Ranked Battles Tier X - Feedback and rewards!

ranked battles feedback rewards war chests

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
64 replies to this topic

The GamerZocker #21 Posted 13 May 2019 - 08:48 PM

Corporal

• Players
  • 43269 battles
  • [RATM]

Please make the ranked battles to that what it was earlier. We need smaller checkpoints to save the points. It's frustrating when you need 700, 800 or 900 points to reach a new league and your teams can't win multiple times in a row. 

An alternative could be to give us more time than an 2 days weekend. 

Thanks,

Your [RATM] The GamerZocker.

mark111966 #22 Posted 13 May 2019 - 09:33 PM

Corporal

• Beta Tester
  • 76508 battles

1. Not to be mean, but, 'What game are you playing?'. Jk. There's only about 4 non corridor maps in the game, period. If they removed them: First, there wouldn't be a large enough nc maps to really play ranked and stay interested. (you betas remember the days of only 3 maps mayhem, lol. Sand River, Mines, and Cliffs, aaah, those were the days! Roflmao). Second, ya might as well face it, battles happen all over the place, all weather types, and in all environments. That being said, the game, in general and imo, does need more open maps, such as Prokhorova, and Steppes, to name two. How bout Prok with blizzard or rainstorm versions?

2. Players aren't 'tryhards' just because they're using deathstars, waffles, or any other vehicle in the game. It just shows the preferences of individuals. A lot of unis and s-unis grind only a few very tough and capable 10's, to perform very well, win or lose, to pads stats to improve player rating, giving them that uni or s-uni status. I personally am just an average Joe and have kept playing to unlock all the tanks, not to pay for stats. With money to a buy few top notch prem tanks that earn good xp and silver, win or lose, then converting elite xp to free xp to skip all the hard, long grind through all the difficult, time consuming, and poor performing tanks, only purchasing and playing the ones that you can keep padding those numbers with. If you can find 4 friends who also have the means to do this, and only run those profiles together as a platoon, it would be, and is, very easy for players with the will, the wallet, and the time, to get uni and s-uni stats, even if they are really just very average players individually and without their Four Musketeer buddies they're usually runnin' with to back them up.  The point being, if you're playing the game, ranked, multiplayer, ws, team trainging, or whatever, you're probably trying you're best to do well. Therefore, just playing the game at all makes ya a 'tryhard'. Imo. And to even be a uni or s-uni, it requires doing well, or, dare I say it?, being a 'tryhard' to the max, in every match, win, lose or draw. After all, getting killed, taking damage, missed, blocked or bounced shot can lower your player rating, jeapordizing your u or su status. God forbid you lose??? You'd only be 'above average', then. Nooooooo! Roflol. Jk, bud. I officially welcome you to our group. We're all 'tryhards'. Well....except for the potatoes???, maybe. Roflmao. Also, no exclusion list. There are 61 tier 10's of 5 varieties, and representing twelve nationalities, and even 2 mercenary 10's in the game. Each has strengths and weaknesses which can vary depending upon the map, the match type, the tactical situation, the terrain, and even the rest of the team and how they're playing. However, I do believe artillery doesn't have a place in ranked, because, of the maps used for ranked, only a couple are arty friendly. combined with small 7v7 matches, it isn't possible to always watch the flanks or spot out the map. Therefore, for arty to be at all effective, either the entire team needs to play defensively to protect them, or arty must follow cosely behind the others as a glorified, low health, unarmored, slower moving, unmaneuverable, barn on tracks, tank destroyer, that can only shoot once a minute (French tier ten, exception). Usually not so accurate in that mode, either. Lol. That being said, imo, every player should be allowed to make their own decision, without restrictions. That only undermines the idea of a free to play game. It takes a lot of effort, and time to grind out a tier ten (even if they spend money to convert elite xp to free xp, that elxp still has to be earned). And those who do shouldn't be excluded if they want to play.

