Wargaming... Any updates?

• Please log in to reply
64 replies to this topic

killer etzi0 #1 Posted 14 May 2019 - 12:42 AM

Major

• Players
  • 58160 battles
  • [47R]

On a trade/swap out program for excess consumables and garage slots?

I am sitting on 90 empty garage slots

1070+ manual fire extinguishers

760+ small med kits

80+ remove speed governor  

There is zero to little chance of me even making a dent in the use of any of said items. But a 50% silver value sure would get used!!

What's say ye WG?

"When you can't make them see the light, make them feel the heat."

Ronald Reagan

TemplarKnight75 #2 Posted 14 May 2019 - 01:01 AM

Major

• Players
  • 21081 battles
  • [OJD]

Unlikely. Which is kind of dumb considering other versions of wargaming games on pc don't seem to mind letting you sell almost everything 

DrHorrible4Life #3 Posted 14 May 2019 - 01:08 AM

Major

• Beta Tester
  • 12499 battles
I'm just trolling, but how often do new features get announced upon request in the ignorum?  

BrogueOne #4 Posted 14 May 2019 - 01:19 AM

Major

• Supertest - PS4
  • 22916 battles
  • [ELDER]
They’ve already addressed the issue of excess consumables and such.  The answer is basically: “We’d have to overhaul the entire game’s economy to allow such changes and that would a) be extremely time consuming, and b) would probably break things, and c) decisions about the game’s economy also have to be approved by MS/Sony.”  It’s because all of those items also have a cash value and a cash method for purchase.

It was either RaiBOT01 or TankzOrZ mentioned it in this week or last on Weekly Assault.  They understand not everyone has use for everything they can earn for free, but they have to simply let it be that sometimes you can’t(or don’t) use what you get.   Heck, by the time I finish Bravo this week I’ll have more free Emblems than I have keeper tanks with open slots!

TemplarKnight75 #5 Posted 14 May 2019 - 01:36 AM

Major

• Players
  • 21081 battles
  • [OJD]

View PostBrogueOne, on 13 May 2019 - 08:19 PM, said:

They’ve already addressed the issue of excess consumables and such. The answer is basically: “We’d have to overhaul the entire game’s economy to allow such changes and that would a) be extremely time consuming, and b) would probably break things, and c) decisions about the game’s economy also have to be approved by MS/Sony.” It’s because all of those items also have a cash value and a cash method for purchase.

It was either RaiBOT01 or TankzOrZ mentioned it in this week or last on Weekly Assault. They understand not everyone has use for everything they can earn for free, but they have to simply let it be that sometimes you can’t(or don’t) use what you get. Heck, by the time I finish Bravo this week I’ll have more free Emblems than I have keeper tanks with open slots!

gonna have to point out Microsoft and Sony only step in with items like gold not consumable in a free game and even then only for specific situations . This game also has no economy to speak of beyond individual player earnings and allowing a sale of items at half value wouldn't hurt that very much. The reality is wot pc does it with no issue. Wows pc does it with no issue. Hell warframe allows you to sell anything paid or no and that game has a real mmo economy. There's no excuse wargaming can give here that will work. The fact is they want us to keep buying by keeping our options limited. Otherwise I don't see why every other free to play game can do things that for some reason stop the wot console team in their tracks like selling off inventory, more customization options, and more smaller priced items in general like every other free to play game in existence both the bad and good.

killer etzi0 #6 Posted 14 May 2019 - 02:01 AM

Major

• Players
  • 58160 battles
  • [47R]

View PostBrogueOne, on 13 May 2019 - 07:19 PM, said:

They’ve already addressed the issue of excess consumables and such. The answer is basically: “We’d have to overhaul the entire game’s economy to allow such changes and that would a) be extremely time consuming, and b) would probably break things, and c) decisions about the game’s economy also have to be approved by MS/Sony.” It’s because all of those items also have a cash value and a cash method for purchase.

