MM needs to be addressed please.

• Please log in to reply
17 replies to this topic

KillaAkuma #1 Posted 17 May 2019 - 04:42 PM

Corporal

• Players
  • 3762 battles
  • [MOD]

First off I understand that MM probably has a few factors at play when it divides teams. What I don’t understand is one game I will be placed on a good team. The next 5-6 games I am placed on the terrible team. I can complain and huff and puff but what’s the point anymore. I watch a lot of games after I die and see people playing tiers they don’t need to be playing at. From no angle knowledge to just sitting there letting someone shoot em in the rear with no care in world. I see a lot of people on NA servers that are clearly not from NA. “Russian speakers” I don’t mind this other than language barrier. But I bring that up because is it really that bad across servers you need to be on another server to find good MM or what? I really wanna blame premium tanks for the cause of most of the bad MM because it has allowed players who really shouldn’t be at a tier to be there because they used the free XP and bought their way into a tier. But again that’s a mute point war gaming needs money and I have spent my fair share. I just think MM needs a serious overhaul I believe this is one of the biggest factors to the low player counts on PS4. Some games are so miserable. I’ve spent the last week playing T7 just to play it and every game I have played I’ve been bottom tier. Not really an issue with TD with t9 gun but the other people it has paired me with I’m surprised my win lose is still above a 50 at this point. I’m not ranting I just want to have some  hope that one day they will sort this out and make it enjoyable again. Their is so little skill being divided evenly between teams that it has made for some really awful games one team loses one tank vs a complete wipe. That’s very frustrating and would make most casual player delete the game immediately. But more often then not that’s how a lot of games go. 

I know im going to get the trolls and d bags who wanna comment feel free my opinion still stands that this needs to be addressed my hope is someone from war gaming will read this and make some kind of suggestion to someone because at this point this game is dying a slow miserable death.

SauerKrapp #2 Posted 17 May 2019 - 05:06 PM

Major

• Players
  • 34552 battles
  • [47R]

Anyone can fail their way to tier 10 with relative ease given that you just need to play a tank enough times to accumulate enough XP and silver to get to the next package or tank. There is nothing that prevents a person from running a 46% win rate, a k/d below 1 and a average damage lower then the tank they are running.

Additionally, for $50 anyone can suck at tier 8.

Edited by SauerKrapp, 17 May 2019 - 05:07 PM.

Signature by METALHELLIONx84

RUNNINGDUDE1 #3 Posted 17 May 2019 - 06:12 PM

Major

• Supertest - Xbox 360
  • 23489 battles
Trolls and d bags? Okay then.. Let me make it simple for ya.. We all get the bad teams and not just you. In my years of playing this game, it happens and I just shrug it off. Simply put, play different tanks or just take a break. That is all folks

ThermalStone #4 Posted 17 May 2019 - 06:25 PM

Major

• Players
  • 31674 battles
  • [80085]

It's just the player base.  Most players are easy bad at this game.  It's hard to be really good and even the very best players only win one or two more games out of every ten than the average player.  

Best advice:  improve your own performance and don't worry so much about wins and losses over small sample sizes.  In the long run if you get better and carry more games you will begin to move the needle on win percentage and find yourself on fewer bad teamd and with fewer losing streaks.

I'm not stealing kills, I'm handing out Confederate medals.

Rubbelito #5 Posted 17 May 2019 - 06:32 PM

Major

• WoTC Online Contributor
  • 23510 battles
  • [KOALA]

View PostKillaAkuma, on 17 May 2019 - 06:42 PM, said:

What I don’t understand is one game I will be placed on a good team. The next 5-6 games I am placed on the terrible team.

MM doesn't have a clue about what players it puts in which team, and that's the way it should be imo.

Cobravert #6 Posted 17 May 2019 - 06:54 PM

Major

• Players
  • 27310 battles
  • [WPLAC]

View PostRubbelito, on 17 May 2019 - 01:32 PM, said:

MM doesn't have a clue about what players it puts in which team, and that's the way it should be imo.

It should have a clue about what tanks it throws in against each other though. It doesn't.

tank 'weight' =/= team balance

Rubbelito #7 Posted 17 May 2019 - 06:56 PM

Major

• 23510 battles
  • [KOALA]

View PostCobravert, on 17 May 2019 - 08:54 PM, said:

It should have a clue about what tanks it throws in against each other though. It doesn't.

tank 'weight' =/= team balance

And that it does.