Anyway, no offense meant towards either contributor for their comments. Just tossin out a little counter point and personal opinion. Good luck, and best wishes. Keep on tanking and see ya on the battlefield or in the funnies.

HighSpyker #23 Posted 13 May 2019 - 09:45 PM

Major

• Beta Tester
  • 34309 battles
  • [IRN]
The silver definitely encouraged me to play more ranked battles than I might have otherwise.  Despite what others noticed, I found I needed to play flexible tanks to stand a good chance of winning: 183 was not very useful for me, for instance.

radonism #24 Posted 13 May 2019 - 10:30 PM

Captain

• Players
  • 15897 battles

Played one game. Remembered the scoring system (still mainly luck whether you progress), "most Deathstars win" game play and quit back to multi-player. 

Honestly, at tier 10 it's just really poor. Mainly because of how broken the Deathstars and Waffles are. Alas, the ranked is dead as a dodo for me. It sounds like it should be a good concept but on the ground its just bad. It's as obvious as a giant wart of the forehead. The Waffles and Deathstars are just too powerful for a 7 v 7 format. Able to wipe out a team in a few minutes. Hull down? Side-scrapping? Lol, whatever, have some hesh in the face. I win. Again. Yawn...

Nerf everyones favourite T10 TD's (long overdue) or change to tier 9.

Or just can the whole thing. That might be easier tbh.

Grimace151 #25 Posted 13 May 2019 - 10:47 PM

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 47249 battles
  • [CRPT]

Not a fan of current points system

Believe we need minimum combined damage to not lose points cover your tanks hp +500 and don't lose points or something

More skill based i mean it is RANKED battles 

HighSpyker #26 Posted 14 May 2019 - 04:48 AM

Major

• Beta Tester
  • 34309 battles
  • [IRN]

View Postradonism, on 13 May 2019 - 05:30 PM, said:

Waffles and Deathstars are just too powerful for a 7 v 7 format. Able to wipe out a team in a few minutes. Hull down? Side-scrapping? Lol, whatever, have some hesh in the face. I win. Again. Yawn...

Nerf everyones favourite T10 TD's (long overdue) or change to tier 9.

Or just can the whole thing. That might be easier tbh.

I was in two matches where red did an excellent job of rushing my 183 with enough tanks to carry.  No matter how powerful a aingle DS shell is, the reload still takes an eternity.  I stopped using my Deathstar because it just wasn't flexible enough to win with any consistency.

BUCKWHEAT l #27 Posted 14 May 2019 - 04:54 AM

Corporal

• Players
  • 15855 battles
  • [GOONS]

Literally Zero team effort ever. Rewards for the end are weak for how much grinding and how many battles  youhave to play with a bunch of idiots and carry them it's not worth the headache. 

Most importantly better players need to get more points for preformance rather than just one for winning. 

Bashful #28 Posted 14 May 2019 - 05:24 AM

First lieutenant

• Beta Tester
  • 26802 battles
  • [47R]

A couple of Ranked Battles ago - early March 2019 to be exact, I did an analysis of the RB mechanics to figure out how difficult it is to achieve the top rank. That post is here: http://forum-console.worldoftanks.com/index.php?/topic/230797-ranked-battles-deep-dive-and-suggestions/page__p__4730742#entry4730742 Some kinds souls have nice enough to bump it for the most recent event.

I actually looked at the news post when the most recent Rank Battles was announced, but noticed that the point system was exactly the same, so I decided to skip the entire thing. The reality remains that I'm not willing to invest 20 to 30 hours playing this game if GML isn't a guaranteed outcome.

One piece of feedback that applies specifically to last weekend's event is that I have to wonder to who the heck decided to do Rank Battles over Mother's Day weekend. I get that for some of the player demographic that isn't a big deal, but for a non-zero group, it pretty much meant that Sunday was a no-play day.

Edited by Bashful, 14 May 2019 - 05:25 AM.