It was either RaiBOT01 or TankzOrZ mentioned it in this week or last on Weekly Assault. They understand not everyone has use for everything they can earn for free, but they have to simply let it be that sometimes you can’t(or don’t) use what you get. Heck, by the time I finish Bravo this week I’ll have more free Emblems than I have keeper tanks with open slots!

That's not exactly the reply I got from RC Landon. It's been a couple months back but he indicated there might be some options to look into. Just haven't heard anything from him on the subject for a while so thought I would re-visit. 

Ronald Reagan

TemplarKnight75 #7 Posted 14 May 2019 - 02:03 AM

Major

• Players
  • 21081 battles
  • [OJD]

View Postkiller etzi0, on 13 May 2019 - 09:01 PM, said:

That's not exactly the reply I got from RC Landon. It's been a couple months back but he indicated there might be some options to look into. Just haven't heard anything from him on the subject for a while so thought I would re-visit. 

a previous battle heroes q&a basically had pain saying what brouge said. Not really a good excuse though 

killer etzi0 #8 Posted 14 May 2019 - 02:04 AM

Major

• Players
  • 58160 battles
  • [47R]

View PostTemplarKnight75, on 13 May 2019 - 07:36 PM, said:

gonna have to point out Microsoft and Sony only step in with items like gold not consumable in a free game and even then only for specific situations . This game also has no economy to speak of beyond individual player earnings and allowing a sale of items at half value wouldn't hurt that very much. The reality is wot pc does it with no issue. Wows pc does it with no issue. Hell warframe allows you to sell anything paid or no and that game has a real mmo economy. There's no excuse wargaming can give here that will work. The fact is they want us to keep buying by keeping our options limited. Otherwise I don't see why every other free to play game can do things that for some reason stop the wot console team in their tracks like selling off inventory, more customization options, and more smaller priced items in general like every other free to play game in existence both the bad and good.

I would be happy with even being able to "trade up"... like maybe 10 manual fire extinguishers for one large auto extinguisher. Same with the med kits. As for the 90+ empty garage slots, not sure what/how that would look, but any trade of reasonable value would be appreciated. 

Ronald Reagan

TemplarKnight75 #9 Posted 14 May 2019 - 02:10 AM

Major

• Players
  • 21081 battles
  • [OJD]

View Postkiller etzi0, on 13 May 2019 - 09:04 PM, said:

I would be happy with even being able to "trade up"... like maybe 10 manual fire extinguishers for one large auto extinguisher. Same with the med kits. As for the 90+ empty garage slots, not sure what/how that would look, but any trade of reasonable value would be appreciated. 

it would but making you buy them seems to be the priority. It also seems like penny pinching considering you realistically wouldn't get very much for either selling or trading up. If you think about it we'd need thousands upon thousands of consumables to make any serious impact best case scenario you'd get 1-5 mil maybe? Seems pretty petty to not let us sell for so little silver especially at half value 

HomicidalApple0 #10 Posted 14 May 2019 - 02:15 AM

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 2919 battles
They’ve already stated before that they wouldn’t be giving them out like they have been if there was a way to dump them. So basically what you’re asking for helps you one time and then they just would barely give them as rewards anymore. So it honestly doesn’t do much good. I mean unless you could do that where you swap up the small consumables for larger ones

TemplarKnight75 #11 Posted 14 May 2019 - 02:19 AM

Major

• Players
  • 21081 battles
  • [OJD]

View PostHomicidalApple0, on 13 May 2019 - 09:15 PM, said:

They’ve already stated before that they wouldn’t be giving them out like they have been if there was a way to dump them. So basically what you’re asking for helps you one time and then they just would barely give them as rewards anymore. So it honestly doesn’t do much good. I mean unless you could do that where you swap up the small consumables for larger ones

that doesn't stop any other free game including WG pc games. No one said automatically sell them for everyone. Just to give those who don't want them to sell them. It doesn't diminsh the rewards it just gives us more options which isn't a bad thing 

killer etzi0 #12 Posted 14 May 2019 - 02:23 AM

Major

• Players
  • 58160 battles
  • [47R]

View PostHomicidalApple0, on 13 May 2019 - 08:15 PM, said:

Well that's why I also mentioned that being able to "trade up" is fine too. And, I know I am not the only player that has accumulated a stock pile of these things. I would guess anyone in the 4-6 years of playing has similar stock piles. 

