players
  • 23252 battles

wth?

No coin? 

..... hmmmm. That was the one thing I've been driving toward, and I'm not going to have it complete before September. Not particularly fair to the PS4 population, what with the recent drops of EVEN MORE lines I have to finish grinding (and the addition of even more tier Xs).

Grrrrr.

HybredXero #17 Posted 10 May 2019 - 05:04 PM

Captain

• Players
  • 31486 battles
  • [BULL]

View Postallhavoc, on 10 May 2019 - 10:04 AM, said:

Nice rack.

the rack was made by a now retired(he was on his way out when I bought it) service member.  Good guy.  I asked if a measurement could be tweaked to hold some of the bigger and thicker coins.  He gladly obliged.

matematicalone #18 Posted 11 May 2019 - 09:31 PM

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 1773 battles

View Postloki131313, on 10 May 2019 - 06:03 PM, said:

wth?

No coin?

..... hmmmm. That was the one thing I've been driving toward, and I'm not going to have it complete before September. Not particularly fair to the PS4 population, what with the recent drops of EVEN MORE lines I have to finish grinding (and the addition of even more tier Xs).

Grrrrr.

^^this^^ is very good point, PS4 players have 2-yrs starting handicap to get STE. I wish someone from WG to adress this and reconsider this decision to remove coins because they running out of plate. If only 70 players qualified so far how expensive can it be to send a coin here and there. And it's a huge grind, I have to say that it takes a huge effort to research whole TT. I'm nowhere near, but I might start my quest to finish it one day. IF there is a shiny coin waiting for me in the end.

Pit Friend #19 Posted 12 May 2019 - 01:20 PM

Major

• Players
  • 32011 battles
  • [PTATO]
No coin for unlocking all the tanks anymore?  Well now I have even less motivation to ever grind the artillery lines.  

I asked an EOD man how he dealt with the stress of his job. 

He said he didn’t have any stress. Either he was right or else it became someone else’s problem. 

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users