2 Marked AMX Chaffee question / opinion .

• Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

ABAOUIA #1 Posted 17 May 2019 - 05:30 PM

Major

• Players
  • 45573 battles
  • [ASYLM]

Hy I'm at the Sharpshooter contract atm.

So i cammo'ed up my AMX Chaffee.

I haven't played it for a long time, cause of different grinds / merc contract's etc.

But also cause it was at 82% wich made me nervous, cause in the past ive read multiple times that it issn't the easiest tank to mark. 

But yesterday i played my first game since a long time and got the 2nd mark, Yahoo !

The crew issn't a problem, got a USA and French crew both maxed out to 15 skills.

And since I decided it is gonna be my fun tank i made it a 100% prem tank, so ammo issn't the question eighter.

It's the setup I'm wondering about.

I use Vents a Camo net and Binocular Telescope.

Reason is that i feel that the games where I'm bottem of the bottem in the Match making (let's say many Heavy's 2 tiers higher) it's better to keep distance, and then the Telescope would provide more safety.

Games where there are more options i would play much more agressive, and at those times both equipment slots are basicly useless.

But cause of the maxed out Light tank crews 15 skills i still have a very good spotting range and high camo factor.

I hope to be able to 3 mark it, but I'm kinda currious of wich setup basicly is needed most.

I think it's easyer to drop in the MOE than to climb, so doing a constant level of damage assist is the best thing and cause of the Telescope in hard matches and the power play in easyer matches i think my averadge damage will be more consistant this way than when i push in binoc's and a stabilizer.

So call me crazy but i would like to debate it with you guys...

SauerKrapp #2 Posted 17 May 2019 - 05:36 PM

Major

• Players
  • 34376 battles
  • [47R]

Alright Crazy, good luck getting that 3rd mark, not an easy task. The camo net is the only item I'd question. The small size and camo rating along with the good crew and vents make it easy for you to hide and snipe early on without getting detected. I use the Vert Stabs in the third slot. When you are fighting on the move you want the best chance of hitting your target. You certainly don't want to stop to have to get your aim locked onto a target. A stationary light is a dead light.

My $.02

Oh, and I have only 2 marked mine so I'm no authority on getting that 3rd mark.

Edited by SauerKrapp, 17 May 2019 - 05:39 PM.

Signature by METALHELLIONx84

swindle 321 #3 Posted 17 May 2019 - 05:46 PM

Major

• Beta Tester
  • 36998 battles
  • [IMTLZ]

Optics, vert stabs and vents with coffee and plenty of APCR :)

It's not the cheapest tank in the game to run, in fact it might actually be my most expensive 3rd mark to date.

YouTube

Joco3000 #4 Posted 17 May 2019 - 05:48 PM

Major

• Supertest - Xbox One
  • 26499 battles
  • [JOCO]

I used Camo Net, Optics and V-Stabs to three mark mine.

Pure premium and consumables.

This was, however, years ago, back when it could see tier Xs. I do not even maintain two marks on mine at the moment (too much effort).

You can PM with with questions, if you wish. I don't bite.

Compilation thread of my ideas

Sammael85 #5 Posted 17 May 2019 - 06:57 PM

Major

• Players
  • 24151 battles
  • [FAC]
I only played two games in mine, and i'm not heading into 3 marking a Premium tank. But i felt it more reliable as an active scouter than a passive one.

Some might say i'm not constructive enough... Too bad i'm actually a deconstructivist

Si eres español/hispano y te sientes aislado por WG, no estás solo: Hay un Batallón Exiliado dispuesto a ayudarte

Hear me ROAR!!!

Mashed #6 Posted 17 May 2019 - 07:30 PM

Major

• Beta Tester
  • 35109 battles
Good luck with the 3rd mark.

Mine only has 2 marks, but I run all my new French crews through it as it's great for training.

It's setup as an active scout though, Optics, Vert Stab, Vents, ammo 24/24/0 with small repair, small first aid, 100 octane.

That's probably not the best for 3 marking it, from the above posts.

MashedIT | YouTube | Mixer |

You only help your team mates, because they cannot be shot at, if they are dead.

scwirpeo #7 Posted 17 May 2019 - 07:43 PM

Major

• Players
  • 40424 battles
  • [CRY]

Use food and spam premium ammo. Use vert stabs and optics, the third slot is whatever i did mine with a camo net I got a use out of maybe every 3-4 games. Three marking the AMX Chaffe has almost nothing to do with your ability to light tank or your actual skill in the Chafee it's literally just about if you can afford to spam the apcr and food required long enough. 

