Why no sniper medal ?

• Please log in to reply
13 replies to this topic

SABR alphonso #1 Posted 19 May 2019 - 07:33 PM

Corporal

• Beta Tester
  • 23414 battles

I rarely post but after 2 days of trying to get 4 sniper medals for the machine contract and failing miserably, I had what I thought would be a good one.

I had 12 shots, 11 hits totalling over 1000hp and top in XP with premium time therefore meeting all the medal requirement. The player below me had 12 shots and 11 hits also but less XP . 

Any ideas what I'm missing as I've nearly finished the XP requirements but cannot get a sniper today. Really enjoying this contract, been plaing all 9's and 10's that get ignored due to grinds.

Very Classy #2 Posted 19 May 2019 - 07:43 PM

Major

• Players
  • 31552 battles
  • [JOCO]
Only one medal per game. Have to have the best accuracy in the whole lobby... with at least 10 shots and 1,000 potential damage.

There is literally an Xbox 360 in a museum, and this is the best joke you can come up with?
                                                                                         -- allhavoc

StampyL0ng Girl #3 Posted 19 May 2019 - 07:56 PM

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 27217 battles

Play a batchat and actually snipe .

I know it's not the way to play it but 3 clips hitting is good enough.

Ends to a means is how i looked at it.

I didn't death circle much as it's easy to miss.

mi amigo 9 #4 Posted 19 May 2019 - 08:03 PM

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 18481 battles

View PostSABR alphonso, on 19 May 2019 - 07:33 PM, said:

I rarely post but after 2 days of trying to get 4 sniper medals for the machine contract and failing miserably, I had what I thought would be a good one.

I had 12 shots, 11 hits totalling over 1000hp and top in XP with premium time therefore meeting all the medal requirement. The player below me had 12 shots and 11 hits also but less XP . 

Any ideas what I'm missing as I've nearly finished the XP requirements but cannot get a sniper today. Really enjoying this contract, been plaing all 9's and 10's that get ignored due to grinds.

You would have to look at the next qualifying.  Is it overall BASE xp remember or potential damage.  That aside do you have the batchat and are you any good in it?  If so it's trivial to get the sniper at least it was for me.  Pick a spot to hide in the beginning of the game and unload that first 5 clip very carefully.  Now hide carefully do not engage.  Wait towards the end of game and find that isolated tank out there and swoop in and unload your full clip point blank doesn't matter if you take damage now.  You will be 10 for 10 and easily meet the potential HP and are almost guaranteed the medal.  Had my 4 knocked out in basically 5 or 6 tries.

by the way this is why medal requirements are stupid.  if they arent random (fires) then u just have to figure out how to manipulate them putting good play aside.  confederate medal .. batchat ... never shoot any tank more than once run around your field and hope your team wins.

Edited by mi amigo 9, 19 May 2019 - 08:06 PM.

Very Classy #5 Posted 19 May 2019 - 08:09 PM

Major

• Players
  • 31552 battles
  • [JOCO]

I dunno about using the Bat Chat 25t... that's easily the least reliable Tier X medium gun in the game.

My advice is don't shoot for pens... eat 4 losses, just shoot center-mass. You're gonna bounce... a lot... but you only need potential damage, you do not need actual damage.

There is literally an Xbox 360 in a museum, and this is the best joke you can come up with?
                                                                                         -- allhavoc

mi amigo 9 #6 Posted 19 May 2019 - 08:14 PM

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 18481 battles

View PostVery Classy, on 19 May 2019 - 08:09 PM, said:

I dunno about using the Bat Chat 25t... that's easily the least reliable Tier X medium gun in the game.

My advice is don't shoot for pens... eat 4 losses, just shoot center-mass. You're gonna bounce... a lot... but you only need potential damage, you do not need actual damage.

lol ... i might disagree as it's my favorite but it's perfect for this.  Easy to snipe at a distance as you point out pens or actual damage not needed.  You just need to be careful not expose yourself and aim carefully and shoot slowly.  Where it comes in beautiful is getting those last 5 shots in is super easy.  Run up behind something preferable with a lot of HP left but very slow.  They can do nothing but take 5 shots point blank.  Then sit back and die or just around but only fire if it is impossible to miss.  You now have 100% accuracy and have met all requirements.  Worst case you might tie with someone.  They got to get 100% with more than 10 shots.