With a certain error margin.

Not saying it's perfect in any way though.

The error margin is to big imo, and platoons mess it up too much.

TemplarKnight75 #8 Posted 17 May 2019 - 06:57 PM

Major

• Players
  • 21081 battles
  • [OJD]

No amount of mm balance will change who ends up on your team. Any if you've ever played ranked based multiplayer you'd know even that won't guarantee good teammates or more wins. All the mm can do is try its best to make the tanks equal the rest is up to the individual players and numbers don't show enough years of playing ranked multiplayer games showed me that

Cobravert #9 Posted 17 May 2019 - 07:39 PM

Major

• Players
  • 27310 battles
  • [WPLAC]

View PostRubbelito, on 17 May 2019 - 01:56 PM, said:

And that it does.

With a certain error margin.

Not saying it's perfect in any way though.

The error margin is to big imo, and platoons mess it up too much.

I honestly see the same 'mess' whether I'm in a platoon or not, and even if there are no platoons on either team. One team with 2-4 times as many heavies compared to another with 2-4 times as many TDs (turret less or turreted, doesn't matter), or mediums - something is broken. The 'weight' thing leaves out so many other variables that play into how well any team can do, despite the number of grapes to blueberries, to avocados, and tomatoes.

Rubbelito #10 Posted 17 May 2019 - 07:47 PM

Major

• 23510 battles
  • [KOALA]

View PostCobravert, on 17 May 2019 - 09:39 PM, said:

I honestly see the same 'mess' whether I'm in a platoon or not, and even if there are no platoons on either team. One team with 2-4 times as many heavies compared to another with 2-4 times as many TDs (turret less or turreted, doesn't matter), oe mediums - something is broken. The 'weight' thing leaves out so many other variables that play into how well any team can do, despite the number of grapes to blueberries, to avocados, and tomatoes.

The only classes MM takes into consideration are lights and arty. Those classes have a maximum discrepancy between the teams. All other classes are only handled through battle weight.

I can certainly see a flaw in that, but as with most things else, sometimes it takes and sometimes it gives.

Ending up on Himmels with one top tier heavy against the enemy's 4 is certainly doable, but mostly we know how that's gonna end. But it could just as well have been on Prok or Westfield, and suddenly your team might have an advantage instead.

It's not broken if it is intended, but there's still an argument to be had if classes shouldn't be some part of it anyhow.

BigHundy #11 Posted 17 May 2019 - 07:59 PM

Major

• Players
  • 9707 battles
  • [FCCM]

I spent half my money on gambling, alcohol, and cheap women. The other half I wasted -  W.C. Fields

On the last day of your life, don't forget to die.

Sadriel Fett #12 Posted 18 May 2019 - 12:24 AM

Major

• Supertest - Xbox One
  • 27223 battles
  • [A4C]

View PostSauerKrapp, on 17 May 2019 - 01:06 PM, said:

for $50 anyone can suck at tier 8.

I'm totally stealing this...   :P

~ There's no such thing as "Arty Safe."  You have to play "Arty Aware."  You have to play "SmArty." ~

~ The worst enemies you will ever face in this game are your own team mates. ~

KillaAkuma #13 Posted 18 May 2019 - 05:33 AM

Corporal

• Players
  • 3762 battles
  • [MOD]

View PostRUNNINGDUDE1, on 17 May 2019 - 06:12 PM, said:

Trolls and d bags? Okay then.. Let me make it simple for ya.. We all get the bad teams and not just you. In my years of playing this game, it happens and I just shrug it off. Simply put, play different tanks or just take a break. That is all folks