MAJ_WOOD #29 Posted 14 May 2019 - 05:39 AM

Private

• Players
  • 20011 battles
  • [GRIMM]

World of Tanks_20190512214627.jpg

This is how a lot of my battles went just pounding my face into a wall how do you have 4 10's do NOTHING! lol, the scoring needs to be how you do not how great (or not great) your team does.  Oh and got like 800 gold from my senior master league did not feel like it was worth it. And the "OP" Deathstar 4005 and E-100 did not help to secure victory in posted game was not feeling their God like powers lol

DwarfOnDrugs #30 Posted 14 May 2019 - 08:30 AM

Major

• Players
  • 30137 battles
  • [-UNL-]

More fun than tier 8.

Improvements:

-Balance TDs and Heavies to same amount as other team

-Give both teams same amount of similar tanks e.g. Don’t give one team 2 E4s and the other 2 Waffles

-Add an option in post game stats to commend teammates

-Make prizing better (Kind of lack lustre for the time required)

-Change the non-competitve maps to competitive maps. 

-Ravaged Capital

- Liberty falls

-Komarin

+ Prok

+Steppes or Sand River

+ Murovanka 

These maps will add more map and situational awareness rather than just trading down an alleyway against TDs until one team land slide victories due to a deathstar penning one shot.

-Add ability to have atleast 2 man platoons. (I’d say 3 is maximum)

Add a cooldown on vehicles like the deathstar and waffle (Too many of them make the game unplayable)

-Add the ability to change equipment when loading in to a map (I know this ain’t ever going to happen but still feedback)

-Add ability to ban 1 map (like PCs current premium account system)

Unholy Lucipurr #31 Posted 14 May 2019 - 09:50 AM

Sergeant

• Players
  • 10294 battles
  • [MDKP]
The points system needs a complete overhaul.  It should be obvious enough as this is the most common point made in any feedback section for ranked battles.  More specifically, good performances should be rewarded on the losing team.  Something like 2nd and 3rd place also getting points or not losing any.  Secondly, anyone with a zero damage game/afk should lose points in place of someone who actually contributed or played the match.

"I will rain death upon all who oppose me. I am the embodiment of sky cancer and I will make you rue the day you dare cross into my view and sit thy tank still. Some call me arty scum, but they are fools! I am become sky cancer the destroyer of balance and even if you close in to close range I will call upon the gods of rng and shotgun you into condemnation for no one will associate with a tanker who cannot take out an artillery."  -Unholy Lucipurr 2017 (dictated but not read)

xiverisx #32 Posted 14 May 2019 - 10:06 AM

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 21026 battles
  • [WEAZL]

My thoughts:

1. I like current reward system very much, you can get a lot of silver playing, you can grind contracts too and you can gain free gold or even a tank from war chests!

2. I like tier X ranked battles more, so i am not waiting for other tier ranked battles in the future if it's possible.

3. Don't think match making can be fixed completely with the amount of players console has, but still some improvements would be nice to try matching at least same tank types in each of the teams.

4. About climbing leagues and getting points, don't know what the best solution would be, but it definitely needs to be looked over.

5. I want to see my STATS at least how many battles i played and won.

Just another WoT Console player on XBOX with a little YouTube channel with my recent gameplays: https://www.youtube.com/xiverisx

SprungNickel427 #33 Posted 14 May 2019 - 06:10 PM

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 31620 battles
  • [UMFF5]

progression was horrible. The amount of afk and lagged out players immediately crushes your chances. Base campers and people hiding as usual was a huge frustration. 

Several games I had highest damage and kills and still ended up 2nd, not getting 100 points on a loss. 2 steps forward, 3 steps back! Played a lot and maybe I'm not good, or not good enough, but the event was worthless. I got to Platinum and got 2 commander chests for a PZ S35  and 300 gold, flag and 35,000 silver on top of a pathetic 250,000 silver and a day of prem. The only reason I played was because XP went towards Merc Contract grind and X2 silver was decent. 

The Frustration exceeded my ability to deal with it and will likely not bother again. doing 4000 damage and getting second when 5 other players barely did 1000 damage and getting no progress reward is a joke. Frankly I feel like you don't want to hand out the prizes. 

