• Please log in to reply
43 replies to this topic

RadiantPup27709 #21 Posted 20 May 2019 - 12:17 AM

Major

• Players
  • 26154 battles

View PostHollowPoint_808, on 19 May 2019 - 05:51 PM, said:

How do you team kill? 

Knock them into deep water, or off a cliff and if they take enough damage, or are destroyed, you'll turn turquois, lose a kill (-1) and become vulnerable to friendly fire. If you've somehow managed to be able to do that enough times, you'll recieve a game ban.

mi amigo 9 #22 Posted 20 May 2019 - 12:33 AM

Sergeant

• Players
  • 16769 battles

View Postmi amigo 9, on 19 May 2019 - 05:01 AM, said:

I don't think I see it much anymore (players messing with me or others not actual teamkills) but it's probably because I play higher tiers.  Saw it a lot more in mid tiers and on weekend play.  I've never actually seen a blue tank.

I will admit that if someone does stupid [edited]to me or harass another teammate I see red mist and go avenger.  I don't mean an accidental bump but clear case of harassment.   Other day I flipped one over then penned him to the wall after I shoved his platoon buddy into the line of fire.  They were for whatever reason penning a teammate into the corner.  It is usually a pair of kids in a platoon on a weekend night who must think it is funny ... again though it seems pretty rare now and they are usually incompetent so you can get them to get themselves killed pretty easy.  Never managed to turn myself blue or seen one though.

Potato QQ #23 Posted 20 May 2019 - 02:23 AM

Major

• Players
  • 19959 battles

Big NO on that. 

WOT is not mature enough to play with Friendly Fire. 

Jherry Angel #24 Posted 20 May 2019 - 07:54 AM

Captain

• Supertest - Xbox One
  • 32011 battles

View PostKY PRO 2008, on 18 May 2019 - 09:18 PM, said:

Rare?   yah i see people teamkill at least a couple times a day.    its also pointless to report person cause there is nothing ever done about it.    theres a certain clan that does this almost daily on purpose

View PostCatSnipah, on 18 May 2019 - 11:01 PM, said:

Couple times per day?? I’m throwing the bull puckey flag on that statement.

Me too - 30K games and only seen it twice that I can recall.  Rarer than hen's teeth IMO

"Whatever doesn't kill you, simply makes you ... stranger." 

MaxChaos24 #25 Posted 20 May 2019 - 11:15 AM

Gameplay Expert

• Administrator
  • 12610 battles

View PostKY PRO 2008, on 18 May 2019 - 05:18 PM, said:

Rare?   yah i see people teamkill at least a couple times a day.    its also pointless to report person cause there is nothing ever done about it.    theres a certain clan that does this almost daily on purpose

Hello, 

For clarity:

• Once you do a certain % of Team Damage to an allied tank (doesn't take much), you turn Blue as your account has accumulated Team Kill penalty points and this is warning to stop and allows your team to kill you as punishment.
  • If you continue to do Team Damage (doesn't take much more), your account will be kicked from the match and auto-banned for 24 hours for your first offense. 
  • These Team Kill penalties / points carry over from match to match. 
  • The only way to lose Team Kill penalty points is by playing correctly. These points will degrade slowly from your account after each battle played, so if you even do the tiniest bit of Team Damage after coming back from a ban, you'll immediately be kicked with an even longer game ban. 
  • If you do play correctly for a long time and get your account back into good standing, the ban lengths still will never reset. So if you ever team kill again in the future, you'll immediately be given the next level ban length. 

It's not possible for anyone to repeated Team Kill due to the automatic ban system. :honoring:

ScubaSteveNO2 #26 Posted 20 May 2019 - 11:57 AM

Corporal

• Players
  • 37268 battles

Thanks for the clear explanation.

Is there anything for people who start and either leave or never move, shoot or participate?:hiding:

MaxChaos24 #27 Posted 20 May 2019 - 12:01 PM

Gameplay Expert

• Administrator
  • 12610 battles

View PostScubaSteveNO2, on 20 May 2019 - 07:57 AM, said:

Thanks for the clear explanation.

Is there anything for people who start and either leave or never move, shoot or participate?:hiding:

If they start and leave while alive, they are penalized XP and Silver. 

If they AFK, they are penalized XP and Silver

If they attempt to bypass the AFK detection/penalty , they receive game bans.

tonygillott #28 Posted 20 May 2019 - 12:05 PM

Captain

• Players
  • 38018 battles
  • [FUBB]
A friendly hit me once and then drowned himself and I turned blue! Luckily the team saw what happened and didn’t shoot me :great:

IBROX 04 #29 Posted 20 May 2019 - 12:10 PM

Major

• Players
  • 19541 battles
  • [BNKR]

View PostMaxChaos24, on 20 May 2019 - 12:15 PM, said:

Hello, 

For clarity:

• Once you do a certain % of Team Damage to an allied tank (doesn't take much), you turn Blue as your account has accumulated Team Kill penalty points and this is warning to stop and allows your team to kill you as punishment.
  • If you continue to do Team Damage (doesn't take much more), your account will be kicked from the match and auto-banned for 24 hours for your first offense. 
  • These Team Kill penalties / points carry over from match to match. 
  • The only way to lose Team Kill penalty points is by playing correctly. These points will degrade slowly from your account after each battle played, so if you even do the tiniest bit of Team Damage after coming back from a ban, you'll immediately be kicked with an even longer game ban. 
  • If you do play correctly for a long time and get your account back into good standing, the ban lengths still will never reset. So if you ever team kill again in the future, you'll immediately be given the next level ban length. 

It's not possible for anyone to repeated Team Kill due to the automatic ban system. :honoring:

Alright, that's why i see a blue player at the start of a game. 

