WoTC Academy: How to Stay Arty Safe

10 replies to this topic

Cpl Derren #1 Posted 19 May 2019 - 11:05 PM

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 27497 battles
  • [DS-]
So todays video is another one for the “New Player Packet” playlist. How To: Be Arty Safe check it out here!

This video, like the last one was inspired by those helpful tips that were present in the loading screen a while back. figured, I’d provide a more detailed video explanation. Thanks to the WoTCA team for assisting me, and thanks to everyone for your support! :):honoring:

Edited by Cpl Derren, 19 May 2019 - 11:06 PM.

Come watch me on Twitch! Simply search: cpl_derren

Check out my YouTube channel WoTC Academy!  https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCZCURXxiHul8a_9hRcgfpmA

Sadriel Fett #2 Posted 19 May 2019 - 11:50 PM

Major

• Supertest - Xbox One
  • 27262 battles
  • [A4C]

There is no such thing as "Arty Safe," only "Arty Aware."   :honoring:

Cool video, though.  I especially like the side by side comparison of "Arty View" vs "Player View."  I've always said that alot of people complain about Arty, yet when you check their stats you see they haven't played Arty that much.  The best way to learn how to defend against a class is to play that class of tank for a bit.  Grinding up the German Arty line for all the Tier X German tanks was an eye opener for the strengths and limitations of Arty and its related mechanics in this game.  Playing it made me realize how Arty was getting off some of the shots they were able to hit.  Most of the time, it was because of something I did, where I left myself open to get hit, or stood still for too long.

That one bit of advice reminded me of this.

Serpentine!!!  Serpentine!!!

Edited by Sadriel Fett, 20 May 2019 - 12:02 AM.

~ There's no such thing as "Arty Safe."  You have to play "Arty Aware."  You have to play "SmArty." ~

~ The worst enemies you will ever face in this game are your own team mates. ~

Cpl Derren #3 Posted 20 May 2019 - 01:01 AM

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 27497 battles
  • [DS-]

View PostSadriel Fett, on 19 May 2019 - 06:50 PM, said:

There is no such thing as "Arty Safe," only "Arty Aware."   :honoring:

Cool video, though.  I especially like the side by side comparison of "Arty View" vs "Player View."  I've always said that alot of people complain about Arty, yet when you check their stats you see they haven't played Arty that much.  The best way to learn how to defend against a class is to play that class of tank for a bit.  Grinding up the German Arty line for all the Tier X German tanks was an eye opener for the strengths and limitations of Arty and its related mechanics in this game.  Playing it made me realize how Arty was getting off some of the shots they were able to hit.  Most of the time, it was because of something I did, where I left myself open to get hit, or stood still for too long.

That one bit of advice reminded me of this.

Serpentine!!!  Serpentine!!!

Why do I find it Ironic that I just got done watching an episode of this show? :teethhappy: But yes I agree that one can never truly be arty safe, because splash can still hit you, but I guess you could be arty safe in terms of getting hit directly? That was what I was going for.

Check out my YouTube channel WoTC Academy!  https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCZCURXxiHul8a_9hRcgfpmA

SteampunkPagan #4 Posted 20 May 2019 - 01:09 AM

Major

• Beta Tester
  • 92328 battles
  • [HDC-R]

View PostCpl Derren, on 19 May 2019 - 06:05 PM, said:

So todays video is another one for the “New Player Packet” playlist. How To: Be Arty Safe check it out here!

This video, like the last one was inspired by those helpful tips that were present in the loading screen a while back. figured, I’d provide a more detailed video explanation. Thanks to the WoTCA team for assisting me, and thanks to everyone for your support! :):honoring:

Hello Sir,

As a proud Arty player mistakes I see made on a regular basis are very easy to avoid:

1) When spotted traveling in a straight line in the same direction as when spotted (This one you mention in your very well done video).

2) Knocking over trees & buildings.

3) Sitting in groups firing.

4) Going to known camping sites & sitting in one spot continually firing.

5) Shooting at team mates (I can see the tracer from you & to the friendly you fire at).

6) Last getting in a roll rhythm (when you roll back & fourth doing so in the same patterns).

All these above things will cost you health points 90% of the time if the opposing team has a moderately skilled arty player on their team.

Hope this is of some help & enjoyed your video keep up the good work.

SPP

“Who shot him? I asked. The grey man scratched the back of his neck and said: Somebody with a gun.” ― Dashiell Hammett, Red Harvest

"Arrête! C'est ici l'empire de la Mort"

"Si vis pacem, para bellum"

Sadriel Fett #5 Posted 20 May 2019 - 02:29 AM

Major

• Supertest - Xbox One
  • 27262 battles
  • [A4C]

View PostSteampunkPagan, on 19 May 2019 - 09:09 PM, said:

Hello Sir,

As a proud Arty player mistakes I see made on a regular basis are very easy to avoid:

1) When spotted traveling in a straight line in the same direction as when spotted (This one you mention in your very well done video).