It's my least favorite 3 mark just because it never felt like I was actually playing better than 95% of players, it was more like I was spending more than 95% of players. Even I don't spam gold that much and that's coming from a person who can't even remember the last time I had a tank with under 50% gold ammo.

MOEs so I can pretend like they matter

Spoiler

Me say NEEE #8 Posted 17 May 2019 - 07:58 PM

Captain

• Supertest - Xbox One
  • 58145 battles

View Postswindle 321, on 17 May 2019 - 01:46 PM, said:

It's not the cheapest tank in the game to run, in fact it might actually be my most expensive 3rd mark to date.

Other than the coffee that's how I got the 3rd mark on mine.

ABAOUIA #9 Posted 17 May 2019 - 07:59 PM

Major

• Players
  • 45573 battles
  • [ASYLM]
Nice responses sofar.

I might be the crazy one, but i know how to play the game.

So basicly 90% of my tanks wich also includes some Heavy's have the Telescope.

Basicly I'm a frontline player, i look for the action, in those situations I don't use the Telescope, but cause of my "skill-level" (don't get it wrong ! I'm not the air person, I know I'm not the best player !) I still do good to very good.

The games where I'm way underpowered like a T43 fighting a 705 Heavy at those moments i benefit from the Telescope.
Cause besides tracking or flanking (wich is dangerous cause once spotted, 1 hit will cripple ya bigtime) there are not many options to be the "leader / instigator of the fight.

So that is my main weight point, will changing it for Binocs give me higher dmg game but also lower dmg games ?

Cause now basicly a game in my favor i can power it cause of the strength of the AMX Chaffee and the games wich are not in my favor cause of MM i can still sweep up the asssisted wich i think i can't do with the Binocs without the risk of getting crippled in 1 shot or when i stay safe (not next to arty but at safe position)

Btw i will use food but first i will go for the 90% then food comes around, cause basicly my playstyle is based on using 2 big repair kids and a big med kid.

Somehow i find it very difficult to play with only 1 big repair kid !

ABAOUIA #10 Posted 17 May 2019 - 08:12 PM

Major

• Players
  • 45573 battles
  • [ASYLM]
Some easy stats

121 games, 69 Wins (57%)

135 kills.    , 40 Survived (33%)

68% hitratio and for what it's worth 18 medals

85,09% moe

animatethant #11 Posted 18 May 2019 - 05:16 AM

Major

• Players
  • 77645 battles

3 marks. 

food, full premium ammo (ain't got time to bounce a shell) and large consumables. 

I played it like an opportunistic assassin ... can't remember the setup exactly but it's probably the same as Swindle 321 in vert stabs, optics and vents and a very good crew. 

the strat is usually similar with many lights ... go with some tanks and recognize areas of the map where you can position to unload clips either from angles or from approaching tanks that have been distracted or isolated and emptying a clip and driving off ... tracking helps too. Reload is relatively fast so definitely take advantage of this when repositioning or trying to get off radar/spot in order to plan the next engagement. 

make sure you survive to end game to max damage and assists for that 3 mark run ... don't just take risks and get punished for it just because you're a light tank. Remember that one bad game drags down 4-5 good games it seems. 

it's a really expensive tank to run this way and there were some good games where I still lost big silver in the run for 3 marks even with a prem account. 

steelheadclan #12 Posted 28 May 2019 - 03:50 AM

Major

• Players
  • 14893 battles
  • [REAL]

Congratulations on 2nd mark!

For my third mark full gold loadout, food, prem repair and med, optics, vents and I think Vert stabs.

XGNgiveitT0ya #13 Posted 28 May 2019 - 11:22 AM

Captain

• Players
  • 10887 battles

View Postswindle 321, on 17 May 2019 - 05:46 PM, said:

When he says plenty he means 100%..and dont feel bad about it either. Show me someone who says they 3 marked it with AP and ill show you a liar lol..also keep in mind the amx chaffee is a much better late game scout than a early game scout so dont be afraid to take a passive playstyle for the first few minutes, just because youre in a light doesn't mean you gotta spot everyone right away.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users