Jump to content


A Tier play tip for those in the US that have the ability to play WoT in the early mornings, weekday...

tip hint morning

  • Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

P6X330 #1 Posted 15 May 2019 - 05:18 PM

    Major

  • Supertest - PS4
  • 15304 battles
  • 3,952
  • [AMXS]
  • Member since:
    07-02-2017

I usually play mornings, starting around 08:00 Houston time, which corresponds to 2:00, 3:00, 4:00 pm in Europe, starting from UK and traveling East all the way to Moscow.

 

If you log into the EUR server around that time, you have a plethora of Tier VIII Premium tanks, and if you queue in your favorite Tier IX, you may become top Tier for several battles in a row.

 

There is no magic to it; my deduction is the following; and it is not backed up by any kind of data, but repetitive play during the hours indicated.

 

There are a lot of younger players at these times, possibly fresh out of school. I hear them speaking, most of the time in some kind of Eastern European language, or Russian. Most of them are in Premium Tier VIII tanks.

When I play my own Tier VIII, I have been in several battles with only that Tier, consecutive battles. Sometimes you get a few Tier IX or VII.

 

Later on in the pm, the population changes, and you start to see a lot of Tier X and IX in your Tier VIII.

 

Conclusion: if you have the possibility to play early mornings US side, you may benefit from very favorable match making in your Tier IX's tanks. This is a very limited time window. One or two hours at best.

I am only noticing it now, because I never played Tier IX frequently before the Machine contract.

 

This is possibly seasonal, but you guys can give it a go, and tell me if what you see tallies with my own observation.


                Bad teams are in the same battle. Good teams work together! don't complain, contribute.

 


SpandexRockstar #2 Posted 15 May 2019 - 05:29 PM

    Sergeant

  • Players
  • 21534 battles
  • 200
  • [OD1N]
  • Member since:
    02-05-2017

Now that's proper seal clubbing ;)

 

We switch from EU to NA about midnight as the EU players go off to get their beauty sleep and MM starts pushing out 7v7s. So I guess we get US east coast mid evening players, or west coast fresh out of schoolers. Still see a lot of Tier10s though :(.

 



P6X330 #3 Posted 15 May 2019 - 06:55 PM

    Major

  • Supertest - PS4
  • 15304 battles
  • 3,952
  • [AMXS]
  • Member since:
    07-02-2017

View PostSpandexRockstar, on 15 May 2019 - 11:29 AM, said:

Now that's proper seal clubbing ;)

 

We switch from EU to NA about midnight as the EU players go off to get their beauty sleep and MM starts pushing out 7v7s. So I guess we get US east coast mid evening players, or west coast fresh out of schoolers. Still see a lot of Tier10s though :(.

 

 

It is not seal clubbing. It is favorable match making.

 

Both teams have the same match making, the same amount of Tier IX, the same deficiencies.


                Bad teams are in the same battle. Good teams work together! don't complain, contribute.

 


moeggsy #4 Posted 16 May 2019 - 12:13 AM

    First lieutenant

  • Players
  • 28727 battles
  • 504
  • [GRUMP]
  • Member since:
    02-22-2016

View PostP6X330, on 15 May 2019 - 01:55 PM, said:

 

It is not seal clubbing. It is favorable match making.

 

Both teams have the same match making, the same amount of Tier IX, the same deficiencies.

 

I have completely given up on the European server. Awfully campy and full of steamroll games both ways but seems worse on Eu server. I'd rather play with 500 in NA queue than 9000+ in EU in the mornings here in the states. I am well aware BOTH servers have good, great and not so good players but in my opinion I tend to perform better in NA were teammates understand English. Haven't tried tier 9, maybe I will sometime. And I agree it's not seal clubbing by any means 

SpandexRockstar #5 Posted 16 May 2019 - 12:34 PM

    Sergeant

  • Players
  • 21534 battles
  • 200
  • [OD1N]
  • Member since:
    02-05-2017
Guys, it was a joke? :)

P6X330 #6 Posted 16 May 2019 - 01:25 PM

    Major

  • Supertest - PS4
  • 15304 battles
  • 3,952
  • [AMXS]
  • Member since:
    07-02-2017

Just in between battles, 8:23 am Texas standard time, there are 193 players with peaks way above 200 queued!!!! EUR server is where you want to be in the mornings.