5) Shooting at team mates (I can see the tracer from you & to the friendly you fire at).

6) Last getting in a roll rhythm (when you roll back & fourth doing so in the same patterns).

All these above things will cost you health points 90% of the time if the opposing team has a moderately skilled arty player on their team.

SPP

Spot on with numbers 2 and 5.  I got my Bombardier Medal because someone on the Red team was shooting his teammate at the start of the match before anyone had been spotted.  You could see where the round stopped when it hit his buddies tank, so I aimed accordingly and ended up lucking out and took them both out.  With teammates like that, who needs enemies?

~ There's no such thing as "Arty Safe."  You have to play "Arty Aware."  You have to play "SmArty." ~

~ The worst enemies you will ever face in this game are your own team mates. ~

Cpl Derren #6 Posted 20 May 2019 - 02:44 AM

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 27497 battles
  • [DS-]

View PostSteampunkPagan, on 19 May 2019 - 08:09 PM, said:

Hello Sir,

SPP

View PostSadriel Fett, on 19 May 2019 - 09:29 PM, said:

Spot on with numbers 2 and 5.  I got my Bombardier Medal because someone on the Red team was shooting his teammate at the start of the match before anyone had been spotted.  You could see where the round stopped when it hit his buddies tank, so I aimed accordingly and ended up lucking out and took them both out.  With teammates like that, who needs enemies?

As someone who doesn't play arty (and will probably "outsource" my videos to someone who does lol) I did not know about number 5! and in fact I completely forgot about #2 as I stopped doing both of those things years ago! :teethhappy: Thanks for these. I will definitely add them in in the description, and will rework this video later down the line adding #2. if they do #5 well....they need to learn its not nice to shoot team mates....

as for the rest such as #3, these will be covered in another video regarding moving as/with a group. :honoring:

Edited by Cpl Derren, 20 May 2019 - 02:46 AM.

Skill4AUT #7 Posted 20 May 2019 - 04:55 AM

Captain

• Players
  • 14790 battles
  • [-GMW-]

Dont forgot that the artys got not all the same firing Angel! Obj 261 got the lowest one and CGC the highest one.    A CGC can hit u also behind some buildings rocks or else. I was playing long enough artys on pc ans my favorite one was the CGC. 

But its Great how u guys try to help new players :great:

Work on its a great thing u do.    

markyjmeech #8 Posted 20 May 2019 - 07:29 AM

Major

• WoTC Ambassador
  • 32398 battles
  • [B-W-P]
Nice video again Derren :honoring: thou the only way to play arty safe is to YOLO and kill them from the start :teethhappy:

A prestigious member of the Senior Technical Engineer Club 

Twitch channel if anyone is interested  https://www.twitch.tv/markyjmeech Twitter @Markyjmeech Discord Markyjmeech SZQWCz9.jpg

DwarfOnDrugs #9 Posted 20 May 2019 - 09:03 AM

Major

• Players
  • 30854 battles
  • [-UNL-]
Please give me a guide on how to play the Maus arty safe on Prokhorovka 

Cpl Derren #10 Posted 20 May 2019 - 11:58 AM

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 27497 battles
  • [DS-]

View PostSkill4AUT, on 19 May 2019 - 11:55 PM, said:

Dont forgot that the artys got not all the same firing Angel! Obj 261 got the lowest one and CGC the highest one.    A CGC can hit u also behind some buildings rocks or else. I was playing long enough artys on pc ans my favorite one was the CGC. 

But its Great how u guys try to help new players :great:

Work on its a great thing u do.    

Thank you for the support! knowing that a lot of the older, veteran community is behind me on my mission is enough to keep me motivated! Overall I did not cover angles and such because like I said/agreed, one can never be truly arty safe, as splash can still hit you, but being arty safe can be determined as not getting hit directly. which was what I was trying to show how to prevent. :) 

View PostDwarfOnDrugs, on 20 May 2019 - 04:03 AM, said:

Please give me a guide on how to play the Maus arty safe on Prokhorovka 

all I can say is: I'm sorry for you, and......BANZAI! :teethhappy::izmena::honoring: lol

TheTotalPackage7 #11 Posted 25 May 2019 - 10:42 AM

Corporal

• Players
  • 17420 battles
  • [BLADA]
I find it funny how on Prokhorovka I don't seem to get hit that often by arty, but on other maps I feel like I have a big "X" painted on the top of my turret.

Reply to this topic

For security reasons, please do not provide your personal data or the personal data of a third party here because we might be unable to protect such data in accordance with the Wargaming Privacy Policy.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users