What do you recommend as a crew strategy when grinding a line from A to Z? with/without a premium ta...

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

P6X330 #1 Posted 11 May 2019 - 02:45 PM

Major

• Supertest - PS4
  • 16096 battles
  • [AMXS]

I do not think I have seen a thread offering hints or advice to someone who wants to go after a tank line;

I started my Italian picking, which is an easy one, cause there are no branching, and all the tanks are mediums with the exception of one light. Prior to that, I rushed in, and never devised what to do with personnel.

Now I am thinking there are better ways to man one's tank;

So, as you move along to the lower Tiers, you recruit a new crew for each tank, until you reach Tier V or VI; it is not cast in stone, but generally, it is the way to go.

When you do that, and if you do not use boosts, you never get to train anyone to 100%, so you seldom get any perk or skill to use for the next tank.

This is when having a premium tank comes handy, because you can train crews ahead of time, so you can at least have the basic "first four skills/perks" for your upper Tier tanks. My initial way of keeping each crew and getting a new one for each tank did not really work well for me.

At Tier VIII, having zero skill or perk is painful.

And what if you have to branch from a category to another? you may have trained some skills that are not required for the next tank. I did just that.

The French Tech Tree has a path to Artillery from the light category. So when I went that way, I took the Light tank crew which had Six Sense, Snap shot, muffled shot, repairs to an SPG tank. While 6S works for every tank, the others are not very useful.

What advice would you offer to someone who is going to begin his journey into World of Tanks Mercenaries?

Maybe with some examples?

What if I chose to grind the Soviet line, which Tech Tree has so many twists and turns?

Edited by P6X330, 11 May 2019 - 04:06 PM.

Bad teams are in the same battle. Good teams work together! don't complain, contribute.

Very Classy #2 Posted 11 May 2019 - 03:07 PM

Major

• Players
  • 33056 battles
  • [JOCO]

Promote crews. Grabbing a new crew for the next higher tiered vehicle is a formula for failure. I usually see if there is a capable Tier III or IV vehicle that can pen while bottom-tier and roll with that for a while. I try to get Sixth Sense and over-train enough to make the next tier(s). 

If I have Sixth Sense and can transfer that crew at 100% to the Tier V in the line, I do nothing but grind Tier V. Tier V is usually perfect for overtraining into VI. At Tier VI, I can complete another skill. If I'm particularly fond of the Tier VI, I will grind another skill. I hope to have 4 skills/perks at Tier VIII and at that point getting 8 skills/perks is pretty easy to achieve by Tier X.

Frankly, I just don't find that many vehicles are keeper-worthy... especially when Premium vehicles are usually the best vehicles per Tier. 

Kept the T29... but then the Minuteman showed up. Kept the T37, but then the Rover showed up.

Promote those crews... if you meet me out there in Tier V+, better believe I'm not rocking a fresh crew.

There is literally an Xbox 360 in a museum, and this is the best joke you can come up with?
                                                                                         -- allhavoc

Vampire_Izumi #3 Posted 11 May 2019 - 04:00 PM

Major

• Players
  • 27557 battles
  • [LEONI]
i have a question about my polish crew. they only have 2 skils (training a third) at tier 8. should i grind them in my Pudel or will i be fine?

A lie about a lie turns inside out upon itself. - Magane chikujoin   

Marks of Excellence:

BlahCarnivore6 #4 Posted 22 May 2019 - 07:16 PM

Sergeant

• Players
  • 10097 battles
  • [12PZR]
I recommend training so you have 4 skills getting into a tier 8. I am still catching a few of mine up to that standard.

P6X330 #5 Posted 31 May 2019 - 02:29 PM

Major

• Supertest - PS4
  • 16096 battles
  • [AMXS]

View PostBlahCarnivore6, on 22 May 2019 - 01:16 PM, said:

I recommend training so you have 4 skills getting into a tier 8. I am still catching a few of mine up to that standard.

I am using my AMX Chaffee to fast track my crews, especially now that the 2x of the Spring Bravo games. On winning battles, I can get up to 9% per outing, and very rarely don't I at least catch 1% when I get offed quickly.

Which happens quite often since I am continuously in Tier IX battles, and I mean 10 Tier IX, 4 Tier VIII, and me, playing a Tier VI tank renamed Tier VII...

Bad teams are in the same battle. Good teams work together! don't complain, contribute.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users