 

Last evening, on the NA server, there were 73, and about 100 on the EUR.

 

It is all about spending the least amount of time in the queues, and battling.

 

I am completing stage 7 of the Machine contract this morning; I have 36 destruction to go, 10k Xp, and I am grinding for the AMX 50t with my 50-120 benefiting from the 2x Spring Games Bravo; thereafter, switching to the M4 Mle 51 to get to the Mle 54.


Edited by P6X330, 16 May 2019 - 01:30 PM.

                Bad teams are in the same battle. Good teams work together! don't complain, contribute.

 


moeggsy #7 Posted 16 May 2019 - 11:10 PM

    First lieutenant

  • Players
  • 28727 battles
  • 504
  • [GRUMP]
  • Member since:
    02-22-2016

View PostSpandexRockstar, on 16 May 2019 - 07:34 AM, said:

Guys, it was a joke? :)

 

:)

rick007cmx1 #8 Posted 18 June 2019 - 02:28 PM

    Major

  • Players
  • 57771 battles
  • 2,547
  • Member since:
    02-14-2014

View PostP6X330, on 16 May 2019 - 07:25 AM, said:

Just in between battles, 8:23 am Texas standard time, there are 193 players with peaks way above 200 queued!!!! EUR server is where you want to be in the mornings.

 

Last evening, on the NA server, there were 73, and about 100 on the EUR.

 

It is all about spending the least amount of time in the queues, and battling.

 

I am completing stage 7 of the Machine contract this morning; I have 36 destruction to go, 10k Xp, and I am grinding for the AMX 50t with my 50-120 benefiting from the 2x Spring Games Bravo; thereafter, switching to the M4 Mle 51 to get to the Mle 54.

Excuse me sir, there is no Texas Standard Time. Texas is in the same time zone as Louisiana, Central Standard Time.



P6X330 #9 Posted 19 June 2019 - 09:40 PM

    Major

  • Supertest - PS4
  • 15304 battles
  • 3,952
  • [AMXS]
  • Member since:
    07-02-2017

View Postrick007cmx1, on 18 June 2019 - 08:28 AM, said:

Excuse me sir, there is no Texas Standard Time. Texas is in the same time zone as Louisiana, Central Standard Time.

 

You don't live in Texas, that's why..... as they say, everything is bigger in Texas.


                Bad teams are in the same battle. Good teams work together! don't complain, contribute.

 


deadman1921 #10 Posted 20 June 2019 - 01:17 AM

    Captain

  • Players
  • 26719 battles
  • 1,469
  • [-STO-]
  • Member since:
    12-27-2014

Texas is the greatest country in this nation.

 

A Houstonian eh? I live east of Dallas. 

 

Worked down there for 20 years, until recently. Lots of drive time. 


Soldiers of the One/ #GlenIsOurs

 


P6X330 #11 Posted 20 June 2019 - 02:09 PM

    Major

  • Supertest - PS4
  • 15304 battles
  • 3,952
  • [AMXS]
  • Member since:
    07-02-2017

View Postdeadman1921, on 19 June 2019 - 07:17 PM, said:

Texas is the greatest country in this nation.

 

A Houstonian eh? I live east of Dallas. 

 

Worked down there for 20 years, until recently. Lots of drive time. 

 

Not native of Texas, but I enjoy this larger than life Republic.

 

In the "big" cities, it is no longer drive time, but stand still time in your car.... and then, there is Midland... because of the fracking frenzy, the prices have sky rocketed for just about everything including salary wages, which is good in a way. Even roughnecks and roustabouts are hard to come by, and harder to keep since there is a very high demand for any kind of oilfield workers, either skilled and unskilled.

 

I go to Dallas (McKinney actually) quite often. But my city of heart is Austin. If I could, I would live there. War Gaming has an outfit there by the way.


                Bad teams are in the same battle. Good teams work together! don't complain, contribute.

 






Also tagged with tip, hint, morning

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users