• Please log in to reply
41 replies to this topic

SirDerp-a-lot #41 Posted 19 November 2019 - 12:34 AM

Major

• Players
  • 55831 battles
  • [GER_1]

View Postwake_the_move, on 18 November 2019 - 06:39 PM, said:

This is no original quote, so why do you mark it as such?

I didn't. Quotes are greyish-brown boxes with your name on top. My point stands.

View Postwake_the_move, on 18 November 2019 - 06:39 PM, said:

And you‘d know, if you had acquired the Machine yourself and experienced it‘s strengths as well as it‘s flaws first hand. So far your opinion is only based on it’s plain stats, and maybe some bad experiences, like being destroyed by some skilled Machine players.

I don't need to drive a tank to see problems with it. I have enough experience and understanding of the game to make that call without ever owning a Machine. Frankly the notion that you "have to drive it to judge it" is silly.

Yes I've been killed by Machines. I've also been killed by E-100 and Panzerwagen, that does not mean that they are overpowered. Let's see where this stupid idea leads us: You are only defending the Machine because you managed to kill a bad player while driving it.

I have no interest in getting the Machine for the same reason I no longer drive the V/IV or the Absolution: There is no sense of accomplishment. Any idiot can get decent results in these tanks.

wake_the_move #42 Posted 19 November 2019 - 07:37 AM

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 11190 battles

View PostSirDerp-a-lot, on 19 November 2019 - 12:34 AM, said:

I didn't. Quotes are greyish-brown boxes with your name on top. My point stands.

I don't need to drive a tank to see problems with it. I have enough experience and understanding of the game to make that call without ever owning a Machine. Frankly the notion that you "have to drive it to judge it" is silly.

Yes I've been killed by Machines. I've also been killed by E-100 and Panzerwagen, that does not mean that they are overpowered. Let's see where this stupid idea leads us: You are only defending the Machine because you managed to kill a bad player while driving it.

I have no interest in getting the Machine for the same reason I no longer drive the V/IV or the Absolution: There is no sense of accomplishment. Any idiot can get decent results in these tanks.

Quotation marks also indicate a quote. If it was not your intention to quote me, you should have just skipped those in order to prevent confusion/misunderstandings. My point stands as well.

Oh, now comes the part where someone does not need particular experience, but then you refer to your very own. See the contradiction? Regarding experience, I’ve been playing this game since the beta on PC back in 2010. Moved over to Blitz and then console. Started playing frequently on console in 2018, so I didn‘t take the opportunity of massively sealclubbing noobs back in 2016. Otherwise our win rate‘s would probably on par, as my combat effectivity easily matches yours, or even surpasses it.

Apart from the half-truth that WoT, WoT Blitz and WoT console are different games (they rely on the same mechanics) I can tell you by experience, that often enough when new vehicles had been introduced, they were considered being overpowered because at first people did not know how to fight these. I can very well remember the days, when this occurred with the T110 E3, or even T95 being called OP, the AMX 50 100/120/b, or autoloaders in particular, not to mention the T57 heavy. The list goes on plenty.

So far it held true for the IS-4, when it had been a tier 9 tank, the T30, when it was a tier 10 heavy tank, the Waffenträger auf E100 and the FV215 183, until it‘s HESH round got nerfed to 230 mm pen. Regarding the rest it usually took a little time for the players to learn and adapt and then things went on normally. Hell, I even remember earning like 8 Raseiniai medals in an AT 15A back on WoT Blitz early within the first months after it‘s release, when people still had not yet figured out how to fight it effectively. And there might have been plenty of others doing well in it. 

When had the Machine been introduced? This year? Well, I guess there is still time then to figure it out. You say, you‘ve been killed by Machines, but also by E-100 and Panzerwagen. Yet you call the latter not OP, but the other? How does that argument work? And on what evidence do you assume, that so far I‘d only managed to kill one Machine, and that it‘d been driven by a bad player? Again, you got the card before the horse. You are making untenable accusations, which are only founded by your own individual impression rather than intersubjectivity. And you got the nerve to talk about sillyness?

The Absolution btw. has also lost most of it‘s former menacing presence, since more and more players have learned, how to fight it effectively. Same to the Panzer V/IV, which I personally don‘t fear at all during a match. But that‘s the biggest problem. When players fear particular tanks too much. Like the Death Stars and Sh*tbarns. These two are known for there ability to kill tank with just one shot, which normally requires an ammo rack hit. I often enough see players even hesitating to attack those during their long reload. Fear won’t be bad, when it makes you being alert, but it‘ll be bad, if it cripples you.

Edited by wake_the_move, 20 November 2019 - 11:46 AM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users