SprungNickel427 #34 Posted 14 May 2019 - 06:15 PM

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 31620 battles
  • [UMFF5]
Given the City map meta of these ranked battles, Who brings arta to the fight! talk about useless. Point system is a joke too. Useless player in FV 4005 one shots a tank in a complete rick roll and gets top 100 loser points. Seriously, you need to revise point system give something for 1-5th position rather than an all or backwards situation. also If you reward the best playe ron the losing team, why not reward the best player on the winning team. I had complete potatoes camping in back with 0-500 dmg benefit from a win! They did nothing!

SprungNickel427 #35 Posted 14 May 2019 - 06:21 PM

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 31620 battles
  • [UMFF5]

last point. If your objective of Ranked is too get us to play, Why would you make it so dependent on clueless and idiotic players around you. 

If you want us to play more, why would you make progression so challenging for even above avg players, I'm not the best by any stretch of imagination, that the rewards become worthless. I've had carrots dangled in front of my face many times and you, wargaming, have made the decision to quit very easy! If you want 20-30 hours of game play out of me on a weekend, at least be gracious and find a way to dole out the rewards. I'd trade the X2 silver for an ability to reach GML. That'd feel good. Instead I made Platinum and I'm pisse doff at you! I think you guys simply don't get it!

dcr66 #36 Posted 14 May 2019 - 06:42 PM

Major

• Supertest - Xbox One
  • 24487 battles
  • [ONE]
  • With the Spring Games or similar arrangements going on; can't we have ranked battles count towards that also?
  • It may be easy for some but it seems enough of us are stuck in the other team that loose most games. The prizes used to be better but that seems to have gone down.
  • If you change this simple win or loose scoring back to the old convoluted ways, I am not playing.
  • Instead of 100+/- points, just go with 1+/- star for winning or loosing. The way WoWS PC is doing with ranked. 
  • Unless there is really a shortage of players, why can't we go 15 v 15.
  • What about lower tiers, below 8 please? Tier 5 maybe?

Senior .NET Developer / Team Lead by day. Computer/Console gamer with 30+ yrs of experience by night. WW2 guru for 35+ years. 

[ONE]dcr66 in World of Warships. Same clan name and user name as I have in Xbox.

KilledByPing #37 Posted 14 May 2019 - 09:41 PM

Major

• Players
  • 13957 battles
  • [KJIAH]

Rewards are fine, but balance, xp gain and point system are pure failure.

Didnt bother to play expect few battles just for fun.

Players should not gain outrageous ammount of xp for simple spotting. It doesnt require skill and ruin all the "dont lose points if you did well on loosing team" because when your team get slaughtered (and this happens alot because matchmaker are trash) spotting give more xp then damage or assist which is totally stupid.

There should be additional 100 points for top 1 of winning team. Else there is no point in tryhard at all.

With such ammount of points needed for top league 3 players on loosing team should not lose points, not only 1

IceFrogger1313 #38 Posted 14 May 2019 - 09:45 PM

Captain

• Players
  • 41122 battles
  • [IMTLZ]

I'd like to see a ranked season that is 8v8 and allows (or even requires) platoons of 2.

I'd also like to see other tiers used.

Koneko Da Best #39 Posted 14 May 2019 - 10:10 PM

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 27647 battles
  • [KMD]

View PostIceFrogger1313, on 14 May 2019 - 03:45 PM, said:

I'd like to see a ranked season that is 8v8 and allows (or even requires) platoons of 2.

I'd also like to see other tiers used.

Yeah I'd like that too can't even count how many times I'd have a close loss that could've been a win with just one good platoon mate to help me carry

Poppyluv77 #40 Posted 14 May 2019 - 11:13 PM

Corporal

• Players
  • 11985 battles
Ask Raebot or Paingod to play ranked until they reach Grand Master League. Ha ha ha. 

Also tagged with ranked, battles, feedback, rewards, war chests

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users