Edited by mi amigo 9, 19 May 2019 - 08:15 PM.

Pit Friend #7 Posted 19 May 2019 - 08:22 PM

Major

• Players
  • 32956 battles
  • [PTATO]

View PostSABR alphonso, on 19 May 2019 - 02:33 PM, said:

The guy below you might have had more potential or actual damage done with his 11 hits. Since you both had the same hit percentage that would have given it to him. 

Una nox dormienda - You only live once (but classier)

Very Classy #8 Posted 19 May 2019 - 08:28 PM

Major

• Players
  • 31552 battles
  • [JOCO]

Okay, OP... looking at your vehicles, I would suggest rolling with the TVP 50/51, which you have 5 medals in 51 matches, and the FV4202, with 5 medals in 42 matches. Those are good ratios... you'll have it done in no time. The Super Conqueror is pretty great, too, with its amazing Rate of Fire and its survivability.

Just don't take risky shots. Your stats show that you are a good player... you'll definitely get this done.

-- allhavoc

SABR alphonso #9 Posted 19 May 2019 - 08:38 PM

Corporal

• Beta Tester
  • 23414 battles

Wow, thanks for the replies, that has given me some drive. I've had the BC25 for some time but seldom played and love the new 4202. I've had a few goes with the 25 today but every game I've been harassed by a light and always waste a shot before I get him.

Guess I'll just be selfish until complete, not really my style but, needs must.

Spike1958 #10 Posted 20 May 2019 - 03:21 AM

Corporal

• Players
  • 36577 battles

View PostSABR alphonso, on 19 May 2019 - 07:33 PM, said:

As the second person replying stated, you not only have to have the best hit % on your team, you also have to beat the best player on the red team. If you look back at that particular game(if you can), someone on the red team might have been 10/10 or 12/13.

rrmike #11 Posted 20 May 2019 - 04:48 AM

Captain

• Players
  • 21684 battles
  • [ARROW]
Yep, look at the red team. Someone probably got a 10/10

mi amigo 9 #12 Posted 20 May 2019 - 04:44 PM

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 18481 battles

View Postrrmike, on 20 May 2019 - 04:48 AM, said:

Yep, look at the red team. Someone probably got a 10/10

Which was back to my point ... almost no need to hit more than 10/10 it's actually detrimental unless of course it's 11/11.  After you get 10/10 just go ram someone.

SABR alphonso #13 Posted 20 May 2019 - 06:20 PM

Corporal

• Beta Tester
  • 23414 battles

Yes it was likely a red thinking about it.

I went and tried with the Bat Chat and got it right away. Steppes and I sat in a bush on the middle gulley, had some pot shots with the first clip and hit all 5, played passive until the reds were thinned and went hunting. It was my best game and whilst playing I couldn't help thinking how easy it was. I just never got it with this tank before.

Thanks for all the advice guys, it's been a great help and I learnt to Bat Chat.

mi amigo 9 #14 Posted 21 May 2019 - 02:46 AM

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 18481 battles

View PostSABR alphonso, on 20 May 2019 - 06:20 PM, said:

Yes it was likely a red thinking about it.

I went and tried with the Bat Chat and got it right away. Steppes and I sat in a bush on the middle gulley, had some pot shots with the first clip and hit all 5, played passive until the reds were thinned and went hunting. It was my best game and whilst playing I couldn't help thinking how easy it was. I just never got it with this tank before.

Thanks for all the advice guys, it's been a great help and I learnt to Bat Chat.

batchat is the best ... it's the tank i play when I don't need to play any others.  that said I can't even one mark it.  people must be having some monster games on avg in it because i sit around 50% with it.  I get 3-4k damage and 3-4 kills and it barely moves the needle.  lol i'm not mentioning the other games i die in the first 30 seconds though.

the hardest thing is you are tempted to think it's a light.  it isn't and if you get out front early you will get shredded because you are at tier 10.  someone will track you and even with instant repair you are done.  it is all about map awareness and picking your spots because you can get anywhere pretty easy but you must put yourself in a good situation and when you come out of nowhere people just wet themselves.

you can pick up monster spotting damage too but it requires you to be completely passive or extremely careful active scouting.

Edited by mi amigo 9, 21 May 2019 - 02:53 AM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users