Ronald Reagan

TemplarKnight75 #13 Posted 14 May 2019 - 02:24 AM

Major

• Players
  • 21081 battles
  • [OJD]

View Postkiller etzi0, on 13 May 2019 - 09:23 PM, said:

Well that's why I also mentioned that being able to "trade up" is fine too. And, I know I am not the only player that has accumulated a stock pile of these things. I would guess anyone in the 4-6 years of playing has similar stock piles. 

it's part of being a gamer you stockpile everything for that battle that never comes. 

killer etzi0 #14 Posted 14 May 2019 - 02:31 AM

Major

• Players
  • 58160 battles
  • [47R]

View PostTemplarKnight75, on 13 May 2019 - 08:24 PM, said:

it's part of being a gamer you stockpile everything for that battle that never comes. 

lol... ok I guess that's one way to look at it. The good of that is I will never run out of said supplies!

Ronald Reagan

MASHMAN 90 #15 Posted 14 May 2019 - 06:26 AM

Major

• WoTC Ambassador
  • 36005 battles

View Postkiller etzi0, on 14 May 2019 - 12:42 AM, said:

On a trade/swap out program for excess consumables and garage slots?

I am sitting on 90 empty garage slots

1070+ manual fire extinguishers

760+ small med kits

80+ remove speed governor  

There is zero to little chance of me even making a dent in the use of any of said items. But a 50% silver value sure would get used!!

What's say ye WG?

In my case i have...

Large Repair: 279

Large Aid: 297

Auto Fire: 216

105 Gasoline: 7

Cola: 64

E. Rations: 42

Chocolate: 29

Pudding: 51

Coffee: 43

I. Rations: 30

Onigiri: 27

Buchty: 15

Cinnamon: 15

Spaghetti: 10

Bread: 15

I'll never use them (Food is debatable) so i'd love to Sell them for 50% or even 25% Silver. It just adds up over time.

John Arrowsmith #16 Posted 14 May 2019 - 06:38 AM

Major

• Players
  • 75899 battles
Later than soon.:P

World of tanks Auto lock edition,  because aiming shouldn't be a skill.

Xenith_Inc #17 Posted 14 May 2019 - 09:52 AM

Major

• Players
  • 6827 battles

*Looks into crystal ball*

*sees people asking to sell all their useless consumables*

*sees people sell their consumables*

*sees WG increasing the base fire rate for all tanks to make consumables no longer useless*

+++Generally found on PS4 EU server from 5 - 9pm CET+++

My YouTube Channel

Plum1973 #18 Posted 14 May 2019 - 10:39 AM

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 439 battles

New Update probably we will see for a few days, maybe two weeks.

It is normal process of updates, interval between updates was 3 months or 2,5 months.

Last update was introduces on 4'th March.

Rookie again

FinlandRed #19 Posted 14 May 2019 - 10:46 AM

Captain

• Players
  • 21350 battles

The sinews of war are infinite money.

It's nonsense about breaking the games economy. They give away so much silver via contracts and ops that I can use premium consumables and food on all my Tier X and any tank about 91% MoE. Hell, for this weekends ranked battles I brought and fitted out a BatChat for the Machine contract. I've made back almost all the 8M silver it cost me just grinding up to Master.

View PostXenith_Inc, on 14 May 2019 - 09:52 AM, said:

*Looks into crystal ball*

*sees people asking to sell all their useless consumables*

*sees people sell their consumables*

*sees WG increasing the base fire rate for all tanks to make consumables no longer useless*

This seems to be true although that could just be confirmation bias on my part.

MrRuinYourNight #20 Posted 14 May 2019 - 10:53 AM

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 203 battles
They're working on a new tank afaik. It's a Tiger I premium, but this time it's blue! Only 12k gold! What a steal!

I don't even play this game anymore lmao

6 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 6 guests, 0 anonymous users