Lol I see that you took that comment personally It wasn’t directed at you. It was meant to stop the usual [edited]. Since my post isn’t a rant. I do take breaks I also play many of the tanks I own I also have played this game forever. I have put it down and picked it back up again many times. My issue is that 3 years ago on console the game was decent. Decent player base and decent balance for the most part. The issue I see now is that even the most basic of skills have been lost on a lot of people. Also their are many forms of MM that could addressed the issue we all currently face. You can tell me to get over it and move on but dose that change the fact that their is clearly and issue in the game? Or is that just the answer for everything don’t complain just get over it. Hmm well no because I don’t have to and won’t and will be happy to continue to speak my opinion I always find it amazing how quick people are to admonish someone for having an opinion of something. I have always found that being vocal about issues in games helps devs to adjust games for the better more times than not it works. But clearly I am not the only person who has noticed a completely biased gameplay system atm. Also the clear lack of basic game fundamentals is also glaring. When a team spawns and all goes the wrong way on a map or ALL goes one way and leaves one side defenseless and I have to resort to begging people to come and help out that’s an issue. These are clearly things everyone is dealing with I got that. But why should we have to deal with it when we can in theory suggest or demand alternatives.

TemplarKnight75 #14 Posted 18 May 2019 - 06:09 AM

Major

• Players
  • 21081 battles
  • [OJD]

View PostKillaAkuma, on 18 May 2019 - 12:33 AM, said:

Lol I see that you took that comment personally It wasn’t directed at you. It was meant to stop the usual [edited]. Since my post isn’t a rant. I do take breaks I also play many of the tanks I own I also have played this game forever. I have put it down and picked it back up again many times. My issue is that 3 years ago on console the game was decent. Decent player base and decent balance for the most part. The issue I see now is that even the most basic of skills have been lost on a lot of people. Also their are many forms of MM that could addressed the issue we all currently face. You can tell me to get over it and move on but dose that change the fact that their is clearly and issue in the game? Or is that just the answer for everything don’t complain just get over it. Hmm well no because I don’t have to and won’t and will be happy to continue to speak my opinion I always find it amazing how quick people are to admonish someone for having an opinion of something. I have always found that being vocal about issues in games helps devs to adjust games for the better more times than not it works. But clearly I am not the only person who has noticed a completely biased gameplay system atm. Also the clear lack of basic game fundamentals is also glaring. When a team spawns and all goes the wrong way on a map or ALL goes one way and leaves one side defenseless and I have to resort to begging people to come and help out that’s an issue. These are clearly things everyone is dealing with I got that. But why should we have to deal with it when we can in theory suggest or demand alternatives.

time, many changes since the original betas years ago, the game losing its new game scent. All of these things result in your problem. Mm isn't where your issue lies tbh. Mm can't do anything about the skill of your team even with ranked mm.

If you want better players a huge overhaul to the new player experience is needed none of the essential basics are taught beyond moving shooting and the bare bones basics of angling. There needs to be comprehensive tutorials made to teach these basics (and advanced mechanics) without being mandatory. Players can [edited]up then see they need those lessons and can decide to do them in their own time. Even offer a low tier premium as a reward. 

There also needs to be a limit to seal clubbing on some level like platoon restrictions below tier 4 maybe only allow 2 or 3 man platoons or remove silver earning above a certain battle count to discourage seal clubbing. Balancing mm won't make the players better it'll just give the existing players a fair fight more often. Warframe is a good example of how to rework the game to push new players in the right directions

Rommels Cat #15 Posted 18 May 2019 - 06:54 AM

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 2523 battles

I think we need to encourage more seal clubbers, the pop so low down here. When was the last time you guys played a 3v3 in multiplayer. For me it was yesterday, and the day b4.

1gys07.gif

RUNNINGDUDE1 #16 Posted 18 May 2019 - 06:21 PM

Major

• Supertest - Xbox 360
  • 23489 battles

View PostKillaAkuma, on 17 May 2019 - 09:33 PM, said:

Oh I ain't offended. It's just that your post is pretty dull in the sense that you think that MM is only making you get paired up with the baddies and it is not really just you. Again, it happens to EVERYBODY around here in this game and has been that way. I could tell you of how I had really bad streaks before hand. Simply put, nothing can change nor will anything be done to make you be with better teams.

Salty_Tanker #17 Posted 18 May 2019 - 06:28 PM

Major

• WoTC Ambassador
  • 20373 battles
  • [GUARD]

Bad team = opportunity to have an epic game 

“ Never trust a forum member that uses an Anime profile pic .”      - SaltyMcD 

SauerKrapp #18 Posted 20 May 2019 - 11:27 AM

Major

• Players
  • 34552 battles
  • [47R]