Aaron William Murray                    Forever in our hearts

SuperSherman44 #30 Posted 20 May 2019 - 01:20 PM

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 20081 battles
I think I turned blue once (accident):)
I Heart The Sherman (Best tank of WWII)

Cobravert #31 Posted 20 May 2019 - 01:43 PM

Major

• Players
  • 27062 battles
  • [WPLAC]
Team killing seemed to be almost a weekly happening for me. I have no idea why people had it in for me, but I was rammed off of cliffs in my turretless TDs by heavies and mediums quite often. Obviously they never played a turretless TD with poor armor. Either way I reported them and was assured that "things were taken care of". I haven't seen it nor have had it happen to me for quite a while now. I do see and have been pushed, or intentionally pit maneuvered by other tanks a little too often, but they at least do not persist the entire round or try to ensure that I'm killed.

HybredXero #32 Posted 20 May 2019 - 04:28 PM

Captain

• Players
  • 31486 battles
  • [BULL]
just turn friendly fire off....

"Trusting the Blue Falcon is like playing Russian Roulette....with six rounds in the chamber"

"CEDAT FORTUNA PERITIS" (Let Fortune Yield to Experience)

Cpt KYU #33 Posted 20 May 2019 - 04:44 PM

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 19260 battles

View PostZCFlayer, on 19 May 2019 - 04:56 PM, said:

I've never actually seen a blue tank. Its super rare.

I’ve actually been the blue tank once. Was working a corner on Swamp and a Comet used my tank as hardcover. Too bad he was in too deep water and drowned while touching with my tank. Took me a while to understand why I turned blue... 

DrHorrible4Life #34 Posted 20 May 2019 - 05:19 PM

Major

• Beta Tester
  • 11483 battles

The entire system is pointless.  If console players are not mature enough for friendly fire to be enabled, why is this feature still a part of our game?  On PC, if you turn blue, you probably earned it.  On console, if you turn blue it is most likely an accident that your team will most likely handle wrong and you just lose credits and your will to keep playing.

It's stupid.

Panzercat39 #35 Posted 20 May 2019 - 05:20 PM

Corporal

• Players
  • 3881 battles

View PostPotato QQ, on 20 May 2019 - 02:23 AM, said:

Big NO on that. 

WOT is not mature enough to play with Friendly Fire. 

I remember back in the early days of wot on pc,when there was only 3 nations to choose from,friendly fire was on by default.They took it away because some players would just try to team kill whole teams.If it was the same for console the game would be more broken that it already is.

Potato QQ #36 Posted 20 May 2019 - 06:31 PM

Major

• Players
  • 19959 battles

View PostPanzercat39, on 20 May 2019 - 09:20 AM, said:

I remember back in the early days of wot on pc,when there was only 3 nations to choose from,friendly fire was on by default.They took it away because some players would just try to team kill whole teams.If it was the same for console the game would be more broken that it already is.

​people would shoot a enemy and a team mate would get in there crosshairs 

people would team kill just for pushing or slightly snudging there tank

people would team kill based on there tank class

There's the trolls who team kill just because.

Turning FF off is better,  when the community has the maturity of a 5 year old 

IBROX 04 #37 Posted 20 May 2019 - 06:45 PM

Major

• Players
  • 19541 battles
  • [BNKR]

View PostPotato QQ, on 20 May 2019 - 07:31 PM, said:

​people would shoot a enemy and a team mate would get in there crosshairs 

people would team kill just for pushing or slightly snudging there tank

people would team kill based on there tank class

There's the trolls who team kill just because.

Turning FF off is better,  when the community has the maturity of a 5 year old 

Since so many players shoot each other in the Bum at kick off, i agree FF off is better. 

Aaron William Murray                    Forever in our hearts

DrHorrible4Life #38 Posted 20 May 2019 - 08:04 PM

Major

• Beta Tester
  • 11483 battles

View PostIBROX 04, on 20 May 2019 - 06:45 PM, said:

Since so many players shoot each other in the Bum at kick off, i agree FF off is better. 

But where do we draw the line?  Friendly tanks can still push you out of cover, block you, or force you off cliffs or into water.  Should collisions be disabled so trolls can't troll?  

Let's not forget what happens when you FF on PC.  The system punishes, and players adjust behavior or get banned.  

All console has done is address 1 aspect of troll behavior, and what we're left with is the exact same number of trolls exploiting different mechanics.  Additionally, when you "accidentally" hit a friendly on PC, you learn to hold for a clear shot, which makes you better.  On console, we just blame the guy in the tank moving 40 kph instead of the guy who just fired a round at 1000 meters per second.  

So it's pointless and worse, not just pointless.

SkillfulTurtl3 #39 Posted 20 May 2019 - 08:06 PM

Captain

• Players
  • 30563 battles

View PostKY PRO 2008, on 18 May 2019 - 09:18 PM, said:

Should have gone to Specsavers !

Seriously, this is a rare event. With over 30,000 battles I have probably only seen it around 10 times, and some of those were accidental, e.g. collision on a bridge and one goes over the edge.

DrHorrible4Life #40 Posted 20 May 2019 - 08:11 PM

Major

• Beta Tester
  • 11483 battles

View PostSkillfulTurtl3, on 20 May 2019 - 08:06 PM, said:

Should have gone to Specsavers !

Seriously, this is a rare event. With over 30,000 battles I have probably only seen it around 10 times, and some of those were accidental, e.g. collision on a bridge and one goes over the edge.

I've seen a few accidental smurfs over the years.  

I've also seen dozens of "physics abuse" violations persist through entire play sessions with the same guy in the same two tanks repeatedly harrassing teammates seemingly without penalty.  

Our system stops nothing.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users